Headshop 11 Questions

Comments

• dtsuidtsui Posts: 0

OK, I bought it, and now I'm getting back an error message after I load the picture: "DAZ model not found."  I followed the directions for non-C drive installation, but I feel I should point out that my runtime (and with it all of my models) are on their own separate partition.

I got the error "DAZ model not found" too. I have the DAZ Studio main program folder in C: drive, but all supporting folders are in different drive.

Please advise.

Thanks.

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

We discovered this issue with the non-smiling heads. It is a bug but hard to find. The models made from open-smile photos don't have this problem.

What is happening is that the entire head is moving down as the morph is dialed up. So there is a bone that is being effected by the morph that should not be. This effect also impacts hair. The hair will not fit properly over the ears, it is far too high above the ear. If you apply any hair, and the dial the headshop morph up and down, you can watch the head move up and down the neck, while the rest of the body and even the hair remain in the same location. This is a major bug that must be addressed.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,837
    edited December 2018

Another HeadShop 11 produced, G8F character, based on the reference image:

https://gratisography.com/photo/college-girl/

with Miranda hair added - https://www.daz3d.com/miranda-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

gratisography-254H_01pic02.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 275K
    Post edited by Artini on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    Artini said:

Another HeadShop 11 produced, G8F character, based on the reference image:

https://gratisography.com/photo/college-girl/

with Miranda hair added - https://www.daz3d.com/miranda-hair-for-genesis-3-8-female-s

I think it looks good with one of the DO or PA texture sets applied. Could you do that?

Will try, as soon, as I get a time, to do it.

• dtsui said:

I got the error "DAZ model not found" too. I have the DAZ Studio main program folder in C: drive, but all supporting folders are in different drive.

Please advise.

Thanks.

dtsui and I seem to be having a similar problem.  So is there any kind of solution? 

Well, I went ahead and bought this. It has made strides, and in some situations it has real perks over Facegen, but it also has maddening issues at the same time.

Pros:

1- Very fast software. The autodots populate instantly, and the export back to Daz is quick. The autodots also go where they need to 99% of the time, which I find pretty impressive. You rarely need to adjust them.

2- It really is capable of using photos with smiles in them. Facegen cannot handle this task at all. So if you want to be able to create faces with the most possible photos, HS wins this feature easily.

3- Morphs made do not warp eyes in horrible ways like Facegen, and the head is not as fat. In FG the eyes shift upwards and the iris can warp.

4- The texture that Headshop creates is VASTLY improved over previous versions. Not only is the texture 4096 by 4096, it is a high quality bmp file. This file can be over 40MB in size. In a direct compare with the same photo used in Facegen, I could see more fine detail in the texture HS created. The better the source picture, the better the detail can be. This is really dramatic. I can always edit a texture and correct problems. But it is very hard to add fine detail. You either have it or you don't.

5- The developer actually visits the forums. The developers of Facegen have not once posted on the Daz forums. Facegen for the most part has remained largely unchanged since its beginnings many years ago. I feel like they really need to update the software at the core level.

Cons:

1- While HS does not warp the eyes like FG can, it currently has a bad issue with photos that do not use smiles. When dialing the morph in, the head moves down the neck, and this creates a very bad crease in the area the head shape meets the neck. Not only that, but this also effects the TEETH. The teeth do a very strange thing, they shrink and make the character look like they never have been to a dentist in their life. Hillbilly teeth, if you will. It is very bad. This issue is not present with the source photo is smiling. This makes no sense, and it is a glaring issue. And yet another issue with all of this "non smiling photo" is that hair does not quite fit this morph. When dialing the morph in, basically the hair does not react to the morph at all. These are all things that need to be corrected ASAP.

2- While the textures have improved a lot, they still don't blend in that well with the texture HS applies it to. I have also noticed a bad line around the face UV. After digging, I found that the texture that HS creates is trimmed about 1 or 2 mm too small around the face UV. So you get this nasty line where the face UV meets the torso UV. At least this issue is easy to fix, simply pop the texture in your favorite editor, add the original face texture as a layer, and copy/paste/clone the missing area of the UV to the texture HS creates. Also the smiling face textures leave a bit to be desired. Again, this can be fixed in editing. But this is something that should have been caught in testing.

3- Headshop still only creates one texture for the face. Though this is somewhat blended in with the texture you apply it to. It makes no attempt at creating eye textures for G3 or G8. Actually it seems like HS11 is more geared towards Genesis 2 in general. My G2 results were better than my G3 ones, except for the males. G8M faired better than the other males.

