Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Hello, just installed skin builder a week ago. It was working fine but out of nothing it stopped working.

It fails to load anything at all...

It just says its busy with task and never passes that point ... 

Where the skin would usally load its blank... i attach a capture of what happend after i try to save :

thanks!

Annotation 2020-08-20 044614.png
    1339 x 666 - 350K
  • How can i uninstall the product?

• ReinRausReinRaus Posts: 4
    edited August 2020
    kinetiktv said:

Hello, just installed skin builder a week ago. It was working fine but out of nothing it stopped working.

It fails to load anything at all...

It just says its busy with task and never passes that point ... 

Check if Skin Builder is configured in its Settings tab to use a proper temporary folder.

kinetiktv said:

Where the skin would usally load its blank... i attach a capture of what happend after i try to save :

thanks!

Post edited by ReinRaus on
  • Could Skin Builder 8 be adding this information to expression sliders when I use the Daz to Maya bridge? It is the only difference I can think of between the two characters. See attached screen shots from Maya. It makes it almost impossible to use the expression sliders because I can't tell what is what.

CharacterNoSkinBuilder.png
    2560 x 1440 - 878K
    CharacterWithSkinBuilder.png
    2560 x 1440 - 1M
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    I don't have Maya so I have no idea, but I don't understand how materials is linked to expressions?
  • Hi, I just installed SkinBuilder 8 and do have a question. Following your instructions included I selected the final folder where the files will go. I went through the routine of creating skin, makeup, etc., and closed out the script to see the results. I went back into SB8 to check the created files and none were in the final folder I had selected. Do I have to physically move them from the temp folder to the final one?

I do not understand how the files will be saved. Under the Save Skin and Material Presets menu there are windows where you are supposed to indicate a preset name followed by a material preset button. I have tried different things, and the instructions doesn't make it clear just how to do this. I figured that an easier way to do this would have been offered, such as hitting a save button after the destination folder has been selected, and all the created textures would be sent there.

I would greatly appreciate it if you could clarify this process. Thanks!

edited September 2020

"Do I have to physically move them from the temp folder to the final one?"

No. When you choose a path for textures to be saved that is where they will go in relation to what material preset is being saved. You now need to load in that material preset onto character to use the textures that were saved. Can I see a screenshot of your save settings inside script please?

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi again. Shortly after I wrote the last blog I messed around with the script and I thought I had it figured out. I went through the creation progress, then under Save Skin and Material Presets menu entered the prefix and character name. I then hit the Create Material Preset button for the full material preset name. I did not yet delete the temporary items.. I saved the character preset then deleted it from the stage and reloaded it. It came in fine. Figuring I was safe I cleaned out the temporary folder and then tried reloading the figure again. This time I got an error message listing the missing texture files, all of which had the number prefix of those files that had been in the temporary folder, and the figure loaded in the light green color. I went into the Surfacing/Rendering menu and re-installed the texture files that were in the destination folders, files with the prefix/character name I had assigned. I then re-saved the character under the character preset, deleted and reloaded it again. This time it came in fine.

I apologize for such a long blog but I wanted to give you a step-by-step description of my actions.

edited September 2020

I want to see the path you have set for your skin textures please. I want to see a screenshot of your save settings. You have not told/shown me anything about path for textures.

Capture.JPG
    728 x 766 - 106K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Here it is

SB8 Save Skin and Material Presets.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 378K
    edited September 2020

Ok so you saying when you go to graftkdesigner/Face Transfer/callie there is no texture files in there after you created a material preset?

Do this test

Load any skin on the figure (doersnt need to be created with SkinBuilder)

Set a new path for Final Textures (Just for testing)

Choose Create Material Preset next to Full Material Preset Name (Call it anything)

After that is processed,  now click on the Browse Final Textures Directory Button and tell me if the textures are there for the material preset.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • I waited 7 hours (with computer shutdown) and reloaded the particular character the snapshot I send you refers to, and it came up fine, no missing texture files. I kept playing around with it after I sent you my last entry, and believe the problem is licked (hopefully!). Thanks for your time and assistance!

Coolyes Glad you sorted.

• Two characters done with Skin Builder

Angel and Emma done with Skin Builder 8.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 322K
  • pelupelu Posts: 3

Hello. I bought this product which seems fanastic, however I have problems when building the skin so I cannot say this for sure.

