Interactive License?

191011121315»

Comments

• nmargie_d65db43582nmargie_d65db43582 Posts: 156
    edited October 2018
    Chohole said:

Woody

2. If you are selling a product that allows the end user to strip the moedling data. For example a 3d game.

As far as I remember, you are obligated to "protect" the meshes in such a case... Would a sort of encrypted packaging be enough for that, or what would be required?

(And how should your program access these encrypted files then - I'd guess having the encryption-code in the exe might be considered risky nowadays, too?)

The mesh needs to be protected in such a way as to prevent anyone stripping it out of the game. The is noted in the license -

3.0 Interactive License Addendum

*snipped* User may not in any case: publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any CRT Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the CRT Content can be separately exported, extracted, or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.

I used the word allow, maybe a better why would have been. If possible You are not going to be able to preventing people taking models. People take the models from AAA games all the time. The sad truth is if you have the code to encrypt the data then others have the code to decrypt it Also I miss spoke the first time on 3D printing. You can print for personal use jyst not for commercial
    Post edited by nmargie_d65db43582 on
  • Chohole said:

Woody

2. If you are selling a product that allows the end user to strip the moedling data. For example a 3d game.

As far as I remember, you are obligated to "protect" the meshes in such a case... Would a sort of encrypted packaging be enough for that, or what would be required?

(And how should your program access these encrypted files then - I'd guess having the encryption-code in the exe might be considered risky nowadays, too?)

The mesh needs to be protected in such a way as to prevent anyone stripping it out of the game. The is noted in the license -

3.0 Interactive License Addendum

*snipped* User may not in any case: publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any CRT Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the CRT Content can be separately exported, extracted, or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.

I used the word allow, maybe a better why would have been. If possible You are not going to be able to preventing people taking models. People take the models from AAA games all the time. The sad truth is if you have the code to encrypt the data then others have the code to decrypt it Also I miss spoke the first time on 3D printing. You can print for personal use jyst not for commercial

That's why I asked - I wanted to know what sort of encryption would be deemed sufficient...

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I guess Daz 3d  or maybe a forum member who is a games making expert, would be the best ones to answer that question.  It's not something the the general run of forum members would know much about imo

• bluejauntebluejaunte Posts: 1,861

I seem to be in the minority with the following opinion:

People rip stuff from games mostly because they get a kick out of using their favorite characters for personal stuff. A tiny market seems to cater to this, rips and illegally sells this content to those who don't want to rip on their own, which is a bit technical. Or it is shared for free. This is an absolute none-issue for Daz content because there is a way easier way to get it for free: pirating. Our content is shared illegally on pirate sites around the world, just like any digital content in existence. The content for a popular game is only available through ripping. Daz content can also be had for cheap in the Daz store, a free end user centric application can be used to easily play around with the content. The notion that anyone would instead rip the same easily available stuff from a game is such a niche inside a niche inside a niche scenario that having an interactive license that is supposed to cover that unlikely case seems really bewildering to me.

If the real reason for the license is another one, rooted in history perhaps or other legal issues, fine. I just wish we wouldn't confuse people with this ripping/decompile nonesense.

Anyway, if you want to use Daz content in a game, you need interactive licenses. And that's just that. Unless all you use is prerendered stuff and no 3d data. Say sprite-based characters where each sprite is just a prerendered image of a Daz character. I don't think any amount of encryption is going to change that. Think of it more as a license to distribute the 3d data and forget about what could or could not be done with it

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

People rip stuff from games mostly because they get a kick out of using their favorite characters for personal stuff. A tiny market seems to cater to this, rips and illegally sells this content to those who don't want to rip on their own, which is a bit technical. Or it is shared for free. This is an absolute none-issue for Daz content because there is a way easier way to get it for free: pirating. Our content is shared illegally on pirate sites around the world, just like any digital content in existence. The content for a popular game is only available through ripping. Daz content can also be had for cheap in the Daz store, a free end user centric application can be used to easily play around with the content. The notion that anyone would instead rip the same easily available stuff from a game is such a niche inside a niche inside a niche scenario that having an interactive license that is supposed to cover that unlikely case seems really bewildering to me.

