Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078

gstatic.com was. I'm guessing that's where the actual graph itself is served from

It's a standard google graph. It's not an image for both security and bandwidth reasons.

I'm glad it's all working now.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Stupid question: the last "New DAZ promo" mail I got was from the 8. September ... should I hit the stop receiving these mails and then subscribe again here: http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ ???

Or just rescubsribe???

Or???

Please? I am using it to log in each day so you get a percentage if/when I am buying something.

Kerya said:

Stupid question: the last "New DAZ promo" mail I got was from the 8. September ... should I hit the stop receiving these mails and then subscribe again here: http://www.civilizationhunt.com/ds/ ???

Or just rescubsribe???

Or???

Please? I am using it to log in each day so you get a percentage if/when I am buying something.

Yesterday's huge sale did knock it out a bit, let me check.

Ati said:
    Kerya said:

Or just rescubsribe???

Or???

Oh, yeah. Yesterday's sale knocked it out, and there is no new banner today, so it should all be good. New notification should go out when the banners change.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Ati said:
    Ati said:
    Kerya said:

Or just rescubsribe???

Or???

Oh, yeah. Yesterday's sale knocked it out, and there is no new banner today, so it should all be good. New notification should go out when the banners change.

Thank you!

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366

Question that's probably been answered somewhere in these previous 90 pages, but I'm new to the wishlist categories functionality and haven't kept up with this thread.

I'm finding it takes a long time (like several minutes) for my wishlist to load now that I'm using categorization.

Are there any tips on how to use this functionality so as not to slow things down so much?

My wishlist has about 525 items in it, and I've created about 132 categories. Things seemed to slow down even when I began with just 3 or 4 categories though.

I can live with the longer load time to get the categorization, just wondering if there's something simple I can do on my end to speed things up.

Thanks for this add on, it's wonderful.

Gr00vus said:

Question that's probably been answered somewhere in these previous 90 pages, but I'm new to the wishlist categories functionality and haven't kept up with this thread.

I'm finding it takes a long time (like several minutes) for my wishlist to load now that I'm using categorization.

Are there any tips on how to use this functionality so as not to slow things down so much?

My wishlist has about 525 items in it, and I've created about 132 categories. Things seemed to slow down even when I began with just 3 or 4 categories though.

I can live with the longer load time to get the categorization, just wondering if there's something simple I can do on my end to speed things up.

If you're not using Chrome, I suggest you give that a try. That's a lot faster than Firefox. Other than this, we are currently working on an optimized version of this particular feature, so that's coming at some point.

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301

Just a note: I've mostly switched to MS Edge, because it'sless of a memory and CPU hog than Chrome, and it now supports Chrome extensions.  The extension mostly works okay, but I don't get the Required Items and Addons options.  I'm not entirely sure what they are supposed to do, and I didn't use them when they were there in Chrome, but thought I should mention it.

• Gr00vusGr00vus Posts: 366
    Ati said:
    Gr00vus said:

If you're not using Chrome, I suggest you give that a try. That's a lot faster than Firefox. Other than this, we are currently working on an optimized version of this particular feature, so that's coming at some point.

I am using Chrome, forgot to include that info in the previous post. Thanks again for this plugin.

Sevrin said:

Just a note: I've mostly switched to MS Edge, because it'sless of a memory and CPU hog than Chrome, and it now supports Chrome extensions.  The extension mostly works okay, but I don't get the Required Items and Addons options.  I'm not entirely sure what they are supposed to do, and I didn't use them when they were there in Chrome, but thought I should mention it.

Are you signed up to wishlist notifications? That feature needs it because we calculate the required and addon items on our server, and thus we need to know about what you already have.

Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

Are you signed up to wishlist notifications? That feature needs it because we calculate the required and addon items on our server, and thus we need to know about what you already have.

I know I signed up on Chrome, and I get emails about notifications, but I'm not sure whether I did that when I installed the extension on Edge.

Sevrin said:
    Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

I know I signed up on Chrome, and I get emails about notifications, but I'm not sure whether I did that when I installed the extension on Edge.

Make sure you have the same data (email and passcode) entered in Edge. The list of addons and requirements is sent individually, and is different for everyone (based on what items they have).

