Buy Something That Doesn't Work in Carrara? Post your Questions and Workarounds here. (please)

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

yeah I never found those grouped props in DAZ studio either 

apparently the question is really that difficultdevil

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    Mystiarra said:

yeah I never found those grouped props in DAZ studio either 

apparently the question is really that difficultdevil

must be secretly hidden :)

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

I thought the PA's just plonked things any old place ! wink

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712
    edited July 2020

first one is Poser file in Carrara using Octane, renders in seconds, bit noisy but I will blur the animation

second one is disarry... I mean DAZ iray, took 2 hours and also has fireflies

but

those missing psd files that don't exist

I did find I could press esc instead of cancel and stop mouse hand cramp, was at least a hundred of them

does it saving from Poser too

drives me nuts

rumbleposer0016.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 515K
    Tigerdenrumble.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

So... there are no psd files anywhere in the product install? Try downloading the product manually and having a look at the file structure. Normally Daz wouldn't want psd files, but that may have changed over the years. More common, I'd think is that the PA accidentally left the textures set for 'test' maps still in psd format and forgot to switch them to jpg - but then it's strange that QA didn't catch that. I'd file a support ticket.

no

it has happened before,

Ravenskull Hall by the same creator does it too.

DAZ studio and Poser do not look for these files,

they don't exist and are not used, they are for items not even in the scene, the props that are a separate load but use jpgs

is like some sort of purge was not done when creating it

no

it has happened before,

they don't exist and are not used, they are for items not even in the scene, the props that are a separate load but use jpgs

Right. I think the way to fix it would be to comb through all of the materials (likely a very tedious task) in either Poser or DS and look for all texture maps and get rid of anything psd. PITA if you ask me. Personally, I'd give up and not use it anymore - but that's just me. If I reallt Really wanted to use it, yeah... I'd go through the PITA and fix it.

no

it has happened before,

Right. I think the way to fix it would be to comb through all of the materials (likely a very tedious task) in either Poser or DS and look for all texture maps and get rid of anything psd. PITA if you ask me. Personally, I'd give up and not use it anymore - but that's just me. If I reallt Really wanted to use it, yeah... I'd go through the PITA and fix it.

I can use the DAZ studio duf version but need to do all the usual texture map hunting and  fixing associated with that too, the Poser one looks much better,

The dufs have 3Delight as well as iray but that adds maps in reflection to everything as AoA shaders are inclined to do, so choice of hunting alpha maps for iray or deleting reflections for AoA 3Delight shaders,, both need UV wrap fix too!

I wish I knew how to purge in Poser.

Can in DAZ studio with AdamR clear undo script and Carrara can consolidate and remove unused stuffs.

Yeah... I'm used to redoing all of my shaders from top to bottom in Carrara. That has become one of my joys. Probably why I can often quote the locations of all of my Texture Map folders in my libraries! LOL

Diane cannot wear any clothes in Carrara

https://www.daz3d.com/diane-for-genesis-8-female

they don't autofollow the morph on Misty's character

she works otherwise but she really needs clothes surprise

EEEEKK!!!

edited July 2020

grass skirt and bra?

George and Diane hairs20010.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Not as revealing as some skimp wear....

edited July 2020
    Bunyip02 said:

Not as revealing as some skimp wear....

you want to see them in skimpwear cheeky

https://www.facebook.com/1653360584/posts/10221409620703975/

iClone render, guess I could export an FBX for Carrara

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    Bunyip02 said:

EEEEKK!!!

oh my...

• I use G3 and G8 in Carrara a lot lately thanks to Misty. First I load the object in Studio and change weights to blended. I save it as a duf file and import it into Carrra. Normally, withoput issues. Yesterday I purchased dForce Incognito Outfit for Genesis 8 females (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-incognito-outfit-for-genesis-8-females) and I just can't get it into Cararra using my normal process. I've traced the problem to just the coat. There are gloves, boots, scarf and a hat that work. The coat is a little odd because it has two parented add ons that I've removed in Studio. I have the crash log. Is there something I should look for to help me figure out what the problem is?

Thanks

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited September 2020

I use G3 and G8 in Carrara a lot lately thanks to Misty. First I load the object in Studio and change weights to blended. I save it as a duf file and import it into Carrra. Normally, withoput issues. Yesterday I purchased dForce Incognito Outfit for Genesis 8 females (https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-incognito-outfit-for-genesis-8-females) and I just can't get it into Cararra using my normal process. I've traced the problem to just the coat. There are gloves, boots, scarf and a hat that work. The coat is a little odd because it has two parented add ons that I've removed in Studio. I have the crash log. Is there something I should look for to help me figure out what the problem is?

