2nd of nine lives Cat Girrrl render thread prrr

123457»

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,345

DollyGirl, I will assume that you live in the US and as such, reasoned UFO was only shown in the UK.  Actually, it was shown in the States, but I think it was syndicated to regional markets.  None of the "Big 3" (NBC, CBS, ABC) aired it nationally.  I cab't recall if I saw any episodes while living in Girmingham, Alabama, or whether I saw a few random episodes when my father and I visited his mother living in southern Georgia.  Yrah, oddly enough, it was WCTV, a CBS affiliate for south Georgia nad north Florida that aired the Gerry Anderson stuff like StingRay, UFO, Space: 1999 while Birmingham did not.

Sincerely,

Bill

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 533
    DollyGirl said:

Glad I could make your day. Being accross the pond I did not get to watch the series. I think I missed something special not getting to experience it in the moment. I was keen on space back then. Reason why I went into engineering and of course for the money.laugh

While Ilive in the UK, I missed the original airing too, as I was only born in the early 70's.

I do vaguely recall Saphire and Steel though - mainly because, while I  only caught bits of it, it seriously freaked me out.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,131
    I do vaguely recall Saphire and Steel though - mainly because, while I  only caught bits of it, it seriously freaked me out.

The freakout can continue, if you like — I was browsing Freeview a while back (100 channels and nothing's on!) and I noticed that it's showing on one of those "let's run all the old shows" channels. Can't remember right now which one, might have been Dave or Yesterday, or even Blaze. I'll keep an eye out for the next time I see it.

Hold on... found it, ForcesTV (channel 96, YMMV) every weekday evening. No subtitles, drat.

And if you were wondering, yes, being seriously freaked out is a perfectly normal reaction.  

• GafftheHorseGafftheHorse Posts: 533

The freakout can continue, if you like — I was browsing Freeview a while back (100 channels and nothing's on!) and I noticed that it's showing on one of those "let's run all the old shows" channels. Can't remember right now which one, might have been Dave or Yesterday, or even Blaze. I'll keep an eye out for the next time I see it.

Hold on... found it, ForcesTV (channel 96, YMMV) every weekday evening. No subtitles, drat.

And if you were wondering, yes, being seriously freaked out is a perfectly normal reaction.  

Oh, no need. I bought the DVDs a while back.

as to which one (specifically) freaked me out..."I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today. I wish, I wish… he'd go away"

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,345
    edited August 16

Mzzkiti seated within the "pilot house" (an antiquated term) of the space freighter that is her current assignment.  The crew mockingly call it the "gopher hole" because the chamber can not be accessed through a conventional hatch.  Instead, one sits within the control chair positioned upon the deck beneath.  Activated, it rises throgh a shaft until it reaches an open area where the flight controls are loacred.  Why the convoluted procedure?  Since "Freighter Tails" was intended as parody and broad farce, well, purely for the absurdity of it, and partly as tribute the complex transport mechanisms depicted in Gerry Anderson's "ThunderBirds" that got the Tracy brothers to their respectibe vehicles.  Mzzkiti seems a bit overwhelmed by myriad of free floating holographic displays

As usual, Lt. Mzzkiti is "Melody for A3" and the majority of the hardware is various "gubbens" from several different Coflek-Gnorg sets depicting what I call "'Stromo-punk" based upon the ship interiors from "Alien" as designed by Ron Cobb.

Sincerely,

Bill

Mzzkiti-Piloting-J-3.jpg
    800 x 800 - 107K
    Post edited by Redfern on