Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 752

So I was upset that Daz removed the comment field from the wishlist, because I put price histories in those comments so I could decide when a price was as a decent discount, compared to its pricing history.

But perhaps your plugin is the perfect and superior replacement for that. If so, way cool and thanks so much!

I will likely give it a try soon.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    lukon100 said:

So I was upset that Daz removed the comment field from the wishlist, because I put price histories in those comments so I could decide when a price was as a decent discount, compared to its pricing history.

But perhaps your plugin is the perfect and superior replacement for that. If so, way cool and thanks so much!

We do show price history, even for products that you have not been tracking yourself. Of course, as always, past data is no indication of what prices may or may not come in the future.

• I had to disable the plugin as I had some isses with the current store, and I am really missing it. Especially the feature to list only items on my whishlist is one of the things I miss most. Shopping turned from a not-so-nice experience into a full fledged nightmare with the plugin turned off. surprise

this crying

but with store broken and messing up all my settings on other sites deleting cookies and browsing history 

I thought it best to disable it for now

but doing it didn't fix anything 

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 752
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

We do show price history, even for products that you have not been tracking yourself. Of course, as always, past data is no indication of what prices may or may not come in the future.

I installed it to my FireFox. Looked at my wishlist and saw some features I could figure out. But also some that remain a mystery.

Is there a user instruction manual?

Some of those wishlist functions seem like things I want to do, like make special wishlists and track pricing histories. But I have no idea how to do any of those things.

I had to disable the plugin as I had some isses with the current store, and I am really missing it. Especially the feature to list only items on my whishlist is one of the things I miss most. Shopping turned from a not-so-nice experience into a full fledged nightmare with the plugin turned off. surprise

this crying

but with store broken and messing up all my settings on other sites deleting cookies and browsing history 

I thought it best to disable it for now

but doing it didn't fix anything 

I don't believe the addon breaks any of the site's native functions. The only difference that the store change caused is that some of our functions don't work at the moment (we're working on getting them back), but to the best of my knowledge, it does not affect the functioning of the site itself.

lukon100 said:
    Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

I installed it to my FireFox. Looked at my wishlist and saw some features I could figure out. But also some that remain a mystery.

Is there a user instruction manual?

Some of those wishlist functions seem like things I want to do, like make special wishlists and track pricing histories. But I have no idea how to do any of those things.

The multiple wishlist feature heavily relied on Daz's wishlist comments, so that, too, is being reworked now. Anyone using it in the past can still use it now, but with the native comments gone, you cannot create new labels at the moment.

The more complicated features have a docs: go to the options page (by clicking the addon's icon in the browser's bar), where you can set which option you want. Especially the multiple wishlist feature has a "How does this work?" link that explains everything. However, as I mentioned above, because of the store change, this particular feature is in a state of flux. Existing labels continue to live, but without the comment fields, we need to rework how everything is handled.

• I would imagine everyone working on the add-on is nearly as busy as the DAZ people, behind the scenes. Hope you're (all?) taking care of yourself / yourselves, and getting enough rest ...

I look forward to the day when all the dust has settled, and every thing can get back to "working as intended." wink

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637

What miffs me about the removal of the Comments section in the Wishlist is it also took away my Daz Deals wishlist groups, since they used the comments to work. Now I'm back to having a wishlist that can only do one thing, (and not even that without Daz Deals).

• manekiNekomanekiNeko Posts: 1,395
    lukon100 said:

oh NOOOO. i hadn't realized the lack of comment field on my wishlist... what gives??? another super duper stupid idea of the design team???

not only do i also make notices in this field - but afaik, those commnents are also needed to use different wishlists with the daz deals plugin. so not only they bug their own stuff, but also precious addons made by others. i'm furious right now. again.

lukon100 said:

afaik, those commnents are also needed to use different wishlists with the daz deals plugin.

We have a plan to bring those labels back (and maybe even some sort of commenting system with it?). Please bear with us as we bring everything back to a fully functional state in the addon.

Ati said:
    lukon100 said:

afaik, those commnents are also needed to use different wishlists with the daz deals plugin.

