SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I think it is random glitches.

I have had problems and also have not had any problems. It seems to be random to me depending on what kind of mood the servers are in or if DAZ is doing something on them.

For the most part I rarely have experienced any problems, but of course it is different with others.

• westrydewestryde Posts: 1
    edited December 1969

Is there a problem with the help line? I posted a ticket on June 24 (MDT) and am still awaiting a reply.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Ah... OK then! Hmmm...

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I think it is random glitches.

I have had problems and also have not had any problems. It seems to be random to me depending on what kind of mood the servers are in or if DAZ is doing something on them.

For the most part I rarely have experienced any problems, but of course it is different with others.

Very random - because I am using Paypal too and up to now had no problems (up to now, now that I wrote that ... *knocks 3x on wood*).

Funnily I read your sentence as "or if DAZ is doing something to them".
    Kicking would be in order, wouldn't it?
    Hardware: the parts of a computer that can be kicked.

• Sal UKSal UK Posts: 432
    edited December 1969

I thought things were starting to get to normal around here, but I put in a support ticket into sales on last thursday still being processed.... :(

• BruceBroussardBruceBroussard Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

first bug tracker would not let me in.
    second, after I logged in I still see login at top right but when I click my account, I'm in.
    third, I added a second item to cart but My Cart still said one item. I click on it and the popdown shows two items, but My Cart indicator still shows 1.
    fourth, there is no daz originals I want. This will be a waste of $6.
    This reminds me of my Job requiring me to take two online classes for professional improvement every year but I had taken all the classes offered.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited July 2012

Bug tracker needs a separate login than the forums, store or Zendesk help system.

If you wish to file a bug then you will need to start a new account with Mantis, although you can use the same username, in order to keep things easy

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

first bug tracker would not let me in.
    second, after I logged in I still see login at top right but when I click my account, I'm in.
    third, I added a second item to cart but My Cart still said one item. I click on it and the popdown shows two items, but My Cart indicator still shows 1.
    fourth, there is no daz originals I want. This will be a waste of $6.
    This reminds me of my Job requiring me to take two online classes for professional improvement every year but I had taken all the classes offered.

We had some issues with the store, cart and check out earlier today. It appears to be fixed at this time. Please give it another try.

• joanmbjoanmb Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Maybe someone has addressed this already but I couldn't find it -- I don't see PC pricing on items any more, whether I am logged in or logged out. Since I am trying to budget and figure out if I can afford to renew/would be worth it, this is a big deal...

Also, almost everything got deleted out of my Wishlist except for 3 items. I'm adding back as I remember what they're called but it's really frustrating...

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

I have the opposite problems, I see PC pricing but haven't been able to access my Wishlist since the change-over...

• joanmbjoanmb Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Sounds like we have a Reality-Warping bug!!!

edited December 1969

Someone better tell Paolo then!

edited December 1969

joanmb said:
    Maybe someone has addressed this already but I couldn't find it -- I don't see PC pricing on items any more, whether I am logged in or logged out. Since I am trying to budget and figure out if I can afford to renew/would be worth it, this is a big deal...

Also, almost everything got deleted out of my Wishlist except for 3 items. I'm adding back as I remember what they're called but it's really frustrating...

We had some issues earlier today with the PC pricing. This should now be updated with the PC Pricing.

edited December 1969

Daz_bfurner I just saw your post about "Zendesk Tech Ticket Support System" does this mean the ticket I put in last thursday that has not been resolved to sales didnt go there?

Thanks

Sal.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

joanmb said:

You are actually not showing as a PC member at the moment, so something has happened there. You may need to submit a Zendesk ticket, once we know that the system is working 100% again.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,354
    edited December 1969

They should have gotten it. Zendesk only went down today.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Daz_bfurner I just saw your post about "Zendesk Tech Ticket Support System" does this mean the ticket I put in last thursday that has not been resolved to sales didnt go there?

Thanks

Sal.

No this was a problem that has just happened today. I'll have someone look into your ticket as soon as they can. We are not able to get into Zendesk at this moment.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:

Thanks

Sal.

No this was a problem that has just happened today. I'll have someone look into your ticket as soon as they can. We are not able to get into Zendesk at this moment.

Thanks for the reply I did notice a few hours ago I could not view the details of the ticket I placed and thought I would ask.

Sal.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    I have the opposite problems, I see PC pricing but haven't been able to access my Wishlist since the change-over...

If you can't see your wishlist at all, check this thread. There was an issue with one store item that rendered (yes, rendered) your wishlist unusable. See:
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/399/#2674
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:

If you can't see your wishlist at all, check this thread. There was an issue with one store item that rendered (yes, rendered) your wishlist unusable. See:

I don't think this item was on my list, but I can't check - I STILL just get the Magento error page. It is very frustrating.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    PhilW said:

I don't think this item was on my list, but I can't check - I STILL just get the Magento error page. It is very frustrating.
    That's the point. Use the technique in that thread to essentially move everything from your wishlist to your shopping cart until the wishlist works again, then delete the last one and move everything else from the cart back to the wishlist, and it should work. There may be another item lurking out there that breaks the wishlist. Several people had this problem (me too), and this fixed it.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

You're kidding, right? I have over 400 items in my wishlist. I wouldn't want to go through that! And I know that other have many more items in their wishlists! Why is this the user's problem? If a particular product is causing issues, the DBA should be able to remove all records that reference that product from the wishlist, for all users, at one time. Since this has been a known issue for a few weeks now, I don't see why this hasn't already been done!

