SITE UPDATES, ANNOUNCEMENTS, AND CUSTOMER SERVICE INFORMATION

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Log out on a page you are logged in on. close browser, clear cache, reopen browser and log back in again. If that doesn't clear it try a forced refresh (Ctrl F5, or Cmd F5 on a mac)

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

The separate metadata installers has never, or at least rarely, been needed - it was there as an option for adding or updating the metadata later on, but it has always been in the base installer too. It seems that they are now using only the base installer - which at least simplifies the download list.

I never knew that, as I'm sure most wouldn't. But if they're included in the .exe file, then I see there is no need for them. Thanks. Now if we only had zips, I could actually see what I'm installing.
  • atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

Eva1 said:
    There are still problems with the log in functionality. E.g this morning (i.e. a few hours ago) When I clicked 'My Account' it would take me to the correct page, however when I then tried to accss the forum it showed me as logged out when I hadn't . So I was logged into my account but couldn't make any forum posts. Iv'e submitted a ticket. I don't know if this is caching related I tried refreshing etc. I also did try to log out at one point and got a an error message saying the server couldn't complete the action correctly (Firefox message).

You pretty much have to login separately to the store and the forums. :( I'm staying logged into the forums all of the time but the store constantly logs me out multiple times a day and I have to login there as well if I want to see the PC prices or do something with my account. I don't even bother now though unless I really have to. It takes 10-15 minutes to login to the store on my dialup connection and it's a waste of time since I'm just logged out all over again anyway in a few hours or less :(

I hope this will be an issue that gets fixed as well. We should only have to login 1 time to be logged into both the forums & the store. That's how it was with the old site and that's how it should be on this "upgrade" as well :(

• sapatsapat Posts: 1,735
    edited December 1969

Martin_C said:
    Finally, a new problem (at least new to me).

I just received an eMail stating that "I" right now unsubscribed from the newsletter. Problem is: I actually didn't...

But my account indeed has unchecked the newsletter option - I now turned it on again.

Whoever did this, I hope it is another shop/software glitch by itself and not some other user interfering with my account (?)

Anyone else with this problem?

No, this happened to me too about a week or so ago. I just received an email out of the blue that I was unsubscribed when in fact I had not done that. So I had to come to the site and subscribe again. Then I got the email that I was subscribed. Duh....what a pain.
  • JasmineSkunkJasmineSkunk Posts: 1,862
    edited June 2012

Don't worry about being unsubscribed. It is a consequence of them trying to set people's accounts correctly. For example, some PC members could not see the PC forum. As they added those to the MO forum who couldn't see it, it seems some people were unsubscribed. If you receive that email or find yourself unsubscribed, just recheck it. You do not need to worry that someone is accessing your account that shouldn't be. Rest assured, that is not the case. It's just a glitch that happens and they are aware of it.

Post edited by JasmineSkunk on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,060
    edited June 2012

sapat said:
    The separate metadata installers has never, or at least rarely, been needed - it was there as an option for adding or updating the metadata later on, but it has always been in the base installer too. It seems that they are now using only the base installer - which at least simplifies the download list.

I never knew that, as I'm sure most wouldn't. But if they're included in the .exe file, then I see there is no need for them. Thanks. Now if we only had zips, I could actually see what I'm installing.

Exactly! So are we being told that the metadata has installed even if we didn't want it? >:( Where does it go? I have to go looking for it now.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    sapat said:

Exactly! So are we being told that the metadata has installed even if we didn't want it? >:( Where does it go? I have to go looking for it now.

Dana

\Runtime\Support

edited December 1969

Thanks, Richard. I'll have a look. I haven't installed DS4Pro yet, but I will eventually, so I may not delete the stuff. I just wanted to know where it is.

Dana

• DAZ_ann0314DAZ_ann0314 Posts: 2,783
    edited December 1969

To anyone who may have asked me anything in this thread or one of the others I just wanted to say I am so terribly sorry if I missed it or didn't get back to you. I've been out sick for almost a week.

