Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,017

I didn't get a "New Daz Promo" message today. I normally get them reliably.

• barbult said:

I've just this min received it

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    barbult said:

You're right. Being sent out right now. Today's image is in a new directory, not in its usual place. For security reasons, we stick to well-known directories, and not send out anything that appears on the site.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723

"Only Show Owned" works once on a store page. Clicking it again still unchecks it, rechecks "Hide Items I Own" but no items are displayed. Tried again, even manually checked "Hide Items I Own" but I have to reopen a store page to get things back to normal.

Chrome on Win10, latest 2.5.0 plugin.

Thank you for all you do!

• Overdrawn said:
    K. I've found the issue, but it's going to take a bit longer to fix. Thanks for your patience as I get this sorted out!

That's great, thank you. Maybe you could tell us a bit what cause it?

An ever growing product list and older code not yet optimized for that growth (and the related growth of the filter lists, etc.). Should have it fixed today and queued in the add-on stores soon after.

Ati said:
    barbult said:

You're right. Being sent out right now. Today's image is in a new directory, not in its usual place. For security reasons, we stick to well-known directories, and not send out anything that appears on the site.

Is that new directory related to the router warnings I'm getting about f002.backblaze2.com blocked because of "adult content" when I open the Daz Store?

barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:

Is that new directory related to the router warnings I'm getting about f002.backblaze2.com blocked because of "adult content" when I open the Daz Store?

Yes and no. This particular new folder is under the daz3d.com domain (it's this banner: https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/media/sale-promo/2020/1109/1109-slider2.jpg ), but there is an active banner on the shop page from the domain that you mentioned ( https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/dazcdn/media/sliders/2020/10/2020-10-13.jpg ).

dawnblade said:

"Only Show Owned" works once on a store page. Clicking it again still unchecks it, rechecks "Hide Items I Own" but no items are displayed. Tried again, even manually checked "Hide Items I Own" but I have to reopen a store page to get things back to normal.

Is this only happening on a particular page? I tried it on the main page, and a subcategory, but clicking the "only show owned" button kept changing the owned and unowned items for me, as intended. Also Chrome here, but win 8.1.

Ati said:
    dawnblade said:

Is this only happening on a particular page? I tried it on the main page, and a subcategory, but clicking the "only show owned" button kept changing the owned and unowned items for me, as intended. Also Chrome here, but win 8.1.

Any sales page like Platinum Club for a Day etc.

Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:

Yes and no. This particular new folder is under the daz3d.com domain (it's this banner: https://cdn.daz3d.com/file/dazcdn/media/sale-promo/2020/1109/1109-slider2.jpg ), but there is an active banner on the shop page from the domain that you mentioned ( https://f002.backblazeb2.com/file/dazcdn/media/sliders/2020/10/2020-10-13.jpg ).

I'm guessing it is the bridges banner then, because I get a broken image link icon on the store page, because the image is blocked. Do you think it is an error that they are linking directly to backblaze, or do you think it is an intentional part of the store change?

Banner blocked image.jpg
    1247 x 360 - 126K
    Ati said:
    dawnblade said:

I have the same OS, plugin version and browser and I have the same resultes as dawnblade.

barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:

I'm guessing it is the bridges banner then, because I get a broken image link icon on the store page, because the image is blocked. Do you think it is an error that they are linking directly to backblaze, or do you think it is an intentional part of the store change?

Yes, it's the bridges banner. I have no idea what the reason is. That domain was used even before the store change. There were big, left-side banners from that domain, too, although not anymore. I've seen it mentioned on the forums that many firewalls block that domain, but I don't know if this info has been forwarded to Daz by the mods.

dawnblade said:
    Ati said:
    dawnblade said:

Any sales page like Platinum Club for a Day etc.

barbult said:
    Ati said:
    dawnblade said:

I have the same OS, plugin version and browser and I have the same resultes as dawnblade.

Interesting. I can't reproduce it on my Win 8.1. Is it working multiple times per page for anyone? If so, what browser/OS?

