Unique Fabrics - Shaders and Merchant Resource [Commercial]

Comments

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,074

@ARTCollab

Well, I thought this was a fabulous shader pack when I bought it, but after watching the first video I realized I didn't realize how much flexibility you had included. Although I've used Studio for a long time and Iray since it was available, your video also really clarified the important Iray parameters as well. After all that, I have concluded that "fabulous" is a serious understatement for this product. I have always liked your products, but this is an amazing effort.

Thanks for taking the time for the product and the video.

• ARTCollabARTCollab Posts: 101
    fastbike1 said:

@ARTCollab

Well, I thought this was a fabulous shader pack when I bought it, but after watching the first video I realized I didn't realize how much flexibility you had included. Although I've used Studio for a long time and Iray since it was available, your video also really clarified the important Iray parameters as well. After all that, I have concluded that "fabulous" is a serious understatement for this product. I have always liked your products, but this is an amazing effort.

Thanks for taking the time for the product and the video.

blush Thank you, that was very sweet of you to say and I am so glad you enjoyed the video and found it useful heart

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451
    edited January 2020

love this product, thank you, sadly i'm unable to upload pictures from my iphone anymore and that's my main source of internet but it's definitely fun to play around with and the video was definitely helpful

21907941-73A2-4222-9796-54D18CCBED60.png
    780 x 861 - 1M
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
    dkgoose said:

love this product, thank you, sadly i'm unable to upload pictures from my iphone anymore and that's my main source of internet but it's definitely fun to play around with and the video was definitely helpful

So glad to hear! And hmm wonder why you cant upload from the iPhone. Ill have to try it later as I admit I generally use my PC rather than the cell phone so I'd not realized there was an issue. 

edited January 2020

OK so I decided to do a little challenge with myself (anyone who wants to, please feel free to play along smiley

So what I decided to do was pick 5 random pieces from my runtime (in my case with no figure loaded I just went to Wardrobe under Smart Content and picked 5 random things to see what I could do with them with this pack.

So my random choices ended up being:

Bandeau Twist Bikini for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Abigail Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s)

Artemis Moon for Genesis 3 Female(s)

dForce Alicia Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s)

War Armor for the DAZ Dragon 3

And here are my results:

For Bandeau Twist Bikini I decided to go for cute so I used the UF Flowers 01 Red Preset on the Top and Bottom Materials at a Scale of 9

For the Abigail Outfit I used the UF Pattern 08 Black Preset on the Top at a Scale of 4 and played a bit with positioning and then used the UF White Base Color Grey 01 Preset on its own on the belt (and I think I may have played with the roughness a bit and turned off Metallicity. (Had to Convert it to iRay I believe) 

For Artemis Moon I decided I wanted something more magical so I went with the UF Beaded 02 Red Preset for the Dress and Sleeves Material at a scale of 7 and then on the Long Sleeves material I played with Pattern 07 and its Transparency Maps as well as color at a scale of 20 and also played with one of the Masks for it under White Base Pattern Masks 02 (Pretty sure I had to convert this one to iRay as well) 

For dForce Alicia Outfit I decided it reminded me of Sailor Moon LOL so I had all sorts of fun with that one. Used the color presets under White Base Colors for the Blue and White and then chose a custom red and then used the White Recolor Base for Pattern 12 at a scale factor of 3 on the skirt. I also used some of the Normals as well (I think Fancy on the top and collar and verticle on the skirt pieces (I think)

On the War Armor I decided to play with the included textures in the folder so I loaded in the Mask 1 for UF Beaded 03 on the Breastplates at a scale of 5 and then played a bit with the displacement settings and displacement level and the color. 

I'd love to see what you all do with your random 5! heart

FunPlay1.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 574K
    Post edited by ARTCollab on
  • L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited January 2020

I intend to take you up on your challenge, @ARTCollab, but I was busy rendering the final image from my WIP on page 1 of this thread. If anyone is interested in seeing that image, you can find it in my Gallery: Dangerous Liaisons.

Post edited by L'Adair on

Love the guy in the background "lurking" I could think of all sorts of stories for the image! heart Really nice job! smileyheart

edited January 2020

Also of note, I am working on a Part Two to Unique Fabrics (I actually have a fair few planned) and this one I did try to encorporate something new that would lend itself to armor etc that hopefully people will like. I do plan to do one more geared towards male clothing in the future but this next one should be useful at least for certain items in that regard.  At the moment Im still working diligently on the set. 

