Christian 8

Comments

• Hurdy3DHurdy3D Posts: 1,038

Hm... the offer is really nice.

I got $100 free, this worked an hour ago. I just checked again my cart and the the items from the $100 deal costs their regular price now :/

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Reported and should be fixed on the $60. So, the items are free up to the $60 mark, just to clarify.

Thank you! :)

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited January 2019

He looks great, imo. :) 

Here he is "out of the box" but with his "Translucency Low" setting:

Christian 8 - 1.png
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by 3Diva on
  • iSeeThisiSeeThis Posts: 552

I'm not getting the $60 in free items to work in my cart - is anyone else having trouble getting those items to show up free as well?

Me too. Why the system keep running wrong like this. Very irritating.

Screen Shot 2562-01-02 at 15.30.12.png
    675 x 621 - 97K
    Screen Shot 2562-01-02 at 15.31.47.png
    1230 x 1154 - 459K
  • I own 2 G8M Pro Bundles (Nix and Darius) and have no banner. Is there a minimum, or should I keep waiting?

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    gerster said:

I got $100 free, this worked an hour ago. I just checked again my cart and the the items from the $100 deal costs their regular price now :/

Similar issue here.  'Places and Things' items are showing at 'full Plat Club' price.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    iSeeThis said:

I'm not getting the $60 in free items to work in my cart - is anyone else having trouble getting those items to show up free as well?

Try emptying the cart, logging and doing the cart again.

• James_HJames_H Posts: 1,009

Yes, I'm not getting the $discount for free on Daz stuff.

• Does the gift card discount still apply if you go for it after purchasing the bundle? I see it says bundle must be in cart simultaneously OR have been purchased already, but I could see that easily being an oversight that isn't intended to count for the gift card *after* purchase. Would be awesome if it does, cause I could get a bigger gift card out of it, assuming it works that way. Anybody tried that?

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited January 2019

Post edited by Fungible User on
  • seasailor said:

I'm not sure if it's just my download, which I will try to redo, but the HD Add-On for Christian 8 comes out like grey/purple plastacine 

If that doesn't fix it, you should be able to just reapply the character materials to fix that. Assuming they didn't really break something in the HD addon.

• MasterstrokeMasterstroke Posts: 1,803

I won't purchase him. He looks to much like a guy, I used to know from school. ;-) LOL

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047
    edited January 2019
    iSeeThis said:

Didn't help.  Emptied cart, logged out, logged back in, added Christian 8 Pro to cart, added 'Places and Things' stuff, still 'full Plat club' price on the 'Places and Things' items.

Post edited by tj_1ca9500b on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,254

The basic discount is a nice one. (I do havwe most of the Pro Bundles, so I qualify for a good one.) Haven't tested what all of the others do, but the one on the places and things doesn't kick in. Which seems to be fairly prevalent so far. 

I'll wait for tomorrow before pulling the trigger. I don't actually *need* any of the alleged freebies, although there are a couple I wouldn't mind having. But if you have to hunt through all the offerings to rack up the full amount allowed before it kicks in, I've reached the point that I'll just take my discount on the bundle and its add-ons and be thankful.

Hadn't an existing need for speciffically this character "type," but looks decidedly useful. And the official character bases all still include 3DL materials.

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,695
    gerster said:

It broke mine too.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    iSeeThis said:

Emptied cart, Logged out, logged back in, rebuilt cart. No change. the Free items are still at full member prices.

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,762

Seems like a winner to me.  He's not as distinctive as the last couple of G8Ms, but he'll add to the DNA stream and the purple banner offer I got made him too reasonable to pass.  Love the biker beard set and while the clothing options aren't original, they're all of the kind where you would expect to see some variety in casual use. Unfortunatelyi, I'm also unable to get the free items to display as free, so I'll have to wait until moring to see if they've got it straightened out.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    JOdel said:

I'll wait for tomorrow before pulling the trigger. I don't actually *need* any of the alleged freebies, although there are a couple I wouldn't mind having. But if you have to hunt through all the offerings to rack up the full amount allowed before it kicks in, I've reached the point that I'll just take my discount on the bundle and its add-ons and be thankful.

I just tested it. I was 81¢ short of the offer, so I put in Cinco de Lime-O to push over the top. Still no discount. Not that I've ever had to go over to get the offer in the past, but at least now I can say I know that's not it.
    wink

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

I don't know what the levels are, but I own every Gen 8 Pro bundle, and the discounts that ARE working are good enough to keep that streak rolling, although I'll wait until the free Places and Things are fixed.

He looks like he'll make a really good badass, and I need to see how he looks mixed with George...

--  Morgan

• The Pro bundle looks to have some very nice products, and with the discount I can get the Pro bundle and the HD add-on for $42.86, which is great. 
    But as others have said, the "$100 of free Daz Original Places & Things" is not working, so I'll have to hold off buying anything until the offers are working correctly.

Ok, guys, I need to see some carts. Mine is working.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

From what I recall, it's 3 or more. 

Tis why I'm so bummed - I had JUST got to the amount with the female pro bundles to start getting the extra discount...and then they changed it to 'buy the pro bundle and get two/three other pro bundles for free' or 'get a stack of these freebies' instead. Christian 8 is the first time it's come back - big (helpful) discounts if you own 3 or more of the gendered pro bundles. I've fingers crossed they'll do this with the next female bundle (provided it's one I like obviously LOL )  

I own 2 G8M Pro Bundles (Nix and Darius) and have no banner. Is there a minimum, or should I keep waiting?

• Dim ReaperDim Reaper Posts: 687
    edited January 2019

Here's the purple banner and my cart with the "$100 of free Daz Original Places & Things" not working. 

banner 1.jpg
    668 x 626 - 82K
    cart.jpg
    1379 x 943 - 112K
    Post edited by Dim Reaper on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,695
    edited January 2019

As requested:

Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 1.50.43 AM.png
    1017 x 772 - 182K
    Screen Shot 2019-01-02 at 1.51.42 AM.png
    716 x 764 - 130K
    Post edited by xyer0 on

I'm reporting the problem.

• I'm reporting the problem.

Thank you, Cris.

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited January 2019

Post edited by Fungible User on

Question: Is everyone certain they used items only from that linked category?

Make sure they are only from the linked category. If they are, please file a ticket. I did another cart and my items came out correct.

• Mescalino said:

Unfortunately, Christian 8 looks too much like Edward 8's older brother. I can't say I'm impressed by anything in the pro bundle as it's all been done before.

If I can leverage the other deals on offer, the pro bundle might look better. But, like all the G8 white females, were now being deluged with G8 white males. Where's the variety? (And don't bring up Lee 8, as he's got barely any Asian genetics to add to the pool.)

Well hes a male so im not complaining but he does feel like a mix between edward and michael.

I thought he looks slightly younger than Edward stick Commander or Mathew hair on him - I do think many G8M are too similar (with odd wonderful exception), and I'm not sure I can tell the likes of Charlotte and Stephanie apart either

- I was hoping for a Scott or Pavel (from Ivans gene pool) type - Love the hairs in the Pro Bundle though, fearsome beard.