• Works ok for me Chrome and I'm running Linux Mint. I don't allow Windows to get online for anything other than updates

I just tried Firefox on Windows 10 with updated plugin 2.5 on page https://www.daz3d.com/plat-for-a-day. Interestingly, as soon as the plugin's extra checkboxes appear on the screen, the total number of items on the page goes from 53 to 2 and the number I supposedly don't own goes from 49 to 1. This is without even changing any checkboxes. It happens as soon as the extra plugin checkboxes are displayed.

barbult said:

I just tried Firefox on Windows 10 with updated plugin 2.5 on page https://www.daz3d.com/plat-for-a-day. Interestingly, as soon as the plugin's extra checkboxes appear on the screen, the total number of items on the page goes from 53 to 2 and the number I supposedly don't own goes from 49 to 1. This is without even changing any checkboxes. It happens as soon as the extra plugin checkboxes are displayed.

It's most likely hiding some of the items. Uncheck "hide items" on the options page, and it should keep displaying them all.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    edited November 2020

I now today upgraded to DAZ-Deals 2.4.7 in Microsoft Edge (chromium engine) on Windows 10 but still have no Sort by % and the Sync Wishlist button is gone.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I now today upgraded to DAZ-Deals 2.,4.7 in Microsoft Edge (chromium engine) on Windows 10 but still have no Sort by % and the Sunc Wishlist button is gone.

You need the new, 2.5 version for that feature to work again in the new store. The Edge store still only has the older version. You need to wait until they approve the new version, unfortunately.

Ati said:
    barbult said:

It's most likely hiding some of the items. Uncheck "hide items" on the options page, and it should keep displaying them all.

Unchecking Hide Items resolved the issue of 53 items going to 2, but there should be dozens of items (not 2) that are not in the categories I had hidden, so Hide Items must not be working right.

With Hide Items unchecked, Firefox now behaves like Chrome, with the problem reported by dawnblade.

edited November 2020
    barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:

Unchecking Hide Items resolved the issue of 53 items going to 2, but there should be dozens of items (not 2) that are not in the categories I had hidden, so Hide Items must not be working right.

With Hide Items unchecked, Firefox now behaves like Chrome, with the problem reported by dawnblade.

And here are my "Hide Items" settings. I could check "This is my main browser" as I only use one PC, and devices, but I left it as is.

And when I look at Hidden Items, there are none.

HideItemsDazDeals.jpg
    510 x 305 - 15K
    Post edited by dawnblade on
    barbult said:
    Ati said:
    barbult said:

The categorization depends on what data we get initially from the Daz store. If items are not correctly categorized (I'm talking about what software it is for, not the actual categories) when they appear in the store, then it might be quite a while before new data is downloaded. We have to keep in mind that we don't want to overwhelm the Daz servers with constant product checks. We'll see if the new store will have correct data for all products at launch, once everything settles.

• This is quite possibly the same issue that we're seeing in Firefox (which I'm fixing). However, Chrome probably just gives up rather than show you the option to wait...sadly. I still hope to get this shipped to y'all soon. Stay tuned!

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563

I wanted to ask, if I uncheck "Hide Items" on the options page, is the list of hidden products saved when I check the box again?

I wanted to ask, if I uncheck "Hide Items" on the options page, is the list of hidden products saved when I check the box again?

Yes, it is. (In the same browser.)

Overdrawn said:

This is quite possibly the same issue that we're seeing in Firefox (which I'm fixing). However, Chrome probably just gives up rather than show you the option to wait...sadly. I still hope to get this shipped to y'all soon. Stay tuned!

That's even better. Well, in a sense. :D I wouldn't want to go through 51 items to see what issues they have. I know some items (in general) have the wrong software-category. The ones I notice, I fix, but there are many products that don't fit my genre, and thus I'm not even looking at them much.

I will happily wait while you wait for things to settle. I appreciate your efforts.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

So it'll be a few weeks until the gallery will be funcitonal again.  I hope that won't require rescanning everything.  The gallery links are helpful in making purchasing decisions.

Sevrin said:

So it'll be a few weeks until the gallery will be funcitonal again.  I hope that won't require rescanning everything.  The gallery links are helpful in making purchasing decisions.

I hope so, too. Although it wouldn't be the end of the world, if we had to rescan everything, as long as the links to the used products remains displayed.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Ati said:

I now today upgraded to DAZ-Deals 2.,4.7 in Microsoft Edge (chromium engine) on Windows 10 but still have no Sort by % and the Sunc Wishlist button is gone.

You need the new, 2.5 version for that feature to work again in the new store. The Edge store still only has the older version. You need to wait until they approve the new version, unfortunately.

thanks!

It looks like there's a bad link for the MEGA 50% OFF sale in the New DAZ promo email I just got. 

bad link.jpg
    470 x 361 - 20K
This discussion has been closed.