2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,574

DollyGirl, I will assume that you live in the US and as such, reasoned UFO was only shown in the UK.  Actually, it was shown in the States, but I think it was syndicated to regional markets.  None of the "Big 3" (NBC, CBS, ABC) aired it nationally.  I cab't recall if I saw any episodes while living in Girmingham, Alabama, or whether I saw a few random episodes when my father and I visited his mother living in southern Georgia.  Yrah, oddly enough, it was WCTV, a CBS affiliate for south Georgia nad north Florida that aired the Gerry Anderson stuff like StingRay, UFO, Space: 1999 while Birmingham did not.

Sincerely,

Bill

• DollyGirl said:

Glad I could make your day. Being accross the pond I did not get to watch the series. I think I missed something special not getting to experience it in the moment. I was keen on space back then. Reason why I went into engineering and of course for the money.laugh

While Ilive in the UK, I missed the original airing too, as I was only born in the early 70's.

I do vaguely recall Saphire and Steel though - mainly because, while I  only caught bits of it, it seriously freaked me out.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    I do vaguely recall Saphire and Steel though - mainly because, while I  only caught bits of it, it seriously freaked me out.

The freakout can continue, if you like — I was browsing Freeview a while back (100 channels and nothing's on!) and I noticed that it's showing on one of those "let's run all the old shows" channels. Can't remember right now which one, might have been Dave or Yesterday, or even Blaze. I'll keep an eye out for the next time I see it.

Hold on... found it, ForcesTV (channel 96, YMMV) every weekday evening. No subtitles, drat.

And if you were wondering, yes, being seriously freaked out is a perfectly normal reaction.  

• I do vaguely recall Saphire and Steel though - mainly because, while I  only caught bits of it, it seriously freaked me out.

The freakout can continue, if you like — I was browsing Freeview a while back (100 channels and nothing's on!) and I noticed that it's showing on one of those "let's run all the old shows" channels. Can't remember right now which one, might have been Dave or Yesterday, or even Blaze. I'll keep an eye out for the next time I see it.

Hold on... found it, ForcesTV (channel 96, YMMV) every weekday evening. No subtitles, drat.

And if you were wondering, yes, being seriously freaked out is a perfectly normal reaction.  

Oh, no need. I bought the DVDs a while back.

as to which one (specifically) freaked me out..."I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish… he'd go away"

edited August 2020

Mzzkiti seated within the "pilot house" (an antiquated term) of the space freighter that is her current assignment.  The crew mockingly call it the "gopher hole" because the chamber can not be accessed through a conventional hatch.  Instead, one sits within the control chair positioned upon the deck beneath.  Activated, it rises throgh a shaft until it reaches an open area where the flight controls are loacred.  Why the convoluted procedure?  Since "Freighter Tails" was intended as parody and broad farce, well, purely for the absurdity of it, and partly as tribute the complex transport mechanisms depicted in Gerry Anderson's "ThunderBirds" that got the Tracy brothers to their respectibe vehicles.  Mzzkiti seems a bit overwhelmed by myriad of free floating holographic displays

As usual, Lt. Mzzkiti is "Melody for A3" and the majority of the hardware is various "gubbens" from several different Coflek-Gnorg sets depicting what I call "'Stromo-punk" based upon the ship interiors from "Alien" as designed by Ron Cobb.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-Piloting-J-3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 107K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited August 2021

Waking this thread from a year's slumber (an action that can earn one a "strike" at the TrekBBS), Here's a piece I composed for that site as part of a "NOT Star Trek" theme for a monthly fan art competition.  Alas, because mine was a "personal" concept rather than a widely recognized IP, I garnered very few votes.  My only consolation was that the moderator (who to my surprise, ewncouraged this over a widely known brand like Doctor Who), gained no more votes than I, and he's a d*mned good artist.  Not that winning was a big deal, nothing like monetary prizes, just bragging rights and the right to propose the next months theme.

Anyway, I tried to stage this as a movie poster with symmetrical elements to frame the focus, Lt. Mzzkiti.  The robo-rentacled critters are the resident menace in my material, the Dahnah'vahn Brains.  (Say it our loud and you'll get the joke.)

FT-Movie-Poster-J-1.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 444K
    Post edited by Redfern on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

anyone remember Aiko 19?

was lookin thru the g8f girls to see if any look close enought to aiko3 to be the new Aiko3.

dont think a Melody 8 would ever come out.

