Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,889

By the way, in case someone thinks 'ha! stupid PAs! See? Separate head and body stuff is easy!'

There are things called JCMs, Joint Control Morphs. They are specific morph dials that are tied to movement. So, for example, a model pivots the leg up, and the hip folds in a very 'paper doll falling apart' manner, you need to create a morph of how it's SUPPOSED to look. These morphs are generally controlled by the figure's overall morph, so when you have Bubblebuddy morph dialed up, all the appropriate JCMs will kick on when needed.

The problem comes into multiple base morphs.

If you have Bubblebuddy_Head and Bubblebuddy_Body and Bubblebuddy_Complete, you have an issue; you want Complete because you can't cleanly mesh head and body across the neck, so you want a morph that applies properly.

Now you have to figure out JCMs linked only to the head, only to the body, and then to the overall figure. You've at least doubled your work, possibly tripled or more.

And people aren't going to pay 2-4x as much for that figure.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    Oso3D said:

By the way, in case someone thinks 'ha! stupid PAs! See? Separate head and body stuff is easy!'

There are things called JCMs, Joint Control Morphs. They are specific morph dials that are tied to movement. So, for example, a model pivots the leg up, and the hip folds in a very 'paper doll falling apart' manner, you need to create a morph of how it's SUPPOSED to look. These morphs are generally controlled by the figure's overall morph, so when you have Bubblebuddy morph dialed up, all the appropriate JCMs will kick on when needed.

If you have Bubblebuddy_Head and Bubblebuddy_Body and Bubblebuddy_Complete, you have an issue; you want Complete because you can't cleanly mesh head and body across the neck, so you want a morph that applies properly.

Now you have to figure out JCMs linked only to the head, only to the body, and then to the overall figure. You've at least doubled your work, possibly tripled or more.

Where is the BubbleBuddy character? 

Okay trying to follow, I think.

Made up example because I don't want to drag anyone's products into this.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704
    Oso3D said:

Made up example because I don't want to drag anyone's products into this.

0.o 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,567
    Oso3D said:

I doubt anyone is really thinking it's easy, more it's doable instead of being told flatout NO. Well at least now there is a product that will do what the PAs don't want to do, regardless of the reasons and both sides win. I am way more inclined to buy from a few PAs that don't ever do seperate head and body morphs now and they get less grief from customers. With the ability to change the head on Ronen now he has become usable and become my goto male figure.

People absolutely do think it’s way easier than it is. I don’t think most customers are even aware of jcms, and even those who are don’t realize the work to put them all in.

• gavincroutgavincrout Posts: 28

It was stated that this plugin supports clothing and hair somehow. Does that mean that ALL the clothings able to be morphed from each other using this plugin? 

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

It was stated that this plugin supports clothing and hair somehow. Does that mean that ALL the clothings able to be morphed from each other using this plugin? 

You can divide the morphs of clothes, props or hair.
    For the case of hair or complex geometry, it would only be with D-Former weight maps.

• Will this product allow me to make the characters clothing bulge around a gun tucked into the waistline for example or hidden under a shirt?

Will this product allow me to make the characters clothing bulge around a gun tucked into the waistline for example or hidden under a shirt?

A deformer would probably be easier.

Maybe I am missing something, but I created a morph for GM8 and all went well and when I open "that" project I can see the morph listed under XMORPH. Yet when I load a new GM8 up, the morph is missing. Anyone else seeing this odd behavior?

Maybe I am missing something, but I created a morph for GM8 and all went well and when I open "that" project I can see the morph listed under XMORPH. Yet when I load a new GM8 up, the morph is missing. Anyone else seeing this odd behavior?

Did you save the morph as Asset?

Or

File - Save As - SupportAsset - Morph Asset(s).- Select your morph.

edited May 2018

Then what is this save dialogue (save remaining morph)??

xmorphsave.jpg
    844 x 710 - 257K
    Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Then what is this save dialogue (save remaining morph)??

If you have selected the head as the image shows, you would save the body (remaining to the selected).
    So you can have the 2 morphs, head and body, which when combined will be the same as the original morph

So even though I will never use head morph and only the remaining body morph, I need to save the head as a morph in order to keep the body only remaining morph??

So how do I delete the remaining body xmorph that is in the project GM8?

edited May 2018

Only save the remaining morph, it is not necessary to save the head.
    And save as asset, so that it is available with load the base figure.

When you save as asset, it is saved in the folder

YOURLIBRARY\data\DAZ 3D\YOURFIGURE\Base\Morphs\CGI3DM\X-MORPHS

Post edited by CGI3DM on

Thanks, I will try that out.

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Feature Request:

It would be cool if you could add a advantaged "Soomthing Feature" where we can overwrite the default smoothing bone by bone.