We have a plan to bring those labels back (and maybe even some sort of commenting system with it?). Please bear with us as we bring everything back to a fully functional state in the addon.

oh ati, i do bear with YOU - your team and the addon is not the problem. i'm just sick of this chaotic, inefficient, crappy redesign. they broke all what didn't need fixing, and added a load of bull i have no interest in whatsoever. honestly, if your addon hadn't been there all those months/years, i would have bought even less, because browsing this site is totally annoying...

I would imagine everyone working on the add-on is nearly as busy as the DAZ people, behind the scenes. Hope you're (all?) taking care of yourself / yourselves, and getting enough rest ...

I look forward to the day when all the dust has settled, and every thing can get back to "working as intended." wink

working as WHO intended is the question... :(

Prices have been a lot more stable during the last two days than right after the store change, so I'll risk it.

I have enabled the best price notifications as well. As of this moment, all notifications are back online, fully functional.

Because the store is still being actively worked on, I'll keep my eyes on things—but that's something I normally do anyway. :D

• The Daz Deals checkboxes only show up some of the time, on the main shop page as well as on the special pages such as https://www.daz3d.com/still-new-13681 https://www.daz3d.com/category-sales-items https://www.daz3d.com/byob-9 https://www.daz3d.com/plat-for-a-day https://www.daz3d.com/plenty-of-daz-originals and https://www.daz3d.com/Wednesday-PA-Products-For-Your-Library

If the checkboxes aren't there I might get them back by reloading the page, but sometimes I have to do it a dozen times. And if the checkboxes are there, reloading usually makes them go away. 

Very weird.

The Daz Deals checkboxes only show up some of the time, on the main shop page as well as on the special pages such as https://www.daz3d.com/still-new-13681 https://www.daz3d.com/category-sales-items https://www.daz3d.com/byob-9 https://www.daz3d.com/plat-for-a-day https://www.daz3d.com/plenty-of-daz-originals and https://www.daz3d.com/Wednesday-PA-Products-For-Your-Library

If the checkboxes aren't there I might get them back by reloading the page, but sometimes I have to do it a dozen times. And if the checkboxes are there, reloading usually makes them go away. 

Very weird.

This is a known issue with the new store. A fix is on its way soon.

• ATLPRATLPR Posts: 147

My %off in the right dropdown box disappeared ... how do you get it back?

percent off gone.png
    1903 x 802 - 1M
  • ATLPR said:

Long story short: DAZ is rewriting their webstore UI, to the dismay of most. This is still in progress.

Daz Deals Browser is a third-party database program that reads the Daz3d website and provides better information. This program is broken whenever DAZ changes things around, and it might be a while before it works again.

It's even possible that it will work for you, on a few pages that got skipped (so far) in the update. These are confusing and frustrating times, and we all need a bit more patience with a company that implements a broken piece-wise UI change on rollout with live customers trying to cope.

• wizwiz Posts: 1,100

@Trelligan: the author of the DAZ Deals plugin is active and posting in this thread. He made one just 2 posts above yours: the one with the duck.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited November 2020
    Trelligan said:
    ATLPR said:

Long story short: DAZ is rewriting their webstore UI, to the dismay of most. This is still in progress.

Daz Deals Browser is a third-party database program that reads the Daz3d website and provides better information. This program is broken whenever DAZ changes things around, and it might be a while before it works again.

It's even possible that it will work for you, on a few pages that got skipped (so far) in the update. These are confusing and frustrating times, and we all need a bit more patience with a company that implements a broken piece-wise UI change on rollout with live customers trying to cope.

...yeah, I question the timing during a major sales event. Back in I think it was 2012, they did a similar store upgrade during this particular event and the discounts during the last few days of the sale disappeared even after you put something in your cart.

That said I'm going to wait until everything settles down on Daz's end  before re-installing.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Daz should 100% support the Daz-deals project.

Warning: this extension may make you shop and buy more often than you'd planned. wink

• Daz should 100% support the Daz-deals project.

