Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    Loony said:

Now it works again, maybe Hotmail fixed it.

Glad to hear it!

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,801

me too :D without images is it harder to get triggered if I should grab it :P Fastgrabbing without images doesnt work ;)

• XelloszXellosz Posts: 742

Hi,

This the GYM Brat outfit???   Something is fishy in the Top21 most discounted DAZ items. I can't find this reference image nor in the base product nor in the add on.

dForce Gym Brat Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

dForce Gym Brat Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)
    Normal price: $22.95
    70% OFF: $6.89

Daz has one single image for each product in its API, and sometimes (rarely) those images are not the same ones displayed in the store.

Ati said:

Daz has one single image for each product in its API, and sometimes (rarely) those images are not the same ones displayed in the store.

yeah I saw that too (and we talked about it via PM), also it confuses that they even use REAL Images O_O (I would say thats real).

but its weird, that you doesnt see that image ANYWHERE only in the emails...

• evacynevacyn Posts: 958
    Loony said:
    Ati said:

yeah I saw that too (and we talked about it via PM), also it confuses that they even use REAL Images O_O (I would say thats real).

I did a Google reverse image search on it, and it's an actual outfit on the clothing site isawitfirst.com called the 'Black Balloon Crop Hoodie'. Weird.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261
    evacyn said:
    Loony said:
    Ati said:

I did a Google reverse image search on it, and it's an actual outfit on the clothing site isawitfirst.com called the 'Black Balloon Crop Hoodie'. Weird.

Explains why that image wouldn't be on the product page

evacyn said:
    Loony said:
    Ati said:

But the question is, why does the Email System use such Images O_o? And... does that mean the PA have the ability to upload "hidden images" when they release a product? I sadly have no idea how the "upload" page for a Creator looks :(

Loony said:
    evacyn said:
    Loony said:
    Ati said:

But the question is, why does the Email System use such Images O_o?

Because Daz has one single image for each product in its API, and sometimes (rarely) those images are not the same ones displayed in the store. 

Ati said:
    Loony said:
    evacyn said:
    Loony said:
    Ati said:

But the question is, why does the Email System use such Images O_o?

Because Daz has one single image for each product in its API, and sometimes (rarely) those images are not the same ones displayed in the store. 

No thats not the WHY ;) the question is, does that maybe happen from some AI/BOT, or does the Product creator makes that image or maybe the daz staff.

• Is there any way to transfer your settings and managed items to a new computer?

Is there any way to transfer your settings and managed items to a new computer?

Is it saved into a Cache? :o

• Loony said:

I was hoping so because I figure I could copy that over to the new computer -- but I'd have no idea where to look to find it.

Loony said:

I was hoping so because I figure I could copy that over to the new computer -- but I'd have no idea where to look to find it.

you hope it? but cache would be bad :D better when its saved to your email or something :/

• Loony said:
    Loony said:

you hope it? but cache would be bad :D better when its saved to your email or something :/

Your knowledge of computers exceeds my own -- I hope for whatever lets me copy it. Whether that's cache, email, or leprechauns, I have no personal preference, lol.

edited August 2020
    Loony said:
    Loony said:

Your knowledge of computers exceeds my own -- I hope for whatever lets me copy it. Whether that's cache, email, or leprechauns, I have no personal preference, lol.

A Cache is just a Memory, like... if you go to sleep and wake up it can all be gone, if you forget it. Maybe you can go to your %appdata% and grab the cache, but thats then the job of you, there can Ati nothing do^^...

https://support.mozilla.org/de/questions/982636

Take a look at this, maybe it helps you, if you use Firefox, I dont know which browser you use :)

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/ <- but gets no longer supported. (last update 8years ago^^....)

Post edited by Loony on
    edited August 2020

What items are you looking to transfer over exactly? Wishlist labels are stored in the Daz store, so you can just re-add the labels with the button at the bottom of the page, and you're good to go there. Wishlist, etc is handled by Daz, you only need to enter the email address and the passcode for the sync to be working again. The only two things that are local, as far as I remember, are the hidden items and the gallery notification settings. Those won't be there on the new computer.

Post edited by Ati on

Maybe its possible to locate the hidden list "savefile" in the folders, do you know where the script saves it? So he/she can just backup this :)

• Elemental FlameElemental Flame Posts: 69
    edited August 2020
    Ati said:

What items are you looking to transfer over exactly? Wishlist labels are stored in the Daz store, so you can just re-add the labels with the button at the bottom of the page, and you're good to go there. Wishlist, etc is handled by Daz, you only need to enter the email address and the passcode for the sync to be working again. The only two things that are local, as far as I remember, are the hidden items and the gallery notification settings. Those won't be there on the new computer.

You're spot on -- I was referring to the hidden items I'd like to be hidden on the new computer too. I'd like to hide items that aren't Daz Studio or Poser. I've mistakenly purchased a few Carrara and Bryce items that are of no use to me. But in Daz Deals if I uncheck Vue, Carrara, or Bryce, that makes my "Show Wishlist" checkbox go away when I am looking at a large sale. I'd rather keep these items hidden and hold onto that wishlist checkbox.

