SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2012

DanaTA said:

Of course, the way things are going, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of folks right now are saying, "Disappear? That will be fine with me!"

Dana

OK, now THAT'S funny! :lol: Even funnier! At the moment of posting this, it seems smileys are broken again. *heavy sigh* I agree with what Lordvicore wrote. Having a web site to sell product through is like a doorbell. Everybody's got one. We're at 6 weeks and counting now and things still don't work.

Post edited by SlimerJSpud on
  • Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Sorry, no way can I sift through 43 pages to see if this issue's been mentioned.

In Firefox (and I'm using the very latest version, there is often NO WAY to remove something when you are actually in your cart. The "remove" button is hidden by the stupid "here are more things Daz thinks you should buy" stuff !!

While we're at it. a way to select MORE THAN ONE item in both your cart and wishlist to remove would be appreciated. The process of removing something from the wishlist and cart take forever. I know this was asked for at the old store and never happened, so I don't have much hope it will here either :(.

You know, it's sad, I'm feeling far more discouraged about Daz and the new site as time goes on. It should be the other way around

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586
    edited December 1969

I put a PC item into my cart and it is showing the $1.99 price, but when I checked, I already got it at the wee hours of the morning. (must have been right before I went to sleep for the night)
    I thought the PC price would be only once per item. How come it is still showing at PC price when I already bought it. It was the Fantasy Accessories for Pharaohs for Genesis Female so it was not part of the 99 cent deal so that could not explain it.

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

I put a PC item into my cart and it is showing the $1.99 price, but when I checked, I already got it at the wee hours of the morning. (must have been right before I went to sleep for the night)
    I thought the PC price would be only once per item. How come it is still showing at PC price when I already bought it. It was the Fantasy Accessories for Pharaohs for Genesis Female so it was not part of the 99 cent deal so that could not explain it.

The old site used to check if you had already bought an item - I'm not sure that this site does that. I tried by adding an item to the cart that I knew I had bought and there was no warning as there used to be. Yet another "enhancement"!

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    [The old site used to check if you had already bought an item - I'm not sure that this site does that. I tried by adding an item to the cart that I knew I had bought and there was no warning as there used to be. Yet another "enhancement"!

The new site definitely does not have the "You already own this" warning.

DAZ know about this and are working on it.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,704
    edited July 2012

PhilW said:

The old site used to check if you had already bought an item - I'm not sure that this site does that. I tried by adding an item to the cart that I knew I had bought and there was no warning as there used to be. Yet another "enhancement"!

Until DAZ gets this fixed, you can use this one to check for duplicates. Just be aware that currently there may be items missing in people's histories (DAZ is looking into that), and some items have had their names changed since you bought them, so it may not be completely reliable. Remember to read the Help file for how to use the checker.

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

Post edited by Taoz on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,501
    edited July 2012

..we really need to get this stuff working. . I am sick and tired of running into errors when trying to post a response or embed a link in a post.

This has been going on way too long (something like six weeks now). If the vendors of this forum software are not going to help with getting things to work properly by now, then I would cut my losses and dump them to look for something that works for the needs or the community here. The forums are in shambles and the store "questionable".

If I may politely say, I think that Daz has "screwed the pooch" with this alleged upgrade. In so doing they have also hurt themselves.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ..we really need to get this stuff working. . I am sick and tired of running into errors when trying to post a response or embed a link in a post.

Strange, I haven't noticed any problems with any of this. I'm using IE8 btw.

edited December 1969

...well then they maybe need to get this site working for all browsers then as many of us will not use the security sieve that IE is.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

I have no problems with using Firefox, and othees on Chrome have no problems either.

• bytescapesbytescapes Posts: 1,798
    edited July 2012

Just to confirm my earlier hypothesis ...

Duplicate items in your wishlist may cause a crash when the wishlist is displayed. (I say 'may' deliberately, because in some cases duplicate items cause a problem and in some cases they don't).

