Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• Overdrawn said:

Maybe it is mentioned somewhere, but what is the time to load value for this extension? When I load the store page, I get a warning that the script is causing Firefox to slow down. One can apparently give a script more time by changing the dom.max_script_run_time value which is currently 10.

Hrm... Is that the main shop page? How big is your wishlist? I've not seen it happen before...but it could be getting hung on something.

Yes, it is the main shop page. The wishlist contains 200 items laugh

• Overdrawn said:

Maybe it is mentioned somewhere, but what is the time to load value for this extension? When I load the store page, I get a warning that the script is causing Firefox to slow down. One can apparently give a script more time by changing the dom.max_script_run_time value which is currently 10.

Hrm... Is that the main shop page? How big is your wishlist? I've not seen it happen before...but it could be getting hung on something.

Well... it's not the wishlist then. :) I've got 900+ and using Kiwi browser on Android with no issues. Can you share a screenshot of the extensions options page?

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

okay I'm on FireFox and my DAZ-Deals updated but now it's not working .......and it was before the update  now it's just gone and I miss "Show only Wishlist"

it keeps me in check ...sorta

• Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Well... it's not the wishlist then. :) I've got 900+ and using Kiwi browser on Android with no issues. Can you share a screenshot of the extensions options page?

Here you go

DazDeals.jpg
    1912 x 1035 - 275K
  • Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

Try turning off multiple wishlists. Daz has removed wishlist comments, so until we bring those back via the cex Daz-Deals major release (along with some major speed improvements for that feature) it's a) not as useful as it used to be and b) most likely to be the cause of the slow down. Give that a try and let me know if that helps.

• OverdrawnOverdrawn Posts: 561
    edited November 2020
    carrie58 said:

okay I'm on FireFox and my DAZ-Deals updated but now it's not working .......and it was before the update  now it's just gone and I miss "Show only Wishlist"

How gone? :) Is it still in the browser's interface? Do any other parts of the extension work for you, like the percentage off display in the shopping cart?

Post edited by Overdrawn on
  • Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

Try turning off multiple wishlists. Daz has removed wishlist comments, so until we bring those back via the cex Daz-Deals major release (along with some major speed improvements for that feature) it's a) not as useful as it used to be and b) most likely to be the cause of the slow down. Give that a try and let me know if that helps.

Sorry, nope. I still get that warning.

• Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

k. Try disabling Daz-Deals altogether and check. It may be that there's another extension that's also doing something and things are getting tangled. It's just a process of elimination at this point...

• DoctorJellybeanDoctorJellybean Posts: 7,917
    edited November 2020
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

k. Try disabling Daz-Deals altogether and check. It may be that there's another extension that's also doing something and things are getting tangled. It's just a process of elimination at this point...

Did that, no problem then. I also disabled a couple of other extensions and enabled Daz-Deals again, issue returned.

I'm using Firefox 82.0.2 on Windows 10.

Post edited by DoctorJellybean on
  • arbee999arbee999 Posts: 104
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

Did that, no problem then. I also disabled a couple of other extensions and enabled Daz-Deals again, issue returned.

I get it as well on Firefox 82.0.2 on Windows 7 64 bit. I always thought it was my internet connection - rural line-of-sight provider so not the fastest

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    Overdrawn said:
    carrie58 said:

How gone? :) Is it still in the browser's interface? Do any other parts of the extension work for you, like the percentage off display in the shopping cart?

hmmm did a restart and things are back to normal for me , and yes it was still in the browser ,but none of the features were showing before ,now they are thank you

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637
    Ati said:

Let's not leave @Overdrawn out of this, it's not a one-man project. :D

And it's time for our regular disclaimer, I guess. :D We are using Daz's affiliate program, and do get a small commission after sales where you use our affiliate links. To be clear: there are no affiliate links in the addon itself, only in the email notifications. Anyone not wishing to support our work, can simply not click those links, even when receiving the notifications.

Personally I can't see any work more worthy of being supported than this add-on, without which it is virtually impossible to sanely shop around here, plus your forum support is impeccable. It's also classy for you to add the disclaimer about the commission you receive as so many other programmers would have just hid that as a secret. So, once again, @Ati and @Overdrawn thanks from the bottom of my 3D heart for bringing back these tools so quickly especially the wishlist, show-only-wishlist and filter by %.

• Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

Thanks for trying! I'll get my Firefox fully upgraded and test more. Clearly they've changed something recently that's causing new issues... Sorry about that!

• carrie58 said:
    Overdrawn said:
    carrie58 said:

hmmm did a restart and things are back to normal for me , and yes it was still in the browser ,but none of the features were showing before ,now they are thank you

Glad the restart did the trick!

• DMax said:
    Ati said:

And it's time for our regular disclaimer, I guess. :D We are using Daz's affiliate program, and do get a small commission after sales where you use our affiliate links. To be clear: there are no affiliate links in the addon itself, only in the email notifications. Anyone not wishing to support our work, can simply not click those links, even when receiving the notifications.

Personally I can't see any work more worthy of being supported than this add-on, without which it is virtually impossible to sanely shop around here, plus your forum support is impeccable. It's also classy for you to add the disclaimer about the commission you receive as so many other programmers would have just hid that as a secret. So, once again, @Ati and @Overdrawn thanks from the bottom of my 3D heart for bringing back these tools so quickly especially the wishlist, show-only-wishlist and filter by %.