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited January 2020

My version of the challenge.  I really enjoyed it.  It helped me learn how to use these shaders.

Outfits used and shaders applied:

dForce RockyShoo Outfit for G8F – Far Left

Dress:  Front / Back – UF White Base Hummingbird; Scale 2 x 2; White Base Pattern Masks 01; UF Hummingbird Mask 1

Pants – UF White Base Pattern 11;  Scale 20 x 20; White Base Pattern Masks 01, Pattern 11 Mask 03

Sleeves – UF White Base Pattern 11;  Scale 20 x 20; White Base Pattern Masks 01, Pattern 11 Mask 03

COG Leather Vest and Bikini for G8F – 2nd from Left

Vest Base – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 40 x 40;

Vest Shoulder – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Vest Lapels – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Vest Collar Outer – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Vest Collar Inner – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Bikini – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 0.50 x 0.75;

dForce DeNile for G8F - Middle

Dress:  Front / Back – Flower 02 Wine; Scale 2 x 2; Flowers 02 Mask 1; Pattern Masks 02, Beaded 02 Fancy Mask 01;

Dress:  Chest Band –  Alternative Normals; Square 01

dForce Azahara Outfit for G8F – 2nd from Right

Dress – Flower 03; Scale 6 x 6;

Bikini Top – Beaded 02 White; Scale 01 x 01

Belt – Beaded 03 White; Scale 7 x 7

Boots – Beaded 03 White; Scale 9 x 9

dForce Playtime Chills Outfit for G8F – far right

Top - Pattern 1 Grey; 9 x 9 scale; Pattern Mask 02 Fancy Mask 2;

Tights - Pattern 3 White; 7 x 7 scale; Transparency 5; Pattern 03 Mask A

Scarf – Pattern 10 White;  8 x 8 scale

Hat – not applied

Boots – not applied

Unique Fabric Shaders Test 1.png
    1500 x 1200 - 724K
    Post edited by Kismet2012 on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

I needed a break, thank you for this! I dug into my runtime and picked out five outfits that offered challenges or a chance to change their original usage to something else. For one outfit that had metal and jeweled aspects, I had to go to other shader packs to upgrade it from 3Delight to Iray. I also tried to keep track of what I used, but lost track, even when working on separate pieces of an outfit.)

Left to Right:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-flared-layer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

(I wanted to take this casual outfit to a dressier one. Just before I rendered, I changed the blouse again. It had been a white/grey pattern and the masks just didn’t do very much, so I upped the color.)

Jacket: UF Beaded 2; Beaded Mask 3; Beaded Mask 2; Scale 15 x 15

Blouse: UF Beaded 2; Art Patten Mask 2A: Pattern Mask 2; Scale 40 x 40; I lowered the cutout opacity of the skirt to the blouse down to 0.

Pants: UF Beaded 2; Scale 40 x 40

https://www.daz3d.com/penny-dreadfull-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

Blouse and Skirt: UF Pattern 4; Pattern 4 Mask 2; Pattern 4 Mask 3; Normal Square 3; Scale 15 x 15

Lace: UF White Base Grey 01

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-1920s-evening-gown-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

(I wanted to try for another style than an evening gown, lost the little jacket. Came up with a 1970s vibe sundress.)

Dress: UF ART Flower 02 Tan; Flower Mask 2; Flower Mask 3; Scale 5 x 5; I used the horizontal offset for the bottom and top bands to try to match the pattern as best as possible.

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-teagan-hd-for-victoria-7-and-lf-faux-corset

Corset: UF ART Pattern 12R; White base color purple 06; scale 30 x 30

Skirt and Lacing: Changed color only: UF White base color grey 07.

Panties: UF ART Pattern 12R; White base color purple 06; scale 30 x 30

https://www.daz3d.com/dakota-for-a3

This outfit has a number of items, I used only two and even those had a large number of material zones. And I can remember my younger sister wearing things like this in the 1970s as well.

