Headshop 11 Questions

andolaurinaandolaurina Posts: 667
edited November 2018 in The Commons

Hi all!

Does Headshop 11export an OBJ that is Genesis 8 Female/Male base geometry? Or is it using a geograft? 

What I'm getting at is... Once I've created a morph, can I save & redistribute it as a morph asset for Genesis 8?

Also is the resulting head texture compatible with the Genesis 8 Female/Male UVs respectively?

Thanks so much!

Post edited by andolaurina on

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,022

Headshop creates morphs, not a new head. I have no idea if you're allowed to distribute morphs created with it though.

• Hi all!

Does Headshop 11export an OBJ that is Genesis 8 Female/Male base geometry? Or is it using a geograft? 

What I'm getting at is... Once I've created a morph, can I save & redistribute it as a morph asset for Genesis 8?

Also is the resulting head texture compatible with the Genesis 8 Female/Male UVs respectively?

Thanks so much!

Yes, If you click on the Export button HeadShop 11 does export full head as an OBJ file, complete with textures. 

• Hi all!

Thanks so much!

Yes, If you click on the Export button HeadShop 11 does export full head as an OBJ file, complete with textures. 

@info_b3470fa520

Thanks for the response. I just want to be clear. The exported geometry matches Genesis 8 Female or Male's geometry at base resolution, right? And the textures are for the actual Genesis 8 Male/Female head, matching the UVs that come with Genesis 8 Female and Male? I just want to make sure this is doing what I want before I buy it. Thanks for the help!

• Hi all!

Thanks so much!

@info_b3470fa520

Thanks for the response. I just want to be clear. The exported geometry matches Genesis 8 Female or Male's geometry at base resolution, right? And the textures are for the actual Genesis 8 Male/Female head, matching the UVs that come with Genesis 8 Female and Male? I just want to make sure this is doing what I want before I buy it. Thanks for the help!

Yes

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,305

Abalone, Could you please clear up the confusion over the upgrade prices. In particular, if you own Headshop One Click, are you entitled to the upgrade price?

• HeadShop and OneClick are different products, so, the answer is no; you are supposed to have the previous version of HeadShop (HS10) installed to be able to upgrade.

• DecoyboyDecoyboy Posts: 490
    I am also interested in this product but on the fence. Some reviews are positive while others are not. Just not sure. Does the head take on the person's skin, and leave you with a skin body of gen8?
  • Decoyboy said:
    I am also interested in this product but on the fence. Some reviews are positive while others are not. Just not sure. Does the head take on the person's skin, and leave you with a skin body of gen8?

Yes, only the head gets changed. 

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

Question:

Per the Product page:

"HeadShop 11 works with the following figures:

• Genesis 2 Male and Female
    • Genesis 3 Male and Female
    • Genesis 8 Male and Female"

Also, Per the *same* product page:

"HeadShop 11 works with all Genesis figures (Genesis, Genesis 2, Genesis 3 and Genesis 8)"

So... (?)

The previous version (10) *did* support "Genesis", so it could go either way, and the main product start-up image text also reflects Genesis1 support.

My initial experiments indicate the first version is correct: no Genesis1 support, unless I'm missing something obvious.

Am I off to get a refund? or ... ?

--ms

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

How can one move autodots in Headshop 11?

Could you describe it here, without pointing out to the video tutorial.

In Front tab, I have just tried to click on the dot, but it does not select the dot

and only move around the reference picture itself.

It will be useful for the reference pictures, when the backgroud and one side of the face is bright.

• Pls. try different screen resolution on your PC. Very high screen resolution may shrink the dots and make it difficult to see/grab

• Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603
    edited November 2018

I've bought and installed the full verion of Headshop 11 but I think I may have a conflict with an older version. I did buy OneClick, I'm not sure if it is installed on this computer but I can't find any way to de-install it. I've tried following the quickstart tutorial but the window I get when starting Headshop is nothing like the one shown in the tutorial. It says Headshop 6, is this OneClick or even older? When I go past this point the next part does look like the tutorial. Here is a screenshot of what I get on launching Headshop

HeadshopStart.jpg
    902 x 765 - 97K
    Post edited by Peter Wade on
  • info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited November 2018

