Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    edited April 2019

Funny, in DAZ Studio it's renamed to Morph-splitter, but in the Store it's Shape-Splitter.

Post edited by Hurdy3D on
  • radiaradia Posts: 128

Ah great! Just a name change. Many thanks.

• So if you had a "dial spun" character that contained numerous morphs, how would you create separate head and body X-Morphs from it? Note; also wanting to retain pose parameters and manual node scaling of  the character - separate  head and body morphs that independently work well with the base figure. Thanks

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276
    edited June 2019

If you have a character that has a large number of morphs, you should create a new unique morph using the spawn option of X-Morphs (Shape Splitter).
    I made a video that uses the character Caryn (Baby), which can not be directly divided with the script, and that's why "Spawn" is used to create a new morph.

There you see the necessary steps, when the figure has a different size to the base figure of Genesis.
    Any other questions, let me know.

BabyCaryn.png
    433 x 554 - 400K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • jedijuddjedijudd Posts: 606

I can not find this any more in daz under x-morphs or shape splitter

https://www.daz3d.com/shape-splitter

Sometimes the link fails, update the page with F5

I"m sorry I mean't in my own library I purchased it while it was still X-morphs now I can not find it anywhere in my library under x-morphs or shape splitter

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

have you tried looking in Scripts/X-Tools in your library?

Very strange, it just showed up in my scripts again

• 3DmentiaNull3DmentiaNull Posts: 98
    edited June 2019

Thanks for the new videos, they're more helpful now with voiceovers, though some of the words are difficult to understand - they're all important without a full manual. As regards to what I'm trying to do, are you saying that I just have to uncheck "pose to zero before spawn" in Clean/Zero and click "spawn morph"? Seems to me that none of the other things done in that video would be relevant. I've done exhaustive testing and only tests with really simple charactors have been successful. The complex charactors I want to split get drastically modified by "spawn morph" and aren't useable enough to split anything. I've tried all the different combinations of boxes in Clean/Zero, like just leaving "pose to zero before spawn" checked,  but that takes out a lot of what I want to keep, like face pose - and that doesn't fix all the modification and distortion. Did you omit some important consideration? Also, what does "overide existing morph" do? / thanks

Post edited by 3DmentiaNull on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

what directory are the xmorphs-generated morph assets saved to, by default? 

thanks!

j

In your library as follows:

For Genesis 8 Female the directory is:
    My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs\CGI3DM\X-MORPHS\

For Genesis 8 Male the directory is:
    My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Male\Morphs\CGI3DM\X-MORPHS\

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,257

Can you split and combine HD morphs?

• peenwolf said:

Can you split and combine HD morphs?

No, I'm afraid not.

The HD cannot be divided, but the morphs can be combined.

Here is a video of how to do it.

The full HD detail is maintained and the head of the figure is changed.
    By using negative values of morphs

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,151

Beyond cool! 

blahbla said:

Thanks for the new videos, they're more helpful now with voiceovers, though some of the words are difficult to understand - they're all important without a full manual. As regards to what I'm trying to do, are you saying that I just have to uncheck "pose to zero before spawn" in Clean/Zero and click "spawn morph"? Seems to me that none of the other things done in that video would be relevant. I've done exhaustive testing and only tests with really simple charactors have been successful. The complex charactors I want to split get drastically modified by "spawn morph" and aren't useable enough to split anything. I've tried all the different combinations of boxes in Clean/Zero, like just leaving "pose to zero before spawn" checked,  but that takes out a lot of what I want to keep, like face pose - and that doesn't fix all the modification and distortion. Did you omit some important consideration? Also, what does "overide existing morph" do? / thanks

"overide existing morph".-This option allows you to overwrite the morph you previously saved.

"pose to zero before spawn".- This option executes the "Zero Figure Pose" command before performing the Spawn morph. This in order to prevent any movement that has been made in the character. Because SpawnMorph, "captures" the shape of the current figure.

Another way is to block the desired morphs, perform the SpawnMorph, and subsequently unlock and change the value to zero the morphs, since the morph could be duplicated which would cause distortions.

• Thanks for replying. I'm not understanding "Another way is to block the desired morphs " etc.. I'd appreciate it if you would re-state this approach and include why a morph could be duplicated. Thanks

edited July 2019

When you run SpawnMorph it creates a new morph based on the shape of the current figure(Tyris). And it sets the new morph to 100%(Tyris_Spawn) and the "Zero Figure Shape" command is automatically executed so that all morphs are set to zero. If for some reason some morph is not set to zero after spawn, in this case Tyris, it will distort the figure by the double effect (Duplicate) of the morph..
    The image shows how the nose is distorted when both the previous morph (Tyris) is applied with the new morph (Tyris_Spawn).

There are times when executing "Zero Figure Shape" not all morphs are set to zero, so you should manually set all morphs.

An easy way to see the morphs that are still present and that can cause distortions is in Parameters - Currently Used.

That is, once you did SpawnMorph, go to check "Currently Used" that the morph values (control) are set to zero.

