RRRR Story render contest *closed*

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Zawarkal said:
    also adding to the above question...

will we place all 3 images into the same submission box so they are all together
    and this time will we also include the story with the three images along with the usual title and id tag (edit - I mean in the actual contest submission thread not the comments thread)

I think that is an EXCELLENT idea- when you say submission box, you mean one post, right? That would be the best way to do it so the renders/story aren't scattered about.

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    Jaderail said:
    Totte said:
    How this round is played
    You pull eight items, yes, you heard me, eight items. But the usage of these items are a little special, as you are now supposed to create a story with three images and a story to go with them. You have to use every pulled item at least once, in any of the three images, and you have to use at least two pulled items in any single image. I say it again, Every items has to be used, no less than two items in any of the three images.
    Popped in to check that I have this one right, 8 pulls, got it, three renders, cool with that. This is were I need to be sure, we must use 2 of the pulled items in each render not the SAME 2 but any 2 of the 8? Correct? As long as all 8 get used. Just checking as I set up scenes.

Looks like we got a great set of people in here already. Cool. Luck to all.

Any mix of pulled items in any of the three images but all items has to be used at least once, and at least two in every render.
    Clear enough?

So..., if I use one of my items in only one render (because how often can you use that Complex Lighting thing - okay, bad example; I should have pointed the finger at Decorated Rooms and Nuits Blanches), then this would be cool?

edited December 1969

One more question: Is the rule that the story has to be told in EXACTLY three images?

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

One more question: Is the rule that the story has to be told in EXACTLY three images?
    You maybe Very generous Ken (TY,TY verry much (Read that with a Elvis voice)) but you ask far too many good questions. NOW I need to know that one too. As a Semi Comic book geek the Jader needs info please. Oh yea, so does Ken...
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,489
    edited December 1969

The name is for all three, the story is for all thre, and you post them as all three (you can have more than three images for the same story but the minimum requirement is three and you won't get any bonuses for more than three) in one post in the finished thread together. You can post them here one by one and built your finished post.

edited December 2013

Totte:#1 - Part one

Totte said:
    Story pull #1

#143 Desert Soldier Poses
    #352 Lisa's Botanicals - Hibiscus
    #934 Automatic Teller Machine
    #2012 Hongyu's CowGirl 3 for V4/Elite (Rendo)
    #2324 Light The Way
    #2940 Pred Pack - Olive Trees
    #3522 StarMan
    #3844 The Wrangler

Pulled items in Scene One
    - Hongyu's CowGirl 3 for V4/Elite
    - Lisa's Botanicals - Hibiscus
    - Light the way

Also used:
    (Ivana) V4 + Eleana + Leando Hair + V4 Paris Shoes + Everyday Hands
    (Yuri) Genesis + Jackie-K4 textures + Urban Gear
    Country Kitchen + Country Kitchen accessories + Classic Deco Ecclectic
    Pot from Curious Sojoum
    Advanced Ambient Light
    Area Light Shaders
    Cloud Nine Domes
    Teen Poses for genesis

One day in Ivana Stroganovas life
    A saturday evening, that was supposed to be like every other saturday evenings, Ivana Stroganova was nursing her prize Hibiscus when her son Yuri, came rushing into the kitchen. He was yelling that a big bird had taken his starman, his favorite toy that he got for his tenth birthday last week. At first, Ivana just thought he was telling a childish lie, but after a while she realized that he was probably telling the truth.

Scene-01.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 256K
    Post edited by Totte on
    edited December 1969

Do you mean "SHE realized he was telling the truth?"

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Do you mean "SHE realized he was telling the truth?"
    Thx, typed too late lol
    edited December 1969

Beautiful lighting Totte. Very, very natural.

edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Beautiful lighting Totte. Very, very natural.