Thanks

Can confirm the same problem for the coat.  After converting to blended weight, I deleted the addons and I deleted the buttons.  Still crashed.  I see an extra bone in the legs of the coat called Handle.  Could it be related to that?

After converting to blended, the boots loaded in Carrara.  It is something about the coat.

Sorry can't be more help.

Post edited by Diomede on
  • Diomede,

Thanks for the response. I didn't notice the extra bone. from my experience, extra bones don't cause crashes. They just caus the mesh to distort when posed. I'll give it a try tonight and see if it helps. 

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

I didn't know you could convert d-force stuff to use in Carrara.... is there a post about that?  I must have missed it if there is.  yes Silene

• Silene,

I don't know if there's a post. I just tried it and it works for me. I've used dForce capes that I purchsed from another site in Carrara. They don't drape, but the creater included enough morphs (in addition to dForce) to make them usuable in Carrara. I can [post some examples when I get home tonight if you're interested. 

Is there a way to delete the dForce part in Studio. Maybe that's my issue.

• SileneUKSileneUK Posts: 1,969

Silene,

I don't know if there's a post. I just tried it and it works for me. I've used dForce capes that I purchsed from another site in Carrara. They don't drape, but the creater included enough morphs (in addition to dForce) to make them usuable in Carrara. I can [post some examples when I get home tonight if you're interested. 

Is there a way to delete the dForce part in Studio. Maybe that's my issue.

Yes please if you have time, no rush. I won't be dressing my figures for a couple of weeks at aleast. Still working on their 'world'.

Cheers!  heart  SIlene 

edited September 2020
  • Wendy,

Thanks for the links. The coat does have rigid buttons. I have tried removing the buttons themselves and so did Diomede that didn't work. Ill read through the links and try again.

• Wendy,

Thanks for the links. The coat does have rigid buttons. I have tried removing the buttons themselves and so did Diomede that didn't work. Ill read through the links and try again.

yeah think you also have to alter the point they are attached to with the geometry editing tool, whatever they did to attach it needs to be undone

• That makes sense. I'm not great with Studio, but I'll give it a try.

• That makes sense. I'm not great with Studio, but I'll give it a try.

I actually have no idea myself just know things with rigid nodes can crash Carrara

but not always 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

FYI - when I bought 3DU roaches they would also crash Carrara.. what I did on a hunch was load it up in DS and delete the extra foot bones and voila... fixed.... dunno if this would be the same issue as I don't have the product to check.

• Stezza,

That's good advice, but the coat doesn't seem to have any extra bones.

Wendy,

I went back and tried deleting the buttons and the object beneath it (maybe button holes), but that didn't work either.My next tep is to read through the links you provided.

I appreciate everyone's help so far. I'm not giving up yet. 

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 785
    edited September 2020

Silene, 

Here's aexample of a dForce cape that was created for G3M.I changed theweight mapping in Studio and imported it into Carrara. I didn't modify anything else. The first image shows it as it comes into Carrara. As you can see from the second image, there are a lot of morphs. I believe the author used dForce ti drape the cape then turned them into morphs. He also supplied G3M poses to match the cape morphs. The third and fourth images show what happens as the morph is applied. Andthe final image is the posed image with the morphed cape. 

I have a few more capes like this and some cloaks. The cloaks don't work as well because the morphs were created for G3M without any body morphs. The cloak doesn't follow the figure when I change the body. I'm not sure how this will work with clothes, but it's great for capes. 

I hope this helps. 

Cape Zero.png
    1200 x 900 - 238K
    Screen Shot 2020-09-25 at 10.35.57 PM.png
    291 x 1242 - 152K
    Half Morph.png
    1200 x 900 - 149K
    Elbow Morph.png
    1200 x 900 - 125K
    Batman G3M Batman Cape.png
    1200 x 900 - 212K
    Cloak 1.png
    800 x 600 - 32K
    Cloak 2.png
    800 x 600 - 53K
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited September 2020

Incognito outfit with converted weights works well for me in Carrara. I also removed all add-ons from the coat. I also had to remake the hat and created a fast fibermesh instead of dForce fur for the hat. Rendered girl is not Genesis 8 but my own custom figure.

Incognito02.jpg
    1300 x 1300 - 885K
    Post edited by Vyusur on