Announcing: Daz Deals Browser Add-on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,301
    jardine said:
    jardine said:

is anyone else having trouble with the 'show only wishlist' and 'show only owned' store filters in firefox?

i've been having to reload pages to get them to show up.  now they're not showing up at all.

j

Yeah, it's been weird issue for me as well in MS Edge.  If I go from Show Only Owned to Hide Owned - with Show Only Owned unchecked - everything disappears.  However, then checking show wishlist and then Hide Owned, fixes it all up without reloading the page.

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

no luck.

i can only get the 'hide items i own' and 'only show platinum club' to show. 

i really miss 'only show wishlisted'.  that was a big help, shopping.

:/

j

• RangerRickRangerRick Posts: 256
    edited August 2020
    jardine said:

is anyone else having trouble with the 'show only wishlist' and 'show only owned' store filters in firefox?

i've been having to reload pages to get them to show up.  now they're not showing up at all.

j

Ha!  I thought it was only me.  Firefox on a Mac running Mojave.  It seems to happen more often as I use the site.  Almost seems that I have to back off for some number of minutes and then it might work again.  Same with the price history.  It hurts the most when they have lots of items in a sale because I'm not looking at over a hundred pages to see which ones have items I've wishlisted.  Sometimes the filter boxes show up but when I click the box for 'show only wishlisted' nothing happens.

Edited to add:  it's actually been going on for a long time but seems to have gotten worse as has the forced relogin problem.

Post edited by RangerRick on
  • AtiAti Posts: 9,082
    jardine said:

no luck.

i can only get the 'hide items i own' and 'only show platinum club' to show. 

i really miss 'only show wishlisted'.  that was a big help, shopping.

:/

j

Make sure the "Show filter for wishlisted and owned items + "% off" sort filter" option is enabled. It can be turned on and off. If it's on, then turn it off, and then turn it back on, just in case there's something weird going on in your browser.

jardine said:

j

Ha!  I thought it was only me.  Firefox on a Mac running Mojave.  It seems to happen more often as I use the site.

Firefox, in general, is a lot slower when using this addon. I would suggest you try Chrome and see if that helps. 

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thanks, ati...

i just tried uninstalling it and reinstalling the extension, and now it's working just fine.  thank goodness.  :)

j

• vagansvagans Posts: 422
    edited August 2020

All these products are being removed by the addon

Capture.JPG
    964 x 809 - 163K
    Post edited by vagans on

With what settings? I'm seeing them even if I only have Daz Studio selected in my interests.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    Ati said:

With what settings? I'm seeing them even if I only have Daz Studio selected in my interests.

All of those show up fine for me, too, and I have several things, Vue, Carrara, and Bryce suppressed in my Daz Deals options..

• vagansvagans Posts: 422

My Hide options are to only show Daz Studio and Unknown. If I open Vivaldi into an Incognito where the extension is not loaded they remain fine. I haven't changed any settings with Daz Deals since I installed it I believe.

Is it still doing that after a day? I can't reproduce this. :(

If Daz changes the way they link the banners, we're going to follow suit. Until it's only one banner they link differently once in a while, it's best not to mess things up in the long term.

If Daz changes the way they link the banners, we're going to follow suit. Until it's only one banner they link differently once in a while, it's best not to mess things up in the long term.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    Kerya said:

Shows up for me without problems.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited August 2020
    Nath said:
    Kerya said:

Shows up for me without problems.

Thank you - in that case it's obviously a local problem. Edited to add: was - now it works ...

Post edited by Kerya on
  • brvsnbrvsn Posts: 213
    edited September 2020

is anyone experiencing issues connecting to daz-deals servers?

EDIT: I haven't even received daily emails about promo, prices and so on.. last email is from 7:26 CET

Nuovo documento di testo.jpg
    559 x 296 - 54K
    Post edited by brvsn on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,377

Yeah same issues here, hopefully it'll get fixed soon. I'm bummed without it!

• Yeah, the server that handles it appears to be completely tanked, has been since around the time the store changed over for the day (so nearly three hours).

