Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

15678911»

Comments

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

It is not recommended to create a morph and a pose at the same time. The best thing is to create the morph (save Assets), and then apply the pose and now create a controller.

This will apply the pose and morph.

• lukon100lukon100 Posts: 761

CGI3DM said:

It is not recommended to create a morph and a pose at the same time. The best thing is to create the morph (save Assets), and then apply the pose and now create a controller.

This will apply the pose and morph.

Thanks much for answering!

So the answer to my question is "No", we cannot use a pose as input for a combined/spawned morph within Shape Splitter, without doubling the pose.

While making a new ERC controller to put the pose in is one good solution, in this case I would rather just export the figure with the pose applied and re-import it and re-rig it. I really do want the pose integrated with the morphs.

So, after the spawn /combine close the script.
    Execute "Adjust Rigging to Shape"
    Then edit the morph (You_New_Morph_Spawn), and do the ERC_freeze again. and save the asset

• Seven193Seven193 Posts: 1,064
    edited September 2023

On the first page, you show a promo video showing how to add Ollie's nose to the base G8M character.
    How to do this in reverse?

Assume the Ollie head morph is applied 100% to base G8M character.  Now, how to remove Ollie's nose only, so it reverts back to base G8M character's nose, while everything else remains the same.

Post edited by Seven193 on

It is very simple, only change the value of the nose from 100% to -100%, this means that for example only the head of Ollie's is left without the change(morph) of the nose.

Ollie's head  100%

Nose (Shape Splitter)  -100%

edited September 2023

Thanks for the reply, but where/what is that nose value, -100%, which step (1-5) ?

Step 1: Select Regions, Nose.
    Step 2: Select Ollie 8 Head, morph strength: 100%.
    Step 3: n/a?
    Step 4: n/a
    Step 5: n/a

edited September 2023

Ok, I read a SS help docs section called "Negative Morphs".  It says to set Limit Min Morph to -100%, and click Save Setting.

But I don't understand how "Shape Splitter" appears in the Parameters tab under Genesis 8 Male -> Actor (help docs screenshot).  When and how does this happen? Is the SS script still running?  How do you go from using the SS script back to the Daz Studio parameters tab?

edited September 2023

Found this video:

Ok, the morph must be saved in Step 5 before it appears in the DS Parameters tab.

But, setting -100% to this SS morph removes the entire morph, not just the nose, and crushes the face.
    So, first try didn't work.

In the video tutorial, they use the "Calculate" button, but this button is not mentioned in the "Negative Morphs" SS help docs.  Is this button used in all cases, before saving the SS morph?  Tried using it, didn't help.

Can someone just post a screenshot of Ollie's head morph without his nose, as proof that it works?

edited September 2023

Ok, after several tries, I finally got it to work.  But, it only worked using the "Weight Map" selection option.
    All other selection methods failed.

Regions -> Nose selection method: Failed
    Bones -> Nose selection method: Failed (script wouldn't even let me select/preview it)

Weight Map:
    - Must click "Load D-Formers(s) Presets.." button.
    - Load "Shape Splitter Genesis 8 Male Split Dformer.duf".
    - Select All, click Accept.

This loads several D-Former weight maps, one of which includes "D-Former_G8M Nose".

I tried with and without clicking on the Calculate button, but I couldn't tell the difference between the two.

Question is, why is "Weight Map" the only reliable selection method, while the others failed?

edited September 2023

I forget, that you also have to decrease the smoothing area so that it does not affect the eyes such as the mouth, because they are very close together, and by default the smoothing area is 10 centimeters. You have to change it to about 1-2cm. I attach the image for the area of "Regions". In the case of "bones", not all bones work, and in the case of the nose that method does not work.

OllieNose.jpg
    919 x 510 - 131K
    OllieFinal.jpg
    1558 x 662 - 250K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
    edited September 2023

Thanks again.  Yes, average distance between a person's eyes is around 60mm, so 10cm (100mm) is very large. Average width of a person's nose is around 2cm.  However, it seems Weight Maps don't use smoothing or cm distance (control is disabled), they have their own attenuation.  I tried both Regions and Weight Maps, and it seems the Weight Maps preset for the nose works best.

Another reason to use Weights Maps is that you can see their attenuation and falloff, it's visualized. Other selection methods are not visualized, so I didn't know 10cm would affect the entire face, and not just the nose.

I think it would be interesting if there was some way to convert one type of selection into a weight map selection.  So, you could have the best of both worlds.  Like select a nose region and convert it into a weight map selection, somehow.

• linoge8888linoge8888 Posts: 62
    edited October 2023

Well, I wanna apply a xenoman arm on my Nix, but I can't get a good result, even with the position fix. Is it because it's a HD morph ?

Sans titre.png
    1095 x 536 - 164K
    Post edited by linoge8888 on
    edited October 2023

I recommend:
    That you use two morphs.
    The first ArmLeftXenoman morph, include the hand, and increase the smoothing, 5cm is too little for the arm, 10 or 15cm would be fine.

Then for the new morph "ArmLeftXenoman", you use the script again but now only for the hand.

And now you set -100% for the hand (morph negative).

ArmLeftXenoman 100%
    Left HandArmXenoman -100%

handmuto.jpg
    1673 x 987 - 338K
    arm.jpg
    360 x 443 - 30K
    hand.jpg
    311 x 305 - 13K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • linoge8888linoge8888 Posts: 62
    edited October 2023

It worked great! One last thing and I apology if you already gave the answer in this thread or in the manual : I create morph 1. Then I apply another morph on the figure. If I save this as morph 2, the related controller will affect morph 1 too. So far I have to close the script and clear or respawn the figure each time. Is there an option to reset the figure directly in the script ?   

EDIT : Found it in Settings > Clean/Zero > Morph to zero before preview

Post edited by linoge8888 on
  • FrankTheTankFrankTheTank Posts: 1,131
    edited October 2023

I've had this for a couple years but never used it because I was intimidated by it. Been playing with it for a couple nights, finally got some decent results after some slight initial frustration.

Post edited by FrankTheTank on