Moving items from your cart to the wishlist does not appear to implement a duplicate check, resulting in duplicates in your wishlist. That's one mechanism by which duplicates may get into your wishlist; there may be others.

Some products are also known to be incompatible with the wishlist. "Crazy Nights" is known to be one; there may be others.

The only fix at this time is to move items off your wishlist. To do this, go to any product page. On the lower-right of the page, you'll see a list of items most recently added to your wishlist. You can either delete these, or use the 'Move to Cart' button to move them temporarily to your cart. When you reach an item that is duplicated in your wishlist, using the 'Move to Cart' button may show a warning that says "Only 1 of this item can be added" (or words to that effect). If you see that warning, try deleting the item, then loading your wishlist. If your wishlist loads successfully, you've found the problem. If it doesn't, keep moving items.

When you finally get your wishlist to load, check the items in your cart. Make sure there are no duplicates there (because you can get duplicates in your shopping cart too). Then check all the 'Move to Wishlist' checkboxes next to each item, and update your cart. Your wishlist should be healthy again.

Your mileage may vary, but this worked for me. And I only had to move or delete about 200 items ...

Post edited by bytescapes on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

@DanaTA, don't shoot the messenger, OK? Yes, Daz should fix this, but I take a more realistic view. If somebody has had no access to their wishlist for the past 6 weeks, they have a choice. Wait until Daz fixes it, which could be another 6 weeks or longer, OR they could put on the hip boots and wade in there and try to fix it themselves. That's what I did. As I said, perhaps the "Crazy Nights" set did get fixed, but there may be another product lurking in the store like a little land mine...

I can't speak for Dana, but my trouble ticket was closed without them providing this information to me.

This information should not be coming from other customers who happen to take part in the forums - it should be coming from the people who have responsibility to speak directly to the customers (the "Service Desk," to use the industry-standard I.T. term). If the Service Desk is aware of a Known Error, then the correct response is to inform the client of the Workaround and keep the ticket open until the client confirms that the Workaround resolved the issue. (If it didn't, then this isn't a case of the Known Error.) They failed to do this in my case, so they got an Unsatisfied rating from me.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited July 2012

Kyoto Kid said:
    If I may politely say, I think that Daz has "screwed the pooch" with this alleged upgrade. In so doing they have also hurt themselves.

I can tolerate the bugs in the upgrade.

What's not acceptable is the staff's presentation of a "yeah, we know, now go away" attitude when the bugs are reported. Their salaries are paid by the money we spend - if they continue to piss us off, we won't be inclined to spend that money there.

(I've been buying quite a bit from my Renderosity wishlist since the Daz3D store changeover, in part because I can still access my Rendo wishlist and in part because Daz3D doesn't show any signs of caring about the issues with their new store. I've been happy with Rendo's performance...)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

There is an announcement thread that is updated when known bugs are fixed.

With the "Crazy Nights" problem, that was noted in the MO forum, together with the fix until it was sorted out , annd also it was posted there when it was fixed.

edited July 2012

robkelk said:
    @DanaTA, don't shoot the messenger, OK? Yes, Daz should fix this, but I take a more realistic view. If somebody has had no access to their wishlist for the past 6 weeks, they have a choice. Wait until Daz fixes it, which could be another 6 weeks or longer, OR they could put on the hip boots and wade in there and try to fix it themselves. That's what I did. As I said, perhaps the "Crazy Nights" set did get fixed, but there may be another product lurking in the store like a little land mine...

I can't speak for Dana, but my trouble ticket was closed without them providing this information to me.

I complained about that too when they closed one of my tickets without having solved the problem. Here's the answer I got:

"We mark tickets as solved when we've given a response. That doesn't mean the issue is solved though. However I have passed this on to the person in charge of the docs page and it is getting looked into."

Post edited by Taoz on
  • DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited July 2012

I used to be on ZenDesk and to my recollection, when a rep replied to a ticket in any way it would revert the ticket automatically to closed until the customer replied again which would then mark it as open again.

