Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• Seems they are using dForce on the prices lately laugh. The store behaves a bit like that. Prices may take ages to finally settle, with a tendency to explode.

• I can't live without this app. I always can narrow sales to show my wishlisted only, I can search for a keyword and filter to show only my own stuff .. actually I prefer to find something I own in the store instead of inside DS. 

This day was so bad for me ... I wanted to find stuff at least 10 times and always had to remind myself .. no, it is not there ... :D 

Guys, you are fantastic!

Oh .. just something ... are there any chance to filter by categories? Because when there are sales, we can filter for figures, artist, genre and software, but can't filter for props for example. Not important, just an idea. Or hide Daz Originals .... never mind :) Love this add-on!

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

Oh .. just something ... are there any chance to filter by categories? Because when there are sales, we can filter for figures, artist, genre and software, but can't filter for props for example. Not important, just an idea. Or hide Daz Originals .... never mind :) Love this add-on!

Daz recently introduced the categories. I'm not sure what they do because I personally need to hide them to be able to use the site at all, but if they don't do anything yet, let's hope they will at some point.

• DMaxDMax Posts: 637

Without "Show Only Waitlisted", it is impossible for me to shop here because I won't be going through 12 pages of (eg.) PFAD to find what I want.

DMax said:

Without "Show Only Waitlisted", it is impossible for me to shop here because I won't be going through 12 pages of (eg.) PFAD to find what I want.

It's going to come back. It's only a minor change, but we're waiting to see what else needs to be done--the store is still not in its final state yet.

Ati said:

It's going to come back. It's only a minor change, but we're waiting to see what else needs to be done--the store is still not in its final state yet.

I swear that the functionality returned for a few brief moments earlier today and then disappeared. My emotions have been taken on a roller coaster all day hahaha but thank you so much dear ATI for your selfless work, I understand that none of this is your fault at all.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,628
    edited November 2020

Is the "only show PC+ items" checkbox part of the add-on? Cause, if I click it, all the items in the store seems to be filtered out. Which is strange.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,339
    Overdrawn said:
    daveso said:

thanks..this is the best DAZ store feature going. Hopefully it can be continued without too much hair pulling from you. 
    Thanks for all your work on this app. 

Which specific feature is your favorite? :)

i like that it shows products I have already purchased ... especially in bundles without having to open each one. 
    Also sort by % off

• Thanks for continuing to work on this addon :)

I know it's going to take until the store's in proper working order to get a proper update to this so waiting patiently :)

Is the "only show PC+ items" checkbox part of the add-on? Cause, if I click it, all the items in the store seems to be filtered out. Which is strange.

No, it's not. It's part of the native Daz store.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

My favorite features:

Store: Show wishlist only

Wishlist: sort by % off

Product pages: links to Readmes and forum threads

And I am very, very thankful to you both!

• FreyjaFreyja Posts: 13
    Kerya said:

My favorite features:

Store: Show wishlist only

Wishlist: sort by % off

Product pages: links to Readmes and forum threads

And also the gallery links! So very useful. Good luck in getting things working with the new store, one way or another. :-)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

When the upgrade breaking much of the DAZ Store's filtering I've come to appreciate DAZ Deals plugin even more that it's not working. I've disabled it since until the DAZ Store works again so as not to confuse where the problem is. You DAZ Deal author's probably know more about the structure of the DAZ 3D Store's database more than anyone else excepting the original designers of that database themselves. Thanks for your good work.

• edited November 2020

Yes, for me, and I'm not sure which are Daz Native, and which are Daz-deals: 
    Show Wishlist only,
    Sort by %, 
    Links to Readmes 
    Show only owned, 

Prices over a long time, of course.

Add to wishlist from thumbnail

I didn't use the sort by add-on/base very much, because it didn't seem to work very well for me, due to so many of daz's items not being classified correctly. (Just like selecting N/A in the dropdown would get you ALL kinds of things! They should have select by: architecture, lights, animals, and not just characters, but, hey! that's them!)

I do so appreciate the add-on, and the work you all do.

Post edited by Tiffanie Gray - IDLM on
  • MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,070
    edited November 2020

For me the best features (the ones I use all the time) are, in order of importance to me:

• Sort by % off
    • Show wishlist only
    • Show already owned
    • Show already-owned bundle parts (greying out on the product page for the bundle)
    • Add to wishlist from store list pages
    • Link to ReadMes
    • Price history
    Post edited by MelanieL on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,670

I popped in to say how much I missed all the features I depend on, and see others listing their needs. So I am going to cut and paste from their lists.

• Show wishlist only
    • Show already owned
    • Show already-owned bundle parts (greying out on the product page for the bundle)
    • Add to wishlist from store list pages
    • Link to ReadMes
    • Price history
    • Product pages: links to Readmes and forum threads (and add gallery images when they return.)
    • Before the change, I looked at my amount spent and was a bit shocked at the total cost, the current cost, and the actual cost (sales prices I paid for I assume). I would like to see that back.