Thanks, I really tried to get it looking good, but I had to remove the glasses in the cupboard as they rendered grey even at tracelevel 8 (didnt have time for a 12+ tracelevel render, not with that much transmaps in the flower).

edited December 2013

Totte #1 - part two

Totte said:
    Story pull #1

#2324 Light The Way
    #3522 StarMan
    #3844 The Wrangler

Pulled used in Scene Two
    - Automatic Teller Machine
    - Desert Soldier Poses (on Genesis, D5 and M6)

Also used:
    (Ivana) V4 + Eleana + Leandro Hair + V4 Paris Shoes + Everyday Hands
    (Yuri) Genesis + Jackie-K4 textures + Urban Gear
    Streets
    DzFire Tanks and containers
    David 5 + %0s causal male + Wagner Ponytail
    Doyle + Bad Guy Genesis + Stalker Girl (gun)
    M6 + Brandon + Basic Hair + smay Zombie (clothes) + Meshitup SWT (shoes)
    Eve + Joisie Tails hair + Neat Pleats + Sneakers
    Elegant Swan
    Trash from NYC Street

One day in Ivana Stroganovas life - part two

Ivana being a good mother, decided to take her son downtown the next day to buy him a new Starman. They took the bus and when in town they went to the cash machine to get some cash. Ivana wanted to give to Yuri cash and let him go to the toy store himself. At the cash machine someone had put a note saying:

"Dear Customer, we are performing a security operation on this cash machine for your own protection. To prevent your card from expiring, please write down your card number and pin code here and leave the card in the bin to the right. Best regards, Dr. Phi-Shing Scamalot, Bank Security of Nigeria."

She saw a man being threatened by a gun and assumed he hadn't complied with the written instruction by from the Bank Security of Nigeria. Nigeria? Isn't that in Africa? Strange country to outsource the Bank security to Ivana thought, then se realized she forgot to take out the money. Oh well, it will be a long walk home.

Scene-02.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 215K
    Post edited by Totte on
  • EmsimEmsim Posts: 234
    edited December 1969

Nice job on the renders, Totte. I love the little details you always add, like the starving artist in the second render. :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing how the story ends!

Here's my first pull:

1019 - Parkside Point
    1406 - Absinthe the Green Fairy
    1793 - Hunter DL Poses
    689 - Easter Eggs
    627 - Carnival Carousel
    1264 - D-Claws and D-Squeek
    532 - Galapagos Tortoise
    460 - Welder Girl

Parkside Point and the Galapagos Tortoise again? Oh well, this should be interesting... :)

edited December 1969

emsim said:
    Nice job on the renders, Totte. I love the little details you always add, like the starving artist in the second render. :lol: I'm looking forward to seeing how the story ends!

Thanks, I like details (when possible), make everything much more living, I'm not much for pinups against white background.
    edited December 2013

Ah, so Totte has drawn first blood! Nice work!

So, here's the first installment in my first entry....

Oh, yeah, I'm in!

And here's my first pull:
    1836 - Tales of Adventure for Stephanie Petite
    857 - Happy Camper for V4
    1386 - Nuit Blanches
    295 - Chiko Hair
    502 - Dragon Hoard and Sacrificial Altar
    335 - Complex Global Lighting Pack 1 (Guess I'm doing this one in DS!)
    848 - Hall of Lore-Naz
    442 - Decorated Rooms

An interesting mix. It would be even more interesting if I could remember when (and why!) I picked up all this stuff in the first place!

Story Title: With Friends Like These...
    TAG: obanion#01
    -- Image 1 --
    Image Title: Let's Call It Kismet (Because You Just KNOW Some Idiot Who Fancies Himself a Poet Is Going To!)

Alexis and Martin were old friends; in fact, their friendship went all the way back to middle school. Their friendship had endured through the years because they had a lot in common - not least of which was an unquenchable thirst for adventure. And they had kept in touch regularly, meeting occasionally for lunch or dinner or, if pressed for time, a quick drink and catch-up.

On one such occasion, they met at a speakeasy on the Lower East Side, where Martin told Alexis a little bit about his current "project". (And yes, he even included the 'air-quotes'.) And he invited Alexis to join him, "and all your travel expenses will be on me."

How could she say no? Indeed, why would she even want to? She had always been wildly curious about just what, exactly, her friend did for a living. Martin often referred to himself as a 'repo-man', and until that evening, it had never occurred to her to inquire just what it was that he 'repo-ed'.