You're assuming that a potential "ripper" actually knows that the content comes from Daz and so would consider other ways to get it. But a good number of those people have probably never heard of Daz...

Leana said:

You're assuming that a potential "ripper" actually knows that the content comes from Daz and so would consider other ways to get it. But a good number of those people have probably never heard of Daz...

Do we really believe that someone who wants to rip a character from a game does not also know about Daz and how they are the go-to place for exactly such characters?

So let's yes for the sake of argument. That still leaves a very low chance that someone wants to rip Daz content from a game, because none of their favorite game characters made by AAA game studio use Daz content for such things. Even if it somehow did happen, what's the big deal when the same content is already available on pirate sites in a much more usable format? Sharing that stuff on pirate sites or ripping it from a game first and then sharing it on pirate sites seems like the same illegal thing to me. Except in one case, someone paid for an additional license. Nothing was prevented at all.

• Leana said:

Do we really believe that someone who wants to rip a character from a game does not also know about Daz and how they are the go-to place for exactly such characters?

So let's yes for the sake of argument. That still leaves a very low chance that someone wants to rip Daz content from a game, because none of their favorite game characters made by AAA game studio use Daz content for such things. Even if it somehow did happen, what's the big deal when the same content is already available on pirate sites in a much more usable format? Sharing that stuff on pirate sites or ripping it from a game first and then sharing it on pirate sites seems like the same illegal thing to me. Except in one case, someone paid for an additional license. Nothing was prevented at all.

WHile I agree with you that the people ripping game characters is a very small percentage. Seeing that all the people who rip character data do not care baout the laws they are breaking, I wouldn't be to shocked to learn they know nothing about daz. But let us look deeper into your example

A rip thief sees a character in a game they want. For the sake of discussion let us say they know it is a daz character. They have 2 choices

1. Take a few minutes and rip the character from the game

2. Downlaod daz, find the chracter and items needed. If they are lucky everything will be free and nothing custom made by the game dev

Seeing that rippers do not care about the law or copyright, it would make sense that most would chose option 1

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

Oh yeah, there are plenty of people interested in models that have no clue DAZ exists or if they do know nothing of what it is or how it works. I develop mods for games and know of plenty of forums/sites where people (use that term loosely) are ripping/stealing 3D mesh from all sorts of places including DAZ. I have seen users at sites post genesis models to d/l and say they made it. I have seen people at sites post genesis models to d/l and think it's ok because of creative commons which it isn't. In my experience users rip/steal mesh for their 15 seconds of fame on the internet because they shared it. It's all about "look what i got for you guys to download!" and then the other users post "you da man!", "great job!" "can you rip this also", etc.. I have sent many reports into DAZ CS to have genesis models taken down and every user here should do the same.

As pointed out, unfortunately it's possible to rip mesh from any game or 3d app that relies on mesh objects so no licensing will prevent it, but it's a good way to help recoup the cost knowing you are losing money on your hard work due to piracy.

edited October 2018
    Leana said:

1. Take a few minutes and rip the character from the game

I've never done it. Is it really that simple? I would've thought it's a lot more technical than just outright downloading something from a pirate site.

As pointed out, unfortunately it's possible to rip mesh from any game or 3d app that relies on mesh objects so no licensing will prevent it, but it's a good way to help recoup the cost knowing you are losing money on your hard work due to piracy.

Sure, but what if 99.9% of piracy happens with content straight out of the Daz store? Has anyone even ever seen a Daz model that was ripped from a game instead? It seems such unlikely case. CG is a niche, Daz content is a niche inside of that, ripping game content is even more of a niche (or so I thought). Ripping a Daz model that was put into a game seems like such incredible niche, I'd be surprised if this has ever happened at all. But maybe you know of such cases.