Pants and Belt Loops: UF Art Pattern 01 Blue; Scale 4 x 4

Pants Belt: UF White Base Color Orange 02; Normals UF Square 2

Pants Belt Buckle: https://www.daz3d.com/elaborate-metals-iray-shaders

Shader 20; Scaled 30 x 30; Stone: https://www.daz3d.com/uhd-minerals--shaders-and-merchant-resource Mineral N

Pants Conchos: https://www.daz3d.com/elaborate-metals-iray-shaders

Shader 20; Scaled 30 x 30;

Top: UF Art Pattern 07 Dark Coral; Scale 4 x 4

Lacing: UF White Base Color Grey 01

Shader Challenge.png
    1294 x 800 - 679K

My version of the challenge.  I really enjoyed it.  It helped me learn how to use these shaders.

Outfits used and shaders applied:

dForce RockyShoo Outfit for G8F – Far Left

Dress:  Front / Back – UF White Base Hummingbird; Scale 2 x 2; White Base Pattern Masks 01; UF Hummingbird Mask 1

Pants – UF White Base Pattern 11;  Scale 20 x 20; White Base Pattern Masks 01, Pattern 11 Mask 03

Sleeves – UF White Base Pattern 11;  Scale 20 x 20; White Base Pattern Masks 01, Pattern 11 Mask 03

COG Leather Vest and Bikini for G8F – 2nd from Left

Vest Base – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 40 x 40;

Vest Shoulder – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Vest Lapels – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Vest Collar Outer – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Vest Collar Inner – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 1 x 1;

Bikini – Peacock Blue 2; Scale 0.50 x 0.75;

dForce DeNile for G8F - Middle

Dress:  Front / Back – Flower 02 Wine; Scale 2 x 2; Flowers 02 Mask 1; Pattern Masks 02, Beaded 02 Fancy Mask 01;

Dress:  Chest Band –  Alternative Normals; Square 01

dForce Azahara Outfit for G8F – 2nd from Right

Dress – Flower 03; Scale 6 x 6;

Bikini Top – Beaded 02 White; Scale 01 x 01

Belt – Beaded 03 White; Scale 7 x 7

Boots – Beaded 03 White; Scale 9 x 9

dForce Playtime Chills Outfit for G8F – far right

Top - Pattern 1 Grey; 9 x 9 scale; Pattern Mask 02 Fancy Mask 2;

Tights - Pattern 3 White; 7 x 7 scale; Transparency 5; Pattern 03 Mask A

Scarf – Pattern 10 White;  8 x 8 scale

Hat – not applied

Boots – not applied

I didnt recognize that first outfit. I thought it was a Kimono set LOL Talk about changing the look entirely there WOW LOL I really really like the next two in as well. I had a lot of fun moving some of the stuff around using the Horizontal and Vertical Offsets trying to get specific elements right in a certain place etc. Looks like you were playing with that too on the Peacock one and the middle one sort of reminds me of like a vacation outfit or maybe a sort of a Hawiian looking outfit (or maybe even a bit Egyptian) Very cool! 

I needed a break, thank you for this! I dug into my runtime and picked out five outfits that offered challenges or a chance to change their original usage to something else. For one outfit that had metal and jeweled aspects, I had to go to other shader packs to upgrade it from 3Delight to Iray. I also tried to keep track of what I used, but lost track, even when working on separate pieces of an outfit.)

Left to Right:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-flared-layer-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

(I wanted to take this casual outfit to a dressier one. Just before I rendered, I changed the blouse again. It had been a white/grey pattern and the masks just didn’t do very much, so I upped the color.)

Jacket: UF Beaded 2; Beaded Mask 3; Beaded Mask 2; Scale 15 x 15

Blouse: UF Beaded 2; Art Patten Mask 2A: Pattern Mask 2; Scale 40 x 40; I lowered the cutout opacity of the skirt to the blouse down to 0.

Pants: UF Beaded 2; Scale 40 x 40

https://www.daz3d.com/penny-dreadfull-outfit-for-genesis-2-female-s

Blouse and Skirt: UF Pattern 4; Pattern 4 Mask 2; Pattern 4 Mask 3; Normal Square 3; Scale 15 x 15

Lace: UF White Base Grey 01

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-1920s-evening-gown-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

(I wanted to try for another style than an evening gown, lost the little jacket. Came up with a 1970s vibe sundress.)

Dress: UF ART Flower 02 Tan; Flower Mask 2; Flower Mask 3; Scale 5 x 5; I used the horizontal offset for the bottom and top bands to try to match the pattern as best as possible.

https://www.daz3d.com/fwsa-teagan-hd-for-victoria-7-and-lf-faux-corset

Corset: UF ART Pattern 12R; White base color purple 06; scale 30 x 30

Skirt and Lacing: Changed color only: UF White base color grey 07.