I set the path for the temporary files and for the final textures and followed the user guide provided but when I try to build a skin it works for a while because I can see the script applying the diffuse in the bottom left corner of the program but then it just keeps being busy for an undefined period of time. After a while I usually close the window and I see the a different skin on my character even if the script was still busy at that time but I don't know if it really finished all the steps.

Also apparently I cannot see the preview of the different skin details like freckles or eyebrows.

I provide a couple of screenshots below, the first with the 'busy' state and the second with the missing previews.

Another user mentioned some permission problems but I don't know what that means.

Can someone please help me a little? Thanks

sb8.PNG
    809 x 795 - 209K
    sb8p.PNG
    768 x 795 - 78K
  • Someone a couple of months ago was saying that the manual for the product was located within the Skin Builder 8 Resource folder. After reading the entry and checking it, I did not find any manual or link to a manual anywhere within the Skin Builder folder. (June 14 entry). Where else can you acquire the product manual?

edited September 2020

The user guide and merchant resource buttons are located in the very first tab called settings.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Okay, I apologize. I didn't see it, after all the countless times I've been using SB.

I have gotten quite adept at using SB, however, there is one recurring problem: When you load the character, the Daz Studio software searches for the temp (number-prefixed) files, not the saved (character-name prefixed) files. If it can't find the temp files then the figure will load in its white (or gray) default color, and you have to go into the Surfacing/Render menu and reassign every single texture file to the character, a time-consuming process. So I no longer delete the temp files.

edited September 2020

Save Material preset via Skin Builder. Load same material preset back onto character. Save character or scene with that preset already loaded back on. It will now use the written texture files to your path chosen. It will not ask or look for temp files. What you are using is a character or a scene which has textures using temp folder which means it is not loaded with a preset where you have saved the textures which is linked to a material preset.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • gMAKgMAK Posts: 26

Question im looking to build skins for younger characters but every product i find wants to add "gens" added to the toso. - have your growing up bundles for Gen 3 and thats the look i going for.  

Kind Regards

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022
    ceba said:

Question im looking to build skins for younger characters but every product i find wants to add "gens" added to the toso. - have your growing up bundles for Gen 3 and thats the look i going for.  

Kind Regards

None of the kids or teens products you will find in this store has genitalia.

not kids products - - Skin/Texture resouce Kits etc ...  are all adult centered and have them on the torso map - ( with the expetion of Growing up Skin  3 bundle that has a youth map).   MY QUESTION WAS Does Skin Builder 8  add a "gen" to the torso by default.

Yes it does..only way to remove it is manually via an image editor.
    ceba said:

not kids products - - Skin/Texture resouce Kits etc ...  are all adult centered and have them on the torso map - ( with the expetion of Growing up Skin  3 bundle that has a youth map).   MY QUESTION WAS Does Skin Builder 8  add a "gen" to the torso by default.

I misread your question, I thought you were looking for resources with gens, not without them.

The base skins in SB8 do include gens, yes.

Thanks.. all...  

Any plans for GUP8 Skin product

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited September 2020

Is there any way to use skin builder on a non genesis character?  With the laguna mermaid tail on the tail part I normally apply the material to the torso surface, but I am unable.  I also copy the torso from Gen 8 ontl the tail but SB must add another material tab and the colors are not matching.

skin builder.png
    933 x 1059 - 2M
    Post edited by Lasserine on

Is the shader the same on the figure and tail before the copy/paste?

• LasserineLasserine Posts: 65
    edited September 2020
    Leana said:

I used SB on the human part, but it doesnt let me on the tail part.

Post edited by Lasserine on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,121
    Lasserine said:
    Leana said:

The tail just uses G3F's UV, so all you'd need to do is copy your torso surface from the figure and paste it into the appropriate slot for the tail. 

• Gordig said:
    Lasserine said:
    Leana said:

The tail just uses G3F's UV, so all you'd need to do is copy your torso surface from the figure and paste it into the appropriate slot for the tail. 

I tried that but it didnt work.  Still get that line above.  Applied all 3 of the skin overlays and one of them causes the issue.  It adds a new parameter or something in surfaces that copying over doesnt copy.