It's Raining Men 2019 is Now Over! Winners Announced!

Comments

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2020

OMG! I think you guys are awesome for doing this. And I think I just figured out what you're going to give away.

I put a lot of effort into it during the last few days. It started out with I'll just do a couple of... (it's still a semi-surprise so leaving it blank)... but then I continued to build upon it and add more until earlier today, lol. By which time Alberto (my brother and work partner) told me to wrap it up already lol.

Sounds intriguing and I think I might have guessed. Not sure. It's a shame I never enter my own contest. lol. Someone better do some renders when they get it and show it off. Send me a link or, better yet, post to this thread when the contest is over and you use it! I would love to see.

Of course we are also planning to send you and everyone who donated prizes the freebie link ;). So hopefully it will be of use to you!

Very cool! I'm sure I and everyone who gets it can make good use of it. :)

Okay folks! The Annual It's Raining Men Contest is now closed! Say good-bye to 2019! Happy New Year!

I'll post here once the voting thread is reading. @FenixPhoenix I'll be PMing you soon to go over logistics and stuff for the Storytelling category. :)

Post edited by Knittingmommy on
  • Oh, crap. was havng a bit of trouble uploading my last entry, and, well, c'est la vie.

Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year.

• Oh, crap. was havng a bit of trouble uploading my last entry, and, well, c'est la vie.

Good luck to everyone and Happy New Year.

I kind of figured. It was so close that I'm going to allow the entry to stand. Having up loading issues with the forum is kind of common. Considering how close it was to the deadline, I'm not going to disqualify it.

• evilded777evilded777 Posts: 2,440

Well, I didn't make it this year.  Its been a busy one, the last quarter more than most.  Good luck everyone, and I hope to see you next time.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,136

Well I'm rally sad that I didn't get the time to join in this year - I started two pieces at the end of November but never got them finished - where did December go?

Anyway I've enjoyed looking at everyone's entries: the judging will certainly be hard this year. Happy New Year and best of luck to everyone who entered (you must be more organised than me!)

edited January 2020

I've got a cold and am taking meds so I hope this post is coherent. With all the glitches when it came to trying to post images to the forums this month, I've decided to be a little lenient with the deadline. Posts cross and new users may not know exactly when the contest officially ends. I've now made another post in the Entry thread cutting off any further entries. The contest for this year is officially closed. All the images above my last post officially not accepting any further entries are in.

It looks like we had a good turnout. All the entries look good. I'm going to take a day to try and kick this cold and then I'll go through the process of sorting through all the images into categories, filling out my spreadsheet and seeing what new surprises SurveyMonkey has for me. I'll post here when the survey thread is live. So watch for any updates from me. Once it goes live, the voting thread will be open for two weeks.

As always, I'll try to post stats about number of entries and all that good stuff. Thank you for taking the time to enter the contest and for hanging out in the discussion thread. It makes me happy to know this contest is still something people enjoy participating in. Running this contest is my way of giving back to the Daz3d community. Even though I haven't been as active this year do to my writing, I still love to get into Daz Studio and losing myself in setting up a scene and creating something. Being able to share that joy with all of you is a pleasure.

I get a lot of thanks for running this contest and I appreciate knowing my time has value, but this contest wouldn't work without all of you, those who donated prizes, those who entered, and those who cheered everyone else on. Thank you for taking your time to make your entries and submit them to the contest. Thank you to all the prize donors. Thank you to all who helped keep the discussion thread visible.

It's pure pleasure to be able to look through the thread (which I have to do multiple times this next week!), knowing each of you put a little of yourselves into your work.

That's it. I'm going to take a nap before I get all sappy! Happy New Year, everyone!

• Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

I've said it before, but it's worth saying many times. This is one of my all time favorite contests, and I sure hope it will be back next year once more :) You have done great KM, hope you will feel better soon! 

Many thanks to KM and all the sponsors, as well as good luck to all who entered!

/Carola

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

I would liek to thank KM for hosting this contest and for the PA's who have sponcered it this year as well in past years!!

Happy New Year and gl to all who entered!!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,210

I would liek to thank KM for hosting this contest and for the PA's who have sponcered it this year as well in past years!!

Happy New Year and gl to all who entered!!

I was just going to make a similar post, so...

+1heart

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2020
    Chohole said:

I have an idea for a third entry, but...
    The ToS state "Posts, threads, and images MUST NOT contain ANY nudity, violence, or profanity." - my main character is naked, except for a sword, since it's a NMIATWAS picture.
    However, Richard's Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity thread seems to indicate that as long as the hairy-dangly bits are  "...screened by solid scenery and props in the scene..." it might be okay.
    So... would a hand held, in an embarrassed manner, over the part in question be sufficient* ? His hand is definitely solid and it's definitely screening the aforementioned bits (which aren't actually there anyway since he's the basic no-gen M4), but his hand is neither scenery nor prop.
    I've already done a small render of my basic idea, which I'd like somebody to check for okay-or-not-ness - so who can do that ?
    (But I've noticed that ! can't attach a picture to a PM, so how do I let the tos-okay-or-not-ness-checker see the test render ?)

*I've tried other options: giving him underwear; having him use a buckler to conceal his embarrassmenrt; and having a candlestick in the foreground. But I don't think any of those work quite as well.

You'd have to ask Richard, but I think maybe, maybe not. It seems to me I recall a discussion which said holding hands in front of said areas was not enough so I don't know. Richard would be the definitive person to ask though.