Panties: UF ART Pattern 12R; White base color purple 06; scale 30 x 30

https://www.daz3d.com/dakota-for-a3

This outfit has a number of items, I used only two and even those had a large number of material zones. And I can remember my younger sister wearing things like this in the 1970s as well.

Pants and Belt Loops: UF Art Pattern 01 Blue; Scale 4 x 4

Pants Belt: UF White Base Color Orange 02; Normals UF Square 2

Pants Belt Buckle: https://www.daz3d.com/elaborate-metals-iray-shaders

Shader 20; Scaled 30 x 30; Stone: https://www.daz3d.com/uhd-minerals--shaders-and-merchant-resource Mineral N

Pants Conchos: https://www.daz3d.com/elaborate-metals-iray-shaders

Shader 20; Scaled 30 x 30;

Top: UF Art Pattern 07 Dark Coral; Scale 4 x 4

Lacing: UF White Base Color Grey 01

Yours are really fun too. The first reminds me of sort of like a 1950s sort of feel. I really love the jacket on that one especially. And the next one suits that style dress really well I think. IDK that I would have come up with that but it looks very victorian and the color choices look really good on that one. (You did a nice job custom coloring it to fit the time period). And last but not least may I just say Id not ever thought of doing jeans with it. That is also very cool...I may have to try that smiley

edited January 2020

Another little tip/trick is you can have some fun with these fabrics on GeoShells with the transmaps as well. I've been experimenting with that a little today and you can get some really wild looks or some pretty quick like pantyhose/lacy glove sort of looks. Just set the cutout on everything but the arms/legs (or torso depending) to cutout 0 so they disapear and then you can have some lacy fun smiley And technically you could geoshell the clothing too to experiment between two Id think too (though Ive not played with that yet LOL) 

Also of note gitika1 was nice enough to message me and mention that if you want to independantly scale the Alt Normals just click on the image where it says Normals and use Image Editor and then you can scale that separately from the tiling on the rest of the piece so TY to gitika1 for letting me know that heart I knew there was a way but I couldn't for the life of me recall how LOL 

I'll probably include all these tips/ tricks either in an extra video or in the video for the next set LOL

TileIndependantly.JPG
    864 x 342 - 50K

For those interested you still have a few days to catch it on sale: https://www.daz3d.com/unique-fabrics-shaders-and-merchant-resource

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    ARTCollab said:

For those interested you still have a few days to catch it on sale: https://www.daz3d.com/unique-fabrics-shaders-and-merchant-resource

Picked it up today, thanks so much!  I look forward to experimenting with it.

• Td3dTd3d Posts: 412
    edited January 2020
    ARTCollab said:

And since I've gotten some questions from a couple places in regards to the merchant resource part of this..I thought I would put the answers here:

This pack currently has only one restriction: That you not create a competing shader pack with it.

So for those wondering if you can use the tiles in your packs as part of clothing sets etc, you can (I did not want to put a ton of restrictions on things). What I ask is that, when deciding how to use the set, you add value to what it is you do with it in some way. I don't want to require people bake the textures to use them (though it is a preference..it isn't a requirement). My only request is that, when you use them, you use the tiles in such a way that doesn't devalue this set or make it irrelevent to purchase it.

I wanted to try to leave this as open as possible since, especially in the case of the masks, there are TONS of ways they can be used that would in no way harm this set or devalue it. This is also my first shader set and my first merchant resource of this type so I wasn't sure how people would possibly want to use them and didn't want to limit anyone's creativity. 

I may change or tweak requirements of future sets if issues come up with this first set that I didnt forsee, but this set is pretty open to using the tiles as you deem most useful to you. As always, when in doubt, please ask. I'll be more than happy to answer any specific questions anyone has heart

Firstly, what a beautiful set. As for an MR, what a beautiful one also. I honestly think if one was going to use this as a resourse, they, like myself, would more than likely use the tiles from this set as a basis for a formula (FilterForge) to use to create a smart material (3dCoat), Marvelous Designer, etc. I belive that would be the safest bet (correct me where wrong), as the outcome is a "texture mat" and not a tileable item. That aside, This is a great set. The examples above really show it off. Thanks for your efforts in creating/providing these.

Post edited by Td3d on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited January 2020
    Sheetz03pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 366K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2020

One more render, using one of the available drape morphs.

