Christian 8

Comments

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

Still problems for free items at the higher level using Chrome Browser and The Pro Bundle and following the link for limited items.

• seasailor said:

I'm not sure if it's just my download, which I will try to redo, but the HD Add-On for Christian 8 comes out like grey/purple plastacine 

this is something different they've done of late in past when you loaded the hd version you got a skin texture right off but now after loading the hd you gotta find the materials of the base figure and load that after

seasailor said:

I'm not sure if it's just my download, which I will try to redo, but the HD Add-On for Christian 8 comes out like grey/purple plastacine 

this is something different they've done of late in past when you loaded the hd version you got a skin texture right off but now after loading the hd you gotta find the materials of the base figure and load that after

Just load bbase then load HD if you are going to do a closeup. Actually makes more sense anyway you can wait to add HD until you need it in a render.

Okay now the EXTRA Add-on is broken too! Going the wrong way. Guess I will wait a few hours.

• Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited January 2019

Post edited by Fungible User on

@Seasailor Check in messages under account for exclusive offers.

It is about $45-50 depending on discount level for PRO + HD!

Add-on discount banner part working again but not Free Stuff yet.

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited January 2019

Just checked again, discount on Gift Card* not applying even tho banner told me "* Christian 8 Pro Bundle must be in cart simultaneously with items, OR purchased for discount to apply". I purchased Christian 8 Pro Bundle earlier this am.

Post edited by Spit on
  • y3kman said:

There is.

Get an EXTRA 70% OFF* on these 
    select Daz Original "People & Wearables"

Plus get $80 free content* of these 
    select Daz Original "Places & Things"

AND 20% OFF* a Gift Card.

You didn't get a banner?

Wow, some good deals there. But no banner or message for me. sad Haven't spent enough I guess, e.g. I only bought the Nix base character not the pro bundle.

• My purple banner says:

Thank you so much for your previously purchased Genesis 8 pro bundles.

Please enjoy these extra savings when you buy the new Christian 8 Pro Bundle

Get an EXTRA 50% OFF*
    Christian 8 Pro Bundle and his Add-Ons

Get an EXTRA 70% OFF* on these
    select Daz Original "People & Wearables"

Plus get $100 free content* of these
    select Daz Original "Places & Things"

AND 25% OFF* a Gift Card.

Unfortunately the $100 off part isn't working as of yet.

• I almost have every g8 pro bundle, so I got the $100 free places and things, but its not working on cart. Please fix it

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323
    edited January 2019

Without the Christian bundle, the items, from the category, should total the amount listed in your onsite offer. If it is more, that amount, from your onsite, will be deducted when you add the bundle back in. The items themselves may not show as zero, but the total should be correct. If not, then it's ticket time.

As you can see from the cart I posted  above they are not showing as free even though the total is less than the amount I was offered AND the total is NOT correct for their being free !

Which is why it's time for a ticket. :)

Thanks for your initial efforts but its still not fixed

I did file a ticket several hours ago but I suppose it may be days before DAZ gets to my ticket. Meanwhile, the sale could be over or be changed  Which is why I hoped it could again be reported.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095

Are his tattoos supposed to be backwards like that? Did he tattoo himself while looking in the mirror?

• vwrangler said:

Judging by Genesis 3, this is about the time in the generation when things go random. After this point in Genesis 3, we got two demons, two centaurs, mini-bundles of vampires and zombies, a toon male, and five additional humans.

Well, this is the point when we start thinking about the next gen on the horizon (V8 was released June 2017) so perhaps purchases of regular characters start slowing down. I know it's factoring into my buying decisions.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • Fungible UserFungible User Posts: 456
    edited January 2019

Post edited by Fungible User on
  • To those saying they bought Marvelous Designer and are making their own male clothes:
    If they're good quality and provide the extra functionality, have you considered trying to get them up for sale here? It could make you some money and do us all a service for them to be available. ;)

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438

no banner, no message. Too Bad .. makes for no sale. 
    I guesss its buy more to get discount..I can see that, but it also makes it very difficult to pay the big bucks to get into the game. Once you pass you're not getting the huge discount to make the Pro stuff affordable. Then its pass on all of them until maybe there is some huge discount on a special sale or something. 

I have purchased 7 G8 Pro bundels however. 5 purchased in 2018 . no banner no message

• Welp, just to throw my name onto the pile of people having problems...
    I haven't been able to get the free items to work for me either. Mine says I'm supposed to get $100 off stuff from that page, and I can't get any of them to show up as free or discounted anything more than the 30% they're already showing. The gift card discount is showing up, the pro bundle discount, even the extra addons, but not the free items. O_o

I waited quite a while to see if it was something that would just get fixed since other people were reporting the same thing, but that hasn't helped so far. I tried emptying my cart, then logging out and logging back in and redoing it. No effect.

Capture.PNG
    867 x 575 - 96K
  • Reallyyyy?? Why do Core characters all look the same... It's honestly shocking. He looks so much like Edward, core characters should be vastly different.

• Re-reported the discount on Places and Things offer, and asked about the ofer applying after purchase of the Pro Bundle

• tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Just want to point out to the Daz sales team that a number of people here just came off of the Christmas shopping season, so they may not have a spare $100 or so in their Debit/Credit card accounts to cover the difference until Customer support eventually gets around to issuing a refund.  $100 is a lot of money to some people...

I'd be using banked store credit, so this is less of an issue for me personally, just pointing out that the sale should just work, without leaps of faith...

Of course, if gift cards aren't working properly either, yeah that's a problem, as I was thinking of grabbing one to restock my balance a bit for future sales. I did a fair amount of Daz shopping in December, which meant I spent more than I was planning to...

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,438
    Karuki said:

Reallyyyy?? Why do Core characters all look the same... It's honestly shocking. He looks so much like Edward, core characters should be vastly different.

most of them are similar ... someone posted an image of all "8" characters...very similar. it made me wonder why i buy them... morphs are our friends. The TEXTURES though are different. I use them on different characters that i generate. The deal being, though, the bundle deals. A lot for a lot less ... in this case, if you are getting the banner or message. 

• Was hoping he be my first ever pro purchase in the G8 series, but eh.  Nothing to amazing or useful in his pro bundle.  His base looks like a mix between M8 and Edward slapped with Edward skin :/

• well i did pretty well my price with discount of 40% off with the hd add on was just over $51 US+ got $80 freebies + had store credit so knocked it down lower did try my $6 coupon but because of the freebies that was only knocking of $3 so didn't use it. So just from the promos I like him and can see a lot of use in him perfect for all kinds of scenes genres and looking at the hd promo looks like that adds a lot of extra detail especially the face

• OK, the offer is all-in-one-cart, one use, the Or purchased is incorrect (and being fixed). If you missed out on part of the offer through trying to split an order please open a Sales Support ticket.

• OK, the offer is all-in-one-cart, one use, the Or purchased is incorrect (and being fixed). If you missed out on part of the offer through trying to split an order please open a Sales Support ticket.

Any thoughts on how long it might take to get the free items to work correctly? If it's gonna take a while then I'll just go to sleep for now.

• How exactly does the $100 free Daz content work?  I placed a couple items in my cart with everything else needed and the items didn't zero out.  Should I just wait a moment?

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,323

Re-reported the discount on Places and Things offer, and asked about the ofer applying after purchase of the Pro Bundle

OK, the offer is all-in-one-cart, one use, the Or purchased is incorrect (and being fixed). If you missed out on part of the offer through trying to split an order please open a Sales Support ticket.

Richard, Thanks for your help and the update. Any word on the $100 of free Places and Things not working?

I have everything in one cart but the $$ off places and things still isn't working.