Post edited by bluejaunte on
    edited October 2018

I've never done it. Is it really that simple? I would've thought it's a lot more technical than just outright downloading something from a pirate site.

Without going into much detail there are tools and tutorials. Takes minutes I also agree with you that 99.9% of the stolen daz content no doubt is from people sharing items they buy on the daz store. To be honest I am not aware of a game that uses daz characters that people are stealing from. Of course it seems a lot of the games using Daz characters are using default free assets, nothing anyone would want to steal
    edited October 2018
    Double post
  • Hi guys, may i ask  one thing? i readed almost all the pages on this thread, but still have a question, as Standart licence says  about this three features

Render out images,Render out videos,Render out an HDRI or Virtual Reality scene

if for exemple , if I have a 3D model that I didn’t buy, and I don’t have a license for it, if I render a scene with it, I can use it in my game right? because I do not provide the model itself to other people, but only the render?

• Hi guys, may i ask  one thing? i readed almost all the pages on this thread, but still have a question, as Standart licence says  about this three features

Render out images,Render out videos,Render out an HDRI or Virtual Reality scene

if for exemple , if I have a 3D model that I didn’t buy, and I don’t have a license for it, if I render a scene with it, I can use it in my game right? because I do not provide the model itself to other people, but only the render?

If you don't have a license you can't use it at all, for anything. If you don't have an Interactive License then you can still use 2D renders in your game, yes, but you can't supply the original files (such as an HDRI, even at reduced size, or soemthign like a brick texture applied to walls in your 3D scene).

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,012
    edited November 2019

... guess not, nm

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • But i mean, if i  find some kind of 3d model on internet for free that obviosly don't have any license i still can  do 2d renders with that model without any problems right? I'm talking about Visual novel game on Ren Py that dont  provides any meshes or textures, only rendered images.

• But i mean, if i  find some kind of 3d model on internet for free that obviosly don't have any license i still can  do 2d renders with that model without any problems right? I'm talking about Visual novel game on Ren Py that dont  provides any meshes or textures, only rendered images.

If it doesn't have a license you can't do anything with it - if people want their models used they must include some kind of license, even if it's only a note saying they are releasing it as public domain. However, since it would not (for a legitimate offering) be daz content Daz imposes no restrictions on what you can do with it - the interactive licenses are for content, not the application.

edited November 2019

But i mean, if i  find some kind of 3d model on internet for free that obviosly don't have any license i still can  do 2d renders with that model without any problems right? I'm talking about Visual novel game on Ren Py that dont  provides any meshes or textures, only rendered images.

Daz 3d licenses only apply to Products bought from Daz, including freebies.  3rd party freebie content you need to check the license, usually given on the readme.  You will often find that creators are not licensing freebies to be used in a commercial venture

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,557

But i mean, if i  find some kind of 3d model on internet for free that obviosly don't have any license i still can  do 2d renders with that model without any problems right? I'm talking about Visual novel game on Ren Py that dont  provides any meshes or textures, only rendered images.

the issue is that many of the models you find for free on the internet are there illegally, either posted from a file sharing site or ripped from a game. for example, you find a 3d model of Mickey Mouse on a website, then rig it to work in Daz Studio and then create renders with it to use in your 3D novel or game, Disney legally own the rights to that and can take action against you for using it.

Someone had to create the 3d model being used and that person has the rights to that work and how it's used.

If it doesn't have a license you can't do anything with it - if people want their models used they must include some kind of license, even if it's only a note saying they are releasing it as public domain. However, since it would not (for a legitimate offering) be daz content Daz imposes no restrictions on what you can do with it - the interactive licenses are for content, not the application.

Okey i got you, thank you.So its gonna be hard to make a Visual novel without much free assets, but anyways with the standart ones i can do almost everything, to learn how   to do diferent stuff and then maybe buy some  assets in i advance enough in this:) Thank you again, and sorry for my bad english.