Sheetz04pic01.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 302K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited January 2020

... and with different drape. I really like, how these shaders looks on Jepe's clothes.

Sheetz05pic02.jpg
    1000 x 1200 - 301K
    Post edited by Artini on

Five Outfits Challenge

Left to right:

Jeanz Skirt Outfit for G3F
    UF Pattern 07 TR3

I applied the White Tricot product materials to the top as my base. I then used the TR3 on the Cutout Opacity channel for the body and sleeves material zones. I also changed the Normal Map for those zones to the Pattern 07 normals. There is an overall light blue Metal Flakes, but I didn't use any maps for that.

Skirt
    UF Beaded 02

I used MSK3 for both Diffuse Overlay and Top Coat, as well as the Beaded 02 normal in Top Coat, leaving the original light blue textures intact, to create a patterned jeans fabric. UF map tiling was set to 2 in the Image Editor

Belt
    UF Pattern 07 AO

I used the AO image from Pattern 07 in the Base Bump parameter with a strength of 5, Tiling it separately at 5 using the Image Editor.

Additional detail images:

dForce Evening Cheer Dress for G8F
    Dress
    UF Pattern 01 Red
    UF Flowers 03 Black
    UF Flowers 03 Transparency 3

Panties
    UF Pattern 01 Red
    Alt Normal Horizontal Stripe, (Waistband)

Bracelet and shoe straps
    UF Pattern 01 Black
    UF Pattern 01 Red, (in Metallic Flakes Color parameter)

dForce Long Sleeve Cheongsam for G8F
    Dress and shoes
    UF Pattern 05 Green

To create the contrasting trim, I used the original materials to create a transparency map in Photoshop for those areas of both the dress and the shoes. I added a geometry shell to both objects, applied the original materials to the shells, and applied the transmap to those materials. In the Parameters tab, I hid any zone that didn't use the transmap, and then applied a shade of green to the base color to coordinate the trim with the pattern color on the actual mesh, as well as adjusting the Shell offset to bring the trim closer to the mesh.

Little Black and White Dress for G3F
    Dress: Bodice and Skirt
    UF Pattern 11 White
    Dress: Accents
    UF White Base Pattern 11
    UF White Base Color Red 02

Tiled at 4.

Shoes and Bag
    UF White Base Pattern 9
    Metal Flakes using Pattern 11 MSK4

dForce City Limits Outfit for G8F
    Shoes, no change
    Jeans and Bag
    UF White Base Beaded 01

UF White Base Beaded 03

With both clothing items, I started with a white base and then experimented from there. I manually added images to various parameters until I liked the effect, and with the shirt, I also added the blue to the Base Color. Once I was happy with the materials on the jeans, I copied one of the material zones and pasted that to the body of the bag. I then adjusted the tiles until the bag and jeans appeared to have the same scale.

(No addtional images.)

Kharma said:
    ARTCollab said:

Picked it up today, thanks so much!  I look forward to experimenting with it.

Please let me know if you have any questions at all or any suggestions smiley and TY for your purchase heart

Td3d said:
    ARTCollab said:

And since I've gotten some questions from a couple places in regards to the merchant resource part of this..I thought I would put the answers here:

This pack currently has only one restriction: That you not create a competing shader pack with it.

So for those wondering if you can use the tiles in your packs as part of clothing sets etc, you can (I did not want to put a ton of restrictions on things). What I ask is that, when deciding how to use the set, you add value to what it is you do with it in some way. I don't want to require people bake the textures to use them (though it is a preference..it isn't a requirement). My only request is that, when you use them, you use the tiles in such a way that doesn't devalue this set or make it irrelevent to purchase it.

I wanted to try to leave this as open as possible since, especially in the case of the masks, there are TONS of ways they can be used that would in no way harm this set or devalue it. This is also my first shader set and my first merchant resource of this type so I wasn't sure how people would possibly want to use them and didn't want to limit anyone's creativity. 

I may change or tweak requirements of future sets if issues come up with this first set that I didnt forsee, but this set is pretty open to using the tiles as you deem most useful to you. As always, when in doubt, please ask. I'll be more than happy to answer any specific questions anyone has heart

Firstly, what a beautiful set. As for an MR, what a beautiful one also. I honestly think if one was going to use this as a resourse, they, like myself, would more than likely use the tiles from this set as a basis for a formula (FilterForge) to use to create a smart material (3dCoat), Marvelous Designer, etc. I belive that would be the safest bet (correct me where wrong), as the outcome is a "texture mat" and not a tileable item. That aside, This is a great set. The examples above really show it off. Thanks for your efforts in creating/providing these.

