RRRR Story render contest *closed*

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Twins- wonderful! My husband has identical twin brothers. I don't get that though, they are so easy to tell apart. :) What do you have, boys, girls, both? Bet you have fun on Mother's Day!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 2013

Novica said:
    I'm still around. Still on story 1, render 1. The vendors better appreciate this contest because I had to buy an item to be able to finish the story that I came up with!

I'll probably only get to do one story, but having fun again. That's the most important thing :) I am really enjoying reading the stories and laughing at what people have to put together. (I've got a jet ski, a victorian maid outfit-and no I didn't put her on a jetski, lol)

I am amazed I haven't pulled any of Lisa or Ken's stuff- I have all of it. You'd think I'd get a bird or a plant eventually. Instead, I got Merlin's trees! Had to laugh at that. And agree- surprised I haven't gotten Jack's stuff either.

I'm afraid to make a second pull -- it's frankly amazing I finished three renders this month already! My twins turned 10 last week, so I had to bake 5 dozen cookies and a birthday cake, plus gift wrapping -- and that doesn't even include the mountain of baking and wrapping I should be doing for Christmas. Ack!

I'm with you on the Ken/Lisa/Jack sets. Have pretty much all of it, and yet I haven't pulled any of them in a long while! Funny how the random pulls go, hey? I tremendously enjoy pulling items that haven't seen the light of day in years. :-)
    ...yeah, my pull had some very interesting items in it.

...and yes, it had one of Jack's sets in it.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Twins- wonderful! My husband has identical twin brothers. I don't get that though, they are so easy to tell apart. :) What do you have, boys, girls, both? Bet you have fun on Mother's Day!
    One of each. :-) They are my little miracles. I spent 8 weeks in the hospital while pregnant because I was in preterm labor and we knew my son was going to be born with a heart defect. They came about 5 weeks early, but Ev had his heart surgery at 2 days old and they were both (amazingly!) home before Christmas. You'd never know they were such tiny, fragile things a decade ago, because they're both tall and strong and healthy as can be today! I'm very blessed.

...yeah, my pull had some very interesting items in it.

...and yes, it had one of Jack's sets in it.

I'm always astonished at the sheer quantity of "Jack sets," because they are always so high-quality. I've often wondered if he has elves working in a hidden North Pole office, happily making 3D content and drinking hot cocoa... Or maybe I've just seen too many kids' Christmas specials this week...
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Thank you Jindi :)

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 2013

Tag: Sasje #2

Jim and lizzy on the farm of Aunt Ann.

The barn on the farm is a great place to play
    Lizzy: Jim give me my doll back.
    Jim: No it is food for the monster, and Roeffus must play the big monster that I captive.
    Lizzy: give my doll back and Roeffus is no monster he’s a good big dig ore I will go to aunt Ann.
    Jim: nope NANANA try to grab it.
    Lizzy: Auntie Ann, auntie Ann Jim won’t give me my doll back.

Pull 2
    - Sailor Uniform For A3 (used)
    - Martial Arts Weapons
    - The Construction Site(used)
    - Fantasy Camp III
    - Treadz for Genesis (had to remove She freak V4, some problems)
    - The Caged Cart (used)
    - Toys of Yesteryear (used)
    - H4 Hovertank

For the rest
    - Barn Yard
    - Genesis 2x Clothes and hair
    - Mill dog

Barne_P1_Dec.jpg
    1066 x 800 - 312K
    Post edited by Sasje on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049
    edited December 1969

Great stuff already!

I have just drawn my first set of 8, but I got two Ron's Brushes sets. Do I need to redraw or are those valid items for the RRRR draw?

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,473
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Great stuff already!

I have just drawn my first set of 8, but I got two Ron's Brushes sets. Do I need to redraw or are those valid items for the RRRR draw?

They are valid, but if they are "unusable" (you cannot use them) it's a redraw.

edited December 1969

Totte said:
    barbult said:
    Great stuff already!

They are valid, but if they are "unusable" (you cannot use them) it's a redraw.