She should have been more curious. Because she was soon to find out....

Items from pull used in this image:
    Nuits Blanches (texture set for The Dress)
    Decorated Rooms (Tables and chairs)
    Complex Global Lighting Pack 1

Also used:
    The Dress for SP3 (Required for Nuits Blanches)
    The Paragon
    Victoria 4
    Amaya Hair
    Crazy Nights
    Sofia for V4 and Genesis
    Glasses style 002 by JamesJAB (via ShareCG)
    Michael 3 (No, I haven't retired him yet; there's still a lot of life in the old coot!)
    M3 Poet Shirt
    Rock Star Hair
    Shadow Dancer for Michael 3

Next up: The Adventure Begins...

RRRR_Story_01-01.png
    922 x 642 - 794K
    Post edited by Ken OBanion on
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah, I'm in!

1386 - Nuit Blanches
    295 - Chiko Hair
    848 - Hall of Lore-Naz
    442 - Decorated Rooms

An interesting mix. It would be even more interesting if I could remember when (and why!) I picked up all this stuff in the first place!

A bit of filler, because..., well, you know.

Martin was what some would call a 'soldier of fortune'. Except, in his case, he dealt with actual fortunes: valuable artifacts that, for whatever reason, were taken from their rightful owners, and whose owners, quite understandably, wanted to get them back. And that's where Martin came in.

People hired him to locate and retrieve these valuable artifacts; hence his description of himself as a 'repo-man'. His job was to 'repossess' those items, and bring them home. And he was very, very good at his job.

His current assignment, however, was to recover a person, not an artifact: the King of a land called Novaria, who had disappeared many years ago, under highly mysterious circumstances, and had not been seen or heard from since. It had long been assumed by the people of Novaria that their sovereign was dead; even the Queen believed this. But she wanted proof.

The Queen's oldest daughter, Keira, had volunteered to accompany Martin on his mission, and he had agreed. He felt that she would be useful in negotiating the unfamiliar ways and customs of her family's realm.

Also, he had heard that she was downright formidable in a fight; a skill-set that could definitely be useful.

-- Image 2 --
    Image Title: This Was Not Mentioned in the Briefing

They entered the cave cautiously, with Keira leading the way, sword in hand. 'Sword?' Alexis thought. Just what had she gotten herself into?

Suddenly Keira stopped and turned around. "Did you hear that?" she asked. "What was that sound?"

As Martin's flashlight beam pierced the darkness, Alexis stifled a scream. "Never mind the sound," she exclaimed, "What the hell is THAT!?"

Keira gave both Martin and Alexis a sheepish look. "Um, yeah, about that," she confessed. "I probably should have mentioned the dragon, shouldn't I have?"

"Gee, ya THINK!?"

Tales of Adventure for Stephanie Petite
    Chiko Hair
    Happy Camper for V4
    Dragon Hoard and Sacrificial Altar

Also Include in scene:
    DAZ Mil Dragonlair
    Millennium Dragon
    M3 Relic Hunter
    Questor's Modern Guns

RRRR_Story_01-02.png
    922 x 642 - 713K
    edited December 2013

Wow! I can see that I'm going to be pressed hard as both a 3D Artist and a story teller in this contest. Great stuff folks...

Jaderail said:
    #196 Casual Jeans and T-Shirt for Genesis Female
    #819 Lisa's Botanicals - Signs of Spring
    #654 Greatswords
    #230 City Ruins : Vehicles
    #1631 Victoria 6 HD
    #589 Garden Escape Bridge
    #280 Country Intrigue Poses DS
    #772 Last Gladiator for M4 and F4