Both of these cons should have been caught in testing. I literally caught them the very first time I used Headshop 11, so this is a bit baffling.

Conclusion:

It is very tough to call. I actually would recommend using both of these as they can compliment each other's weaknesses well. In fact, I have tried using both HS11 and FG head morphs dialed in a different values on the same character, and I very much liked this result. 

If you want to play Highlander and scream that "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" well that is a tough call. I might give an edge to the incumbent Facegen, but I actually do like what Headshop 11 is doing here. If HS11 can fix the glaring issues of the non smiling photo and the UV texture, it might in fact surpass Facegen.

Other improvements to think about for the future:

1- You can only use one photo now. It should be possible to use multiple photos, as this will create a more accurate shape. While some people are using photos found online, there are others that can take their own photos and provide all the angles needed to make a better geometry shape. This would be a big improvement.

2- Still better blending. What I don't like is that HS11 only maps a narrow portion of the cheeks. I'd like to see this area expanded.

3- An eye color matching texture system. Instead of trying to capture the eyes, which is near impossible, the app should instead try to use what it can see and copy that onto a base eye texture. For example if someone has gray-green eyes then HS11 takes a generic eye texture and color matches the iris.

edited December 2018

Here is an iray render with the skin from: https://www.daz3d.com/angelica-for-genesis-8-female

gratisography-254H_02pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 282K
    Post edited by Artini on
    edited December 2018

Then I have changed her expression and used different skins:

skin from: https://www.daz3d.com/monique-8

-------------------

skin from: https://www.daz3d.com/cc-joliette-for-charlotte-8

gratisography-254H_05pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 332K
    gratisography-254H_04pic01.jpg
    1280 x 1080 - 332K
    Post edited by Artini on

Great review, outrider42.

• Well, I went ahead and bought this. It has made strides, and in some situations it has real perks over Facegen, but it also has maddening issues at the same time.

Pros:

1- Very fast software. The autodots populate instantly, and the export back to Daz is quick. The autodots also go where they need to 99% of the time, which I find pretty impressive. You rarely need to adjust them.

2- It really is capable of using photos with smiles in them. Facegen cannot handle this task at all. So if you want to be able to create faces with the most possible photos, HS wins this feature easily.

3- Morphs made do not warp eyes in horrible ways like Facegen, and the head is not as fat. In FG the eyes shift upwards and the iris can warp.

4- The texture that Headshop creates is VASTLY improved over previous versions. Not only is the texture 4096 by 4096, it is a high quality bmp file. This file can be over 40MB in size. In a direct compare with the same photo used in Facegen, I could see more fine detail in the texture HS created. The better the source picture, the better the detail can be. This is really dramatic. I can always edit a texture and correct problems. But it is very hard to add fine detail. You either have it or you don't.

5- The developer actually visits the forums. The developers of Facegen have not once posted on the Daz forums. Facegen for the most part has remained largely unchanged since its beginnings many years ago. I feel like they really need to update the software at the core level.

Cons:

1- While HS does not warp the eyes like FG can, it currently has a bad issue with photos that do not use smiles. When dialing the morph in, the head moves down the neck, and this creates a very bad crease in the area the head shape meets the neck. Not only that, but this also effects the TEETH. The teeth do a very strange thing, they shrink and make the character look like they never have been to a dentist in their life. Hillbilly teeth, if you will. It is very bad. This issue is not present with the source photo is smiling. This makes no sense, and it is a glaring issue. And yet another issue with all of this "non smiling photo" is that hair does not quite fit this morph. When dialing the morph in, basically the hair does not react to the morph at all. These are all things that need to be corrected ASAP.

2- While the textures have improved a lot, they still don't blend in that well with the texture HS applies it to. I have also noticed a bad line around the face UV. After digging, I found that the texture that HS creates is trimmed about 1 or 2 mm too small around the face UV. So you get this nasty line where the face UV meets the torso UV. At least this issue is easy to fix, simply pop the texture in your favorite editor, add the original face texture as a layer, and copy/paste/clone the missing area of the UV to the texture HS creates. Also the smiling face textures leave a bit to be desired. Again, this can be fixed in editing. But this is something that should have been caught in testing.

3- Headshop still only creates one texture for the face. Though this is somewhat blended in with the texture you apply it to. It makes no attempt at creating eye textures for G3 or G8. Actually it seems like HS11 is more geared towards Genesis 2 in general. My G2 results were better than my G3 ones, except for the males. G8M faired better than the other males.

Both of these cons should have been caught in testing. I literally caught them the very first time I used Headshop 11, so this is a bit baffling.