• the issue is that many of the models you find for free on the internet are there illegally, either posted from a file sharing site or ripped from a game. for example, you find a 3d model of Mickey Mouse on a website, then rig it to work in Daz Studio and then create renders with it to use in your 3D novel or game, Disney legally own the rights to that and can take action against you for using it.

Someone had to create the 3d model being used and that person has the rights to that work and how it's used.

Im just starting i can't alredy think about commercial use  i have to learn it first :) But if i make Mickey mouse model by my self i can use it right or not? i was talking about simple stuff in general like background        details, car models etc.. even if i find a mesh without texture and make my own texture i can't use  it ? i mean who  can check this  there is a million of models around internet

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,818
    edited November 2019

the issue is that many of the models you find for free on the internet are there illegally, either posted from a file sharing site or ripped from a game. for example, you find a 3d model of Mickey Mouse on a website, then rig it to work in Daz Studio and then create renders with it to use in your 3D novel or game, Disney legally own the rights to that and can take action against you for using it.

Im just starting i can't alredy think about commercial use  i have to learn it first :) But if i make Mickey mouse model by my self i can use it right or not? i was talking about simple stuff in general like background        details, car models etc.. even if i find a mesh without texture and make my own texture i can't use  it ? i mean who  can check this  there is a million of models around internet

You could not use a Mickey Mouse model, even if you made it yourself, as Disney owns the copyright and trademark. Generally you cannot make your own (or use another person's) version of an item or character designed by another entity - and especially not if it belongs to Disney. Trademarks in particular you do not want to infringe upon as the owners are obliged to protect them or risk losing them. Do your best to make sure that the items you use are original, that they are being offered by the maker, and that there is soem kind of license included saying what you can use them for.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • OK. Couple questions.

I understand that you need an interactive license to use Genesis 8 in Unity.

There are, however, clothing made by Daz3D Originals that don't have "Interactive License" Option when you buy them. Am I right in assuming you can't use those or are they included with any "Genesis 8 Interactive License" options?

• Interactive licenses are on a per-item basis - so no, a G8 license doesn't apply to clothing. If a DO item doesn't have an interactive license available on its page, maybe try asking Daz through the contact form (they'll probably add one). Can you give an example of one?

• Interactive licenses are on a per-item basis - so no, a G8 license doesn't apply to clothing. If a DO item doesn't have an interactive license available on its page, maybe try asking Daz through the contact form (they'll probably add one). Can you give an example of one?

That's what I thought.

This one for example: https://www.daz3d.com/agate-noir-for-genesis-8-females

Although, it's unfortunate but the only thing that's useful from Daz for games purpose is the actual base mesh. Hair and clothing have way too much polys and the texture size is too big. Sure, there are ways to mitigate, but it's better to just make new clothes by yourself at this point.

It's quite a shame, really, that they got rid of their "Game Developer License". It was nice when you could pay for the license once and use everything without worries. The way it works now, just by playing around with what we have purchased and the freebies you lose track of all the items and well, you don't know which one you have the license for and which ones you're illegally using.

• tbrocktbrock Posts: 0

So indie game dev must pay 35$ for each mesh they bough previously instead of 500$ for the indie game dev license?

How the hell is that suppose to be better for indie game dev???

Ive notice lot of indie game dev exploring the workflow DAZ to UE4 / unity

.... ive spend 1000 $ for asset i wont probably use because i cant afford the individual interactive license on it?

At that price, most game dev will stick to the marketplace of the engine itself....  

This. 

I am a begining hobbyist game developer with young children and a full time job. I don't have a lot of time to create my game much less to spend "fixing" characters/props to be game-ready.  So being required to make daz content game ready is a strike against Daz content (for THIS game developer wannabe).