Dana

edited December 1969

...but I don't have ANY Wishlist items showing on my account dashboard, there is no area for it either! You must be seeing stuff that I am not.

edited December 1969

Sal UK said:
    Sal UK said:

Thanks

Sal.

Thanks for the reply I did notice a few hours ago I could not view the details of the ticket I placed and thought I would ask.

Sal.

Now Im really peed off. I thought I would check and it now says my Ticket has been resolved and it has'nt not even a reply on it.
    Definatley ticking the Unsatified box.

Sal.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    ...but I don't have ANY Wishlist items showing on my account dashboard, there is no area for it either! You must be seeing stuff that I am not.

If you go to Account Dashboard, the Wishlist should be on the left just above My Downloadable Products. If you don't see that, I have no clue what's wrong. If My Wishlist is there, and clicking on it gives you a Magento error, then the technique described may fix it. Of course, you do have to be able to log in to see it.

@DanaTA, don't shoot the messenger, OK? Yes, Daz should fix this, but I take a more realistic view. If somebody has had no access to their wishlist for the past 6 weeks, they have a choice. Wait until Daz fixes it, which could be another 6 weeks or longer, OR they could put on the hip boots and wade in there and try to fix it themselves. That's what I did. As I said, perhaps the "Crazy Nights" set did get fixed, but there may be another product lurking in the store like a little land mine...

edited December 1969

Yes the "My Wishlist" item is there but it just brings up the Magento error page. As I read it, the technique relies on being able to see at least SOME items on the wishlist in order to move them to the cart, but I can't see ANY.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,807
    edited July 2012

PhilW said:
    Yes the "My Wishlist" item is there but it just brings up the Magento error page. As I read it, the technique relies on being able to see at least SOME items on the wishlist in order to move them to the cart, but I can't see ANY.

Go to any product page. You should see a list of recently-added items on the lower right of the page, each item accompanied by an [x] in a gray circle. Use that to delete items until you're able to load your wishlist again.

It looks as if DAZ have turned on stack traces on the error pages (before they were hidden, for security reasons). Mine says:

Item (Mage_Downloadable_Model_Link) with the same id "66861" already exist

so it sounds as if the problem may be caused by duplicate items in the wishlist.

I think if you use the normal 'Add to wishlist' control to add an item that already exists in your wishlist, you'll get a warning and the item won't be added. However, if you add an item to your shopping cart, and then use the controls on that shopping cart to move the item to the wishlist, that check doesn't seem to happen. That may explain how you can get duplicates in your wishlist, which then cause a crash.

Post edited by bytescapes on
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:

If you go to Account Dashboard, the Wishlist should be on the left just above My Downloadable Products. If you don't see that, I have no clue what's wrong. If My Wishlist is there, and clicking on it gives you a Magento error, then the technique described may fix it. Of course, you do have to be able to log in to see it.

@DanaTA, don't shoot the messenger, OK? Yes, Daz should fix this, but I take a more realistic view. If somebody has had no access to their wishlist for the past 6 weeks, they have a choice. Wait until Daz fixes it, which could be another 6 weeks or longer, OR they could put on the hip boots and wade in there and try to fix it themselves. That's what I did. As I said, perhaps the "Crazy Nights" set did get fixed, but there may be another product lurking in the store like a little land mine...

Didn't mean to shoot you. But I did mean to make you realize that with a large wishlist, it's not something many people would be willing to do. And with the way the cart has been acting up lately for a lot of people, I wouldn't advise putting all that in there...it may just disappear! I don't know about you, but if that happened, I would just leave them in the netherworld.

Of course, the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks right now are saying, "Disappear? That will be fine with me!"

Dana

edited December 1969

PhilW said:

No, I think you're reading it wrong. I had exactly the same problem, and I was able to fix it without being able to view the whole wishlist. A variant on this technique is to go to the store in some category like Fast Grab, then you should see "My Wishlist Last Added Items." From that list, just keep clicking on "add to cart." If you see "Crazy Nights" click on the x to remove it. Tedious, but in the grand scheme of things, less aggravation than not having it or waiting for a miracle!

edited December 1969

angusm said:

I think if you use the normal 'Add to wishlist' control to add an item that already exists in your wishlist, you'll get a warning and the item won't be added. However, if you add an item to your shopping cart, and then use the controls on that shopping cart to move the item to the wishlist, that check doesn't seem to happen. That may explain how you can get duplicates in your wishlist, which then cause a crash.

That's lovely! You know what it means? It means that Magento was not programmed with best practices! When an application has several places where it performs the same function, then it should call a function from all those places. The code that actually does the work resides in one place, that function. Since the check isn't performed when adding from the cart, then this is not being done. Now, what about if they add another place where you can add something to your wishlist, like perhaps the Compare Products thingy. I haven't checked, so I don't know if it does that already or not. If it does, or if they add that feature, will they write the code all over again? If so, they will then have three places to look if they make any modifications to the wishlist functionality. This is not best practices!

Dana