Conclusion:

It is very tough to call. I actually would recommend using both of these as they can compliment each other's weaknesses well. In fact, I have tried using both HS11 and FG head morphs dialed in a different values on the same character, and I very much liked this result. 

If you want to play Highlander and scream that "THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE" well that is a tough call. I might give an edge to the incumbent Facegen, but I actually do like what Headshop 11 is doing here. If HS11 can fix the glaring issues of the non smiling photo and the UV texture, it might in fact surpass Facegen.

1- You can only use one photo now. It should be possible to use multiple photos, as this will create a more accurate shape. While some people are using photos found online, there are others that can take their own photos and provide all the angles needed to make a better geometry shape. This would be a big improvement.

2- Still better blending. What I don't like is that HS11 only maps a narrow portion of the cheeks. I'd like to see this area expanded.

3- An eye color matching texture system. Instead of trying to capture the eyes, which is near impossible, the app should instead try to use what it can see and copy that onto a base eye texture. For example if someone has gray-green eyes then HS11 takes a generic eye texture and color matches the iris.

Very thoughtful review. Here's what we can say:

1. The neck issue that affects non-smile photos is being looked at. It is a bug we will fix and post a free update.

2. Blending. Maybe the same time we add improvement to blending, Problem is that if you capture wider area, you pick up a lot of artifacts.

3. Great idea. Maybe HS12?

All in all, very helpful, Outrider! We need positive suggestions like yours. AS you noted, we are working very hard to improve our products.

I have noticed an oddity when using the feature to dial out a smile and the smoothness. When I hit the dial the headshape snaps and warps in a strange way. The head will will sort of sandwich a bit. If I export, this shape is apparent in the exported shape in Daz. I tried several times and it did this each time. It doesn't matter what I set the smile to, it is the act of engaging the dial on the smile that causes it.
  • info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 2018
    I have noticed an oddity when using the feature to dial out a smile and the smoothness. When I hit the dial the headshape snaps and warps in a strange way. The head will will sort of sandwich a bit. If I export, this shape is apparent in the exported shape in Daz. I tried several times and it did this each time. It doesn't matter what I set the smile to, it is the act of engaging the dial on the smile that causes it.

Yes, this dial is dependent on the type of photo you start with. A better way to make the model "unsmile" is to do this in DAZ Studio under Parameters/Posing. Here you can dial spinn without getting weird artifacts.

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
  • Artini said:

-------------------

Good job with expression changing. I assume youn did this in Studio in Parameters/Posing

Yes, this dial is dependent on the type of photo you start with. A better way to make the model "unsmile" is to do this in DAZ Studio under Parameters/Posing. Here you can dial spinn without getting weird artifacts.

It alters the head shape even if I pull the dial back to leave the smile in place. When I get home I can get some screen shots.
  • I have noticed an oddity when using the feature to dial out a smile and the smoothness. When I hit the dial the headshape snaps and warps in a strange way. The head will will sort of sandwich a bit. If I export, this shape is apparent in the exported shape in Daz. I tried several times and it did this each time. It doesn't matter what I set the smile to, it is the act of engaging the dial on the smile that causes it.

It alters the head shape even if I pull the dial back to leave the smile in place. When I get home I can get some screen shots.

I would like to take the support issue offline. Can you write me to [email protected]?

Well, I went ahead and bought this. It has made strides, and in some situations it has real perks over Facegen, but it also has maddening issues at the same time.

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion:

Great review. Do you think after the head/neck shift bug is fixed one could take multiple pictures using a camera & as input to different iterations of Headshop 11 create a series of morph expressions?

So take frown, laugh, angry, afraid, smiles and so of of different sorts and combine them into a base character of different expressions.

It's be nice if that if it was somehow possible to calculate how to move the face rig such that the face geometry would very closely match the Headshop expression geometry after a morph was created from a photo. @info_b3470fa520 can you do such a complicate algorithm to match the facerig pose to create the same geometry as an expression? You'd need to have a neutral face geometry for the same person already to move the face rig on imported I think or no can you not do that?

• dtsui said:

OK, I bought it, and now I'm getting back an error message after I load the picture: "DAZ model not found."  I followed the directions for non-C drive installation, but I feel I should point out that my runtime (and with it all of my models) are on their own separate partition.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Just had a skype support call with ableundercity. In a record 3 minutes we solved the problem of "DAZ model not found". The DAZ Studio Prefernces dialog was set to non-deafult condition. Resetting to Deafult solved the problem (see also in HeadShop 11 manual Chapter 4 -Troubleshooting).