I have Photoshop, so they should be usable. I now realize that I really only drew one valid Ron's brushes item (a bundle), because my product list listed the bundle and the individual items as separate line items, and I drew both. So I will keep the brush bundle on my list and draw one more item to replace the brush that was part of the bundle anyway. Thanks for the rule clarification.

edited December 1969

Okay. I'm caving in -- I'll do a second pull. Because I should have one more thing to do during the holidays... Lol, maybe this will help keep me sane.

5902 Soulmate Poses DAZ
    6658 Tootsie Hair DAZ
    1877 Dystopia Destinations: Landing Pad DAZ
    1968 Eliza for K4 DAZ
    5661 SG Steam Queens DAZ
    4727 PH's Swinging Cages RO
    6641 Tithe Barn DS DAZ
    912 Carnival Picnic Tables DAZ

Barn. Landing pad. Picnic Tables. And I've already used the interdimensional portal idea... This should be entertaining!

edited December 1969

Here is my first set of 8 items:

Yamaki FDR2 Fusion DS
    Ron's Atmospheric Bundle
    Steam Truck Red Bizon
    M4 Tuxedo
    LB Summer Sunrise Cyclorama Textures
    Memories for Arcadia Colonnade
    Evilson M4 Unimesh Fits
    Parkside Cargo

I'm waiting for inspiration to hit.

edited December 1969

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/33478/#505977
    This image says it all. It is NOT part of the contest, it is posted only here in large form and with that caption.

(I'm glad you all have a whacky sense of humor. You'll see what I mean.)

seanautica3cUSE.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 518K
    edited December 1969

Good heavens Barbult- what a variety! It's cool that you got Ron's brushes though.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    This image says it all. It is NOT part of the contest, it is posted only here in large form and with that caption.

Wow, this is a great story already. I'm pleased to be part of it, and not a sushi or lost at sea part! Poor Ken. I hope he is found alive. RRRR would not be the same without him.
    edited December 1969

I'm having to fix the newspaper though, for some reason the forum wouldn't let me upload the image (even though it was a jpg) and said "file type not allowed."So I switched it from rgb to cmyk and then back, and it messed it up.

I'm sure Ken will be fine...somewhere down the road in future contests :)

edited December 1969

... Then I got an idea.
    An awful idea.
    This Grinch got a wonderful, awful idea!

*maniacal laughter*

edited December 2013

Tag: karibousboutique #2, Picture 1
    My Pull:

5902 Soulmate Poses DAZ
    6658 Tootsie Hair DAZ
    1877 Dystopia Destinations: Landing Pad DAZ
    1968 Eliza for K4 DAZ
    5661 SG Steam Queens DAZ -- USED
    4727 PH’s Swinging Cages RO -- USED

6641 Tithe Barn DS DAZ
    912 Carnival Picnic Tables DAZ -- USED
    Rendered inPoser Pro 2014, Postwork in Photoshop CS6

My apologies to Dr. Seuss, from whom I shamelessly stole Christmas. I am being aptly punished, however -- I will be dreaming in iambic pentameter tonight...

Story title: How Karibou Stole Christmas
    Image Title: An Awful Idea

Every Daz down in Dazville
    Liked Christmas a lot
    But the Karibou,
    Who lived just east of Dazville
    Did NOT.

Karibou HATED Christmas! The whole Christmas Season!
    All the gift receipts and cookie sheets, that must be the reason.
    It could also be that her head was a wee bit off-kilter,
    Or perhaps that her mom always called just to guilt her.
    But I think that the most likely reason of all
    Was that her checking account was always five sizes too small.

But,
    Whatever her reasons
    Her mom or the baking,
    On Christmas eve, she screamed 'til the rafters were shaking,
    And she growled from her cage with a Karibou glare
    Down at Dazville and all the Victorias there.
    For she knew every Daz down in Dazville below
    Would be on super-sale... when she had no more dough.

"And my wish-list is growing!" she snarled with a sneer,
    "So I'll have to wait for March Madness next year!"
    Then she cursed, with her Karibou brain in a knot
    "I MUST buy the items that I still haven't bought!"
    For tomorrow, she knew...

..Her dear 10-year-old twins
    Would leave holes in her wallet where her savings had been.
    And then, to her aunt's house for more gifts to give --
    If she spent another Christmas dime, she'd have NO PLACE TO LIVE!