First off, what was used. From the PULL's we have...
    Casual Jeans and T-Shirt for Genesis Female
    Lisa's Botanicals - Signs of Spring
    Greatswords
    City Ruins - Vehicles
    Victoria 6 HD
    Courtly Intrigue Poses DS
    Last Gladiator for M4 and F4

also used items... Parts of or sets of...
    Build a Scene
    Urban Sprawl 2
    M4 Bodysuit Unimesh fits - Elite
    Grassy Grounds Megapack
    StreetWear - Sneakers for V6
    Alanna Hair
    Timeless Male Hair
    Real World Heros Police Officer M4 H4
    Lorenzo
    Lorreta
    Micheal 4
    Freak 4
    The Inquisition
    Cloud Nine for DAZ Studio
    Supersuit Shaders

TAG: Jaderail #1
    Title: Marble Comix presents - Issue #12 RED Gemini the Chronicles
    Sub-title: The Omega Factor

[Blurb] The place, Corporate Park downtown Corporate City, the time, NOW. [/Blurb]
    [Random Crowd noises] Are the Hero's really going to fight? Ah, come on man, move over I can't see. Step back folks, you were told to STAY INDOORS!! [/Random Crowd noises]

Vicky - "You can't fight Omega, your but a clone of him."
    Gemini -"You don't understand Vicky, if I do not face him and win HE will assume charge of your world. Omega is a puritan, he would follow the galactic law to the letter. You and your world would suffer under his guardianship."
    Omega - "Have you gone native on me Red the Gemini? Yet another reason I'm glad I decided to check up on you. Look at this world, the natives do not even follow orders from their on government. You are too soft on them I think."
    Gemini - "Choose your weapon Omega, until you defeat me my words are law here not yours."
    Omega - "These pitiful things? Really? I reject your choice of weapons. We will settle this one to one!"
    Vicky - "Must you Gemini? The Omega's are the best ever created."
    Gemini - "I must and I shall, Vicky. Now clear the Field. I've done the best I could to keep innocents from harms way. I don't wish you or any others to come to harm."

Best Viewed full size, Click and click as needed...
    RRRR-Gemni-01.png
    1125 x 1462 - 3M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Ken: You'remaking a story with a real RRRR twist to it, really wanna know how this one ends.
    Jaderail: That's a story worthy any comic book, and a great render too, looking forward to see how this one will evolve!

edited December 1969

Totte_ #1 - final part

Totte said:
    Story pull #1

#2324 Light The Way
    #3522 StarMan
    #3844 The Wrangler

Pulled items in scene three
    - Pred Pack - Olive Trees
    - StarMan
    - The Wrangler

Also Used:
    Boundless Journey (for The Wrangler) + DAZ horse 2 Pro Bundle
    Dan M6 + TOA Legends + Alpha Scalp
    M5 + Adventurer
    BWC Country road + Hilly Surround
    Skies of Economy
    Area lights
    Lowres chickens (cage) + Metalize + Dragon Clutch

One day in Ivana Stroganovas life - final part
    Sad they walked together, Ivana and her son Yuri, the long walk home to the house, as they had no money to buy any bus tickets with. When they passed the olive hills, they saw two strangely dressed men with a funny wagon. They said that they had just caught an escaped baby dragon that had been seen here. The baby dragon looked like a huge bird, and in its's nest the dragon hunters had found a toy, Yuri's Starman. The dragon was now placed inside a magic cage which prevented the dragon from using it's lethal fire breath.

It all ended happy, Yuri got his Starman back, and Ivana found her knight in shining armor, though the armor was not that shiny, but the man wearing it was.

scene-03.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 219K
    edited December 1969

Oh, yeah, I'm in!

1386 - Nuit Blanches
    295 - Chiko Hair
    848 - Hall of Lore-Naz
    442 - Decorated Rooms

Story Title: With Friends Like These...

-- Image 3 --
    Image Title: The Return of the King (Well, Parts of Him, Anyway)

Martin and Alexis' audience with the Queen was a somber affair: her worst fears had been confirmed to be true, and she was devastated. But she retained her grace and dignity, and bore the sad news stoically.

It was a bittersweet moment for Alexis, as well. Her adventure with Martin was coming to an end, and she was going to miss him. He would soon be tearing off on another assignment, probably a dangerous one, and she couldn't help but be worried about his safety, until she saw him again. But maybe....