Mystiara said:

anyone remember Aiko 19?

was lookin thru the g8f girls to see if any look close enought to aiko3 to be the new Aiko3.

dont think a Melody 8 would ever come out.

I think the closest thing to "Melody" for V8 is Lady LittleFox's"Thistle"...

https://www.daz3d.com/thistle-for-posey-and-petunia

Though the "look" is rather subtle, leaning a bit more toward an anime/,amga inspired "necochan" rather than a western styled "funny animal/furry".

Though I wonder what would happen if Thistle were "blended" with Oso's far more serious/savage looking "Feline Folk"?

https://www.daz3d.com/osodreamers-felinefolk-for-genesis-8-female

I have both, but my current machine (which I got in 2010) can not run DAZ Studio, so I have no idea of the potential results.

From what I've read, "Thistle" CAN be used without "Posey and Petunia", but one will not get that childlike appearance.

https://www.daz3d.com/posey-and-petunia-for-genesis-8-female

I wonder how "Thistle" might look if Thorne's "Lara" were used instead of "posey and Petunia".  Still "toony", but not so childlike and with a hint of "glamour".

https://www.daz3d.com/lara-for-genesis-8-female

Hmm, "Thistle" mixed with "FelineFolk" and "Lara".  Could be exotically attractive or could turn out to be a "The Fly" type nightmare!

• ItsCeoItsCeo Posts: 471
    edited August 2021

Bringin Sexy Back

and in case you missed it... a whole Spec Ops Team of catgals here - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/513931/team-dforce-here-to-save-our-worlds

Post edited by ItsCeo on

Poor kitten probably has to repeatedly tell peoplee, "I'm NOT a bloody Na'vi!  Honestly, do I look like one of those tree hugging Pandoran nudists to you?!"

• randym77randym77 Posts: 272

I wish there were more textures for Melody and Micah. Specifically, cat and dog textures. Things like Siamese and Dalmatian textures. Maybe a beagle type texture.

There are textures like that for some of the other catperson figures, but not the original Melody. Melody 2 has a ton of textures, but there's no male version. You can kind of parent the cat head, ears and tail to M4, but the textures don't quite work.

I wonder if there used to be more textures for Melody, but they didn't survive the move from RDNA. I've noticed DAZ sometimes removes items, then brings them back. For awhile Chip was not in the store. Now he's back.

Speaking of products lost in the move...I wish Sassfras was still available.

My memory could be deceiving me, but I think all the Melody and Micah (mil'3 figure version) texture sets successfully migrated from RDNA to DAZ.  There was a "black leopard" set that sold briefly at RDNA, but it vanished from that store years before the "buyout".  That was the one Melody product I never purchased.

edited November 2021

Interesting. There's a black leopard texture for Melody 2. Curious that the version for the original Melody was removed.

Melody 2 is more of a pain to use, since there's conforming head, ears, and tail, instead of a full figure. I suppose to avoid RTEncoder. Though Melody and Micah no longer require RTEncoder. (The ReadMe hasn't changed, making it a bit confusing.) I guess DAZ decided allowing redistribution of part of their mesh was better than trying to talk users through installation on such an old product.

Post edited by randym77 on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666

i forgot that have Melody 2.  That character is for Victoria 4, not Genesis.  I didn't realize how old Melody 2 is until I looked at the product page again.

starionwolf said:

i forgot that have Melody 2.  That character is for Victoria 4, not Genesis.

Well, the body and limb textures are mapped for Victoria 4, but LittleFox designed the head to be used with the figure of one's preference.

I still prefer Melody for A3 as the geometry of the ears blends into the head and the geometry of the head blends into the neck without a hard seam.

The Dog pack for Melody and Micah shows some dog textures.

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-faces-dog

I guess the light brown one might be from the chihuahua pack. But where are the light and dark gray textures? It says the textures are sold separately, but where?

I think the upper left design is from the squirrel and chipmunk set.  The upper right is from the wolf and fox collection and the charcoal grey coats are possibly from the Bast and Anubis package, the pattern sliightly desaturated.

Thanks! I didn't realize there was a wolf texture. It's not shown in the promo images, but it is listed in the description.

I don't think the upper left is the chipmunk. The chipmunk texture has stripes on the head. I don't see a squirrel texture listed. Maybe it's the deer?