TyrisHead.jpg
    961 x 467 - 89K
    Currently Used.jpg
    422 x 360 - 45K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • Thank you, that reminds me (having "pose to zero before spawn" unchecked) how confusing it can get if you don't zero the figure after spawning in order to see the created x-morph correctly. Also, one time I was unable to zero the figure because I had locked some node scaling - big confusion. Checking "currently used" is at least a quicker way to to see all the morphs that are on. Anyway, I'm very happy to say that after looking at various tuts, I have a method that's been working for me to split head and body on complex characters with this program and even save added DS smoothing modification. Overly simplified version / 1. Zero the character's resolution 2. Export the charactor as an obj. 3. Import the obj. with morph loader pro. 4. Adjust rigging to shape. 5. Split using the easy method in Shape Splitter. / Once you have the obj. in MLP you can add the DS smoothing modifier to your character, then "spawn morph", (with "pose to zero before spawn" unchecked ), and then the smoothing is captured, but remember to turn the smoothing modifier off after spawning in order to accurately see the spawned morph. You can then split things using the easy method. / I'll use this method some more, do some more testing and post a more detailed explanation that hopefully would help avoid some strange things that have happened in my tests. Thank you CGI3DM for this valuable addition to DS!

Thank you for your comments and I am glad that the script has been useful to you.

• Hi, I have purchased this add on because I need to create a character with half face that looks like it's melting. 

To do this, i would like to split the genesis 8 character (that I have shaped to look like someone) in  half vertically. I can't seem to be able to, as the head only splits from the body, even if I position the plane splitter.

What can I do? 

thanks

• mcorrmcorr Posts: 1,056

The promised manual was apparently never written. I can’t make any sense out of the quick start, nor the video I found.

Please provide me with step by step screen shots for a morph creation of a character’s feet. Please don’t jump over parts. If you have links to improved videos (as an addition to my request, not as a substitute to it), I could take a look at those too. Thank you.

• AsariAsari Posts: 703
    Ah, I was delighted to find out this script exists and then saw that it doesn't work with HD morphs. Sad, since unselecting morphs from certain vertices via the geometry tool doesn't work either with HD detail (is this the reason why it doesn't work with HD?). For so many characters I only wish the body details on the hands and not on the entire body if the characters wears clothing ... but in close ups hands look so much better with HD details on.
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,907

HD shape stuff is the sole province of Daz vendors, that's why.

Two open tech support questions directed at the vendor and he’s been AWOL since October (aside from never providing the promised manual). I for one won’t be buying anything from him again, as the documentation is (as others have stated) wholly lacking. This problem is *not* going to happen to me again.

• hfilbhfilb Posts: 61
    mcorr said:

Two open tech support questions directed at the vendor and he’s been AWOL since October (aside from never providing the promised manual). I for one won’t be buying anything from him again, as the documentation is (as others have stated) wholly lacking. This problem is *not* going to happen to me again.

That's your right. Your problem isn't a technical issue that the vendor needs to patch; it's a rather brash request for a personalized tutorial within a 4 day time frame during the holidays. It seems like most people in this thread have tinkered and found out how to use this product to make some amazing things. The documentation cannot cover step-by-step every permutation of vertex/bone/plane splitting for edge cases. Hobbyist software or not, some trial and error goes a long way. 

No step by step screenshots here, just good old reading and deduction using what we know of Daz figures in general. This product assumes the user knows a thing or two about that.

I assume by "morph creation of a character’s feet" you want to separate the feet morphs from a character to use elsewhere. First load in a default G8 and run the script. In Step 1,  the product needs a way to know how to divide a character. Right away when we launch the script, we see the Easy panel doesn't divide the target part; we want the feet only, not the entire legs. The Material panel also doesn't do what we want because the feet don't have their own material surface zone (check it). But in the Bones panel we can scroll down and see that, lo and behold, there is a heirarchy for the feet bones (left and right feet). Select all the child bones for the left and right feet (including all the toes).

In Step 2, click where it says "Select a property..." and start typing the morph you want to separate. So if you like Victoria 8's feet, you would write "Victoria 8" and choose FBMVictoria8 (Victoria 8 Body). FBM = female body morph. Don't choose FHM as that's the head only.

The video then clearly shows how to preview and save out the morph for use with other characters. You can tinker with including more bones when transplanting the feet, as some characters are taller than their base counterparts, so the ankles can get distorted if you don't also include the shin bones. Victoria 8, for example, has this problem.

There are more advanced uses of this product to do the same thing, but this is the quick and dirty, figure-it-out-in-15-minutes method of transplanting feet. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 9,002

I think FBM = Full Body Morph.

edited December 2019

@hflib

Thanks for the hints regarding getting the foot thing right. I'll give that a try.

About your other comments (which feature a series of logical fallacies ... as well as better being addressed by the vendor himself, instead of  those who have no horse in the race), I've sent you a msg

Now, let's see if your problem-solving advice was useful.

Post edited by mcorr on
  • hfilbhfilb Posts: 61
    edited December 2019
    Artini said:

I think FBM = Full Body Morph.

Hehe I was too cranky to realize that mistake. Nice catch

About your other comments (which feature a series of logical fallacies ... as well as better being addressed by the vendor himself, instead of  those who have no horse in the race), I've sent you a msg

I do hope the tips were useful. I know a couple other users were asking about how to do this (but they didn't know of this product's existence). Hopefully this will be viewable in the forum search so people can find it (and they can also learn what isn't a logical fallacy). 

Post edited by hfilb on