I believe ZenDesk does this to show that a ticket has been reviewed and responded to by another rep so others also handling tickets do not then get the same ticket as well. If I remember correctly, it doesn't mean the issue within the ticket itself has been officially resolved but is rather closed to response from other reps as someone else on the team has all ready reviewed and replied to said ticket.

Granted I could be wrong as it has been awhile...if you all like I can double check on it though tomorrow :)

Post edited by DAZ_ann0314 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

As a reminder. Please do not post personal correspondences to a thread as outlined in the DAZ 3D TOS.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    PhilW said:

Until DAZ gets this fixed, you can use this one to check for duplicates. Just be aware that currently there may be items missing in people's histories (DAZ is looking into that), and some items have had their names changed since you bought them, so it may not be completely reliable. Remember to read the Help file for how to use the checker.

http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

Also remember that items inside a bundle are not noted, so you may still miss things and get them again.

Dana

edited December 1969

I used to be on ZenDesk and to my recollection, when a rep replied to a ticket in any way it would revert the ticket automatically to closed until the customer replied again which would then mark it as open again.

I believe ZenDesk does this to show that a ticket has been reviewed and responded to by another rep so others also handling tickets do not then get the same ticket as well. If I remember correctly, it doesn't mean the issue within the ticket itself has been officially resolved but is rather closed to response from other reps as someone else on the team has all ready reviewed and replied to said ticket.

Granted I could be wrong as it has been awhile...if you all like I can double check on it though tomorrow :)

No offense to you, Ann, you do a wonderful job in here. But there is a huge difference between replied and resolved. A ticket should never be deemed resolved just because someone made a reply to the original poster. It's very unprofessional, and the user sees it as a slap in the face. I know that's how I felt. And I can see in the forums that I am not even remotely alone in that feeling.

Dana

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Many thanks for the help, at last I now can see my wishlist! Apparently Crazy Nights was on there. I have removed it, in fact I have taken the opportunity of decimating the number of items on my wishlist as I was having to go through it anyway. I feel for the people who are affected and don't perhaps frequent the forums?

• joanmbjoanmb Posts: 4
    edited July 2012

What I meant was, it used to be that items showed their list pricing, and then their PC price, so you could see how much (if any) discount there was, and which were the 1.99 items, at a glance. I don't see that any more -- maybe it's a Firefox thing? so I don't know what I would save, if I were to resubscribe to the PC.

Which as I am on a limited budget but have a large illustration project in front of me, is a significant thing -- should I just be frugal and buy the sets I need as I can afford them, or splurge and skip a few grocery trips until the project is completed? Since I have no way to do the math at the moment just by looking at the item pages, it's really frustrating.

Plus, having that comparison there on the page was a BIG incentive for me to subscribe to the PC back when I was doing a lot of illustration before, as I could easily see how much I would save and was able to do the math and figure out that I would make it back pretty quickly. It was the best advertisement for the PC that could exist!

Also the fact that the sale expiration dates aren't shown is a big problem, since I was waiting for payday (today) for an item which I would have bought if I had known it would go off sale today... Now I probably won't get it at all. Unless, of course, I could tell if it would be significantly discounted via the Platinum Club...

All in all, I don't find the new site any improvement whatsoever on the old one. Everything is harder to use and slower to load than it was before, and the functionality is reduced significantly on the front end. :-(

ETA: Yikes, I need to put TWO paragraph returns to get the single space between that I see on preview?! Not quite WYSIWYG I guess.

Post edited by joanmb on
    edited December 1969

...when are we going to get filesizes for content and plugins again? I'd really like to know how long a download is going to take.and be able to see its progress.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...when are we going to get filesizes for content and plugins again? I'd really like to know how long a download is going to take.and be able to see its progress.