Could be...  With my machine barely able to function even as a lowly web access device, I don't have any rendering content to check.  Wait, I can check my product library pages and the product pages.

Ah, the squirrel is paired with the skunk.  Here's the set...

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-furs-skunk-and-squirrels

Looks to be the "red" one.

As for the light grey wolf, well, the product page for "Fox and Wolf" only shows the fox.  Bad showcasing, there...

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-furs-fox-and-wolf

Point being, You don't have to use the a given texture to depict the intended genus.  For Mzzkiti, an alien feline species called Moggians, I used the rabbit texture from this set...

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-furs-rabbits-and-mice

...with the stripes from the "Tigers" package...

https://www.daz3d.com/furries-furs-tigers

layered onto the torso,and limbs, the colors turned to a yellowish "cream".

Oh, it appears the "Deers for Furries" collection...

https://www.daz3d.com/deer-for-furries

...does not contain textures for the heads and bodies, only for the antlers and sleigh bells that come with it.  If you look closely and the "products required" list, it notes the "Skunks and Squirrels" set.

Thanks, I didn't realize there were squirrels. The name of the product is cropped and I only see the skunk part until I click through. The squirrel texture looks like it will be very useful.

Sorry you're having computer trouble. If you lived around here I'd give you my old computer. It's old, but it runs Poser fine.

randym77 said:

Sorry you're having computer trouble. If you lived around here I'd give you my old computer. It's old, but it runs Poser fine.

That's a very gracious offer, but I'll manage.  I had already decided I would invest in a a robust "polygon packer" of a beast, but I want to get a few things settled concerning my recently forced retirement (my department was outsourced toa 3rd party IT service center) before making any substantial nonessential purchases.  Hopefully by the start of the new year.

• EthinEthin Posts: 973

aghhh... I totally dropped the ball. I can't believe I forgot to post about these here, and it's been over a year! {Face meet palms!}crying

...Oh would you look at that, some wonderful freebies I made for Melody and Micah.

Better Fur Bump Maps For Melody & Micah

Fancy Cats - Tuxedo For Melody & Micah

edited May 2023

Melody Promo 07.jpg
    2800 x 2100 - 4M
    Post edited by Ethin on
    edited May 2023

"She's a maneater, Watch out boy she'll chew you up..."

There's probably a lame joke in there somewhere too 'cause she a cougar.

ShesAManEater 07.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 2M
    Post edited by Ethin on

Ethin said:

There's probably a lame joke in there somewhere too 'cause she a cougar.

Thing is, a "cougar" relative to my age would likely be in a nursing home! surprise

Is that the "puma/mountain lion" texture that comes with "Micah" mixed with your impressive fur styled bump maps?  If so, you made it look VERY impressive!

Redfern said:

Is that the "puma/mountain lion" texture that comes with "Micah" mixed with your impressive fur styled bump maps?  If so, you made it look VERY impressive!

Yep, that it is. Thanks!

randym77 said:

I wish there were more textures for Melody and Micah.

I hear ya, I would certainly like to make a bunch of add-ons for them.

I wonder what would be the best section to start a dev thread in?

@Shadow4n613_8f5f8dbc6c , check your private messages.

• Genesis ... in the beginning there was catgirl and Sadie and Sam and one heck of a lot other morph packages. 
    Which started with pic 1 and then evolved. 
    But alas the head morphs don't evolve beyond genesis. 
    So the newest version is the Gen1 character with shrunken invisible body parented to the neck of a gen8 with an invisible head. 
    The faces are all the real faces of the cats they're named for. 
    This does allow all the the body morphs etc for gen8, poses, and clothes. 
    And the imagine how the kittens felt when they discovered the old subway dungeon in the sub-basement of PS 115

cat big head sadie 01.jpg
    1119 x 812 - 289K
    ripleys new shirt 01w.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 788K
    rip 214 9m42s 2048i.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 1M
    spookyCover.jpg
    1024 x 1008 - 579K
    subway dandd baseSmall.jpg
    2255 x 1214 - 1M
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Genesis 1 had a lot of potential that the PAs just abandoned.

As far as I'm concerned, its stil the best figure to make anime-style characters with. Buy Hiro 5, Hitomi and the Gen 3/4 legacy morphs, and you've got everything you need to make more anime characters than you can shake a stick at.