The biggest issue I ran into today, was my reliance on 'show wishlist only' when faced with 58 pages of items to choose 10 products from for 90% off. I didn't waste my time, I just grabbed the first item I found I had a slim interest in and got it for free. Before the change, I would have used the 'show' function and seen what I had wanted already. Without being able to fine down even PAs, searching is a nightmare.

But Ati and Overdrawn, you both have my deepest respect and wishes for your sanity.

Mary

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742

Sigh... you never know how important something is to you until you're without it.  Having no "sort by %" and "only show owned" is like fingernails on chalkboard...

• Kaleb242Kaleb242 Posts: 344

This tool has been invaluable — when your library of purchased items has grown over 20 years, and wishlist spans multiple pages... it gets to a point where you can't make purchases without tools like this.

Hopefully the store issues get resolved soon...

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 737

Oh yes, "only show wishlist".  Of course it normally shows nothing; I think it even would have in todays 90%-off-ten-of-5000-items sale, but that's very useful.

@Ati said:

I have to agree; at least for me the Daz Artist/Genre/Figure/Software drop-downs aren't working yet (they just say "loading..."). so some, maybe a lot, of work still needs to be done.

Is this a good time for requests? :-)  I'm probably hoping for the impossible here; I don't know how DazDeals actually works, nevertheless:

• A "do not show" option based on the Daz categories.  For example "do not show poses".  This might have to hide content that had poses and something else, which is not ideal, but I could live with that.
    • A "show" option based on categories; the opposite of the above yet maybe more difficult to implement.  Sometimes I just want to see wearables.
    • Favorites, or maybe I'm saying "more sophisticated wishlists".  I'm assuming the "multiple wishlist" thing has gone because comments have gone, but I never got round to using the multiple wishlist option so I don't know.  I think I want to bookmark products, both ones I own and ones I might want to investigate, I guess I could use Chrome bookmarks for that but then I couldn't combine the result with searches.

All that said, Daz-Deals is still the single best thing about Daz.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

wow, you really don't realise how much you miss something till it's gone. LOL. It's maddening shopping the store without this invaluable add on. (well, it's maddening anyway at the moment, but even MORE maddening...) 

I did notice the "show wishlist only" check box turns up on some pages and not others tho. It's there on the main shopping page, but it's not there in the category sales pages, for instance. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017
    jakiblue said:

wow, you really don't realise how much you miss something till it's gone. LOL.

Isn't that a song? But it is so true.

edited November 2020

It's strange to say this but the ATI add-on is the best part of shopping at DAZ because it (esp wishlist and show only wishlist) makes it possible in a sane way. heartheartheart

Show Only Wishlist currently still works for me every now and then... for example i just used it for PFAD BYOB but when I tried to make a second bundle after the first purchase, that option is no longer available :) but thankful that it worked the first time around for me to be able to complete a first bundle

Post edited by DMax on
    edited November 2020

(dup)

Post edited by DMax on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,637

Echoing all the praise. I remember six years ago when I started Daz in earnest, and I would wade through 20+ pages of V4/M4 products during the 80% off sales. This became a regular thing for me, but I don't have to do any of that now because I have Daz-Deals. Nowadays I try to get in and out of the store as quickly as possible.

• Appologies for the necro, but thought it worth mentioning the extension no longer works completely since the store updates. I can still filter results for my coupons which is real handy but can't sort by % off.

Appologies for the necro, but thought it worth mentioning the extension no longer works completely since the store updates. I can still filter results for my coupons which is real handy but can't sort by % off.

It's not a necro, we've been talking about this for the past few days in this thread. We have a working fix for the new store. We're ironing it out, waiting a bit to see if there are any breaking changes, and if not, we will push out an update.

• I had to disable the plugin as I had some isses with the current store, and I am really missing it. Especially the feature to list only items on my whishlist is one of the things I miss most. Shopping turned from a not-so-nice experience into a full fledged nightmare with the plugin turned off. surprise

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,724

I'm sure others have mentioned this ... but the browser addon isn't showing me what I've already purchased even if I uncheck the box to hide owned items. I also like the % filter and don't see that anymore.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017

The link https://www.daz3d.comthe-2020-pc-plus-sale/?cjref=1&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=affiliate&cjevent=4733854f1f3d11eb833c01cd0a240611 in todays New Daz Promo email does not work. I believe it should have a / between ".com" and "the".

• I seriously like and miss the 'sort by % off' function; may it return soon. But seeing what I already own in a bundle is worth everthing.

I seriously hope Daz gets their $#'7 together soon. I wonder if they know how much your addon makes them? MANY things I wouldn't have bought without the 'Wishlist Only' to cut down the searching time.

This discussion has been closed.