2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 2021

Admittedly, a "low hanging fruit" of a gag, but at least it fits the season.  I suspect manicures (and pedicures) would be a major industry for a species felinoids with retractable claws.

Mzzkiti-w-Santa-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 79K
    Post edited by Redfern on
    edited December 2021

As dorky as this seems, I really like her smile!

Mzzkiti-Adobe-J-1.jpg
    600 x 900 - 68K
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

She so floofy!

vrba79 said:

She so floofy!

She definitely has that '80s hair teased into an impossibly thick mane.  I think I was inspired by the "bioroid" Puma Sisters from "Dominion: Tank Police", a manga by Masamune Shirow (later adapted to s short run anime).  The "pectoral" ruff (which an online acquaintence christened as her "buzemfluffen") was a detail I created when I originally drew her in graphite and ink.  It allowed me to draw her undressed (for comedic effect) and keep her web comic rated "PG".

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

Love it, especially the fluff!

edited January 2022

The morning after the New Year's party...

Mzzkiti: "Ugh...! What did I do last night?"

Dee Rainged: "So... We're pulling this dumb ol' cliche?"

Yeah, we all know this stupid chestnut. First character wakes from a night of carousing and finds his/herself in bed with the least expected or least desired "partner". Dee Rainged (the human) kicks down the fourth wall acknowledging it for the cliche into which it has devolved.

FT-Morning-After-J-1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 30K
    FT-Morning-After-J-2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 33K

Floof test. Kinda works but not really.

edited January 2022

Ethin said:

Floof test. Kinda works but not really.

I might have to debate you about that because I think it looks great!

What items did you use yo achieve the effect, that is, for the collar, the tail and the scalp hair?  And did you do anything unique for the body and face?  That looks more robust than simply texture and bump maps.  I feel you've truly elevated Melody to a whole new level!

Thanks!smiley

blushIt was just a quick proof of concept I through together from various old scenes, I really didn't think it was that kind of special. It might have taken longer to render than to setup.blush

Well, for the tail and collar I used Littledragon's Bushy Tail 2, and the hair is Pandora Hair. I don't know what to tell you about the body and head 'cause there the same shader settings I've been using for almost a year now, must just be the lighting and camera angle?.

Ethin said:

I don't know what to tell you about the body and head 'cause there the same shader settings I've been using for almost a year now, must just be the lighting and camera angle?.

Must be the lighting, because I thought you might have somehow adapted the shaders OsoDreamer developed for his "FelineFolks"

Thanks for answering!

edited January 2022

There. Now I have actually done it, pulled all the stops, used all the tricks, stayed up way too late. I know its a bit repetitive but I think I managed to improve some fluff stuff.

Melody really Regal Floof test 01.jpg
    1850 x 2000 - 667K
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • DollyGirlDollyGirl Posts: 2,646

She is so pretty!

Ethin said:

There. Now I have actually done it, pulled all the stops, used all the tricks, stayed up way too late. I know its a bit repetitive but I think I managed to improve some fluff stuff.

I dare say you got LD's Bushy Tail to look better in DAZ Studio that it does in Poser for which it was originally designed!

And now for something completely...odd...

"Uh...F.L.O.?  Mind telling me where you got the egg?"

It started with my placing a scaled down version of the egg on her plate, still sealed.  But I wasn't sure if it would be recognized for what it was meant t be.  So I opened it.  But, if opened, that would imply a facehugger had "hatched".  At first I thought about Mzzkiti simply pinning the bug sized parasite under her hand.  Then I got weird.

Redfern said:

I dare say you got LD's Bushy Tail to look better in DAZ Studio that it does in Poser for which it was originally designed!

Yeah, all the Poser + SF Krystal peeps where jealous of the old settings, I could really rub it in now. Too bad there's no good way to port the settings to Poser.

Redfern said:

It started with my placing a scaled down version of the egg on her plate, still sealed.  But I wasn't sure if it would be recognized for what it was meant t be.  So I opened it.  But, if opened, that would imply a facehugger had "hatched".  At first I thought about Mzzkiti simply pinning the bug sized parasite under her hand.  Then I got weird.

Love it. Only thing missing is a  ~heart from the face hugger.

DollyGirl said:

She is so pretty!

Thanks! 

I think she's just purr-ecious.

Ethin said:

Redfern said:

Yeah, all the Poser + SF Krystal peeps where jealous of the old settings, I could really rub it in now. Too bad there's no good way to port the settings to Poser.

Redfern said:

Love it. Only thing missing is a  ~heart from the face hugger.

