Skin Builder 8 Merchant Resource for Genesis 8 Female (Commercial)

Comments

• Zev0 said:

Well, it worked, but only after I reverted back to the original .jpg image for both the Glossy Layered Weight and Top Coat Weight. The images that SB generates and replaces for those two surface layers(originally uses SummerHeadS_1001) causes a mismatch with the torso textures.

Edit: The point is moot anyway. Now I remember why I never used the Summer for Victoria7 skin. They screwed something up with it, probably the SSS Reflectance Tint or other parameters. The torso, arms, and anatomical elements have seams between them or are different colors. Irritates the hell out of me that I wasted all this time, and Zev0's time to respond, only to find the skin textures are useless to me... angry

Sorry to hear. To make sure all colors and values are the same on skin just click on the skin option under surfaces and it will change all related skin channels at once. EG if you change a colour or value with that highlighted it will apply to all, so that conformity is easier. Also dont forget to select lips.

Yeah, but unfortunately that only works if the base skin matches and they all have the same channels. One part of the Summer for V7 skin has a different SSS channel that uses a slider(I think it goes from -1 to 1) instead of SSS color like the rest of the skin. I actually tried adding the channel and matching the settings, but no luck. It's a shame because I think Summer's skin has more of a realistic texture/depth to it(compare the abs & mid-lower thighs on the two renders) as opposed to the one I switched to, but there were too many inconsistencies with the color(upper thighs), seams, etc. I ended up using Brienne skin(V8 female iirc) and with some adjustments, was able to get the skin tone color I was looking for. Looks like I forgot to unhide the bodyhair on the forearms & upper arms in the second render. angry I always forget something! 

When it comes to the lips, I almost always use different values for specular lobe settings and/or glossiness depending on how they look.

V8BSummerSk1at99p.png
    2834 x 2983 - 5M
    V8BMRLBrienneSk1at100p.png
    2834 x 2983 - 5M
  • Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,039

You could try saving a shader preset. EG select the torso channel, save as shader preset, then select all skin, apply that shader preset to all, and ignore replace images. That will make all skin channels the same and bypass assigned maps.

• question, I load the dev g8f no maps on it, create my skin via utility,and save, can it be sold via marketplace? 

• Personally, I wouldn't just load and save if you plan to sell. I would encourage you to make it really unique by adding to the maps. Skin Builder makes great bases and then it's what you bring to it that makes it yours. Read the PDF Merchant Resource Agreement to make sure you're following the rules.

• it is unique, I have altered it in Gimp as well, what I am asking, is the output that Skin builder does can it be redistributed. 

• I have read it, the resource agreement states don't use others textures cause it loads the extras onto the maps. but what I did was put the base dev version of G8f in, with no maps, ran skin builder and it set it's own maps, when adding skin. I then ran the program like usual took it into Gimp to give a better texture output on finer details, ect. It states you can use with merchant resources from vendors, with the overlays, but what I need to know is the skin it built from the utility is it usable? 

edited September 2019

Yes you can use Skin Builder to compile and save your skins which can be sold, as long as your skin being used is a merchant resource. The skins provided inside Skin Builer are merchant resources as well. 

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • OK, thank you Zev0 for clarifying it for me.

edited September 2019

Hi Guys. Product has been updated with some skin leg maps which had some minor seam issues on the feet on certain maps visible under certain light conditions. Also cleaned up some minor details on the leg bump and spec, mainly on the feet area.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Kingxzl asked the question "Lashes arent loading for me, anybody have a solution?" but I don't see an answer. Error message is "No eylashes loaded". Does anyone have an answer because I have the same problem. If they have to be a part of the base figure (genesis 8) then the sliders should work to create them, but they don't work for me at the place where I want to refine my face.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949

Your Genesis 8 figure should load with the eyelashes already loaded,if it doesn't then you can load them from People/Genesis8 Female/Anatomy ....

• CoterieCoterie Posts: 18
    edited October 2019

I have enhanced my Skin Builder skin extensively in Photoshop and wish to add veins, make-up, etc. Builder only acknowledges my torso map but gives me default yellow maps for the limbs and face. On one attempt Builder did use my face map (adding freckles). It has been erratic. Eyebrows are always the same harsh streaks with yellow face. I did get beautiful brows once, a month ago. I have emptied the temp folder and all files each time. Any advice? I'm getting a bit frustrated and know I must be missing something.

UPDATE: figured this out, working great. Thanks!

Post edited by Coterie on
  • CoterieCoterie Posts: 18

Hi,

Disregard my previous question.  I figured it out.  Thanks for the great product!

• vaaernvaaern Posts: 64

Is there an easy way to rebuild a skin or change the makeup? I kinda lost the setting I used for a character and want to remake the skin, but somehow cannot seem to figure out which settings I used. I only need to change the make up (eyeliner/shadow and lipstick).

Hi. This all depends on your workflow. I always save a base skin and then make up varients with overlays incase I want to swap out details. If you did not just save a base skin version then it isn't going to be easy.
  • vaaernvaaern Posts: 64

That's too bad then, I forgot to do it and now I can't get the skincolor to be the same :( Guess I'll need to play with it around a bit more and be sure to save a base skin in the future.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084
    edited November 2019

I have been using Skinbuilder since it came out with now problems. Today for some reason it is giving me black sihlouettes and not working. I construct a skin and save it. It shows a black silhouette for a thumbnail. When I apply this MAT to a figure the face works but the rest of the body turns white. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Update it will work still with many of my MATs (not all) but it still gives me the black silhouettes on all of them.

I uninstalled and then re-installed Skinbuilder but to no noticeable affect.

