Linwelly's Grove

Comments

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Maybe put a little extra light for the character in the scene.

Thanks, that is something I do often in scenes when its overall dark but the character should be seen. For this one she was supposed to stay in the dark ;)

Well I think it turned out amazing!!!

Thank you very much Saphire!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    Linwelly said:

Well I think it turned out amazing!!!

Thank you very much Saphire!

your so welcome and it is true!

ok a bit of fun with the new freebie stuff,

LingQi is not excited about ugly x-mas sweater party

not-excited.png
    494 x 800 - 296K

I made a gift token for my daughter, looks almost lilke an advertisement :D

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,982

Nice! I hope your daughter will like her present!

A very happy Christmas-Time to you and your loved ones. heart

BeeMKay said:

Nice! I hope your daughter will like her present!

A very happy Christmas-Time to you and your loved ones. heart

Thanks you very much and the same to you and yours!

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742

^ very cool! She looks a bit like a fashion illustration!

(She does appear to be hovering, though cool)

@Hylas thanks a lot and you are right, she`s floating which has me baffled. I used one od the Portrait light ready sets and I had her moved up and down but the shadows kept being at the same distance from the shoes. I have to admit I´m not often using those ready sets so I might have missed tos thing I could change to avoid that, and i needed it done by now so I didn't do postwork or anything, but if you have an idea besides postwork to revent that, I´m all ears.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,742
    edited December 2019

Perhaps ground position is on automatic instead of manual (in Render Settings -> environment)?
    That's the only thing I can think of...

Post edited by Hylas on

Thanks a lot Hylas, It`s an idea I will try once I`m back at my rendering mashine

A simple strip of duct tape

copied here from what I posted in another thread so I can look it up myself some time later

Linwelly said:

something like this?

Its a primitive plane (30 cm reduced to 21% on the x scale)

added a mesh shader preset (in this case from FSL tactital shaders iray Ireay) added metallicity and gloss plus a top coat (weight 1 in light grey with high refelctivity and top coat thin film)

I'm sure there are several other options thinking about shaders.

For flexibility I added a d-former, in oder to do that I made the plane with 100 divisions. If you need it straight there is no need for d-former

now let be blow out the dust on this thread a bit *hack, hack* dang I keep forgetting to put some of my works in here

now here are some from my latest installement of Taiduo which I like very much as stanalone as well:

and

which was almost in time for CNY :D

and then there are the renders for Lola Llanes render a month, this one was for the hard annd soft challenge and I really like the result very much, I'm gion to try and turn this into a book cover

and fresh out of the press

something that is completely out of my line for the Hot and cold challenge

edited March 2020

Gimp Webinar

I will be giving another webinar, this time the topic is Gimp, how to get started and use it to make your renders even more stunning with post work. As you might know Gimp is freeware and offers a good alternative to Photoshop and other payed for programs. This two sessions webinar will give you an insight from very basic image manipulations to complex manipulations for bookcovers or graphic novels.

The first session will be on Sunday 15th of March and the second part will be one week later on Sunday 22nd of March. Starting time for both sessiond 19:00 GMT (London) 12:00 PDT (LA) 15:00 EDT (New York)

Registration and more information is here: digitalartlive.com/events/

Gimp-Webinarposter.png
    1000 x 1299 - 1M
    Post edited by Linwelly on
  • Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Congrats on the class. Shuld be great.

Gimp is so heavily talked about, this should go over big.

The Gimp webinar is now available as a tutorial on the shop:

https://www.daz3d.com/gimp-for-daz-studio-artists

• ewcarmanewcarman Posts: 180

Congratulations on your release!

Thanks a lot!

edited April 2020

here is a little tutorial about how to make a duct tape strip from a simple plane.

choose a mesh shader preset

some surface adjustments

and for the fans some more surface adjustments with the top coat

see part two

duct-tape-step1.jpg
    800 x 538 - 200K
    duct-tape-step2.jpg
    800 x 481 - 182K
    duct-tape-step3.jpg
    1696 x 1026 - 927K
    duct-tape-step4.jpg
    1001 x 729 - 429K
    duct-tape-step5.jpg
    800 x 803 - 414K
    edited April 2020

part two

just an alternanive light setting to show how it looks with different angles

for the people who want to make it move add a d-former

loves to stick to itself, like usual

safe as scene subset

duct-tape-step5b.jpg
    800 x 607 - 369K
    duct-tape-step6.jpg
    771 x 800 - 300K
    duct-tape-step7.jpg
    1021 x 787 - 377K
    duct-tape-step8.jpg
    800 x 639 - 367K
    duct-tape-step9.jpg
    800 x 551 - 236K
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Thank you so much for the tutorial @Linwelly!!!

Some new concept art for my comic, part two. this guy was waitng for the new facemask https://www.daz3d.com/cog-scifi-goggles-and-mask-with-balaclava-for-genesis-8-females

now he looks so much more what I wanted

alright, here is my contribution to May the 4th:

This is not the droid you are looking for, slightliy adapted  :D

and I can proudly say that I managed to finish the first part of my graphic novel Taiduo it got 56 episodes in total

edited June 2020

putting up some testing for fonts here for part two of my comic taiduo. Some of you might have seen this in the comic thread already, but since I have added more to it as follow up I don't wnat to fill that thread with my stuff to the brim

I need some advice from you on deciding about a font that I want to use for the next part in my comic

There are several aspects that need to be considered

1. it should be different from everbody elses font as to represent a diferent language or way to speak

2. It should be readable well enough to still enjoy it after several pages of reading it (later more people will be speaking that way

3. it is supposed to give a slight feel for arabic/persian /"oriental"

so here are some tests first one only different fonts, second includes the ides of diferent colour for the text balloons please give me your vote  ( or tell me that they are all rubbish or bad to read :D)

mahir-fonttest.jpg
    494 x 800 - 222K
    mahir-fonttest2.jpg
    494 x 800 - 227K
  • mori_mannmori_mann Posts: 1,152

I like font 1. @ is fine, too. 3 will get hard to read when there are lots of t's ;)

A different coloured baloon, but keeping the same font may not get the message that it's a different language across as well as a different font. 

mori_mann said:

I like font 1. @ is fine, too. 3 will get hard to read when there are lots of t's ;)

A different coloured baloon, but keeping the same font may not get the message that it's a different language across as well as a different font. 

Thanks a lot for the input @mori_mann  lots of things to consider and in the end probably most readers wont even notice surprise

But I still ilke having these little things with a bit of extra :D

oh I can throw in soem fishies in this thread, I posted the images on the gallery but forgot to place here

this one was done for Mermay for my comic characters

after that I got the mermaid bug again and fiddled around a lot! for Mantee (is what I call her). there is more to see of her on my dA gallery

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

I like the font in 1 and 2.  I also think the different color bubble would be good.

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,071

I agree with Daventaki- the fonts are nice but I think the different colored bubbles would also help differenciate between "languages" as well.  Nice fishy renders!