Christian 8

outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
edited January 2019 in The Commons

Interesting. Biker/Duck Dynasty/Tough guy. Though for a tough guy his skin sure is clean. Some shots have that trademark Genesis 8 orange skin, but some are no so bad. I think the character looks pretty versatile, which is a plus. But I personally don't see a need for the bundles.

Surprisingly the purple banner is already up, and it was actually up right on the hour, before Christian was even loading. Some deals there perhaps, but I don't know if I'm feeling them. All I'd get is the base. 

It would be nice if there were some smaller deals for people who just want the base or starter.

Post edited by outrider42 on

Comments

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Unfortunately, Christian 8 looks too much like Edward 8's older brother. I can't say I'm impressed by anything in the pro bundle as it's all been done before.

If I can leverage the other deals on offer, the pro bundle might look better. But, like all the G8 white females, were now being deluged with G8 white males. Where's the variety? (And don't bring up Lee 8, as he's got barely any Asian genetics to add to the pool.)

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I’m not sure if I’m missing something, but is there no discount for previous pro bundle buyers? Or selection of freebies if you buy the Christian 8 pro bundle??

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    jakiblue said:

I’m not sure if I’m missing something, but is there no discount for previous pro bundle buyers? Or selection of freebies if you buy the Christian 8 pro bundle??

I'm seeing a purple banner.

• Fae3DFae3D Posts: 2,422

Oh no! I finally have enough money to buy a new bundle so I can get older bundles with it, and they change it to a simple % off artists?  My luck is terrible  -_-

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    edited January 2019
    jakiblue said:

Look for a purple banner, 30% off, plus $60 in free content, plus a couple other discounts. Its all in the banner this time. Those numbers may differ on how many bundles you have.

Post edited by outrider42 on
  • y3kmany3kman Posts: 765
    jakiblue said:

There is.

Get an EXTRA 70% OFF* on these 
    select Daz Original "People & Wearables"

Plus get $80 free content* of these 
    select Daz Original "Places & Things"

AND 20% OFF* a Gift Card.

You didn't get a banner?

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

Like the space pirate outfit and the one promo is like a nod to Clive Owen. Well done.

Going to see what shakes out as I study the bundles.

If not, there's always at least ONE THING I like.

I knew something was up when I saw that Gift Card offer yesterday.

I was going to post about a new figure coming, but I decided not to.

I'm not getting the $60 in free items to work in my cart - is anyone else having trouble getting those items to show up free as well?

• SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683
    Mossy Creek is showing as included in the pro bundle on the character sale page. I suspect it doesn't belong there ;)
  • i kinda like him, but alas no banner so i may just get the base figure. I kind of like that the G8 males have so much character. yes

• Griffin AvidGriffin Avid Posts: 3,755

You shouldn't have shared the banner.

I'm not buying anything without a banner. Those deals are too good, gift card considered and everything.

Sour, sour grapes.

My browser is acting screwed up- like how it does when a banner is active, so maybe it will show up later.

Last time it arrived late and I never got that sorted out.

This time I'll wait or simply pass.

Moere sour, sour, SOUR grapes. lol

No purple banner. I have 8 x pro bundles - but alas, 7 are for females and only 1 is for a male pro bundle, so i suspect that is why. Ah well, no Christian for me. 

Usually there is a message in your "messages" on your account dashboard. I've seen it there when the banner didn't show, so try that. 

You shouldn't have shared the banner.

I'm not buying anything without a banner. Those deals are too good, gift card considered and everything.

Sour, sour grapes.

My browser is acting screwed up- like how it does when a banner is active, so maybe it will show up later.

Last time it arrived late and I never got that sorted out.

This time I'll wait or simply pass.

Moere sour, sour, SOUR grapes. lol

• xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,677

I'm not getting the $60 in free items to work in my cart - is anyone else having trouble getting those items to show up free as well?

Fee-fi-fee-fi-FREE for me!

Thanks, Daz, for giving us more types, though he is like Vladimir and Edward amalgamated. I refuse to complain because I see he has skin that is on the superior level of the best G8M Core characters. Thanks so much. I can always find a use for the other outfits in the Pro Bundle, since they are all very well made. Danke, Mada, for your usual explanatory graphics promo frame. I'm quite pleased.

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    y3kman said:
    jakiblue said:

There is.