I'm sitting here with a full cart from the flash sale but hesitant to go through with it because I've become so dependent on Daz-Deals to know about pricing trends, etc. I use it constantly, I forgot just how much of the functionality on the Daz site is Ati's doing! Shopping without that extension is a very expensive chore full of guesswork and not being able to see products actually in use/being discussed.

dddown.png
    1052 x 594 - 382K
    edited September 2020
    Yea it's great and we're all already missing, even if only for few hours! :D
    Post edited by brvsn on
  • brvsn said:
    Yea and it's great and we're all missing it and it's only a few hours! :D

It's aight, there'll be- OH HEY I THINK THE SERVER IS BACK!!

edited September 2020

I just restarted our webserver, it should be good now. It needs a bit of time to settle because of the mails it's sending out, so it will be still a bit bumpy for the next couple of (dozens of) minutes.

Post edited by Ati on

Our user-facing server gets a bit shocked when Daz has a huge sale like today's. (Awesome sale, by the way! :)) The backend servers are all okay. These sales aren't too frequent, but I might still add another user-facing server just to take off the load on days like this.

• Ati said:

I just restarted our webserver, it should be good now. It needs a bit of time to settle because of the mails it's sending out, so it will be still a bit bumpy for the next couple of (dozens of) minutes.

Hey man, no worries. Thank you for all that you do for us. A few bumps are a price worth paying, I think some of us (me) may just have had (completely unfounded) nightmare visions of "oh no, what if it's gone FOREVER?!"

@ati thanks for quick reply and fix ;)

• @ati @overdrawn I'm attempting to switch over to Firefox from Chrome, at least for my Daz shopping because it's way more fluid there.

Unfortunately Daz-Deals isn't working 100% and I'm wondering if I can fix that; I've got a suspicion it's one of my settings and you guys may have some idea which one. I use uBlock Origin but I have everything for civilizationhunt.com approved in the settings (cookies, css, scripts, frames). The links for setting individual notifications, my full notification list, and gallery/forum mentions show up and work, but the space above them where the graph should be is completely blank. My security extension setup on both is pretty much the same save that I've given Firefox explicit permissions to run the necessary extension resources, and even turning things off entirely doesn't fix the problem.

It shows up fine in Chrome, which I don't think I ever adjusted a single setting for.

@ati @overdrawn I'm attempting to switch over to Firefox from Chrome, at least for my Daz shopping because it's way more fluid there.

Unfortunately Daz-Deals isn't working 100% and I'm wondering if I can fix that; I've got a suspicion it's one of my settings and you guys may have some idea which one. I use uBlock Origin but I have everything for civilizationhunt.com approved in the settings (cookies, css, scripts, frames). The links for setting individual notifications, my full notification list, and gallery/forum mentions show up and work, but the space above them where the graph should be is completely blank. My security extension setup on both is pretty much the same save that I've given Firefox explicit permissions to run the necessary extension resources, and even turning things off entirely doesn't fix the problem.

It shows up fine in Chrome, which I don't think I ever adjusted a single setting for.

Go to the menu, choose "Web Developer" and "Network". This should display all network calls the page mages. Reload a page where the graph is not showing, and find the calls for civilizationhunt.com to see what's blocking it and why. Once you know what's in the way, you need to play with the settings of that script or firewall, or addon, or whatever it is that's blocking those calls.

Oh, and unfortunately, Firefox is a lot slower when it comes to this addon, so be prepared for more wait times than with Chrome.

• Oh, I don't mind it taking a little longer for the filters and so on to pop up. Daz3D is so slow in Chrome for me that even with the delays, Firefox still takes roughly the same amount of time, but my computer doesn't completely lock up in the process.

I checked the network like you suggested and think I found the problem. Nothing from civilizationhunt.com itself was being blocked, but when I loaded the link into a separate tab and examined it by itself, gstatic.com was. I'm guessing that's where the actual graph itself is served from, and crucially, I forgot I had uMatrix installed to Firefox but not to Chrome for some reason. Allowing the css and scripts from there through fixed the problem.

Thank you so much, I had completely forgotten that uMatrix was a part of the equation. Everything is working now!

This discussion has been closed.