Headshop 11 Questions

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    Artini said:

... and one more  on G3F

This is pretty awesome!

This is the 1st one with the smile removed via DAZ Studio morph slider for Smile expression correct? How does that work?

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

Those came out great @artini. I can’t wait to give the product a try this weekend. 

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,787

Thanks a lot, Abalone LLC and Worlds_Edge.

I can easily say - I LOVE this product and could not stop using it.

Artini said:

... and one more  on G3F

This is pretty awesome!

This is the 1st one with the smile removed via DAZ Studio morph slider for Smile expression correct? How does that work?

Sorry, I have not started to customize pose or expression of HeadShop 11 produced characters, yet.

This was just a render of the character as exported from HeadShop 11 and I only have added the hair.

I have a large pile of different images, that I want to test first in HeadShop 11, before I even think about something else.

Artini said:
    Artini said:

... and one more  on G3F

This is pretty awesome!

Sorry, I have not started to customize pose or expression of HeadShop 11 produced characters, yet.

This was just a render of the character as exported from HeadShop 11 and I only have added the hair.

I have a large pile of different images, that I want to test first in HeadShop 11, before I even think about something else.

OK, well the product does look improved. I'll watch for renders that erase expressions.

edited November 2018

My first test of HeadShop 11 created character on Genesis 8 Female.

G8Fex01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 172K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Is the skin also from HeadShop? Did it need any changes?

It would be really great to see more people posting their results. I'd also like to see the source photo if they don't mind.
  • info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 2018

I agree with Outrider42. Love to see more artwork done with HeadShop 11. (and yes, my guess is that the skin is also HeadShop made:-)

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
    edited December 2018

Yes, all of my renders are with skin made by HeadShop 11, without any changes, except when explicitly mentioned.

Since I do not keep track of my test source photos, I will not show them with my posts.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2018

DS iray render of Genesis 8 Male character created in HeadShop 11 - no changes to the skin, at all.

ag8m01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 166K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2018

Another example of HeadShop 11 created character on G8M.

It creates some kind of the mask on the G8M face.

Just wonder, how can one improve reference image or change some settings in FaceShop 11,

to get better match of the skin, between reference and the skin included with HeadShop.

CG03pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 169K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • Good stuff, Artini! Please keep them coming!

edited December 2018

Thanks, Abalone LLC.

Here is another one of G8M, with slightly adjusted expression in DS and hair added.

ac01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 149K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • artistb3artistb3 Posts: 188

When does the question "Is Headshop One-Click a variation of Headshop 10, does it qualify for upgrade?" get answered and why is this not addressed in the promo?  Typical Headshop issue...

edited December 2018
    artistb3 said:

When does the question "Is Headshop One-Click a variation of Headshop 10, does it qualify for upgrade?" get answered and why is this not addressed in the promo?  Typical Headshop issue...

It has been answered, multiple times, and Headshop OneClick is not considered a varient of Headshop 10 and so does not qualify for an upgrade. If you didn't get an upgrade offer, then you don't qualify.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Decoyboy said:
    I am also interested in this product but on the fence. Some reviews are positive while others are not. Just not sure. Does the head take on the person's skin, and leave you with a skin body of gen8?

Where are these reviews?  I'm still on the fence.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679
    Decoyboy said:
    I am also interested in this product but on the fence. Some reviews are positive while others are not. Just not sure. Does the head take on the person's skin, and leave you with a skin body of gen8?

Where are these reviews?  I'm still on the fence.

You are sort of reading them here now. This is also why I'd like to see some images of the source photos, as seeing the source photo really helps determine if the created face is a real likeness or not.

• I guess my main question is how versatile the faces are.  If I need to make an angry face from a model that I captured from a smiling photo, would that be a problem, necessarily?

• I guess my main question is how versatile the faces are.  If I need to make an angry face from a model that I captured from a smiling photo, would that be a problem, necessarily?

Not at all. It is fun to try. You may also use two steps: 1. Make face unsmile (move mouth sliders to achioeve this) 2. Add angry expression.

• OK, I bought it, and now I'm getting back an error message after I load the picture: "DAZ model not found."  I followed the directions for non-C drive installation, but I feel I should point out that my runtime (and with it all of my models) are on their own separate partition.

• You need to have a DAZ genesis 2,3, or 8 figure loaded in Studio before you start headshop

• You need to have a DAZ genesis 2,3, or 8 figure loaded in Studio before you start headshop

Yes, I did that.  Still got the error message.

• ThoerThoer Posts: 3

Hello, got a problem after exporting the fs-Morphb to DS 4. There is a Morph-artifact from chin to neck. I tried this on G3 and G8 with many setting in Headshop - the effect is the same on each portrait I tried. In this case the Morph is unusable. What´s the problem and how can I solve it?

Thoer said:

Hello, got a problem after exporting the fs-Morphb to DS 4. There is a Morph-artifact from chin to neck. I tried this on G3 and G8 with many setting in Headshop - the effect is the same on each portrait I tried. In this case the Morph is unusable. What´s the problem and how can I solve it?

It is quite common and I have not found the solution for it, either, besides dialing the fs morph down, until artifact dissapear

(around 25% in my trials).

edited December 2018

Could somebody please, publish the links to the public domain images, that can be used as a reference photos, thanks.

Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2018

Ok, here is the link to the reference picture:

https://pixabay.com/en/young-man-portrait-beard-young-man-1281282/

Below is an iray render of the Genesis 8 Male character created by HeadShop 11 using that reference image.

Below are the iray renders of the same character with different expressions aplied from https://www.daz3d.com/genesis-8-male-expressions

young-man-1281282sc01pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 164K
    young-man-1281282sc01pic02AngryHD.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 164K
    young-man-1281282sc01pic03AfraidHD.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 166K
    young-man-1281282sc01pic04BereftHD.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 164K
    young-man-1281282sc01pic05BoredHD.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 165K
    young-man-1281282sc01pic06ExcitementHD.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 166K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2018

Another reference picture:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ana_Santos_Aramburo_en_la_sede_de_Recoletos_de_la_Biblioteca_Nacional_de_España_(crop_2).jpg

Below are the iray renders of HeadShop 11 characters created for Genesis 8 Female

without any changes:

with smile removed and aged to 50 years:

AnaSantosAramburo02pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 220K
    AnaSantosAramburo03pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 202K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • backgroundbackground Posts: 359
    edited December 2018

These two look very good. The ones above of the guy... really needs the figure base texture to be lighter to match the face. Beards are always going to be a problem with this type of program too.

I've seen that distortion where it looks like the head is pushed down, creating a distortion on the jaw and neck. I have no idea why it happens. maybe Laslo could comment?

Post edited by background on
  • We discovered this issue with the non-smiling heads. It is a bug but hard to find. The models made from open-smile photos don't have this problem.

Well the Headshop 11 version of the guy you can see that the face is made too skinny, not enough fat on the jaws or maybe the jaws are made too small bone-wise? The female looks pretty close but it's hard to tell with the chin & jaw because of her expression in the photo.