If anyone did ask anything, please report or point me to it or float me a PM :) Sadly I had some flu of hell that kicked my tooshie LOL But I am feeling better now (not 100% still but much much better)

Anyway if I missed anyone who needed my help, again I am really sorry :(

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

Hope you're feeling back to normal quickly, Annie! {{HUGS}}

edited December 1969

Feel better Anne, your health is more important that these mundane issues. :)

Dana

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,139
    edited December 1969

Well I gave in and made an order... $103.00 order to be exact... I didn't want to miss out on the beards and body hair bundle but guess what? The Paypal transaction is completed and I have NO access to my downloads. Yes, I created a support ticket but it's Saturday.... not cool. :coolmad:

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Well I gave in and made an order... $103.00 order to be exact... I didn't want to miss out on the beards and body hair bundle but guess what? The Paypal transaction is completed and I have NO access to my downloads. Yes, I created a support ticket but it's Saturday.... not cool. :coolmad:

Does the order not show as complete, or is the order complete but the downloads aren't available? If the latter, go to Itemized Order History and reset the affected items.

edited December 1969

Order is completed. The Paypal receipt shows that the money was delivered!

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Order is completed. The Paypal receipt shows that the money was delivered!

Is your "My Downloadable Products" showing the items as "not available"? Can you reset them in Itemized Order History?

edited June 2012

Pending... see below.... Also my cart still has all the items in it which is weird!

Post edited by fixmypcmike on
    edited December 1969

Okay, if they show as pending then Reset should unstick them.

edited December 1969

Is there a way to reset the entire order or do I have to go in and do it all one by one?

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Is there a way to reset the entire order or do I have to go in and do it all one by one?

One by one, unless you use Taozen's History Manager.

edited December 1969

you do realize these are all in alphabetical order and this is going to take me a while to hunt them down with how large my product history is... why has DAZ not fixed this area yet? That's ridiculous!

• Gusf1Gusf1 Posts: 252
    edited December 1969

I hope this is the place to post this. I was just looking at the Dreamlight sale. I searched on Dreamlight and it pulled up 2 pages of products (120), I tried to change the sort order from Relevance to date and I got no results. I used the back button on the browser and got the same results. I tried restarting the browser and searching for Dreamlight again : same problem. I also tried the link in the forum to the sale : ditto.
    This is just to let you know the problem exists. It'll probably be cured by clearin the cache or something like that but, for a shopper it would be rather anoying.
    Gus

edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    you do realize these are all in alphabetical order and this is going to take me a while to hunt them down with how large my product history is... why has DAZ not fixed this area yet? That's ridiculous!

DAZ 3D knows this is a high priority, but unless they find an existing plugin to do it, it has to wait. Try Taozen's free program: http://taosoft.dk/software/dazhm/

edited December 1969

Okay, if they show as pending then Reset should unstick them.

That didn't work for me! In fact, when it said Pending in the downloads and in My Orders, the order said processing_auth, the items didn't even show up in the itemized order history! Customer service had to fix it on their end.

Dana

• atryeuatryeu Posts: 612
    edited December 1969

I had almost the exact same problem for one of my orders. It said "Pending" for the Downloads, the Order Status said "processing_auth" but it did show up in my Order History, however resetting gave an error. I had to contact support and it took 3 or 4 days to fix the problem :(

edited December 1969

They were quicker for me, it was only two days. Strange that sometimes it shows in the Itemized Order History and sometimes it doesn't.

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Ack - 40 pages is too many to read through...

What is the status of the Wishlists not working? I submitted a request about this to the Help Center a couple of weeks ago – it was closed almost immediately with a note to the effect that they were aware of the issue, but no actual action was taken.

(Needless to say, I gave them an "unsatisfactory" for closing a ticket before it was resolved. If somebody on my help desk tried pulling that, I'd have him in my office ASAP to explain why he should be allowed to keep working for me. Anyway...)

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

I agree about the Wishlist - very frustrating!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Gusf1 said:
    I searched on Dreamlight and it pulled up 2 pages of products (120), I tried to change the sort order from Relevance to date and I got no results. I used the back button on the browser and got the same results. I tried restarting the browser and searching for Dreamlight again : same problem.

I've had this happen a few times in the last couple of weeks when I tried to change the sort order of a linked search. Something else that the new store can't/won't do...?
    edited December 1969

Oh and a note about my whole issue. I think it may have to do how the store is processing orders paid with PayPal .... The cart was NEVER emptied out. So I had to go in and empty it myself after I got all my products sussed out, reset and downloaded using that crazy "Itemized order history" area.

edited December 1969

I use PayPal and the cart wasn't still full after the order went through. I think they have more than one problem, to be honest.

Dana