And THEN
    They'd do something she liked least of all!
    Her angelic children, so sweet and so small,
    Would sit close together, occasionally fighting
    And then NEXT YEAR'S Christmas lists they'd start writing!

They'd write! And they'd write!
    And they'd WRITE, WRITE, WRITE, WRITE!
    And the more Karibou pondered next year's Christmas spending
    The more she thought, "There's no way this can have a good ending!"
    "Since I became Santa, I've been poor as a peasant!
    I must find some cash for my OWN Christmas presents!"

Then she got an idea.
    An AWFUL idea.
    KARIBOU
    GOT A WONDERFUL, AWFUL IDEA!

KariStoleXmas2a.jpg
    2000 x 1302 - 428K
    Post edited by Karibou on
    edited December 1969

I enjoyed your Dazville poem very much!

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    #196 Casual Jeans and T-Shirt for Genesis Female
    #819 Lisa's Botanicals - Signs of Spring
    #654 Greatswords
    #230 City Ruins : Vehicles
    #1631 Victoria 6 HD
    #589 Garden Escape Bridge
    #280 Country Intrigue Poses DS
    #772 Last Gladiator for M4 and F4

Items Used in the Render, All except City Ruins : Vehicles

TAG: Jaderail #1
    Title: Marble Comix presents - Issue #12 RED Gemini the Chronicles
    Part 3: Afterglow

[Blurb]Static Cracke! Chopper 13 reporting, I confirm Sir, looks like the hero's put out all the fires on this side of the city as well. Krakle! But we need to mobilize everyone including the National Guard. Over. Static Pop! "Look at what they did you my City, someones going to pay for this." " You go tell him Mr Mayor he's right over there." " SHHhh.. they have super hearing too you know."[/Blurb]

Omega - "I claim these as my battle rights, Gemini of the Red."
    Gemini - "As it should be, Great one. I hope they bring you much pleasure."
    Vicky - "Huh? I'm confused, you won Gemini, and he gets to keep prizes? We couldn't even forge those metals until you taught us how."
    Gemini - "There is much you still do not know about my kind Vicky."
    Omega - "The Over Council will send wealth in a form these beings will accept to repair the damage wrought here this day. I also will have the archives opened so they may not only repair the damage but build it better, stronger and in efficient methods in the future."
    Gemini - "As you see fit o' Great one, so shall it be done."
    Vicky - "What? Huh? What's all that supposed to mean? Your acting like he has a choice, and Better? What's he mean better?"
    Gemini- "Vicky, the Over Council sent me here. Your people are intelligent beings and you have now came far enough as a people that your actions can be seen and heard far into the cosmos. I'm here to protect your world and people from those that might wish to exploit a primitive world such as yours. And as you have just seen we will be giving your world knowledge such as advanced metals and soon advanced engineering. Maybe next it will be advanced crop techniques and animal husbandry. In the years ahead I or another Gemini and he or other Omega's will see your world advance until you can join the Over Council. Your great great grand children will live among the stars.'
    -Fini-
    RRRR-Gemini-03.png
    1125 x 1462 - 3M
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Novica said:

Wow, this is a great story already. I'm pleased to be part of it, and not a sushi or lost at sea part! Poor Ken. I hope he is found alive. RRRR would not be the same without him.

LOL. I especially enjoyed the 'genius financial advisor' part but given the fate of poor Scott-Livingston I wonder if I'm not already edible sushi....

Fantastic poem and render, KaribousBoutique.

All's well that ends well with the RED Gemini Chronicles... but something tells me Vicky's not convinced! Enjoyed it, Jaderail.

As for me, I've done another pull but no idea what I'll make of it yet....

edited December 1969

Novica said:

ROFL ! I just love that!!!
    edited December 1969

Well, in fairness to Scott, he could have been the squid as I was going for alliteration, (S-S) but Sasje already had the honor. And I just figured Jindi would love being on a yacht. It's Jaderail's birthday so he got to be Mayor. As for Ken's redemption, he'd better be nice to me because I haven't written THAT ending yet (evil cackle.) I notice he's being very, very quiet....