Richard states, in his thread on the subject :-

• there must be opaque clothing of some kind over the area, or it must be screened by solid scenery and props in the scene:

Which means no hands, I'm guessing, @3dcheapskate. You'll need some type of prop.

Too late for the contest now but I've just had an idea.

Instead of using his left hand to conceal the offending dangly bits (the 'toast' if I recall correctly?), he's holding a prop in his left hand and using that to conceal the toast. That's a fairly standard solution that I think meets the criteria in Richard's thread.

But let's make the prop that he's holding be...
    ...the left hand of a statue of a naked man who's using his left hand to conceal his toast !

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • Chohole said:

The ToS state "Posts, threads, and images MUST NOT contain ANY nudity, violence, or profanity." - my main character is naked, except for a sword, since it's a NMIATWAS picture.
    However, Richard's Acceptable Ways of Handling Nudity thread seems to indicate that as long as the hairy-dangly bits are  "...screened by solid scenery and props in the scene..." it might be okay.
    So... would a hand held, in an embarrassed manner, over the part in question be sufficient* ? His hand is definitely solid and it's definitely screening the aforementioned bits (which aren't actually there anyway since he's the basic no-gen M4), but his hand is neither scenery nor prop.
    I've already done a small render of my basic idea, which I'd like somebody to check for okay-or-not-ness - so who can do that ?
    (But I've noticed that ! can't attach a picture to a PM, so how do I let the tos-okay-or-not-ness-checker see the test render ?)

*I've tried other options: giving him underwear; having him use a buckler to conceal his embarrassmenrt; and having a candlestick in the foreground. But I don't think any of those work quite as well.

You'd have to ask Richard, but I think maybe, maybe not. It seems to me I recall a discussion which said holding hands in front of said areas was not enough so I don't know. Richard would be the definitive person to ask though.

• there must be opaque clothing of some kind over the area, or it must be screened by solid scenery and props in the scene:

Which means no hands, I'm guessing, @3dcheapskate. You'll need some type of prop.

Instead of using his left hand to conceal the offending dangly bits (the 'toast' if I recall correctly?), he's holding a prop in his left hand and using that to conceal the toast. That's a fairly standard solution that I think meets the criteria in Richard's thread.

...the left hand of a statue of a naked man who's using his left hand to conceal his toast !

I want to see this.
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Yes, thanks once again

• Chohole said:

I suppose that metapasses the test.

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235

KM, you do brilliant stuff! I enjoy it, thank you.

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

Sorry to read about your cold, hope you'll feel better soon!

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited January 2020

Too late for the contest, but NMIATWAS is now available in a DAZ gallery/forum-compliant flavour, called 'version 2' - https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/5224321/#Comment_5224321

And of course, a big thank you to KnittingMommy for organizing the whole contest - hope you kick that cold !
    Not forgetting all the sponsors and contestants - without you the contest would be a pointless, prizeless challenge...

...all of which gives me an idea wink

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • Sorry for the delay. I'm over my cold now and starting the process of downloading all the images and setting up my spreadsheet. I should have a voting thread up by the end of the week. I'll post a link when it goes live.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

Thanks, that is so much work!

• kimhkimh Posts: 386

I think I caught your cold...lol. Looking forward to the voting when you get there

@Knittingmommy

You Rock!!!

• kimh said:

I think I caught your cold...lol. Looking forward to the voting when you get there

Oh no! Voting thread soon. Should be live by sometimes late Friday night or sometime Saturday.

@Knittingmommy

You Rock!!!

Now, I'm blushing. :)

• @Knittingmommy You don't rock, you SPREADSHEET. It's like paper, so it beats ROCK, and SCISSORS can't cut it, so it wins there as well.

...ummm, yeah... KM, You

ROCK!!!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Still being patient waiting for voting thread laugh

• Just updating. I hit a couple of technical snags, but the voting thread is almost done. It should definitely be live by tomorrow evening. I'll post the link when it goes live. Sorry for the delay everyone!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

I see that the voting thread will open momentarily and that comments are to go in this thread.  Good luck to all participants.  Wonderful set of entries.  Thanks yet again, KM.

• Good morning, everyone! The voting thread is now open. I'm sorry it took so long. I ended up pulling an all nighter last night to get it finished. Have I mentioned I really hate spreadsheets at times? Ugh! I'm running on fumes at the moment. Here is the link to the voting thread: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/378736/voting-thread-now-open

Please keep all comments and disccussions in this thread. Once you've voted, I'd appreciate it if you could come back here and let me know you voted. It's required but much appreciated.

Also, please look at the list of categories. If you think your entry should be listed in a category and it's not, PM pronto so I can fix it. Not all images were tagged clearly so I did the best I could. If anyone has any questions, drop me a PM and I'll see what I can do once I've gotten some sleep.

Again, I'm really sorry this took so long. Between the spreadsheet and SurveyMonkey, I had a few glitches to sort out.

So numbers! We had 113 entries this year! That's a little down from last year, but not by much. Thank you all for making this a great contest. Good luck, everyone!

edited January 2020

Awesome galley of images! Nice job everyone!

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,823

Voted, it was Hard to decide which ones to vote for you, they were all really nice! Well done everyone!!

edited January 2020

Gah! I'll take a look! Thanks!

Edit: Link to 16 fixed