I'm tired of having to ask other people for the file sizes on items because we can't see them anymore :( I can't buy something if I can't download it on my connection, and I HAVE to know the size before I start downloading freebies or anything I have bought so I'll know if I even have time on a certain night. Some of the files that are 50mb - 70mb I have to wait until the end of the month when I have more time online so I can't start those early in the month :( I've had to start 2 topics here asking for file sizes already for both items I bought and items I was thinking of buying, and have asked a few friends in another forum several times as well before that :( We shouldn't have to ask like that, the information should be listed right there for us :(

edited December 1969

atryeu said:
    Kyoto Kid said:

I'm tired of having to ask other people for the file sizes on items because we can't see them anymore :( I can't buy something if I can't download it on my connection, and I HAVE to know the size before I start downloading freebies or anything I have bought so I'll know if I even have time on a certain night. Some of the files that are 50mb - 70mb I have to wait until the end of the month when I have more time online so I can't start those early in the month :( I've had to start 2 topics here asking for file sizes already for both items I bought and items I was thinking of buying, and have asked a few friends in another forum several times as well before that :( We shouldn't have to ask like that, the information should be listed right there for us :(

Amen!

Dana

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,166
    edited December 1969

That is a known issue that has been brought to DAZ's attention on several occasions. I'm sure they will be fixing it.

• SherrySherry Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I read through about 25 pages and did not see anything about the itemized order page going back to the old format?? I may have missed it.

I called and I think it was Britney, got my wishlist working, and my PC membership fixed. (thanks so much!)

I really was hoping the itemized order list would be fixed or at least be able to "choose" options to sort by. I can not find any of the items I've gotten since the store opened on my list......

Pretty please with sugar on it............can we have the sortable list back??????
    Sherry

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I've moved this from another thread to here . . . where it seems more appropriate.

I haven't read all these pages, so please forgive me if this is a repeat - I don't have enough good time to plow through it all.

The example pictures on the product pages more often don't work right for me. I more often than not get only a portion of the picture and sometimes I get nothing but a big black block. Hard to shop when I can't see the product in all its glory.

Thanks for listening. ~ : )

p.s. Ditto on the Itemized Order History getting a good priority fix for searching. (Yes, I'm a broken record. ;-P )

edited December 1969

Cyn, it could be a video card issue. But try right-clicking on the image thumbnails and select open in new tab (or window, but tab is less of a resource hog). Let us know if that worked for you.

Dana

• Martin_CMartin_C Posts: 164
    edited December 1969

... I understand your frustration, and I ran into similar problems. Some looked pretty scary to me at first sight, and I also have some problems to understand the lack of communication between the company and its customers.

However, since a lot of (similary scared) customers will probably read all this, I'd like to point out a couple of things:

1) The folks at DAZ are very friendly and helpful. I did not experience any attempt to cause disadvantage or even damage to me.
    2) It currently takes ages until you get a response from ZenDesk, but if they deal with you, they will deal friendly and really help you.
    3) Currently your tickets tend to close without a warning and a solution. This seems to be another technical bug. If it happens, just re-open it by posting "bump" as a comment... (or whatever you want to type)
    4) If you experience any financial loss by a malfunction of the shop, I would recommend to just place an order for whatever price is currently on display, and then file a support ticket explaining what price you would have been granted if the shop did work. From my own experience, I'd say that you have a 100% chance to get refunded whatever you have lost. It may take 2 weeks, it may take 3 posted "bump"s, but they will do it.

I'm very dissapointed with the new shop - honestly - but I can only say good and positive things about the human folks from DAZ that dealt with my problems afterwards, and that applies to both the official DAZ staff and the admins and moderators here.

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

*twiddles my thumbs and tries to forget the notification post I got in my email that was obvious it was banned before even looking at this thread* o.0

That announcement with updates hasn't been updated in quite sometime.... have there been any fixes at all to problems listed in it and nobody is updating it anymore or has nothing been fixed since June 26th? :(