Ati said:
    Sevrin said:
    Ati said:
    Sevrin said:

Make sure you have the same data (email and passcode) entered in Edge. The list of addons and requirements is sent individually, and is different for everyone (based on what items they have).

Thanks.  Copied the passcode from Chrome and now the required and add-ons options are showing up. yes

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,556

Nothing is found by the Addon filter. How does it work ?

Noah LGP said:

You need to sync your items, and if this is your first time using this feature, wait a little (a couple of hours), for our servers to create the two lists for you.

edited September 2020

"My Wishlist" page freezes (Calculating process) when "Multiple wishlist" and "Add wishlist buttons to category pages" both are checked and "Wishlist & other notifications" is unchecked.

I used *Wishlist as comment.

Post edited by Noah LGP on
    edited September 2020
    Ati said:
    Noah LGP said:

You need to sync your items, and if this is your first time using this feature, wait a little (a couple of hours), for our servers to create the two lists for you.

Okay it works but ... 3888 addons (2928 figures)

It would be nice if you could exclude the addons for the base products like Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs and Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs

If it's not possible, I can still filter the categories.

Noah LGP said:
    Ati said:
    Noah LGP said:

It would be nice if you could exclude the addons for the base products like Genesis 8 Male Body Morphs and Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs

At this point, that's not possible because there are many definitions of base products.

edited September 2020
    Ati said:
    Noah LGP said:
    Ati said:
    Noah LGP said:

At this point, that's not possible because there are many definitions of base products.

Products with more 20 addons for example. But that's already amazing to find all these addons, thank you very much !

• The "Related items" category doesn't seem to have a "view all together" button today or yesterday's sales. Is it me? Or is it Daz? You can't work the data with it just in a line. 

The "Related items" category doesn't seem to have a "view all together" button today or yesterday's sales. Is it me? Or is it Daz? You can't work the data with it just in a line. 

It's just a scrolling carousel. All the items are right there on the page.

• Just leaving a thank you Overdrawn for this awesome extention!

• is there a way to find an order number for an item i ordered a while back? if i look on my product library i can find the item but not when i ordered it

beowolf said:

is there a way to find an order number for an item i ordered a while back? if i look on my product library i can find the item but not when i ordered it

This information used to be available on the product page in your library, but it was removed because someone at Daz has been making bad interesting decisions. You should have a look at this thread.  

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/431921/not-a-fan-of-the-new-product-library-layout#latest

FWIW, I save all my order confirmation emails, so I can always find the order information there, even if Daz doesn't want to make it easy to find.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,131
    edited September 2020
    beowolf said:

is there a way to find an order number for an item i ordered a while back? if i look on my product library i can find the item but not when i ordered it

There is a way if you install using DIM - look in the Manifest file for that product and there will be a line like this:

<UserOrderId VALUE="33nnnnnn"/>

This is the order number - plug it into this url and there you are: https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/view/order_id/33nnnnnn/

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • MelanieL said:
    beowolf said:

There is a way if you install using DIM - look in the Manifest file for that product and there will be a line like this:

<UserOrderId VALUE="33nnnnnn"/>

This is the order number - plug it into this url and there you are: https://www.daz3d.com/sales/order/view/order_id/33nnnnnn/

unfortunately this is one of the products that is a download file so doesn't use DIM

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,260
    edited September 2020

Depending on how many orders you have you could look under recent orders view all and it will list all of your orders and let you view them however it could be very time consuming 

Post edited by Robert Freise on

Guys, let's keep this thread on-topic for the addon, please. Thank you.

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315

Well, the "show only wishlisted" choice doesn't appear. Used to be, I could refresh the page and it would eventually show up, but that no longer does anything. Other things, like "Hide What's new", price history, gallery entries still work.
    Sometimes I'd have to close all other open DAZ windows first, but not even that helps.
    Using latest Firefox.

Petercat said:

Well, the "show only wishlisted" choice doesn't appear. Used to be, I could refresh the page and it would eventually show up, but that no longer does anything. Other things, like "Hide What's new", price history, gallery entries still work.
    Sometimes I'd have to close all other open DAZ windows first, but not even that helps.
    Using latest Firefox.

Toggle the "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter" option (turn off, then turn back on again) to make sure the browser sees it correctly.

This discussion has been closed.