Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

Comments

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493

i don't do my DIM updates regularly, so I just noticed Carrara in the list. Is this a hundred years old? something new?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Cbird said:

i don't do my DIM updates regularly, so I just noticed Carrara in the list. Is this a hundred years old? something new?

is this refer to the beta build?

• CbirdCbird Posts: 493
    Mistara said:
    Cbird said:

is this refer to the beta build?

HI Mistara, not that I saw. But I'll double check. Good thought.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198
    abit off topic but could someone tell me if its possible to purchase the pro upgrade from carrara 7 standard to pro and how much ?
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795

I don't think you can...

but if you are a PC member you can wait for it to come on sale... it's been picked up for as low as around $30 for PC members during some sales.. that will be the time to get it.

• A3DLoverA3DLover Posts: 198

I don't think you can...

but if you are a PC member you can wait for it to come on sale... it's been picked up for as low as around $30 for PC members during some sales.. that will be the time to get it.

thanks i just use carrara for rendering much faster than daz studio or bryce

upgrade request, would like to render straight to mp4 format yes

rendering an animation in an animation in mp4 format. like on a tv in a scene with a character watching tv.  avi files so huge-mungous

its been 7 hours and 6 years

,,, since yoo took your luv awayyyy

I go out every night and sleep all day
    Since u took your love away
    Since u been gone I can do whatever I want
    I can see whomever I choose
    I can eat my dinner in a fancy restaurant
    But nothing
    I said nothing can take away these blues

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,800

it could be worse, Adobe could make DAZ an offer ......

• it could be worse, Adobe could make DAZ an offer ......

HUSH

• Nice, i jumped on that sale ..

and now i have pro 8.5 for the price of a night out 

and i didn't know it also came with 250 worth of stuff, until after i got it

with or without dessert?  smiley

• without

edited February 2019

did the last poser upgrade come out after the last carrara update?

can they add support for poser weightmapping to carrara?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • UncleZeeUncleZee Posts: 20

Man,this thread is sprawling....

I've been out of the loop for a while. Where are the latest updates. Is the first post the latest info.

UncleZee said:

Man,this thread is sprawling....

I've been out of the loop for a while. Where are the latest updates. Is the first post the latest info.

sadly while Carrara itself is an awsome bit of kit, the company that owns it DAZ3D does not consider it any sort of priority crying

we rely on our awesome third party plugin developers heart

edited March 2019

It looks like theybwere going to add support for general rigging. 

At the time genesis 3 cane out it was crashing carrara due to typoes in the files. Perhaps they were typing in iphine? Lol

now we have that licked really wish theyd go full speed ahead on that general rigging support. It actually works can see the bines miving. It just diesnt move the mesh aling with it. Is that what skinning means?  Attaching skeleton to mesh?

i would like to use la femme in rara too

Post edited by Mistara on

i dont understand why the carrara grid is still so expensive.
    is Daz still supporting it?
    any problems with the workings, they gonna help?

Are we closer to geografts working in carrara?

is it a weld tolerance issue?

is there any kind of auto weld command?

• 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    GRID is on sale often, for example 70%. Put it on the wishlist and watch the deals thread. (Email alert can be set).
  • 3drendero3drendero Posts: 2,017
    No idea about geografts, but Philemo released a new HD morph plugin that opens up new possibilities: https://carraracafe.com/hd-morph-plugin-for-carrara-by-philemo-released/

Can we call the next carrara version

Carrara Latte ?

Kar rare uh

kahr rah rah

Maybe Epic Games can buy it and make it free

Epicarra ?

What is carrara weightmapping?  Is it the quarerneon thing?  

How do you control the bulging on poser made figures?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073

Rigging - I might be wrong, but...

​Carrara's native skeleton/rigging tools relate each vertex to each joint once, and only once.  So, if you have an armpit vertex, and a shoulder joint, the influence of the shoulder joint on the armpit vertex has a single value.  No matter which direction you rotate the joint, that vertex will be inluenced by the same percentage, although direction changes with the direction of rotation. You can augment this limitation with a morph.

The legacy Poser rigging related the mesh around a joint to the joint in three ways, once for each of X, Y, Z direction of rotation.  That was the stretched/spherical/capsules that could be edited with Poser's figure tools.  This style of rigging is also Victoria 1-4.  The joint bend results can be augmented with morphs.  This works in Carrara.

I don't know enough about dual quarereon-whatever to give details, except to say that it is not the same as Carrara's native skeleton/rigging tools.

Rigging - I might be wrong, but...

​Carrara's native skeleton/rigging tools relate each vertex to each joint once, and only once.  So, if you have an armpit vertex, and a shoulder joint, the influence of the shoulder joint on the armpit vertex has a single value.  No matter which direction you rotate the joint, that vertex will be inluenced by the same percentage, although direction changes with the direction of rotation. You can augment this limitation with a morph.

The legacy Poser rigging related the mesh around a joint to the joint in three ways, once for each of X, Y, Z direction of rotation.  That was the stretched/spherical/capsules that could be edited with Poser's figure tools.  This style of rigging is also Victoria 1-4.  The joint bend results can be augmented with morphs.  This works in Carrara.

I don't know enough about dual quarereon-whatever to give details, except to say that it is not the same as Carrara's native skeleton/rigging tools.

Thanks.  

those armpits dohh

I luv Terai Yuki2, but her arm pits make me crazy  lol

dunno if this is where to post feature requests.

it would be nice to render to mp4 video clips.  avi filling up hdd fast dohh

• dbdigital2dbdigital2 Posts: 270
    edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

dunno if this is where to post feature requests.

it would be nice to render to mp4 video clips.  avi filling up hdd fast dohh

The only place (and where they used to say to do so) is file a ticket.  However, a few months back I asked about a ticket that I had open for a couple of years asking for 3d mouse support (3Dconnexion) considering that Daz and even Hexagon has it, I didn't think it was too large of a request.  When I first opened the ticket, they were very receptive.  I updated it occasionally and the response was always positive, even about a year ago.  Then 3 months ago I got a response "Thank you for following up on this request. Unfortunately, we are not updating Carrara at this time. Our current focus is Daz Studio, Hexagon, and the Genesis figure platform. "  And gave me a link to the Carrara SDK file at Carrra cafe.

Being that they didn't even give a link to the SDK on their own system, I don't think we have any chance with Daz updating Carrara.  What we have is what we have.  Since then cloth and hair have been added to the Daz studio platform.  They are basicially putting "missing" features Carrara has into Studio (at least the ones that make sense to forward the platform), and I don't see them bothering with Carrra.  Which is sad because the interface and design is a lot better in my opinion.  Although I have to admit, I am thinking of updating Studio to try out the new Cloth and hair features.  I am still using the last version of 4.8.  Until now I never saw a real reason to update (I also never liked Daz Connect).

I don't know why they still have the list price so much for Carrara, but I have to wonder if they will remove it at some point.  Then again perhaps when they acquired it, it was part of the deal.  Keep the price up and perhaps some of the original developers still get that money.  I thought Daz owned it all outright, but perhaps some aspects (rights) are not.  Only they know for sure what all the reasons are, and I am almost certain we never will.

In short you can ask, but nothing is going to happen.  I wouldn't bother, it would seem that they see us Carrara users as old dinosaurs they would rather get away from and no sense in reinforcing that image.

Post edited by dbdigital2 on