BTW, the fastest way to do a newspaper (based on MY level of expertise, which doesn't say much) is to bring in primitive planes and attach the images to it in the Diffuse channel. You can move it around that way. I did have to retype that entire thing, because for some reason the forum wouldn't accept my file even though it was a jpg, so I tried switching from rgb to cmyk and that created distinctive areas where I had colored. Go figure. So I had to erase everything and recolor (didn't do it in Photoshop with layers as that's on another computer) so after typing the entire thing a second time, I almost have that newspaper memorized.

My favorite part? When they "sprang into action" (Sports, page 3.)

I just LOVE that poem- so very clever!!!! Reminds me of the famous Johnny Bravo cartoon where he refuses to buy girl scout cookies and uses Dr. Seuss. My favorite part is:
    Her dear 10-year-old twins
    Would leave holes in her wallet where her savings had been.
    And then, to her aunt’s house for more gifts to give—
    If she spent another Christmas dime, she’d have NO PLACE TO LIVE!

Okay, gotta start on render two. Off to Bistro Miami, unfortunately for Gunner.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

@Novica: Well, I probably had it coming...I lived in Japan for a while and ate all kinds of interesting raw things. I guess karma got me in the end. :lol:

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

barbult said:
    Novica said:

So do I!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited December 1969

I love the the newspaper front page, Novica. Great to see someone raising (or lowering?) the bar even more in our insanity competition.

Kyoto Kid, I am sorry to hear about your trouble. It is truly very frightening.

Zawarkal, thank you for sharing that. If you are crazy, I very much admire your kind of crazy and the path you are taking. Now I know why your renders feel so mythological to me. It is a realm I like to look into and know I will fall into myself one day.

A lot a good stories that I haven't read here and I have a lot of catching up to do.

edited December 1969

luci45 #2

Pulled:
    Point of Impact
    Parkside Passenger Car
    Precious Princess
    Japanese Tea Garden by Merlin
    Freak 5 Big Sweater
    Fairytale Collection -- Fantasy Castle
    Bellatrix for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    Barn Yard

Diamonds, Dragons and Garbage
    Part One
    Zazu Yee fumed as a her latest mobile phone call to Ma Spencer disconected and Ping Zau patiently awaited her orders. She told him, in her most severe voice, that he would go immediately to the United States of America, to the state of Wyoming, and find Antelope's Play Ranch.

"You will present Ms Spencer with the facts of the situation. And take a dragon with you... Meanwhile operations will continue here. How can this woman be so stupid? All the messy work is my end. She only has to harvest them. Any stupid cattle roper can do that. And we'll both be filthy rich - trash and garbage are in endless supply! I explained that in my letter. You go over there and tell her. Why are you still standing there?"

Used:
    Precious Princess
    Fairytale Collection -- Fantasy Castle

Also used
    Oriental Dragon
    pwEffect
    M4 Suit
    Alpha Scalp - Rendo
    Specs
    Brief Case from Business Suit Expansion
    Trash bag from Back Streets
    Never Base
    Bill Truck and Trailers
    Lorenzo Lorez
    220 Facial Expressions for Genesis
    Rope (Rendo freebie from Bionic Rooster)
    LDP2 Dome
    Natsumy Hair
    Asian Female and Julie Tweens morphs
    Xiao Wen texture
    Oppa 2 morphs
    Ulrich texture
    Filter Forge and Photoshop

Part Two
    On the sprawling acres of the Antelope's Play Ranch in Wyoming, USA, Ma Spencer and her son Roy have been pulling giant crystals out of the ground for the past two weeks.

"The crystals pop out of the ground red hot, then cool off in a few days and are ready to harvest," Roy said. "Then about a week or so after this all began, Ma began receiving strange phone calls from a Ms Yee, owner of Chipan International, she said. It sounded like a promotional scam so Ma always hung up. After a lot of calls Ma got really angry and cursed at Ms Yee. And that's when things got really interesting -

"The very next day a little guy, Mr Zau, shows up in a spiffy blue suit. That, and a registered letter comes in the mail the same day from, you guessed it, Ms Yee. And the really crazy part was the dragon - a translucent glowy thing, all long and snaky with little bitty legs and no wings. It looked more like a giant worm than a dragon! It kept flying around the crystals pointing at them making strange sounds. Well, we were soon to find out what all this was about."