Thanks for the support! We're happy it's been so helpful!! :) Here's to much more awesome to come. :)

• Ati said:

Daz should 100% support the Daz-deals project.

Warning: this extension may make you shop and buy more often than you'd planned. wink

I could not agree more. IMHO, DAZ is owing @ati a fare share of the extra sales the plugin generates. I have spent a lot more once I had the plugin installed, and spending less nad less since it is no longer working due to this 100% messed-up "store upgrade". 

Ati said:
    xyer0 said:
    Ati said:

Warning: this extension may make you shop and buy more often than you'd planned. wink

I could not agree more. IMHO, DAZ is owing @ati a fare share of the extra sales the plugin generates. I have spent a lot more once I had the plugin installed, and spending less nad less since it is no longer working due to this 100% messed-up "store upgrade". 

Can you clarify? Do I need to enter the site from your email AND cart a product, or is it enough that I enter the site from your email? Is there a difference? In other words, how do I make sure you guys get paid as much as possible?

The easiest way is to get to the site by clicking the links in the notification email you receive from us. Doing so every couple of days ensures that Daz knows you used our affiliate link. You can do this whenever you want--it doesn't have to be specifically before checkout, or before putting the items in the cart.

It looks it updated automatically for me in Chrome and appears to be working correctly. Thanks so much for all the hard work.I definitely think you should get all the support possible and will try to remember to click on the affiliate link

How long does comission period last after clicking on the affiliate link. I was thinking it was a month or more; but I could be wrong

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Sorry - what is the new version. Mine says V2.5.0 - is that right?

Because ticking "Only show owned" does nothing ...

Firefox 82.0.2 64bit

• Kerya said:

Sorry - what is the new version. Mine says V2.5.0 - is that right?

Because ticking "Only show owned" does nothing ...

Firefox 82.0.2 64bit

I've also got 2.5.0, added 11/06/20.

Currently experiencing the same problem, at least on the main storefront. However, if I follow the breadcrumbs to a category level like Clothing and Accessories, the filter seems to kick in and shows just the owned stuff, or what DAZ still acknowledges that I've paid for in any event.

In search results, checking "Only Show Owned" shows everything, owned and otherwise, acting the same as unchecking "Hide Items I Own." But the search function in general is still so screwed up from a functional perspective that I'm really not surprised the extension could have trouble keeping up with whatever is happening in there, and the main pages are more important on the whole.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Thanks for answering! I just wan't sure about the version number.

Let's just wait until the dust is settled.

• Yeah, it'll happen when it happens and the new updates have fixed a lot, even if there are still some bits that may take a little longer. Updating the extension at all during this whole on-the-fly repair of the rollout has got to be like trying to tapdance on top of a house of cards and not have it collapse under you, Overdrawn and Ati probably deserve sainthoods or something. Or at least some affiliate love, I didn't realize that they were part of that program but I'm going to start checking the emails from my computer now, so that I can click through rather than just make mental notes from my phone.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    Ati said:

Ati said:
    xyer0 said:
    Ati said:

Can you clarify? Do I need to enter the site from your email AND cart a product, or is it enough that I enter the site from your email? Is there a difference? In other words, how do I make sure you guys get paid as much as possible?

The easiest way is to get to the site by clicking the links in the notification email you receive from us. Doing so every couple of days ensures that Daz knows you used our affiliate link. You can do this whenever you want--it doesn't have to be specifically before checkout, or before putting the items in the cart.

How long does comission period last after clicking on the affiliate link. I was thinking it was a month or more; but I could be wrong

It's currently 12 days, but this is something that can change.

Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:
    Overdrawn said:

Here you go

Try disabling the "Hide items" feature next to see if that solves it. These two are the most resource-intensive features.

• Ati said:
    Try disabling the "Hide items" feature next to see if that solves it. These two are the most resource-intensive features.

That makes things more responsive, but the warning eventually appears. However, the warning is visible for a much shorter period.

• K. I've found the issue, but it's going to take a bit longer to fix. Thanks for your patience as I get this sorted out!
  • Overdrawn said:
    K. I've found the issue, but it's going to take a bit longer to fix. Thanks for your patience as I get this sorted out!

That's great, thank you. Maybe you could tell us a bit what cause it?

• I am not seeing a selection for choose by % off any longer.

Is it still available?

I am not seeing a selection for choose by % off any longer.

Is it still available?

Are you on the new, 2.5 version? That update is needed after the store change.

• Ati said:

Is it still available?

Thanks. Where do I go to find the update?

Ati said:

Is it still available?

You can find the download locations for the different browsers here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6187376/#Comment_6187376 or in the first post of this thread. Some browsers are still sitting on the update, awaiting approval. The Firefox and Chrome versions are already live.

• Ati said:
    Ati said:

Is it still available?

You can find the download locations for the different browsers here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/6187376/#Comment_6187376 or in the first post of this thread. Some browsers are still sitting on the update, awaiting approval. The Firefox and Chrome versions are already live.

Thanks so much for everything.

This discussion has been closed.