Setting up items with rigid follow nodes tutorial

MadaMada Posts: 979
edited October 2017 in The Commons

I made a quick walkthrough on how to set up rigid follow nodes since its a great help to add buttons etc to work with dForce. :) Click on pictures to see larger.

This builds up on Josh's video on rigid follow nodes so watch that first 

Post edited by Mada on

Comments

• AllenArtAllenArt Posts: 4,964

Thank you! 

Laurie

• MystiarraMystiarra Posts: 35,408

Mucho gracias !!

(miss the faeriewylde terribly)  faeries drifting homelessly

• MadaMada Posts: 979

aaaw yes I do miss Faeriewylde... sadly keeping up the forum took more time than we had available. Glad to see you around :hug:

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 3,601

Thank You!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,591

Found this thread via Google.  I'll see what I can do with this.  Thanks Mada!  XO

First tutorial on rigid follow nodes : how to set up a belt buckle :)

• ODDnodeODDnode Posts: 20
    edited July 2018

Thank you Mada for this tutorial, It was very useful! (=

Post edited by ODDnode on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 11,267

Thank you!

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 9,591

Thanks so much Mada! 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 14,807

Well done and helpful! Thanks, Mada.

• thanks a lot for this tutorial.
    instead of creating, it helped me identify and delete those pesky hard-to-delete Rigid Follow Nodes.
    https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/288306/need-help-in-deleting-parent-objects

very helpful indeed. :)

• felisfelis Posts: 706

How can you save prop attached to a rigid follower node for a character (without saving the character)?

The idea is that the prop shall attach to same area for any character type, e.g. across all G8F.

I have tried both smart prop and wearable preset, but I am not able to load the rigid node and the prop therefore ends below the character on the floor.

• felis said:

How can you save prop attached to a rigid follower node for a character (without saving the character)?

The idea is that the prop shall attach to same area for any character type, e.g. across all G8F.

I have tried both smart prop and wearable preset, but I am not able to load the rigid node and the prop therefore ends below the character on the floor.

Wearables preset should work with the node and parented item checked.

• Hi Mada :) I have an outfit with rigid follow node on his stomach. That is a bigger item. I would like this item with dforce to use. But in every simulation exlodes everytime - only when the rigid item is not on his place (translate on X direction with 50centimeter). What can the problem be?

• Hi Mada :) I have an outfit with rigid follow node on his stomach. That is a bigger item. I would like this item with dforce to use. But in every simulation exlodes everytime - only when the rigid item is not on his place (translate on X direction with 50centimeter). What can the problem be?

Is there intersection between the node object and the clothign being dForced?

• no - but my problem already solved: on display tab turn off the "visible in simulation" and that's OK :)

edited April 2019

Yep - that's the solution - glad you got it figured out :)

Post edited by Mada on
  • CausamCausam Posts: 91

Question:

I'm trying to create a rigid follow node on an OBJ object which I imported into Daz.  I select a face, and create the rigid  follow node from selected.  However, the Rigid Follow Node appears way ABOVE the entire object.  What should I check for?

Thanks,

Causam

• CausamCausam Posts: 91

NVM, I found the problem.  I had to use the transfer utility to fit the item to a figure.