While I might at some point develop one or more games that incorporate mostly 2d art, I do not want to be tied to that genre. My love is open world adventure games. That is where I really want to devote my effort. Such a restriction (due to cost) is a strike against Daz content (for THIS game developer wannabe).

If I EVER actually get a game ready for release, it is likely at least 2 or 3 years away.  And it is likely to have minimal sales (like the book of poetry I self-published that has been available for sale on Amazon (etc) for 13 years now and has (sigh) zero sales). It is more for *my* enjoyment in the creation process than it is a business endeavor that I believe will pay for itself.  So lots of money being required upfront that I will likely never recoup is another strike against Daz content (for THIS game developer wannabe).

While I was excited at some of the wonderful content in Daz, it seems that I simply cannot afford it either timewise (though software advances may solve this problem in time) or financially.  And while I have purchased quite a few Daz products (niavely thinking that I was building a game asset repository), I sadly just cancelled a Daz order and am probably done making purchases there until/if something changes to make game development more economically feasible for hobbyists and indie developers with very limited budgets. What funds I have, I will have to spend in the game engine store where I can be certain I have the license I need and assurance that the assets are game ready.

My licensing idea: 
    I have not read this thread in its entirely, so perhaps this idea has been broached and rejected...but would (gulp) some sort of royalty license be feasible?  Rather than implementing the nightmare of having to track all sales of any game made with Daz assets (shudder), perhaps something *front-end* and tiered: Perhaps 100 would be too little, but something along the lines of TOTAL games allowed to be sold: 

• 10 (True hobbyist) Free
    • 100 (hobbyist)    $5
    • 1000 (better hobbyist)  $20
    • 5000 (indie)  etc
  • tbrock said:

My licensing idea: 
    I have not read this thread in its entirely, so perhaps this idea has been broached and rejected...but would (gulp) some sort of royalty license be feasible?  Rather than implementing the nightmare of having to track all sales of any game made with Daz assets (shudder), perhaps something *front-end* and tiered: Perhaps 100 would be too little, but something along the lines of TOTAL games allowed to be sold: 

• 10 (True hobbyist) Free
    • 100 (hobbyist)    $5
    • 1000 (better hobbyist)  $20
    • 5000 (indie)  etc

After reading a number of pages, my own experiences and goals taken into account, I provide the following insight to DAZ from a customers perspective.

I understand the need for licensing. Trying to explore what licenses I might need if I was to bring my project to market, has left me more confused.

For example:  I have a gen 8 male based character I would like to use.  Thought I'd pick up the license during the sale. clicking the sale led me to stuff I don't even know if it was licenses or items. searching for various derivatives of Genesis 8 male, never seemed to show that specific item. Lots of clothes, hair, other characters, but no the base genesis 8 male, so that I can buy it's license.  ( I assume that If I want to use a character that is for genesis 8 male, I need both a license for the character, and for the gen8male) Still no clue on how to get one.

Further, after reading most of this thread, I now know there is some sort of developer license, and an indie license (or used to be?) No idea if I need one or both of those (am I indie or a developer or neither), or niether.

All in all, it's become more complicated and confusing than I wish to try and unravel in order to spend money. Gettting me to spend money should be made an easy process not complicated and confusing.

As the above mentioned, I believe they are suggesting something along the right line.  I'm not so sure about free licenses, but packs (or bundles)  would be the way to go to simplify things.  Much like cable tv providers have done sometimes.  They have pick 3,5,10 etc packs.  Daz could (and imho should) do something similar. Such as a charater  pack of 3,5 10 licenses. One for props, clothes, environments, or morphs, etc etc.

Then lets say I buy a 5 license prop pack.  It should mean that I can register any 5 ( or if you wanted more specifics, only daz originals prop pack, only PA prop pack).  Whether they are any combination of 5 props I own or have yet to own, I can submit (yeah more tickets suck) maybe through a dedicated registrations section the items I'd like.  enter prop license pack serial. you have 5 registrations left.  I enter 3 prop id's.  I now have 2 left.  Maybe I won't use them for 6 months but at least they are there, and I know they cover XYZ props x2 once I buy them and choose to register them.  