I would generally agree and I know a few have asked me about using these with Filter Forger. I generally use Substance Painter so you can make a material ball in there for use with these as well. Please let me know if you have any questions or any suggestions on things you would like to see in the future. This was my first set so as I go I am trying to expand on their usefulness. 

Artini said:

... and with different drape. I really like, how these shaders looks on Jepe's clothes.

I really love all three of these smiley I know I used them on a lot of PandyGirl's clothes as well with really nice results. I think this set (and probably the next) are suited best towards flowy sort of evening wear. That said the next set has a few surprises in it that hopefully people will really like. When I get closer to finishing it I'll post a sneak peek in here smiley

Very very pretty! I really loved the flow of the cloth the way you did it in all 3 renders. 

L'Adair said:

Five Outfits Challenge

Left to right:

Jeanz Skirt Outfit for G3F
    UF Pattern 07 TR3

I applied the White Tricot product materials to the top as my base. I then used the TR3 on the Cutout Opacity channel for the body and sleeves material zones. I also changed the Normal Map for those zones to the Pattern 07 normals. There is an overall light blue Metal Flakes, but I didn't use any maps for that.

Skirt
    UF Beaded 02

I used MSK3 for both Diffuse Overlay and Top Coat, as well as the Beaded 02 normal in Top Coat, leaving the original light blue textures intact, to create a patterned jeans fabric. UF map tiling was set to 2 in the Image Editor

Belt
    UF Pattern 07 AO

I used the AO image from Pattern 07 in the Base Bump parameter with a strength of 5, Tiling it separately at 5 using the Image Editor.

dForce Evening Cheer Dress for G8F
    Dress
    UF Pattern 01 Red
    UF Flowers 03 Black
    UF Flowers 03 Transparency 3

Panties
    UF Pattern 01 Red
    Alt Normal Horizontal Stripe, (Waistband)

Bracelet and shoe straps
    UF Pattern 01 Black
    UF Pattern 01 Red, (in Metallic Flakes Color parameter)

dForce Long Sleeve Cheongsam for G8F
    Dress and shoes
    UF Pattern 05 Green

To create the contrasting trim, I used the original materials to create a transparency map in Photoshop for those areas of both the dress and the shoes. I added a geometry shell to both objects, applied the original materials to the shells, and applied the transmap to those materials. In the Parameters tab, I hid any zone that didn't use the transmap, and then applied a shade of green to the base color to coordinate the trim with the pattern color on the actual mesh, as well as adjusting the Shell offset to bring the trim closer to the mesh.

Little Black and White Dress for G3F
    Dress: Bodice and Skirt
    UF Pattern 11 White
    Dress: Accents
    UF White Base Pattern 11

Tiled at 4.

Shoes and Bag
    UF White Base Pattern 9
    Metal Flakes using Pattern 11 MSK4

dForce City Limits Outfit for G8F
    Shoes, no change
    Jeans and Bag
    UF White Base Beaded 01

UF White Base Beaded 03

With both clothing items, I started with a white base and then experimented from there. I manually added images to various parameters until I liked the effect, and with the shirt, I also added the blue to the Base Color. Once I was happy with the materials on the jeans, I copied one of the material zones and pasted that to the body of the bag. I then adjusted the tiles until the bag and jeans appeared to have the same scale.

(No addtional images.)

WOW really nice! I love how you did the breakdowns and the closeups (I completely missed you used it on the belt but I really liked that in the closeup!) And again with Jean...I really need to play with that. smiley I really love all of them..they are all very pretty heart (or very fun as is the case with the first and the last one which have this fun energetic look to them) Thanks so much for sharing them heart

Thanks a lot for the comments, ARTCollab.

edited January 2020
    ARTCollab said:

WOW really nice! I love how you did the breakdowns and the closeups (I completely missed you used it on the belt but I really liked that in the closeup!) And again with Jean...I really need to play with that. smiley I really love all of them..they are all very pretty heart (or very fun as is the case with the first and the last one which have this fun energetic look to them) Thanks so much for sharing them heart

@ARTCollab, I love this set, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more sets, especially with patterns suited to men's clothing, (ties, cumberbunds, Hawaiian shirts, etc.) The fact that these patterns are all unique and not something purchased from a stock image site is not lost on me. Kudos. (And such artistic talent!)