Use case: I have full body morphs (with head). I want to divide them. For the body a smoothing of 10 is fine, but for the head I need 2.
    It is a little bit problematically if want to dividie such a morph with parts of the head and parts of the body, because of the the different nessecery smoothing.

edited May 2018
    gerster said:

Feature Request:

It would be cool if you could add a advantaged "Soomthing Feature" where we can overwrite the default smoothing bone by bone.

Use case: I have full body morphs (with head). I want to divide them. For the body a smoothing of 10 is fine, but for the head I need 2.
    It is a little bit problematically if want to dividie such a morph with parts of the head and parts of the body, because of the the different nessecery smoothing.

I do not understand the request well. You can decrease the smoothing in two ways.
    1.- Preview for Body - Save Morph
    2.- Change the smoothing to 2 cm or move the dial to about 20%(fast)

3.- Preview for head - Save Morph

Smoothing.jpg
    329 x 481 - 29K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
    CGI3DM said:
    gerster said:

I do not understand the request well. You can decrease the smoothing in two ways.
    1.- Preview for Body - Save Morph
    2.- Change the smoothing to 2 cm or move the dial to about 20%(fast)
    3.- Preview for head - Save Morph

Thank you for you response.
    Correct, you did not understand my request well wink

I have a full body morph (head to feet) and want to devide it part by part for a slow transformation. I create multiple morphs and each time I add some more body parts to the morph.
    This is working very well. But the problem is that for everything below the neck a smoothing of 10 is the value what I need, but for the head I need a smoothing of 2.
    What I miss is the option to define in a single morph different smoothings for different body parts.

Example: I have a werwolf morph and I want to divide the chest (smoothing 10) AND the left claw (smoothing 5) in a single morph. This is currently not possible because the smoothing is set for the whohle morph. (Yes I know in this example I could do a sperate chest and claw morph and combine them in a second step togehter).

What I am asking for an adavanged smoothing button. You still have the smoothing as it, but if you click on the button you get a window with all bones, where you set an indiviual smoothing for all bones.

Thanks for the comment, but it would be very complicated to develop, and it is not feasible to implement it. 

But if it is for an animation, depending on the number of users who request it, another tool could be made which, using the D-Forms field, changes a specific morph, so that a human being is transformed into a werewolf, depending on how it moves. the D-Form in time

Something similar to what is mentioned here.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/3171341/

In the same way all suggestions and improvements to the product are welcome.

Uhhh... thought it would be an easy feature wink I'm also into software developing and I know that features which looks from the outside easy, can be very hard and tricky.

I will look into your tip when I have time. But it looks intresting.

Maybe I will continue my experiments into creating separate head morphs and body morphs, but I always run into the problem that the body morph also affact the head morph, because of the high smoothing.

Simplified you could say I try to divide a hand morph and a arm morph. If I use both morphs it will not match the original, because of the smoothing.

As a workaround I do divide only into full body morphs:

Morph 1: only the hand
    Morph 2: hand and arm

Morph 3: hand, arm and feet

For Moprh 4 I want to add the nose: hand, arm, feet and nose

But the nose also get the smoothing of 10, which sucks for the face.

edited May 2018
    gerster said:

Uhhh... thought it would be an easy feature wink I'm also into software developing and I know that features which looks from the outside easy, can be very hard and tricky.

I will look into your tip when I have time. But it looks intresting.

Maybe I will continue my experiments into creating separate head morphs and body morphs, but I always run into the problem that the body morph also affact the head morph, because of the high smoothing.

Simplified you could say I try to divide a hand morph and a arm morph. If I use both morphs it will not match the original, because of the smoothing.

As a workaround I do divide only into full body morphs:

Morph 1: only the hand
    Morph 2: hand and arm

Morph 3: hand, arm and feet

For Moprh 4 I want to add the nose: hand, arm, feet and nose

But the nose also get the smoothing of 10, which sucks for the face.

The answer is: Create a morph of the nose, with a smoothing of 0-5%, then you can combine the morphs you want in the Combine tab. And later you only save as asset the desired morph.

If the morphs no longer appear, because you have already closed the script, manually set the desired morphs from the parameters tab, as well as the morph of the nose, and then in click "Spawn morph" button in the Combine tab, a morph would be created as on the screen.

Save the desired morphs that you want to be loaded with the base figure.

MixMorphs.png
    646 x 694 - 14K
    ParametrosWolf.png
    388 x 347 - 29K
    SaveMorphAsset.png
    642 x 694 - 16K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
    edited May 2018

Thank you for your support, but combining the morphs still have the issue that the that the are "adding" in the smoothing areas.

I did some screenshots with a simplified demo of what I do. Please look at the neck in the last screenshot.