Preferences.jpg
    576 x 641 - 142K

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion:

Great review. Do you think after the head/neck shift bug is fixed one could take multiple pictures using a camera & as input to different iterations of Headshop 11 create a series of morph expressions?

So take frown, laugh, angry, afraid, smiles and so of of different sorts and combine them into a base character of different expressions.

It's be nice if that if it was somehow possible to calculate how to move the face rig such that the face geometry would very closely match the Headshop expression geometry after a morph was created from a photo. @info_b3470fa520 can you do such a complicate algorithm to match the facerig pose to create the same geometry as an expression? You'd need to have a neutral face geometry for the same person already to move the face rig on imported I think or no can you not do that?

I have wondered this myself. I actually think this is possible with controlled photos in the same setting, however I don't have a way to test yet (need a willing guinea pig!) Not all expressions work, you are mostly talking about smiles here, frowns do not work. At least the one pouty face I tried was lacking. I'll take a look if I find pics. I have not done enough of these yet to tell if the smile being created is somewhat generic or truly based on the photo. From what I have seen the smiles appear unique. The smile is fully part of the morph at default in Daz, this includes the face shape, too, so you would not be able to use these smiles on other models without altering the face. There is a product in the store that can separate morphs made by Riversoft if I recall correctly. Using that on this might have some very interesting results.

But this is pretty neat feature, and that would be one heck of a bullet point to have, "Create your own custom expression morphs". 

Which BTW, if anyone has a photo they can share, I am willing to test it. I don't mind at all. The software is quick enough to make them pretty fast.

edited December 2018

I'm making this separate as there is a lot here. Some images of things created with both Headshop 11 and Facegen.

First is an Asian woman with freckles in Headshop. This is G3F.

The texture is pretty decent, its quite clear. The shape however is less so.

This is the same woman with Facegen.

Nevermind the skin color as I only swapped the face texture and dialed in her shape. You can see that Facegen can capture more of the cheek area, however the overall quality is more blurry and soft.

Then I combined the two head shapes and used the HS texture.

I can manage the camera flash with some texture editing, Overall this is a good result, and it shows how photo quality matters. This was a decent size photo.

Here is a lower quality photo source, an old photo of Dio. This time I have both HS and FG results for G8M.

This time the desired result is sort of the middle. FG Dio is on the right, he does not look bad, but he comes across as very young. The HS Dio on the left has some features pretty on point, the slight crook in his nose and chin, however the overall shape is too square. The textures are pretty similar. Another note is how the FG Dio has funny eyes. They sit too high on the face, and somehow are small.

For this image I cleaned up the texture and combined the 2 head morphs again on the left side.

He still looks young, but maybe closer.

These results are comparible because the photos don't smile. I obviously cannot compare photos that have smiles, Facegen cannot do those at all.

I had more, but somehow I seem to have lost them. I have no idea how.

Post edited by Chohole on

Pros:

Cons:

Conclusion:

I have wondered this myself. I actually think this is possible with controlled photos in the same setting, however I don't have a way to test yet (need a willing guinea pig!) Not all expressions work, you are mostly talking about smiles here, frowns do not work. At least the one pouty face I tried was lacking. I'll take a look if I find pics. I have not done enough of these yet to tell if the smile being created is somewhat generic or truly based on the photo. From what I have seen the smiles appear unique. The smile is fully part of the morph at default in Daz, this includes the face shape, too, so you would not be able to use these smiles on other models without altering the face. There is a product in the store that can separate morphs made by Riversoft if I recall correctly. Using that on this might have some very interesting results.

But this is pretty neat feature, and that would be one heck of a bullet point to have, "Create your own custom expression morphs". 

Which BTW, if anyone has a photo they can share, I am willing to test it. I don't mind at all. The software is quick enough to make them pretty fast.

thanks

edited December 2018

I'm making this separate as there is a lot here. Some images of things created with both Headshop 11 and Facegen.

Nevermind the skin color as I only swapped the face texture and dialed in her shape. You can see that Facegen can capture more of the cheek area, however the overall quality is more blurry and soft.

I can manage the camera flash with some texture editing, Overall this is a good result, and it shows how photo quality matters. This was a decent size photo.

Here is a lower quality photo source, an old photo of Dio. This time I have both HS and FG results for G8M.

This time the desired result is sort of the middle. FG Dio is on the right, he does not look bad, but he comes across as very young. The HS Dio on the left has some features pretty on point, the slight crook in his nose and chin, however the overall shape is too square. The textures are pretty similar. Another note is how the FG Dio has funny eyes. They sit too high on the face, and somehow are small.