Another thing I really love about these sets is the ease of applying things beyond the presets. The organization of each pattern in it's own folder makes it really easy to switch maps around and get completely different results. (Like I did with the Jeanz skirt, belt and shirt.) To illustrate the flexibility, I applied some of these shaders to several necklace objects from my runtime. With these, I also used other sets, like Bea Griffs What Nots 1 & 2, (no longer available in the store!) and my newly acquired Industrial Steel shaders. Some of the metal is the original shader, but with normals/bumps from other sets to add texture.

Each image shows the original textures on the left and my modifications on the right.

Product: Lion Queen for Genesis Female

Lion Queen Necklace For Genesis

Product: LoveSpell for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Lovespell Necklace For G8f

Product: dForce Necklaces MR (Two images)

Dforce Necklace For G8f Asian Pendant

Dforce Necklace For G8f Disk Pendant

Product: dForce Blooms of Lace for G8F

Blooms Of Lace Necklace For G8f

(This was without dForce Simulation. Oops.) ETA: The tiling on the ribbon is 4:1. I used that particular pattern with Horizontal Tiles: 20; Vertical Tiles: 5.

Product names link to those products, Images link to full-size images. All links open in a new window/tab.

Post edited by L'Adair on
    L'Adair said:
    ARTCollab said:

@ARTCollab, I love this set, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more sets, especially with patterns suited to men's clothing, (ties, cumberbunds, Hawaiian shirts, etc.) The fact that these patterns are all unique and not something purchased from a stock image site is not lost on me. Kudos. (And such artistic talent!)

Another thing I really love about these sets is the ease of applying things beyond the presets. The organization of each pattern in it's own folder makes it really easy to switch maps around and get completely different results. (Like I did with the Jeanz skirt, belt and shirt.) To illustrate the flexibility, I applied some of these shaders to several necklace objects from my runtime. With these, I also used other sets, like Bea Griffs What Nots 1 & 2, (no longer available in the store!) and my newly acquired Industrial Steel shaders. Some of the metal is the original shader, but with normals/bumps from other sets to add texture.

Each image shows the original textures on the left and my modifications on the right.

Product: Lion Queen for Genesis Female

Lion Queen Necklace For Genesis

Product: LoveSpell for Genesis 8 Female(s)

Lovespell Necklace For G8f

Product: dForce Necklaces MR (Two images)

Dforce Necklace For G8f Asian Pendant

Dforce Necklace For G8f Disk Pendant

Product: dForce Blooms of Lace for G8F

Blooms Of Lace Necklace For G8f

(This was without dForce Simulation. Oops.) ETA: The tiling on the ribbon is 4:1. I used that particular pattern with Horizontal Tiles: 20; Vertical Tiles: 5.

Product names link to those products, Images link to full-size images. All links open in a new window/tab.

First off Thank you very much that was very sweet of you to say heart 

On the necklaces...WOW. I wouldn't have thought of that either and they all look really different from the originals and unique. I like them they all came out really gorgeous heartheart

@ARTCollab, You're welcome.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

@L'Adair, I was on my phone when I saw your jewerly shader pictures and even on the small screen, WOW! 

And you put an idea in my head, but I had to get home to open DAZ Studio. My thought had been flowers, but when I opened up Props\Landscapes\Plants I ran into trees, green trees. And I remembered so many posts where folks wished there was a way to color leaves to look like a tree was gradually turning from summer to fall, or the complaint that no tree has perfect green leaves. I loaded Whitemagus's Maple Trees, 12m and found it had two sets of leaves. 

Leaves-Dark1: Art Flower 2, Art Flower Mask 1,  Art Flower Mask 2.

Leaves-Dark3: Art Pattern 6, Art Pattern Mask 1, Art Pattern Mask 3.

So I have a tree, and a closeup of the leaves where you can see the pattern.

Mary

Whitemagus Maple Tree.png
    800 x 800 - 695K
    Whitemagus Maple Tree Closeup.png
    800 x 800 - 1M

@memcneil70, Thank you.

Those trees are just a bit more than crazy, close up. Wild for a fantasy render! Love it! (I can see that on a tree next to the chair from A Curious Bus Stop…)