Maybe he'd let her come along on his next assignment. That way, she could keep an eye on him. It was certainly something to think about. After all, Martin got a souvenir of their adventure; perhaps she could, too.

Martin.

Hall of Lore-Naz
    Tales of Adventure for Stephanie Petite
    Chiko Hair (SP3 fit)
    Happy Camper for V4
    Dragon Hoard and Sacrificial Altar (the Dragon Hoard part)

Also used:
    Darya for Victoria 3
    Kozaburo's Short Hair Evolution
    V3 Morphing Fantasy Dress
    'On the Dark Side' texture for MFD
    Pharaohs of the Sun for V4
    Gala texture for Pharaohs dress

RRRR_Story_01-03.png
    600 x 600 - 573K
  • SasjeSasje Posts: 835
    edited December 1969

Cool :-)

Tag: Sasje #01

Title: The Magic Gate picture 1

One day little Maggie was tired to play in the backyard,, she wanted on adventure with her new bike
    she went out with her bike until she came to the old gate and heard a noise, but she is young and curious and went secretly watching and when she saw what a man was doing with the chest, she was shocked. Startled she dropped her bike. ( be continued)

Pull: 1
    - the Girl 4 Base
    - The Treasure Beast (used)
    - DVDs and Stand
    - The Backyard
    - Old Fashioned Bicycles (used)
    - Axes of Power (used)
    - Dystopia City Blocks 011-020
    - Moon Gate (used)

For the rest:
    - Celestial Mage for the Mage
    - M4
    - Sorcerous Stronghold
    - genesis + hair and clothes
    - beard for M4

RRRR_Story_Dec_P1.jpg
    1066 x 800 - 239K
    edited December 1969

That was fun! I want to do it again!

Next pull:
    634 - Everyday Stationery
    904 - Hiro 5 Pro Bundle
    2142 - Victorian Street Props
    405 - David Diversified
    1059 - Lily Nymph for Genesis
    2106 - Veranda Cafe
    1964 - The Waterfall Tool
    1527 - Raelyn for Stephanie 4

This could get interesting. Especially with that Hiro 5 bundle in there. (I really, really hate anime!)

edited December 1969

That was fun! I want to do it again!

I knew you would love it, just see the rules ;-)

This could get interesting. Especially with that Hiro 5 bundle in there. (I really, really hate anime!)

So do I and I'm also agonizing about pulling Aiko & Hiro bundles...
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 2013

Ooh, very nice render, Ken. I like Martin's boots!

Loved your happy ending Totte. Can't believe the pair of you are already through a whole story though! I'm still getting ready to post my first one.

It's going to be interesting seeing what unfolds. I want to learn more about little Maggie and who beats who in Gemini vs. Omega...

Newbie Question: is postwork permitted?

Post edited by IndigoJanson on
    edited December 2013

Second Newbie Question: Why does my image look so pixellated in the preview and is there any way I can fix this?

Tag: Jindi #01

Story Title: Grandpa's Whirlwind Romance

Picture title: A Moonlit Stroll on a Not So Still Night

"Now settle down, kids, while I tell you a story my grandfather told me when I was no bigger than a munchkin myself. It's the story of how he met my grandmother.

It was a dark December night. No, not stormy. A very still night, in fact, with a beautiful moon shining down.

Now, there was a big dance that night and everyone was going. He wasn't much of a dancer, was Grandpa Frank, but his friend Jimmy had promised to introduce him to Jimmy's cousin Gayle. She'd been sent east on a visit, and didn't dress like folks round there. But Frank thought she was mighty pretty just the same.

She seemed keen on him too, and so he suggested they slip away and take a walk over to the old carousel in the moonlight. It was hot and stuffy in the dance hall, you see, and hard to have a decent conversation over all the noise. On the way out Gayle grabbed a bottle of cordial. At least, that's what she said it was, though who knows, those being the days of moonshine.

If you stop fidgeting, I'll try and get to the point. Well then, there they were enjoying a breath of fresh air. It must have been very mild for the time of year as Grandpa remembered that they both forgot their overcoats.

