Shape Splitter - Divide, Combine and Save (The new version is already available. 1.2.1)[Commercial]

Comments

• CGI3DMCGI3DM Posts: 276

Hello!  It is me again.  I don't know if you happen to have the Boogeyman Daz model, but with Halloween coming, I was messing with it, and I cannot seem to get it to go onto the Genesis 8 male.  Is there a way to accomplish making the Genesis 8 male to have the boogeyman's body?  I tried doing like you taught me (see page 4) and it shows that I saved the assets and everything, but it will only show up if I have a Boogeyman selected.  If I select Gen 8, the "Boogey_Body" I saved as an asset is not on the parameter list.  Then if I selected the Boogeyman actor, it does show up, which he already looks like himself.  Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

https://www.daz3d.com/boogeyman-hd-for-genesis-3-male

I was actually just about to post when I noticed that Boogey is an "HD" model, so I guess I am up a creek.  Is there any future plans or ways to do things with such models?

It is not possible to transfer morphs between generations with X-Morphs, G3M to G8M.

• CGI3DM said:

Hello!  It is me again.  I don't know if you happen to have the Boogeyman Daz model, but with Halloween coming, I was messing with it, and I cannot seem to get it to go onto the Genesis 8 male.  Is there a way to accomplish making the Genesis 8 male to have the boogeyman's body?  I tried doing like you taught me (see page 4) and it shows that I saved the assets and everything, but it will only show up if I have a Boogeyman selected.  If I select Gen 8, the "Boogey_Body" I saved as an asset is not on the parameter list.  Then if I selected the Boogeyman actor, it does show up, which he already looks like himself.  Anyway, any help would be appreciated!

https://www.daz3d.com/boogeyman-hd-for-genesis-3-male

I was actually just about to post when I noticed that Boogey is an "HD" model, so I guess I am up a creek.  Is there any future plans or ways to do things with such models?

It is not possible to transfer morphs between generations with X-Morphs, G3M to G8M.

Oh, my apologies, I had no idea that was a Gen 3 (of course I am still new to Daz, but that might help me some.  Thank you!

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited October 2018

Is it possible to extract the breasts only?

Post edited by Mr Bowen on

Also, I forgot to ask. Can we do the legs without the hip or waist shapes?

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038
    Mr Bowen said:

Is it possible to extract the breasts only?

Mr Bowen said:

Also, I forgot to ask. Can we do the legs without the hip or waist shapes?

yes, both is possible with the vertex selection 

ok. Thank you.

I have a little problem with the combining morphs. I don't think that is a specific x-morph issue, because the same issue occures if I do the steps manually.

If I created a G3F face with sereveral morphs and combine them to single morph which can be splitted.

The combining causes a lot of small differeces, like the lips, eyes, ears and most obvious the theeths!

I added the images: one image showing the G3F with original morph (with a closed and opened mouth),

and an other images where I combined these morphs with x-morphs to a single morph (again with a closed an open mouth).

If you open both images in two tabs and switch between the tabs the differences are very obvious.

I fix can fix the theeths manually with the "Easy Theeth" product, I'd like to know if there is a workaround that a combined morph does not differ to the original?

female original.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 415K
    female x-morph.jpg
    2000 x 1300 - 355K
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

I have this product but have not used it.  Can't figure out what your are doing in your music video.Will have to check out the written documentation. Looks interesting 

I found some hints that the Mouth Realism HD could cause the deformitons. I disabled this morph before combining the morph, but it didn't help

Uh, I think I found maybe the issue.

I did a quick test where I set the mesh Resolution Level to Basic  and SubDivision Level to 0. According to my first test this seems to fix this issue.

Maybe x-morph could set automatically the Resolution Level and SubDivision  to the right values and restore them after it's done?

I will later do more tests, if this is really the solution, but it looks good.

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,027

I have this product but have not used it.  Can't figure out what your are doing in your music video.Will have to check out the written documentation. Looks interesting 

I've been able to use this product just fine, but i doubt I've been using it to its full potential. If you do find a written documentation, please let me know. If it exists, I haven't found it yet (and I've looked).
  • SainsySainsy Posts: 50
    edited October 2018

Just purchased as in trying to split face morphs into left and right (as many are symmetrical) and thought this would be perfect. However most of the face morphs are missing from the x-morph drop down list. Here is an example trying to use  nostril flared morph. Any ideas on how I can achieve this? Thanks

21985E00-63C3-4A04-B8A8-5BC419C78557.jpeg
    4032 x 3024 - 4M
    Post edited by Sainsy on

Because many expressions are not really morphs, you must create the morph using the Tab Combine.
    That is, loads Genesis 8 (Base), and you move the dial (Nostril Flared) that you want from Shape or Parameters, and you execute X-Morphs, and in the Combine tab, click Spawn Morph, and this creates a morph, which you can already divide with the tool.

It is important that it is always done from the base figures, so that the morphs do not duplicate in some cases.

CGI3DM said:

Because many expressions are not really morphs, you must create the morph using the Tab Combine.
    That is, loads Genesis 8 (Base), and you move the dial (Nostril Flared) that you want from Shape or Parameters, and you execute X-Morphs, and in the Combine tab, click Spawn Morph, and this creates a morph, which you can already divide with the tool.
    It is important that it is always done from the base figures, so that the morphs do not duplicate in some cases.