Oh, yeah!  That would have been a cute addition!  My buddy Mapper noted, "I guess that what a space sinus infection looks like. heheh.. Then the ship gets over run by Xeno boogers... could make for a sticky situation..."

Oh man! indecision

edited January 2022

Found a free 3D model of the "Cavorite Sphere" at SketchFab by a Matt Dixon.  For those wondering,  it was the means by which author H.G. Wells managed to get "The First Men in the Moon".  (Yes, "...in the Moon" as opposed to "on" it.  It makes sense once you read the story.)  In 1964 stop motion effect genius Ray Harryhausen brought the novel to the silver screen and this is how he envisioned the space vehicle.

This is arguably an "unbound" non-canon scenario for my OC, Mzzkiti...unless she simplying "kicking back" in the freighter's "VR salon".  With her penchant for slapstick misfortune,  the recreation files will likely skip a few tracks.  She'll miss her intended destination of the Moon and will, instead, land upon the Barsoomian version of Mars where she'll have to abide by its (un)dress code!

Mzzkiti-w-C-Sphere-J-1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 97K

Garee to the rescue!

laugh mhmm, Mzzkiti as Dejah Thoris!

Wait.. havent you allready done that?!?

Dejah Thoris dejah vu. :p

Yup, from page 15 of the Aiko & Hiro Appreciation thread in "The Commons".  As to why Mzzkiti now has orangish red fur with a blue black mane and tail tuft?  Uh...?  A behignly allergic reaction to the food of Barsoom?  Vainly trying to disguise herself as a citizen of the Kingdom of Helium?  A badly developed photograph?  Take your pick. wink

Would she still be a Smilodon if she were frowning?

(Forum members collectively groan.)

Uh...I'll just let myself out.

Seriously, I love the texturing, particularly her nose pad.  It taunts one to "boop" it.

edited February 2022

Redfern said:

Would she still be a Smilodon if she were frowning?

(Forum members collectively groan.)

Uh...I'll just let myself out.

Mood killer.

Redfern said:

Seriously, I love the texturing, particularly her nose pad.  It taunts one to "boop" it.

Thanks! Yeah, I think the nose detail is a good start. Maybe sometime I'll get around to kicking it up a notch.

Mel SaberTooth Test 03.jpg
    768 x 1024 - 413K
    Post edited by Ethin on

Ethin said:

Mood killer.

Thanks! Yeah, I think the nose detail is a good start. Maybe sometime I'll get around to kicking it up a notch.

Addressing the new render, "Oh...poo!  I made "Donna" sad!

Great that the saber fangs don't inhibit expressions (though I suspect you customized them to fit the intimidating dental structures).

Finally, a "start"...?  I'd say the entire pelt pattern (at least what's revealed in the shors) works very well!

Redfern said:

Great that the saber fangs don't inhibit expressions (though I suspect you customized them to fit the intimidating dental structures).

Finally, a "start"...?  I'd say the entire pelt pattern (at least what's revealed in the shors) works very well!

Yeah, I had to go a bit easy on some of the expression morphs so there wouldn't be any visible clipping. The corners of the mouth and the upper lip bulge are part of the same morph with the teeth, I got them adjusted so they mostly go around the teeth instead of through them.

As for the texture, I just mashed the brown squirrel and fisher cat together and added my fur bump on top to roughen them up. Speaking of the bump map, to me it looks like I might have blurred the nose a tad too much and the inner ear could have used a bit more, but that's just my personal preference.

I was also thinking some morphs to add a bit more detail to the nose pad and inner ear could be useful for people if they want to add to the realism a bit. Plans within plans...

I could do a whole thing just around their teeth, maybe a lower poly denture set that would be easier to work with. Fangs. Dirks. Sabers. Tusks!!! :D

lol! Rigged teeth, so you could do all kinds of crazy stuff, just think of all the hijinks nature was up to while developing Elephants!

...'cause you know... since I did a Sabertooth... that means... one of these days I'll have to figure out how to do a Mammoth!... o_o

But I'm getting way too ahead of myself.

• I have just found this thread and I have to say all the kitties are so cool. Is this thread open to any who are creating kitty characters and do they have to be toonish? Not that there is anything wrong with that :).

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,169

KC Riley-Gyer said:

I have just found this thread and I have to say all the kitties are so cool. Is this thread open to any who are creating kitty characters and do they have to be toonish? Not that there is anything wrong with that :).

Misty has been absent for several months, and it's possible she's no longer with us, so I can't tell you what she intended, and neither can she unless she suddenly rejoins us.

• Gordig, thank you for letting me know. I hope she's okay.