2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172

We all do. I think her last post was about going to the hospital, and some people who live near her have even done some detective work to see if they could locate her, but there's been no news for months.

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited April 2022

KC Riley-Gyer said:

I have just found this thread and I have to say all the kitties are so cool. Is this thread open to any who are creating kitty characters and do they have to be toonish? Not that there is anything wrong with that :).

While I did not start this thread I do believe I have been its most prolific (at least most obsessive) contributor.  If either carries any weight, then I welcome a more "realistic" take on the subject, something leaning a bit more to the "feral" or "frightening" if that is your forte.  I have no objections to males or non-binary forms, either.

Post edited by Redfern on
  • vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Gordig said:

We all do. I think her last post was about going to the hospital, and some people who live near her have even done some detective work to see if they could locate her, but there's been no news for months.

I'm seeing echos of something that happened at another message board I used to frequent. The person in question there compartmentalized her online and offline lives to the point we had no idea what happened to her, until one of the more proactive members managed to connect with someone from her offline life, and confirmed what we had all feared.

• While I don't know her, here's hoping we hear something soon either way. 

Redfern said:

While I did not start this thread I do believe I have been its most prolific (at least most obsessive) contributor.  If either carries any weight, then I welcome a more "realistic" take on the subject, something leaning a bit more to the "feral" or "frightening" if that is your forte.  I have no objections to males or non-binary forms, either.

Well, I'm not into frightening as I would lose whatever little sleep I already manage to get lol. But I do go for the more realistic for my stories with the occasional toonish just for fun. While I have Melody and Micah for A3 and H3, https://www.daz3d.com/cat-world-regenesis-hd-bundle was my first set. I'm discovering that if I create a human character first, especially for the face, then apply the cat morph from https://www.daz3d.com/hfs-ultimate-shapes-bundle, then I end up with cat people that start looking different in the faces. An issue with this is one has to apply the cat head completely to get the ears and lower the upper cranium. Attempting to do the ears and cranium separately, causes skin wrinkles where the ears attach to the head. Adding head hair can hide that, though.

Skin/fur is my biggest hangup, though. I haven't found any that would look good and I don't know how to add fur, let alone create skin textures. I'm not good at drawing, hence using DS lol.

I don't have any technical advice to offer as I'm something of a Luddite, so far sticking with Poser.

Regardless, I eagerly look forward to your results, whwnever you feel satisfied enough to post them.

• Redfern said:

I don't have any technical advice to offer as I'm something of a Luddite, so far sticking with Poser.

Regardless, I eagerly look forward to your results, whwnever you feel satisfied enough to post them.

Thank you and no problem. I'll share soon after I try to work out a thing or two :) 

• Back story first: started writing a story back in 2005, not long after that computer died so no playing with Daz studio. In the story, I had a female main character, her father and his special messenger (a male); all cat people. I didn't get a new computer capable of handling DS until 2012.

In 2018, I wanted to get to know her father so, for NaNoWriMo, I started writing his story and part of his special messenger's story. I also started creating the characters in DS.

The first two images are close-ups of the two versions of the character and the third is the pair side by side.

The guy on left is G8M with a human character morphs with HFS Ultimate Shapes cat morph applied and he's about 8' tall.

The guy on the right is G8.1M with different human character morphs and with HFS Ultimate Shapes fawn and cat morphs applied. I dressed them up the same so I could see how they looked.

The muzzle of the guy on the left reminds me of Berestain Bears face and it turns out I like the head of G8.1M more. I just need to work on his ears situation but the hair covers that at the moment lol.

02a-Junari-Deemah-CloseUp.png
    927 x 695 - 559K
    02a-Junari-Deemah81.png
    1000 x 750 - 702K
    02a-Junari-Deemah-8-81-c.png
    1200 x 1200 - 1M

With the bare skin (as opposed to bear skin wink) and the unkempt shoulder length hair I'm getting "Vincent" vibes from the CBS TV servies featuring Ron Perlman.  I agree, if human skin is your goal, then the slightly more subtle morphs on the 8.1 figure look better (in my unsolicited biased opinion).  It should prove interesting how this project evolves. yes

• vrba79vrba79 Posts: 1,297

Heh! So I wasn't the only one who was like "Oh, its that version of The Beast everyone was thirsty for in the 90s!"

• LOL I didn't think of Vincent, loved that show. As for the skin and hair, I have no idea what route to take. I'm not a fan of most of the furs included. Out of the sets I have, there is one that allows for no fur when wearing pants. Can't remember which set that is. I don't even know how to go about creating fur/no fur areas when wearing clothing. At the moment, I do two renders, one with fur and one without fur. Because I'm using G8 and G8.1, options are limited in regards to slider morphs to use in increments.