If your standard pricing is $50, this is in my opinion much to high from a business perspective.  I'll digress, If your target market for licenses is major studios and indie studios, it seems reasonable. If your target market (via encouraging sales) is the hobbist, it's too high. The hobbist is a large part of the potential license market but not many can afford $50 a pop on top of the assets costs.Want to promote more asset sales and their respecitive licenses with hobbists? You need to lower that. The current sale $5-$10 is reasonable for a hobbists.  who knows they may actually succeed. I can see alot of them starting, buying a few assets etc, working on their project, learning about licensing, and finding that they may need $500-$1000 more to license.  On top of a Steam $500 dev fee, and the reality that more and more under 16 are starting to learn coding and game design they might just abandon altogether, or move to a non-expensive means to bring their game to market. Then you've lost future assets for the title, all potential license fee's, and they are less likely to consider you in the future which could mean reduced asset sales from them in the future as they all ready know the licenses costs makes it unfeasible for them.

Just my perspective on things.  For now, I'm content on design, and private alpha testing if I ever get to that.  If at such time I actually get to a point that I'm ready to try and release say onto steam, I'll count the daz assets I've used, check the current pricing on licenses, add $500 and see if it's in the budget.  I'd probably email you to help me check to ensure I know exactly which content I'm actually using and requires a licenses.  mainly because I have hundreds of sliders in my actor settings of gen 8, many are from addons, can't always tell you where they came from, if they have a licenses available, and if I don't use the slider, do I still need a license simply because it exists prior to export?

• EllessarrEllessarr Posts: 1,390
    edited October 2020

remember currently daz original stuffs are at a the price of 5 into they licenses, and time to time you get a "promo" like today which can make it go to 4 and even in some cases it go down to 3,20, for non daz original you must wait for a good "license sales" like again today were all the non daz original licenses are for 10 if you buy anything new they go down to 8, in another amazing sale i saw it go down to 6, 40.

now some tipes to "maximize your licenses" 

1 - try to take the platinum member it give you a $6,00 discount cupom which can stack with some sales, for exemple if you buy a "new stuff today let's say the 2,09 which being a platinum make it go to 1,76 then buy 6 licenses of 10 (non daz) you can use the cupom of 6 on 18+ price, and it will reduce it to 9 each license and also since you are buyin the new "stuff" it will bring the license prices to 7, then you gonna be pay 6x7=42 + 1,76 which means a total of 43,76, then you will be paying for less than 50 the price of 6 licenses.

2 - if you are not a member try to focus first on "daz original" currently since the release of the bridges daz put all the daz original stuffs licenses a fixed price of 5, which means you are paying only 5 for the license, then if you buy a product in the price of let's say 10 you will pay 15 for the product to have it with the license, then try to focus first on the originals, for the non originals wait for some "special license sales" like the ones today, were the "non daz originl" stuffs will be fixed at 10 and with some times getting a discount to go to 8 or even to a 6.4, the same goes for the original buy any license with a "new stuff" will make the 5 go to 4 and again in areally rare case it can go down to 3.2 with that sort of sales.

3 - flash sales - some flash sales cupons also "can works on licenses" for exemple a cupon which allow you to buy let's say 3 stuffs with a 'extra discount of 50%" this cupon have a big chance to work on the licenses too, then for exemple using the current 5 for daz originals, if you use the 50% cupon it will reduce the price from 5 to 2,50, then pay attention to when a flash sales appear with cupons, it normally works with "generic cupon sales" cupons for "specific products" don't work,like a cupon cod to reduce let's say stonemason stuff it only work on the base price not license, the same goes for "non daz original, if you are buying a non daz original in a sales wiith the price of 10 or 8 then the 50% will reduce the price to 4 or 5.