Thanks for your quick resonse.  However, I cannot get the above method to work.  I have created a base Gen 3 female, set mesh res to base, dialled down dub divs, dialled in 'nostril flare', opened x-morphs, combine tab, spawn morph, chosen path and named new morph, acccpted.  New morph is created in desired location, but dialling it to 100% does nothing - it appears that it is setting the original morph to 0% before creating the new one.  

Any ideas would be greatfully received.  Many thanks

edited October 2018

Before "Spawn Morph", the value is 100% for the morph Nostril Flare?

Post edited by CGI3DM on
    edited October 2018
    CGI3DM said:

It is - I have tried with several morphs/expressions and as you press the spawn button the figure returns to the default state then the save process starts, leaving you with a new morph that does nothing

2018-10-18_18-39-40.jpg
    1770 x 792 - 151K
    2018-10-18_18-39-00.jpg
    1353 x 709 - 111K
    2018-10-18_18-37-26.jpg
    2135 x 1118 - 231K
    Post edited by Sainsy on
    CGI3DM said:

I have made a short video of process I am following 

edited October 2018

Uncheck "Pose Zero Before Spawn", 

This option allows any value that is not morph, to be set to zero, before Spawn, which is useful when you change the poses of the figure, but in this case, it is better to disable it.

X-morphs_ZeroPose.png
    629 x 692 - 39K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on
    gerster said:

Uh, I think I found maybe the issue.

I did a quick test where I set the mesh Resolution Level to Basic  and SubDivision Level to 0. According to my first test this seems to fix this issue.

Maybe x-morph could set automatically the Resolution Level and SubDivision  to the right values and restore them after it's done?

I will later do more tests, if this is really the solution, but it looks good.

Thanks gerster, I'll review and correct it.

CGI3DM said:

Uncheck "Pose Zero Before Spawn", 

Great - thank you.  That worked :) 

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited November 2018

Can't seem to get this to work.  Following the steps from the tutorial but when I get to the step to hit Preview I only get an error message "You must to select" and can't get any further...  

X-morph.png
    906 x 773 - 139K
    Post edited by Jonstark on
    edited November 2018
    Jonstark said:

Can't seem to get this to work.  Following the steps from the tutorial but when I get to the step to hit Preview I only get an error message "You must to select" and can't get any further...  

The error is strange, the only way this error occurs is that it does not have values in the settings for the head.
    To review would go to: settings, in Customize, Click Custom and select Head, a window will appear, if it is empty, close the window and click on the "Default" button (Reset all values to their original values), and then save the "Save Setting" button "

We can also try another way and it is by bones, we select as shown the following image.

Settings.jpg
    628 x 685 - 155K
    HeadBones.png
    629 x 692 - 35K
    Settings.jpg
    628 x 685 - 156K
    Post edited by CGI3DM on

Hmm, sorry it's still giving the same error.  In the customize section under head, it's not blank, it has all the same things listed in your screenshot, nevertheless I clicked on default and save settings and tried again, but the error remains.  I next tried selecting by the bones, but again same error.

What version of Windows do you have?
    Version of DAZ Studio?
    Test with Genesis 8

Windows 10, Studio 4.9.4.122

I don't really use Genesis 8, but I realized I do have 1 morph for character Luca, so I loaded it up, and no problem it seems to work ok and doesn't give the error.  Weird...

edited November 2018

It's pretty weird. 

Although it leaves 4.8 compatibility, it works better with DAZ 4.10.
    Is there any way you can try it with 4.10? or with other morphs and figures?.

Post edited by CGI3DM on

Tried downloading 4.10 and installing it, it wiped out Studio then gave an error that it won't install, and auto-closed the installer.  I've always despised Studio, don't use it for much, but now I can't even install the older 4.9 version again, it's all gone.  Not sure what to do, this is a whole new problem I would have loved to avoid...

Here's the new error I'm getting when trying to install Studio:

"Error running C:/Users/Danielz620/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Uninstallers/Remove-DS4 Default Content.exe --mode unattended : Program ended with an error exit code"

Tried running the uninstaller previous to installation from the location in the Studio folder, works fine, but no matter what I do, I can't install Studio.  

Jonstark said:

Here's the new error I'm getting when trying to install Studio:

"Error running C:/Users/Danielz620/DAZ 3D/Studio/My Library/Uninstallers/Remove-DS4 Default Content.exe --mode unattended : Program ended with an error exit code"

Tried running the uninstaller previous to installation from the location in the Studio folder, works fine, but no matter what I do, I can't install Studio.  

Both errors are weird, you will not have virus problems?
    It would be better to create a new Discussion in Technical Help Forum (nuts n bolts) about the installation, to see if someone can help you with the installation.
    Or some other computer or new installation of windows, or a virtual machine.

What I do to have several installations of DAZ Studio is to rename the installation folders manually

C: \ Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DAZStudio4.10
    C: \ Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DAZStudio4.9.1
    C: \ Program Files \ DAZ 3D \ DAZStudio3.1

rename
    C: \ Users \ Danielz620 \ AppData \ Roaming \ DAZ 3D
    to
    C: \ Users \ Danielz620 \ AppData \ Roaming \ DAZ 3D_old_4.9.1
    And so I can try all the versions.

After some tips from the Nuts and Bolts forum and a lot of struggling with several new error messages, was finally able to install 4.10.

However the identical error continues with X-morphs, seems for whatever reason I just can't use this program with Genesis1 (which is the only figure I use and care about).