But, it could also be my limited knowledge. I'm a user who buys ready to use stuff, not a person who's able to dabble with the nitty-gritty stuff.

edited April 2022

Creating a morph to suggest her ears "tent-poling" her cowl (from Shukky's "God of Death" freebie collection for A3) prompted me to dress Mzzkiti (using Melody for A3) in desert garb.  Is she on Tatooine or Arrakis?  Maybe she's in some arid environment within her own proper continuity.  Meh, who gives a flying fudge?!  Hmm...airborne brownies...is that a "thing", something that can be marketed?  Why am I rambling? frown

Mzzkiti-Desert-Gear-J-1.jpg
    1333 x 1000 - 198K
  • Nice. Both the pic and the morph.

edited April 2022

Mzkiti meets one of her idols, Ellen Ripley.  Given her experience with aliens, can we really blame the Nostromo officer's apprehension? cheeky

Mzzkiti-w-Ripley-J-1.jpg
    800 x 1066 - 52K
  • EthinEthin Posts: 1,008

laughheartyes

Ethin said:

laughheartyes

Thanks!  I had a hugging pose for A3 that by sheer coincidence aligned almost perfectly with a Frazetta/Vallejo type dramatic pose for V4.  I only had to tweak the position of both figures' left thighs to minimize  "clipping".

• LOL that's awesome!

KC Riley-Gyer said:

LOL that's awesome!

Appreciated!  Sometimes, a piece just falls into line from the "get go".

• So, I've finally got around to doing this; cat morphs comparisons. I have the following:
    - HFS Ultimate Shapes for G8M&F.
    - Cat World for G8M&F by RawArt but I'm not keen on them. I'd gotten them for the tails.
    - Catgirl and Tomcat by WillDupre & MAB but there are no morphs so not applicable for my comparison.
    - And, lastly, OsoDreamer's FelineFolk. 

Images 1&2: All 3 are G8.1M with default skin textures, from the neck down - all the same HFS cat-related morphs, and a standing pose.
    Left: Default G8.1M with HFS Cat head 100%
    Centre: G8.1M with Ezra head 100% and HFS Cat head 100%
    Right: G8.1M with Ezra head 100%, HFS Faun 60% & Cat 30, and OsoDreamer CatHead 40%

Image 3: Same as above except for Tomcat White Tiger skin applied.

G81CatComparison-01a.png
    1778 x 1000 - 1M
    G81CatComparison-01b.png
    1778 x 1000 - 2M
    G81CatComparison-01c.png
    1778 x 1000 - 2M
  • Here are some more.

On these three, all are the same except for the obvious skin texture changes from the Tomcat set.

Image 1:
    Left: He now has Fifer head morph 100% added. Fifer adds an interesting morph to the ears.
    Centre: No changes compared to previous renders.
    Right: Now has the Darius head morph 100% applied and Ezra removed.

Image 2:
    The side view is also interesting. Adding more than one person morph at smaller percentages would also create greater variation.

G81CatComparison-01d.png
    1778 x 1000 - 2M
    G81CatComparison-01e.png
    1778 x 1000 - 2M

• @Ethin looks good!

KC Riley-Gyer said:

@Ethin looks good!

Thanks! smiley

Re-Brith (Aka The Cloners Are Panty Thieves, But I Sure Their Intentions Are Purely Scientific.)

Apparently some artifacts have gone missing from the historical archives, maybe the "boys" at the temporal cloning lab know something.

Starring Bill Redfern's very own Mzzkiti sporting her brand new commissioned texture set created by yours truly.

(cue Weird Al's "I Think I'm a Clone Now")

This was just suppose to be a test render of the texture. It wasn't my intention to do an image of a sexy Cheshire cat girl in her underwear, ...but I can't say I'm totally opposed to it.

Ethin said:

...It wasn't my intention to do an image of a sexy Cheshire cat girl in her underwear, ...

If the Cheshire can looked like that, I think I would haved risked remaining in that realm of madness! heart

A texture set you might sell, eventually?

Redfern said:

If the Cheshire can looked like that, I think I would haved risked remaining in that realm of madness! heart

A texture set you might sell, eventually?

That's just a quick and dirty recolor of the tabby texture I'm working on to see what it would look like (she looks pretty fine to meheart), but... I feel that Chesh might benefit from stripes that are a bit more stylized/fancifully. So yeah, eventually.

I do have a Gumroad account now, so if all goes well I'll start getting some products out. 

Ethin said:

... I feel that Chesh might benefit from stripes that are a bit more stylized/fancifully.

Maybe somthing like this...

Mackerel tabby set coming soon...

All of them are impressive, but that last one with the browns and "rusts"...

...has the most striking "ticking"!

Great announcement to which to wake, especially after feeling sick the last two days. (I'm recovering now.)