Official Release of Carrara 8.5 **Update - 8.5.1.19**

1383940414244»

Comments

• Mr TedMr Ted Posts: 14
    edited January 8

Dartanbeck said:

Does it not? I'm on Windows and it works here.

Download button doesn't work on my computer, can't even find it in the Download Manager.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,225

That's odd. I would file a support ticket. Whether it works on your modern Mac or not, it should still download.

Just as a bit of troubleshooting - try opening DIM and check the Installed tab and do a search for Carrara. 

Still doesn't explain not allowing you to download directly from your account. I assume you're logged into the right account or you wouldn't even see it in your account library. 

I just checked and both Windows and Mac versions are available for download in my account library - using Chrome - selecting Carrara 8.5 Pro - also must download and install Carrara 8.5 (not Pro) as that contains the main program.

With the Content, you'll need the Carrara 8 Native Content for sure. That contains the browser, wizards, and all that stuff. The 8.5 content downloads are only the 8.5 updates.

I sure hope you get this figured out. Not being able to even download them... I'm not computer guru, but that sounds like the problem is with your browser. But DIM also? Maybe the new Mac blocks you from something? Clueless = me! 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,823
    edited January 8

one of our many Mac users hopefully will pipe in, I know there are issues

Dart, you and I on Windows better not get too smug, we are only ever one Microsoft Update away from us being screwed too as DAZ no longer does maintenance updates on Carrara devil

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Yep. Not smug. Just trying to help ;)

I'm seriously considering getting a new, older-gen PC just to use for Carrara and DS/VWD, as VWD development seems to have been abandoned as well. Maybe a refurbished HP Z840?

• Mr TedMr Ted Posts: 14

Dartanbeck said:

I sure hope you get this figured out. Not being able to even download them... I'm not computer guru, but that sounds like the problem is with your browser. But DIM also? Maybe the new Mac blocks you from something? Clueless = me! 

Well, I figured out how to download it, but it won't open the install package.   

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

Well, I figured out how to download it, but it won't open the install package.   

I have a new MacStudio with the M2 Ultra ARM chip. Carrara doesn't really run on it. It will open, but the screen is completely white and the icons at the top of the page don't show up. I didn't have to download Carrara though. I transferred it from my old machine. I think the installer is still 32-bit and won't run on a new Mab, but I'm not sure. I am using Carrara on my new machine by Virtualizing Windows on it. I created a thread to document what I've been doing.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/660771/carrara-and-mac-with-m2#latest

I hope it helps.

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791

Mr Ted said:

So does Carrara 8.5 Pro not work on new Macs?  

Not really. See this thread https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/660771/carrara-and-mac-with-m2#latest

• FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 117

Has anyone tried Carrara on Linux with Wine?

edited March 25

Fettbemme said:

I have and it worked - I think. I couldn't figure out what to do because the fonts were all wrong so everything was blank.

I wonder if we look at the default font in Carrara Preferences on Windows, then installed the correct font on Linux if it would solve that. I'm fairly certain it should.

I don't know for sure because I am not used to Linux at all, so I have no idea how things should be.

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • FettbemmeFettbemme Posts: 117
    edited April 11

Dartanbeck said:

Fettbemme said:

I have and it worked - I think. I couldn't figure out what to do because the fonts were all wrong so everything was blank.

I wonder if we look at the default font in Carrara Preferences on Windows, then installed the correct font on Linux if it would solve that. I'm fairly certain it should.

I don't know for sure because I am not used to Linux at all, so I have no idea how things should be.

I think it should be Helvetica or Helvetica New, but also Georgia should work but a bit unreadable

Menu Position without Fonts

Preference Position without Fonts

Font List

001.png
    483 x 459 - 65K
    002.png
    384 x 447 - 33K
    003.png
    377 x 347 - 23K
    Post edited by Fettbemme on

Fantastic!