Post edited by Elemental Flame on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited August 2020

..getting an annoying popup all of a sudden that reads:

There was a problem with the wishlist update. Check your email and passcode settings.

I clicked on the OK button which opened the Email and Passcode settings, but everything looks OK so I don't know what is triggering this.  This occurred immediately after I added an item to my wishlist tonight. Every time I try to do anything like open a forum thread, look at something in the store look at my wishlist it keeps popping up and freezes the page until I click on the "OK" button that again opens the Email/Passcode page.  Looking at the page I also noticed it seems tocoincide with the latest update which occurred at 22:01:07 PDT (-7:00 GMT).

I also have not seen any of the emails I normally am scehduled to receive yet.  Usually these show up at around 23:30 - 23:45 PDT (00:30 - 00:45 Daz time).  I still get the pricing information on product pages but again only after the popup appears and I click OK (which keeps opening the email info page in a another new tab).

I wonder if something in the new update buggered. Anyone else having this happen?  

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:

..getting an annoying popup all of a sudden that reads:

There was a problem with the wishlist update. Check your email and passcode settings.

I clicked on the OK button which opened the Email and Passcode settings, but everything looks OK so I don't know what is triggering this.  This occurred immediately after I added an item to my wishlist tonight. Every time I try to do anything like open a forum thread, look at something in the store look at my wishlist it keeps popping up and freezes the page until I click on the "OK" button that again opens the Email/Passcode page.  Looking at the page I also noticed it seems tocoincide with the latest update which occurred at 22:01:07 PDT (-7:00 GMT).

I also have not seen any of the emails I normally am scehduled to receive yet.  Usually these show up at around 23:30 - 23:45 PDT (00:30 - 00:45 Daz time).  I still get the pricing information on product pages but again only after the popup appears and I click OK (which keeps opening the email info page in a another new tab).

I wonder if something in the new update buggered. Anyone else having this happen?  

Try getting a new passcode. (Click the "Forgot your passcode?" link in the options page, just below your email, and follow the instructions.)

...I don't see why a change of passcode should be necessary particularly as being dyslexic I have trouble with generating "safe" (more cryptic) ones.  Is this a feature of the latest update?  Can I roll back to an earlier version because that pop up is very annoying?

kyoto kid said:

...I don't see why a change of passcode should be necessary particularly as being dyslexic I have trouble with generating "safe" (more cryptic) ones.  Is this a feature of the latest update?  Can I roll back to an earlier version because that pop up is very annoying?

We haven't had an update recently. You only need to enter the passcode once. Without knowing which email address we're talking about, this is a general reason why you might be getting that error. You may have accidentally unsubscribed--the passcode gets deleted on our side then, and your existing one will become invalid.

Until you solve it, you can uncheck "allow automatic update," and only sync manually. That way the popup will not come up.

edited August 2020

...according to what I see on the Options page under "Allow automatic update":

Last autoupdate:
    Tue Aug 18 2020 22:01:07 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My email address has not changed in years so it is the same as when I opted in and when I first opened my Daz account back in 2007. 

As I mentioned, this first popped up immeidately after I saved a product to my wishlist last night.

If I uncheck auto updates, will I still get emails about specials and the price trending on products?  So far the only emai/notification I received was the one for Top 21 Discounted Items, not the ones for New Daz Promos, Best Discounts, or Items on my Wishlist.

kyoto kid said:

...accroding to what I see on the Options page under "Allow automatic update":

Last autoupdate:
    Tue Aug 18 2020 22:01:07 GMT-0700 (Pacific Daylight Time)

My email address has not changed in years so it is the same as when I opted in and when I first opened my Daz account back in 2007. 

As I mentioned, this first popped up immeidately after I saved a product to my wishlist last night.

If I uncheck auto updates, will I still get emails about specials and the price trending on products?  So far the only emai/notification I received was the one for Top 21 Discounted Items, not the ones for New Daz Promos, Best Discounts, or Items on my Wishlist.

It probably wasn't trying to sync with the wishlist unchanged. I don't know what your email address is, so I can't check it you're still subscribed. You can PM me the address, and I can check. Without it, all I can give you are general causes, the most likely of which is that you need a new passcode because you accidentally unsubscribed.

edited August 2020

...well, I unchecked auto updating but the popup still keeps nagging me.

Email addy PM'd.

Don't see how I would have unsubscribed by mistake as I never even looked at the settings pages since I started using, until last night whne the popup forced me to.

edited August 2020

...OK this is even weirder.  as I mentioned I manually unchecked the Allow Automatic Updates box like you said to do, but when the popup appears, the box is checked again.

I even shut down Chrome to clear the cache and it still pops up with the box checked. 

ETA:

I realise you are across the pond and it's something like 23:30 there so heading off tothe pub for acouple pints as this is just too annoying to deal with. Will check email reaponses later. 

Got the PM with the email. As I thought, that address is not subscribed to wishlist notifications. You probably unsubscribed by accident. You need to sign up to get a new passcode and enter the new passcode. Everything else will remain the same.

...PM'd response.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

is anyone else having trouble with the 'show only wishlist' and 'show only owned' store filters in firefox?

i've been having to reload pages to get them to show up.  now they're not showing up at all.

j

This discussion has been closed.