4 - "bundles" - try to focus first in buy bundles and pay for bundles license first - unless you really need a specific "non bundle" product try to buy first the bundle because when you pay for a "bundle license" it will work for "all the licenses inside the bundle, for exemple you have a bundle with 5 products each product have it's license, if you had to pay for each license it could be pretty expensive, lets keep on the exemple, each prduct of the bundle is a daz original and is at the current 5 price discount then you would had to pay a total of 25 for each one, but if you just pay the 5*(being a daz original) for the bundle it will count for all the licenses on the bundle then instead of paying 25 for all 5 you are paying just 5, basically you are paying the price of 1 and get 5, then try to go for the bundles first, even if you don't need everything on the bundle and many things are useless you are still paying a "single price" for all which on some cases would be the same price as if you were going only for one item of the bundle.

4.1 - just to make the bundles point strong, again even if you just want 1 item from the bundle and not the bundle, put the stuff you want in the cart then instead of place the "stuff license" put the "bundle license" because in most of the cases the bundle license and the stuff alone license will be the same or very close, like bundle being 50 and stuff 35 but if it's on a sales or original but will be 5 or 10 or 4 or 8, then place the bundle not the product even if you not gonna buy the bundle, it will allow you to already own the license of anything inside the bundel automatically, then even if you plan to later buy "another stuff" from the bundle without buy the bundle you already gonna own the stuff license without need  buy it "again", then whenever a stuff is part of a bundle aways target the "bundle" license, not the stuff alone license, aways have that in mind, it gonna save you a lot of money.

5 - you can buy licenses even if you don't buy the product" for exemple you can add a product and it's license in the cart then later in the cart remove the product keeping only the license, why you would want that???, because let's say the product you are waiting for a "good sales" to buy enter in the "license sales" but it's still to "expensive for you" you can buy the license for the cheap price then when the product is on a "good sales price" you can buy it without need to pay for the license since it already your, because can happens of the product good price and license prices not "match the same times" then if you are interested in buy something but it's still expensive but the license is being cheap "go for the license if you can and have "spare money" then when the product is on a better price and time you can buy it more "cheap.

hope those tips can help peoples.

Since daz started that "bridge" stuffs and come with that "huge discounts on the licenses" i've already bought really a lot of licenses, even today i got more licenses, while i'm still to far away to have license for every product i'm start to catch with the license sales, at last each month i'm buying at last 4 licenses using my "6 of 18 discount cupon, i'm buy 4 licenses which end being 20 in the total then using the cupom i reduce it to 16 then buy it, when the month don't have any "special license discount" in the previous month i was able to  buy 5 for the same price because they were at the price of 4 then instead of 4 for 20 it was 5 for 20 with the cupom it go down to 16., then currently i'm having at almost all the "basic licenses" i'm currently in need missing only few more to catch for the ones which are the "basic which i do need" without count the "non basic ones".

Post edited by Ellessarr on
  • I create 2D digital arts portraits using Daz. Legally can I sell my work or do I need some special license for this? I can't find anything specific to what I'm trying to do. 

josephlopez175 said:

I create 2D digital arts portraits using Daz. Legally can I sell my work or do I need some special license for this? I can't find anything specific to what I'm trying to do. 

Yes  as stated in the EULA

Terms of Use. Two Dimensional Works. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, User may (i) access, use, copy and modify the Content in the creation and presentation of two-dimensional animations and renderings, (ii) incorporate two dimensional images (including two dimensional images that simulate motion of three dimensional objects) derived by User from the Content in User's other works, and (iii) publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense User's two-dimensional animations, renderings and other works; provided that User may not in any case publish, market, distribute, transfer, sell or sublicense any renderings, animations, software applications, data or any other product from which any Content, or any part thereof, or any substantially similar version of the Content can be separately exported, extracted or de-compiled into any re-distributable form or format.