That was their first bad decision, but not I fear their last. Just as it neared midnight, all of a sudden it turned breezy. Before they had time to head back, the breeze turned into a wind that got wilder with every minute. It must have been the wind that made that creaky old carousel start to spin...

Ever the gentleman, Frank grabbed Gayle tightly by the hand and made a run for a nearby conservatory where the park's gardeners nurtured the young plants. Sure, it was a house made mostly of glass, but he wanted to make a good impression so he promised Gayle that they'd be safe there."

Items pulled:
    One Thousand and Two Nights
    Cotton Candy for the Carousel - Used
    The Conservatory - Used
    Pyrit Hair for Genesis 1
    Mitsu Hair for Aiko 3 - Used
    The Shelter
    Deco Bed 1
    Pred Pack Poppies

Also used:
    The Carousel (obviously) :)
    Millennium Environment with Hunter's Moon
    Predatron Light Presets
    Plantz
    MFD / MFD Wonderland
    Caleb / D5 / various morphs
    Azumi / A5 / S5 mix
    Genesis Hooded Cloak
    Genesis with Troll and Hunchback morphs
    1930s Menswear for M4
    Mad Doctor for Genesis
    Dark Trees
    Debris from The Cloister and The Garbage Pile

rrr1_jindi.png
    800 x 800 - 1M
    Post edited by IndigoJanson on
    edited December 2013

Jaderail said:
    #196 Casual Jeans and T-Shirt for Genesis Female
    #819 Lisa's Botanicals - Signs of Spring
    #654 Greatswords
    #230 City Ruins : Vehicles
    #1631 Victoria 6 HD
    #589 Garden Escape Bridge
    #280 Country Intrigue Poses DS
    #772 Last Gladiator for M4 and F4

TAG: Jaderail #1 Part 2

Item's Featured in this image...From the Pulls
    City Ruins : Vehicles
    Last Gladiator for M4 and F4,,,

Others used but not featured...

RED Gemini
    [Blurb] With a sound like a massive lighting strike the first blow is thrown! [/Blurb]
    [Vicky] Oh my! [/Vicky]
    [Crowd] Holy Smokes! I'm way too close for comfort! Dang it People! Run, run as fast as you can!! [/Crowd]
    [More Blurbs] For what seemed to be hours the two mighty Titans fought. The very air seemed to burn as energies not of this world were tossed from one to the other. Parts of Corporate City New York fell. Fist's slammed into flesh, into Armor and into stone and steel. [/More Blurbs]

Gemini "You have fallen Omega! Stay down before one of us is forced to go to far."
    Omega "You fight well Red of the Gemini, I concede my defeat."
    Gemini "For the next Solar year this world is under my guardianship Omega. Don't darken it's skies again until then!"

Click and Click as before.

RRRR-Gemni-02.png
    1125 x 1462 - 3M
    Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Postworlk is permitted and hmm sometimes the built in compression in the forum does that.
    On my phone as someone has chewed up a major internet cable in the area ....

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    edited December 2013

Totte said:
    Postworlk is permitted and hmm sometimes the built in compression in the forum does that.
    On my phone as someone has chewed up a major internet cable in the area ....

...must be those bloody squirrels again.

Anyway, looks like we're off to a good start. I'm dead in the water for now until I can figure out how to kickstart the CMS which flatlined on me yesterday.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Totte said:

Thanks Totte, my renders feel kind of naked without a little postwork. Switching to a PNG helped the compression issue a bit.

edited December 1969

Jindi said:
    Totte said:

Thanks Totte, my renders feel kind of naked without a little postwork. Switching to a PNG helped the compression issue a bit.

It depends on the render, hopefully my next pull will give me an idea that will call for postwork ;-)

edited December 1969

From Jaderail's story: "Holy Smokes! I’m way too close for comfort! Dang it People! Run, run as fast as you can!!

LOL- I really love these "family friendly" stories. :) I can just see people being told to get the "heck"out of there with the person taking charge saying "Dang it!" I laughed SO hard when I read that- thanks for making my day Jaderail!