I want to do a step by step body transformation. Normally I paint in the geometry editor a map for this, but I simplified this in the demo by using the bones.

My workaround is that I currently transform the lower body first with a smoothing of 10 and after this I add the head (step by step) with a smoothing of 2. This is working very well, but forces me to do always the body transformation first and first after the body is 100% transfomored I can start with the head.
    But I like to mix transformation. E.G. First the left arm, than the right hand, than the ears, than the neck, than the chest, than the nose...

I think this could work if I had the option the set a multiple smoothings for the areas in one morph wink

Screenshot (8).png
    1690 x 908 - 70K
    Screenshot (9).png
    1713 x 961 - 78K
    Screenshot (10).png
    1697 x 1010 - 82K
    Screenshot (11).png
    1734 x 957 - 83K
    Screenshot (12).png
    1691 x 922 - 62K
    Post edited by Hurdy3D on
    gerster said:

Thank you for your support, but combining the morphs still have the issue that the that the are "adding" in the smoothing areas.

I did some screenshots with a simplified demo of what I do. Please look at the neck in the last screenshot.

I want to do a step by step body transformation. Normally I paint in the geometry editor a map for this, but I simplified this in the demo by using the bones.

My workaround is that I currently transform the lower body first with a smoothing of 10 and after this I add the head (step by step) with a smoothing of 2. This is working very well, but forces me to do always the body transformation first and first after the body is 100% transfomored I can start with the head.
    But I like to mix transformation. E.G. First the left arm, than the right hand, than the ears, than the neck, than the chest, than the nose...

I think this could work if I had the option the set a multiple smoothings for the areas in one morph wink

It is a good example of how difficult it would be to implement it, it could generate unpredictable results.
    The quick and easy way to do it would be to establish a small smoothing. 0-2% for each bone or group of bones for all parts.
    For the case of the example shown, the problem and the solution (several steps) would be the following.
    For the case of the torso with a smoothing of 10, a provisional morph should be created by the "remaining"option, which will have the head and neck (also the other parts of the body), to then divide(provisional morph) the neck only, and repeat the process again create another provisional morph to divide the head, this will allow that when all the morphs are set to 1, morphs do not overlap.
    Keep in mind that for two parties to match perfectly, you must use "remaining" to avoid problems of overlapping areas between the morphs.

• FauvistFauvist Posts: 2,038

Does X-Morphs allow you to use morphs from both male and female figures in the same generation - on one figure.  Like - can you apply Victoria 6 head to Michael 6 body?

I understand it doesn't work with HD morphs.  What happens to the HD morphs when you try it?  Like - with the figure Boogeyman HD for Genesis 3 Male - can you use the head morph from a different character which is NOT HD on the Boogeyman body?  Will the Boogeyman body stay HD?

Thanks!

• Fauvist said:

Does X-Morphs allow you to use morphs from both male and female figures in the same generation - on one figure.  Like - can you apply Victoria 6 head to Michael 6 body?

I understand it doesn't work with HD morphs.  What happens to the HD morphs when you try it?  Like - with the figure Boogeyman HD for Genesis 3 Male - can you use the head morph from a different character which is NOT HD on the Boogeyman body?  Will the Boogeyman body stay HD?

Thanks!

No, it isn't a conversion tool - it's a tool for modifying (by splitting) a morph on the figure it was made for

edited June 2018
    Fauvist said:

No, you can not transfer morphs between different figures (male and female).
    Some users use the Transfer Utility to transfer the morphs from male to female.

Fauvist said:

When you split (X-morphs) an HD morph, the morphs are created in SD. You lose the HD detail.

But you can eliminate the morph of the head(No smoothing) and keep the HD complete with the same tricks (DAZ tools). With X-Morphs you can not do it, 

Post edited by CGI3DM on
  • Hello!  It is me again.  I don't know if you happen to have the Boogeyman Daz model, but with Halloween coming, I was messing with it, and I cannot seem to get it to go onto the Genesis 8 male.  Is there a way to accomplish making the Genesis 8 male to have the boogeyman's body?  I tried doing like you taught me (see page 4) and it shows that I saved the assets and everything, but it will only show up if I have a Boogeyman selected.  If I select Gen 8, the "Boogey_Body" I saved as an asset is not on the parameter list.  Then if I selected the Boogeyman actor, it does show up, which he already looks like himself.  Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

https://www.daz3d.com/boogeyman-hd-for-genesis-3-male

I was actually just about to post when I noticed that Boogey is an "HD" model, so I guess I am up a creek.  Is there any future plans or ways to do things with such models?

My suggestion is to bake the HD to Normals.

There are a bunch of programs that can do this, like Substance Painter and Mudbox.

It’s not perfect, but it can help capture lost detail.