SereneNight's Sci-fi Fun

Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
edited May 2014 in Art Studio

Here I'll try to post my sci-fi art from time to time. Here's my latest Sarge pic. As you can see, I do like to make poor Sarge's life hard. Even though Sarge is pretty tough guy, this new Gianni guy is ginormous.

Post edited by Serene Night on

Comments

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Pretty damn awesome. While I am a bit confused by the significance of Unsightly Birthmark Boy it is a great render. The water splashes and drips really sell it.

Unsightly Birthmark Boy - Shunned by his peers at school, not because of his badly marked legs but because he smelt of fish, he saught refuge roaming the seas on a Malibu Long Board. Befriended by a pod of Dolphins, the Dolphins (being incredibly intelligent animals) built him a giant metal octopus with which he could extract his revenge on society.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,553
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    he saught refuge roaming the seas on a Malibu Long Board. Befriended by a pod of Dolphins, the Dolphins (being incredibly intelligent animals) built him a giant metal octopus with which he could extract his revenge on society.

LOL. you are too funny! I like it. I wanted to give the bad guy some sort of difference and the bio-blaster legs worked nicely. I don't really like the bio-blaster top half so left it off. =-)

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited December 1969

John Sims said:
    he saught refuge roaming the seas on a Malibu Long Board. Befriended by a pod of Dolphins, the Dolphins (being incredibly intelligent animals) built him a giant metal octopus with which he could extract his revenge on society.

LOL. you are too funny! I like it. I wanted to give the bad guy some sort of difference and the bio-blaster legs worked nicely. I don't really like the bio-blaster top half so left it off. =-)

Why cover up a perfectly good chest? ;-)

edited December 1969

Okay, this was fun. An old M3/v4 pose redone using M6/v6.

1.jpg
    1000 x 1166 - 324K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Good to see Sarge getting his own thread- well, he'll have to share it with some other fantastic characters. Happy to see you putting your sci-fi talents to good use and in one place. :)

• Tarina KiviTarina Kivi Posts: 488
    edited March 2017

Post edited by Tarina Kivi on
    edited December 1969

@Novica. Thanks. I will likely be slow to post stuff... Sarge does need a thread even if he has to share!

@ Tarina: Thank ye. I like that first one. Terribly tough to do splashes from above. Didn't think about it when I chose that angle, but a lot of the brushes are desinged for a more horizontal image.

edited December 1969

Here we go, a combat Scene. I rather like sarge with batons.

new6.jpg
    1298 x 1010 - 333K
    edited March 2017

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

In protective hands :) ... Nice mix, the expressions very nice, great composition, the camera angle here in combo with their poses really works well, draws your eyes to their faces. And your most recent one has a neat GI Joe feel to it.

Nice work :D

edited December 1969

Spyro said:

In protective hands :) ... Nice mix, the expressions very nice, great composition, the camera angle here in combo with their poses really works well, draws your eyes to their faces. And your most recent one has a neat GI Joe feel to it.

Nice work :D

Thanks Spyro! It was quite challenging to convert a m3/V4 pose to Gen 2 and preserve the same look and feel.

I see what you mean about the GI Joe. Heh. Never thought of Sarge's adventures that way before. =-) Hah.

edited December 1969

Classic Banded Cyber arms! Yeah.

Newest2.jpg
    994 x 1136 - 214K
  • SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I saw those Cybernetic arms in new releases and thought of you instantly lol A fellow archer aye? Awesome! He looks very kind spirited, definitely a hero :)

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I saw those Cybernetic arms in new releases and thought of you instantly lol A fellow archer aye? Awesome! He looks very kind spirited, definitely a hero :)

Yes! the cybernetic arms were tailor made for me! The only thing better would be if there was some other appendages and circuitry. Yes, he is a very nice guy! I like nice-guy characters. =-)

edited May 2014

This was fun. I confess I like characters with spots, and different alien skins. There aren't nearly enough in my opinion.

I used surface interjection to create a second layer to compose with the first in photoshop. I think it gives her a more vibrant texture.

spots3.jpg
    933 x 1200 - 351K
    spots.jpg
    933 x 1200 - 350K
    edited March 2017

edited December 1969

Yes, the PA did a nice job on that skin. When I saw it available I knew I had to have it even if it was poser only.=-) I wish the spots were on both sides of her body, but I guess not.

Would love a male and female spotted character like this.

edited December 1969

This was fun. I confess I like characters with spots, and different alien skins. There aren't nearly enough in my opinion.

She looks good- and the hair being auburn keeps the brown/rust color theme going. Your lighting on that really gives it a nice glimmer.

edited December 1969

I took a page off of TJOHN's review and used reinterject for gen 2 females to create a second image of the lady with spots. By combining them in Photoshop, I was able to give her skin a more vibrant shade, than what came normally with her poser mats.

edited March 2017

edited June 2014

Mr. puggles is an old model but a goodie. I love his smiling face. =-) I am a small dog fan, so here is 'quality time wtih Mr. Puggles."

new-brighter2.jpg
    1136 x 852 - 280K
    edited December 1969

How absolutely adorable!!!!

• John SimsJohn Sims Posts: 360
    edited December 1969

Great image. I'm loving this thread generally. Keep up the good work.

edited December 1969

@Thanks John and Novica! =-)

edited March 2017

edited December 1969

@Tarina:

Yes. Godrays are done post work. That is really the only way I've been able to get them done and it is rather simple.. I've seen art by an artist I liked recently who always illustrates a very visible light source. This is the effect I wanted to achieve here with the flecks of dust you see coming from the lights in the ceiling.

edited March 2017

edited June 2014

I've tried the AoA's Ez cam.. Too fiddly and difficult for me. I'm not overly patient with products that are difficult to use. I like things easy. =-) While the image did use an AOA spot on the light to ramp up intensity, the rest was done easily using brushes by Ron/Deviney or by hand. I actually really enjoy fiddling as Novica does say with photoshop.

I do like the fog and other effects from that system and use those sometimes to provide layer/fog to a scene.

edited December 1969

Okay, here is my current one, just testing out some new content.

final-girl5.jpg
    852 x 994 - 300K
    edited June 2014

okay, I'm done with this. It is just one of those pieces that never came together for me. I do like the lights on the bot, but I went a little hog wild with the water. =-)

Edited to add: I observed the rule of thirds in this one using the handy new guide added to the software. =-)

bigger02.jpg
    1400 x 1050 - 357K
This discussion has been closed.