Thumbnails working now. Still unable to modify and save some of skins I have already created. But it works on almost all of them. I will try to redo the ones that do not currently work.

Post edited by Sigurd on
  • Does this let you create textures for the Genesis 8 Female Genitalia attachment?

• I created a skin but how do I save it so I can apply to any other figure that I create? Or should I just generate a new skin each time? Is there a location to save them in the daz file system?

• Son of the RavenSon of the Raven Posts: 119
    edited February 2020

Just now going back to try using this (bought it about a year ago and for some reason tried it out then ended up never using, guessing I had the same problems then as now and just said f- it) but having some problems.

Using 3Delight, left Iray box unchecked, believe I have followed the directions correctly.

First, does this need to be activated in some way? After some more playing around, I've made a couple of skins, answered one or two of my questions - scratch this one.

It keeps switching my viewport to iray mode. It does this, but now I know why. Whenever I change a number amount and hit enter, it switches between the 2 viewport/preview options.

I can only open it by right clicking and choosing load. Double clicking asks if I want to save current scene, then it fails to open, telling me the file is missing (although the file it says is missing is there).

Have been trying makeup and acne - after applying and waiting for it finish, I close the script and get no results on my character. Was attempting to use these over an existing skin with makeup, the new makeup would show for a brief moment then disappear. Works mostly normally on a new SB skin. This did NOT change the glossy problem though.

And have had different problems with the Glossy Amount (at least with lips so far - edit, not just with lips, anywhere with a glossy option) - sometimes it won't let me change the amount at all, sometimes I can change it from 0-100, sometimes it will only allow me to use 0 or 1.

Extra question in edit - was trying to make hot pink makeup (#ff69b4) - lipstick comes out looking like more of a deeper red then the lighter, hot pink. Am I applying the lipstick incorrectly? Applied base then top and bottom. Also experimented with applying gradients and using white for the base with the same results.

I really want to be able to use this product, it has so much to offer, and I'm extremely dissapointed with the 3DL results I see from other products, like FSL Makeup. Will definitely be using this, although the glossy setting is still a big issue.

Post edited by Son of the Raven on
  • Son of the RavenSon of the Raven Posts: 119
    edited February 2020

Haven't answered anymore of my own questions yet, but does anyone have suggestions on how to make the scalera come out more white? My results have all been a bit on the darker side, compared with other eyes and the example images on the product page. I'm rendering with 3DL btw.

saga base sb eyes 1a.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    Post edited by Son of the Raven on
  • i wanted to know how to add to the script but the info in the tutorial is hard to under stand as is not sure how to do what you were saying there and didnt under stand it fully please can you explan it  more on how to add more overlay options. thanks

edited April 2020
    ziatonic said:

Does this let you create textures for the Genesis 8 Female Genitalia attachment?

This let's you save skin textures to it yes. The user guide explains this. All options are under the Gens Tab.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020

I created a skin but how do I save it so I can apply to any other figure that I create? Or should I just generate a new skin each time? Is there a location to save them in the daz file system?

The user guide has a section on how to do this. All options are under the Utilities Tab/Save Skin and Material Presets.

Post edited by Zev0 on
    edited April 2020

i wanted to know how to add to the script but the info in the tutorial is hard to under stand as is not sure how to do what you were saying there and didnt under stand it fully please can you explan it  more on how to add more overlay options. thanks

You need basic understanding of how maps and masking work. I would open some of the product maps in a image editing app, and understand how they are set up, then follow the steps in the user guide. Basically first step is to create a new icon that follows the order of last option in selected tab, then create your additional maps linked to that.

EG if I want to add a new brow option, I would look at last brow icon number in tab, make mine the following so it populates next and does not override existing ones, and then create and rename my files accordingly.

So say last brow option icon is Brow_16. You would make yours Brow_17. Now say Brow_16 uses resource maps Brow_16B and Brow_16M, I would copy those and rename to 17 then edit those images to have your option. I say copy because they are all set dimentions so I would use those as a reference.

Post edited by Zev0 on

Haven't answered anymore of my own questions yet, but does anyone have suggestions on how to make the scalera come out more white? My results have all been a bit on the darker side, compared with other eyes and the example images on the product page. I'm rendering with 3DL btw.

This is a hard one to answer. It all depends on the lights in your scene.

• Zev0 said:

This is a hard one to answer. It all depends on the lights in your scene.

Okay, thanks, I was comparing them to the eyes of other characters in the same scenes and to the original eyes that are standard with the character I'm using. If I can't figure it out, I'll just make up a backstory to explain their appearance.

edited April 2020

Can easily just whiten them in render in an image editor, via tools like the dodge tool.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Hi,

I've used skin builder for awhile now. Recently, when I loaded a character I had generated skin for, the skin was missing. I loaded another character, and it did not have any skin either.

After a bit of poking around, I found that the skins I create are generated in the directory C:\...\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\MyTextures\iray, but the characters surfaces are linked to skin files in a directory for temporary files, C:\...\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\Runtime\Textures\SkinBuilderG8FMR\CreatedMatFiles. I must have cleaned out the temporary files at some point.

What have I missed?

Why do the finished characters use skins from the temporary file area, and not the final output files in the ...\MyTextures\iray directory?

Do I have to change the directory path manually for each part of the models, or is there a way to get Skinbuilder to update the models with the correct path automatically?

Kind regards,

Henrik Mårtensson

• LeanaLeana Posts: 10,932

Once you've finished creating the skin you can generate a preset to apply it. The preset will apply the final texture files, so if you apply it to your character it will now use that and not the temp version.