Get an EXTRA 70% OFF* on these 
    select Daz Original "People & Wearables"

Plus get $80 free content* of these 
    select Daz Original "Places & Things"

AND 20% OFF* a Gift Card.

You didn't get a banner?

I have a banner, but different (lower) numbers, so I guess I didn't buy enough last year LOL

I think they might be still working bugs out.

• Oh hurray, yet another mid-life crisis male character. And still no good armor. Where the hell is Kenji or The Guy? There counterparts have been around forever.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2019

Same. I put in just under $60, then just over $60, and they show as discounted, but not free. And I was stretching to find a few products I wanted (for free) from the offerings.

As for the 60% off wearables, it's all the same offerings we've seen many times before, so nothing special there.

Even Christian 8 looks like a rehashed previous character, with so-so pro bundle items and add-ons.

No sale for me.

EDIT: The offers I got are less than some, and more than others, if you are wondering about the figures I've shown.

Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151
    Sylvan said:
    Mossy Creek is showing as included in the pro bundle on the character sale page. I suspect it doesn't belong there ;)

Will email Daz on that. It's an error I'm sure; not in the listings of the product page.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited January 2019

The link for Christian 8 himself, on the Pro Bundle page, is wrong. Instead of going to www.daz3d.com/christian-8, it's just going to the very top site level, www.daz3d.com.

The same is true for the links to Christian 8 on the page at https://www.daz3d.com/hitting-2019-hard-with-the-new-christian-8; the links in the sections dedicated to the Pro Bundle and the Starter bundle and the isolated Christian 8 base are all going to the site top page.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • A few buttons across the site are randomly doing that for me.

vwrangler said:
    The link for Christian 8 himself, on the Pro Bundle page, is wrong. Instead of going to www.daz3d.com/christian-8, it's just going to the very top site level, www.daz3d.com.

Sylvan said:

Will email Daz on that. It's an error I'm sure; not in the listings of the product page.

Thank you. :) Could you let them know that the $60 in free items for those with a banner isn't working either?

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

I am surprised no one has commented that this is a second male release in a row after Nix, I believe that is a first. Have DAZ run out of ideas for new female bundles?

• I think we're all still in shock.

Havos said:

I am surprised no one has commented that this is a second male release in a row after Nix, I believe that is a first. Have DAZ run out of ideas for new female bundles?

• MescalinoMescalino Posts: 428

Unfortunately, Christian 8 looks too much like Edward 8's older brother. I can't say I'm impressed by anything in the pro bundle as it's all been done before.

If I can leverage the other deals on offer, the pro bundle might look better. But, like all the G8 white females, were now being deluged with G8 white males. Where's the variety? (And don't bring up Lee 8, as he's got barely any Asian genetics to add to the pool.)

Well hes a male so im not complaining but he does feel like a mix between edward and michael.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited January 2019
    Havos said:

It's the first in this generation, but I don't think it's a first, as such. Elijah and Damien Demon were back-to-back last generation.

Judging by Genesis 3, this is about the time in the generation when things go random. After this point in Genesis 3, we got two demons, two centaurs, mini-bundles of vampires and zombies, a toon male, and five additional humans. Genesis 2 isn't directly comparable, but Reptilian and Minotaur came at the end of that generation, as well.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,683

I am also falling into the $60 free range and I am also not getting that category for free. I have the pro bundle plus over $60 in my cart from that category.
  • tj_1ca9500btj_1ca9500b Posts: 2,047

Just gotta say, I feel for the people that don't get a purple banner.  I almost passed on Christian, as the '50% off artists' wasn't really an incentive (we see that regularly).

But the deal offered in the purple banner changed the calculus completely.  Apparently, buyng a lot of pro bundles can earn you more $ in freebies ($60-$100, possibly more).  And 60-70% (or more?) off wearables, 20%-25% off of gift cards (maybe more or less, not seeing a lower percentage in the above posts), and 40-50% (or more?) off of the Christian 8 Pro bundle, depending on how much Daz liked your purchase history...

I ended up missing out on the NY Eve sale, so the numbers in my banner were a nice consolation prize.  Just need to decide if I'm restocking my gift card credit at this time, as the offered amount is in the 'rare' range compared to the 'usual' offers.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

Reported and should be fixed on the $60. So, the items are free up to the $60 mark, just to clarify.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,794

maybe the $60 the full price of those items totalled, not tested