Warning: this extension may make you shop and buy more often than you'd planned. wink

I could not agree more. IMHO, DAZ is owing @ati a fare share of the extra sales the plugin generates. I have spent a lot more once I had the plugin installed, and spending less nad less since it is no longer working due to this 100% messed-up "store upgrade". 

Daz should 100% support the Daz-deals project.

I could not agree more. IMHO, DAZ is owing @ati a fare share of the extra sales the plugin generates. I have spent a lot more once I had the plugin installed, and spending less nad less since it is no longer working due to this 100% messed-up "store upgrade". 

Let's not leave @Overdrawn out of this, it's not a one-man project. :D

And it's time for our regular disclaimer, I guess. :D We are using Daz's affiliate program, and do get a small commission after sales where you use our affiliate links. To be clear: there are no affiliate links in the addon itself, only in the email notifications. Anyone not wishing to support our work, can simply not click those links, even when receiving the notifications.

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584
    Ati said:

And it's time for our regular disclaimer, I guess. :D We are using Daz's affiliate program, and do get a small commission after sales where you use our affiliate links. To be clear: there are no affiliate links in the addon itself, only in the email notifications. Anyone not wishing to support our work, can simply not click those links, even when receiving the notifications.

Wait, so if I click on a link in one of your e-mails and purchase that product, it financially supports you guys??

I wish I had've read that part sooner (I'm sure it's in there, so fault of mine, not yours). In all of this week, the part of the store that irritates me the most is not being able to filter my items by wishlist only. In ALL the choas, THAT's what bugs me the most. I love your add-on, I think it really takes the store to a much higher level of browsing. If I'd know clicking the e-mail links and purchasing from there supported you guys, I'd have been much more diligent in making sure that's how I purchased those items, rather than what I've been doing, which is see the items in the e-mail, then go on the main site, browse the daily deals, and then just find what it was that I wanted from there and buy it. I apologize, I'll make sure I'm following your links henceforth. You guys deserve compensation for how much of a better shopping experience you've made this store. Thank-you.

• Ati said:

Thanks, friend! :) We're close on the next release. There's a very weird issue with the cart icons we add either not appearing or all being the same. I hope to have that sorted today and ship a release before the weekend.

Hang in there! :)

well said!

me too. without the plugin's awesome functions, browsing here is a chore. so i'd rather skip a sale than browse thru a million mostly antiquated items without being able to cull it to just my wishlist. i repeat myself, but i really expected that if they did a major update/site redesign, they WOULD for sure as the 1st priority have implemented all of the plugin's useful functions.. but no. facepalm, headshake and headdesk don't even begin to describe it.

btw, talking about antiquated stuff... why take away useful features and leave items that must have been created last century for figures nobody even knows about (and those who do have probably already bought all they wanted from that sector), that are neither iray nor even up to today's texturing standards...

• HaruchaiHaruchai Posts: 1,875
    edited November 2020
    Ati said:

I hadn't realised about the affiliate link from your emails. Will definitely be shopping via those at every opportunity from now on.

Post edited by Haruchai on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

I am always logging in through the email links ... whether I intend to buy something or not. That way I know that you get at least a little bit of money for your efforts.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637
    Ati said:

Can you clarify? Do I need to enter the site from your email AND cart a product, or is it enough that I enter the site from your email? Is there a difference? In other words, how do I make sure you guys get paid as much as possible?

xyer0 said:
    Ati said:

Can you clarify? Do I need to enter the site from your email AND cart a product, or is it enough that I enter the site from your email? Is there a difference? In other words, how do I make sure you guys get paid as much as possible?

The easiest way is to get to the site by clicking the links in the notification email you receive from us. Doing so every couple of days ensures that Daz knows you used our affiliate link. You can do this whenever you want--it doesn't have to be specifically before checkout, or before putting the items in the cart.

• Ati said:
    xyer0 said:
    Ati said:

The easiest way is to get to the site by clicking the links in the notification email you receive from us. Doing so every couple of days ensures that Daz knows you used our affiliate link. You can do this whenever you want--it doesn't have to be specifically before checkout, or before putting the items in the cart.

The "New Sales" notification is a great way to start any morning. :) That...and coffee. ;)

This discussion has been closed.