Used:
    Point of Impact
    Parkside Passenger Car
    Freak 5 Big Sweater
    Barn Yard

Also used:
    Oriental Dragon
    pwEffect
    LoRez Horse
    Chicken
    M4 Hats Stetson (Rendo)
    Streetwear jeans
    M4 Suit
    Alpha Scalp - Rendo
    Oppa 2 morphs
    Ulrich texture
    220 Facial Expressions for Genesis
    Mitch Hair
    Aged for M4
    Letter from Postal Props
    Specs
    Brief Case from Suit Expansion
    M4 Morphs for Genesis 2 Male
    Main Man Mix And Match Expressions For Michael 6
    Mil Dog
    Rolled Hair
    50s Everyday with Lucy Texture
    Smay jacket with texture expansion
    Boots from Casual jeans for Genesis 2 Female
    Cell Phone from Standing in Line
    Jepes PlateZ

wyoming.jpg
    1600 x 1080 - 473K
    ms_yees_factory2.jpg
    1650 x 1330 - 647K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...thank you, I'm doing my best to stay positive about it.

The only prezzie I really want so to stay in the place where I am living.

edited December 1969

luci45 #2

Part Three

Fortunately for Roy and Ma, they did not feel inclined to pull out their shotguns. They perused the letter and gave Mr Zau a chance to show them his computer slideshow on Chipan International's operations.

"Here is what happens," he said. "We take a lot of garbage, all kinds of garbage, and we always have a lot of that." He laughed "It goes into the compression chamber, and the dragons... it is a little hard to explain - let me say that they do their "magic" and send it through the core of the earth and it comes out over here somewhere. It is like a million years of compression and the big lovely diamonds come out of the ground."

Roy and Ma were impressed and very pleased when Mr Zau extended Ms Yee's offer of a business partnership, and an opportunity to become very wealthy.

used:
    Parkside Passenger Car
    Freak 5 Big Sweater
    Point of Impact Crystals

Also Used:
    M4 Hats Stetson (Rendo)
    M4 Suit
    Alpha Scalp - Rendo
    Mitch Hair
    Specs
    Rolled Hair
    50s Everyday with Lucy Texture
    Smay jacket with texture expansion
    Curtains from Country Kitchen Expansion
    Freebie Computer (Rendo-Bionic Rooster)
    table and chair from Moonshines Diner
    Picture frame from Sudio Paris

Part Four
    The very next day Roy and Ma pulled out their best city clothes and, escorted by Mr Zua, were off to visit Ms Yee in Chipan. It was a long plane ride and an even longer drive, but worth it all. They were greeted warmly by their new business partner, who showed them around the facilities where they observed the dragon magic in action. In the days that followed the four developed their business plan. Ms Yee was and Mr Zau were surprised and delighted by the Spencer's business acumen and Ma and Roy were amazed by the dragons and the ingenious methods used by Chipan International.

And such were the humble beginnings of a company that became an industry that played a major role in cleaning up Planet Earth.

Used:
    Precious Princess

Also Used:
    Jade Hair
    Business Suit and Expasion 1
    M4 Hats Stetson (Rendo)
    M4 Suit
    Alpha Scalp - Rendo
    Oppa 2 morphs
    Ulrich texture
    Specs
    Main Man Mix And Match Expressions For Michael 6
    Skies of Tierra Background

welcome.jpg
    1500 x 1209 - 728K
    revelation.jpg
    1500 x 1015 - 358K
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Jaderail #2 Pulls.

1179 Rhino
    496 Epsilon for Micheal 4
    1162 Real Cases
    1241 Shadow Dancer for V4
    146 Board Games
    81 Antelope Expansion Pack
    1668 West Park Treatment Room Specimen
    1354 Sushi Time 1

Hmm... two animals, two adventure style clothing sets, one food set and three prop sets. None of which really leap out and say story to me. Need to think on this a bit. Oh, and get my other into the entry thread.

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Luci45 said:
    Zawarkal, thank you for sharing that. If you are crazy, I very much admire your kind of crazy and the path you are taking. Now I know why your renders feel so mythological to me. It is a realm I like to look into and know I will fall into myself one day.

Luci45, Thank you for your comment. Happy to find a kindred spirit.

edited December 1969

Lucy, I just love your vibrant colors in your renders, they are really awesome!