I've bought and installed the full verion of Headshop 11 but I think I may have a conflict with an older version. I did buy OneClick, I'm not sure if it is installed on this computer but I can't find any way to de-install it. I've tried following the quickstart tutorial but the window I get when starting Headshop is nothing like the one shown in the tutorial. It says Headshop 6, is this OneClick or even older? When I go past this point the next part does look like the tutorial. Here is a screenshot of what I get on launching Headshop

This looks normal HeadShop 11. (Disregard the HeadShop 6 in the header - it is an error). In regard to the tutorial: find it under Help menu in HeadShop. It is linked to this pdf file: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/HeadShop11manual.pdf

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • Peter WadePeter Wade Posts: 1,603

This looks normal HeadShop 11. (Disregard the HeadShop 6 in the header - it is an error). In regard to the tutorial: find it under Help menu in HeadShop. It is linked to this pdf file: https://printahead.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/09/HeadShop11manual.pdf

Sorry, now I look at it more closely I understand. I didn't see why I had a much smaller window without so many options. Now I see that in the tutorial you ticked the View/Change Figure Settings box. That came up as unselected when I did it. When I tick that box it does look like the tutorial.

Pls. try different screen resolution on your PC. Very high screen resolution may shrink the dots and make it difficult to see/grab

Thanks for the explanation. My screen resolution is 1920 x 1200. Is it too high?

edited November 2018

Below is one of my tests on Genesis 2 Female.

It will be even more fun, if I figure out, what is causing the distorsion around the ears.

This one is with the material from https://www.daz3d.com/beautiful-skin-iray-genesis-2-female-s

VivienLeigh007sc01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 244K
    VivienLeigh007sc01pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 234K
    VivienLeigh007sc01pic03.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 274K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • What was the original picture you used?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926

My jaw joint around the ears has distortions although not as bad as some of the pictures I've seen here. It depends a lot on how the jaw is flexed.

edited November 2018

What was the original picture you used?

It was the one from https://movieplayer.it/foto/vivien-leigh-disperata-in-una-scena-del-film-via-col-vento-1939_216059/

but cropped to the head only.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2018

By the way, has anybody tried using black and white pictures as a reference in Headshop?

Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2018

My jaw joint around the ears has distortions although not as bad as some of the pictures I've seen here. It depends a lot on how the jaw is flexed.

I have not tried yet, but it will be probably easy to fix in Character Creator 3

or maybe even in Hexagon.

Post edited by Artini on
  • I bought Headshop 11 directly from the vendor when it was first mentioned on here, and I can confirm that Laslo does try to resolve bugs where found, and releases updates. 

If your source photograph is a three quarter view, or the person is smiling, ( which the vast majority of available portrait photos are ) then it's the only game in town really.

I find the results, while not 'perfect' are a big improvement over previous versions.

edited November 2018

I bought Headshop 11 directly from the vendor when it was first mentioned on here, and I can confirm that Laslo does try to resolve bugs where found, and releases updates. 

If your source photograph is a three quarter view, or the person is smiling, ( which the vast majority of available portrait photos are ) then it's the only game in town really.

I find the results, while not 'perfect' are a big improvement over previous versions.

That was exactly, why I have bought it. During the years, I have bought all of its previous versions, as well,

because I want to support the development of such an interesting program.

Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

I bought Headshop 11 directly from the vendor when it was first mentioned on here, and I can confirm that Laslo does try to resolve bugs where found, and releases updates. 

That was exactly, why I have bought it. During the years, I have bought all of its previous versions, as well,

because I want to support the development of such an interesting program.

Thanks!! It means a lot to us to appreciate the two year's worth of development we put into HeadShop 11.smiley

edited November 2018

I really like, how well HeadShop 11 capture the smile.

This feature alone is worth a lot for me - great work.

Below is an example render of HeadShop 11 produced character, based on Genesis 3 Female.

JA01pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 236K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    Artini said:

Below is an example render of HeadShop 11 produced character, based on Genesis 3 Female.

Be nice to see the same character but with the smile expression remove with the morph slider. Is that possible?

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited November 2018
    Artini said:

Be nice to see the same character but with the smile expression remove with the morph slider. Is that possible?

Maybe. You get better results if you do the smile removing DAZ Studio/Parameters/Posing :-)

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
    edited November 2018

Another example of Genesis 3 Female based character.

KS01sc02pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 369K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited November 2018

... and one more  on G3F

other01sc01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 217K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Artini said:

... and one more  on G3F

This is pretty awesome!