Setting up items with rigid follow nodes tutorial

MadaMada Posts: 1,855
edited October 2017 in The Commons

I made a quick walkthrough on how to set up rigid follow nodes since its a great help to add buttons etc to work with dForce. :) Click on pictures to see larger.

This builds up on Josh's video on rigid follow nodes so watch that first 

Post edited by Mada on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 7,140

Thank you! 

Laurie

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Mucho gracias !!

(miss the faeriewylde terribly)  faeries drifting homelessly

• MadaMada Posts: 1,855

aaaw yes I do miss Faeriewylde... sadly keeping up the forum took more time than we had available. Glad to see you around :hug:

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,639

Thank You!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Found this thread via Google.  I'll see what I can do with this.  Thanks Mada!  XO

First tutorial on rigid follow nodes : how to set up a belt buckle :)

• ODDnodeODDnode Posts: 20
    edited July 2018

Thank you Mada for this tutorial, It was very useful! (=

Post edited by ODDnode on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,027

Thank you!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,142

Thanks so much Mada! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,050

Well done and helpful! Thanks, Mada.

• thanks a lot for this tutorial.
    instead of creating, it helped me identify and delete those pesky hard-to-delete Rigid Follow Nodes.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/288306/need-help-in-deleting-parent-objects

very helpful indeed. :)

• felisfelis Posts: 3,577

How can you save prop attached to a rigid follower node for a character (without saving the character)?

The idea is that the prop shall attach to same area for any character type, e.g. across all G8F.

I have tried both smart prop and wearable preset, but I am not able to load the rigid node and the prop therefore ends below the character on the floor.

• felis said:

How can you save prop attached to a rigid follower node for a character (without saving the character)?

The idea is that the prop shall attach to same area for any character type, e.g. across all G8F.

I have tried both smart prop and wearable preset, but I am not able to load the rigid node and the prop therefore ends below the character on the floor.

Wearables preset should work with the node and parented item checked.

• Hi Mada :) I have an outfit with rigid follow node on his stomach. That is a bigger item. I would like this item with dforce to use. But in every simulation exlodes everytime - only when the rigid item is not on his place (translate on X direction with 50centimeter). What can the problem be?

• Hi Mada :) I have an outfit with rigid follow node on his stomach. That is a bigger item. I would like this item with dforce to use. But in every simulation exlodes everytime - only when the rigid item is not on his place (translate on X direction with 50centimeter). What can the problem be?

Is there intersection between the node object and the clothign being dForced?

• no - but my problem already solved: on display tab turn off the "visible in simulation" and that's OK :)

edited April 2019

Yep - that's the solution - glad you got it figured out :)

Post edited by Mada on
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 192

Question:

I'm trying to create a rigid follow node on an OBJ object which I imported into Daz.  I select a face, and create the rigid  follow node from selected.  However, the Rigid Follow Node appears way ABOVE the entire object.  What should I check for?

Thanks,

Causam

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 192

NVM, I found the problem.  I had to use the transfer utility to fit the item to a figure. 

• functionfunction Posts: 256

Richard Haseltine said:

Wearables preset should work with the node and parented item checked.

I have the same question, how to save the rigid node and its new attachment together with the father prop as a new single asset?

For example, I used the rigid idea to attach a ball on a heel shoe cover, now I want to save it as a brand new shoe which can be shared with friends, so I saved it as a support asset/FigureProp Assets, then got these problems:

1. can not save two shoes together, it can be saved only the left one or the right one;

2. no any rigid node attached in the saved assets, nor the ball;

3. loose any wearable parameters so the foot still flat with the heel shoe deformed.

I know it can be saved as wearable preset, but this is just preset, not an independent asset, can not share it with others.

What I should do to make an independent shoe, with the ball attached?

• felisfelis Posts: 3,577
    edited April 2023

You are not allowed to share something you haven't created yourself.

That said, you need to have the shoe and the ball saved first.

Then when you create a wearable preset it will be able to load everything.

And when sharing you need to include the datafiles for the shoes and the ball (or have them as a requirement).

Post edited by felis on