For this image I cleaned up the texture and combined the 2 head morphs again on the left side.

These results are comparible because the photos don't smile. I obviously cannot compare photos that have smiles, Facegen cannot do those at all.

Outrigger, these are stunning. Please don't loose your renders - they are very educational!

Actually, since you asked for - can you do a render of this picture? I am not very good at this, so I am curious what can be done by someone more expert....

friday6.jpg
    1148 x 1115 - 719K
    edited December 2018

One thing I noticed about an earlier HS morph created by another forum member was that the face was too thin. Generally speaking FaceGen also seems to err on creating faces (and noses and so on) that seem too thin to how we perceive them in real life. It depends on the picture and even using multiple eual quality pictures from almost the same angle doesn't result in the same face geometry morph being created for the same person. That's a big clue that the likenesses are just middling approximations in the case of both FaceGen and HeadShop. Both have a ways to reach consitent quality. The kind of quality that could be used in facial recogniztion systems for example.

By thin I don't mean fat vs skinny but narrow.vs wide. It could by that the light model / material model using iRay doesn't have the right translucency giving us the illusion of hard well-defined surface while proper skin & body translucency would make the surfaces seem softer and not so hard and well-defined. 

edited December 2018

One thing I noticed about an earlier HS morph created by another forum member was that the face was too thin. Generally speaking FaceGen also seems to err on creating faces (and noses and so on) that seem too thin to how we perceive them in real life. It depends on the picture and even using multiple eual quality pictures from almost the same angle doesn't result in the same face geometry morph being created for the same person. That's a big clue that the likenesses are just middling approximations in the case of both FaceGen and HeadShop. Both have a ways to reach consitent quality. The kind of quality that could be used in facial recogniztion systems for example.

By thin I don't mean fat vs skinny but narrow.vs wide. It could by that the light model / material model using iRay doesn't have the right translucency giving us the illusion of hard well-defined surface while proper skin & body translucency would make the surfaces seem softer and not so hard and well-defined. 

The skinnines is caused by the different focal lenghts of each photo. Fisheye lens photo will look different from telephoto lens. Since neither programs take the focal lenght of the picture in account, the out put is adjusted to a mean standard lens.

As for Outrigger's comment about face shape: the good news is that you can adjust face shape in HeadShop; either by moving the Smoothen slider to the right or by manually using the Autodots (recommended only for experts).

Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on
    Artini said:

-------------------

Good job with expression changing. I assume youn did this in Studio in Parameters/Posing

I have made some smile adjustments in HeadShop 11 first and then I have used the different morphs/parameter changes in Daz Studio.

Great examples, outrider42. Please keep them coming.

The skinnines is caused by the different focal lenghts of each photo. Fisheye lens photo will look different from telephoto lens. Since neither programs take the focal lenght of the picture in account, the out put is adjusted to a mean standard lens.

As for Outrigger's comment about face shape: the good news is that you can adjust face shape in HeadShop; either by moving the Smoothen slider to the right or by manually using the Autodots (recommended only for experts).

Ah, interesting. So if a photo included the focal length & such and HS adjusted for it the face looking to narrow would stop?

edited December 2018

The HS11 "promo girl" out of the box.

The teeth show up in the texture, but otherwise the shape does well, the lips are not distorted.

I wanted to include this as it shows the texture seem HS leaves. This is because HS11 does not quite fill out the full face UV texture. If you compare the textures made by HS11 to any Genesis 3 (or whichever you are using) you will see the difference.

Thankfully this is an easy fix if you are handy with image editing, which you should be in order to get the most out of either Headshop or Facegen. I also cleaned up the rest of the texture, the lips and the bit of hair that was in her face (that was on the other side you cannot see here.)

I applied my own Iray settings and a hair. I found an issue, the hair does not account for the head shape at all. There is a big gap betwen the hair and the head. See the shadow?

So went back and parented the hair to the head instead of applying it to the head. It is a Genesis 3 hair and this is Genesis 3, so this is not an autofit issue. I tried adjusting rigging to shape but that made no difference. So here she is with hair parented and moved down, with smoothing added to the hair so it follows her shape that way.

I am sure you asking about turning off that smile. I decided to take a different route. While HS11 has a feature to turn off the smile, I did not like the result at all. Instead I just used the basic open smile expression and dialed it into the negative. This works much better.

So there you have it, the photo that Headshop 11 uses for its promo girl. While not perfect, this photo is not at all possile with Facegen and is HS11's best feature. For photos that can work in both apps, it is sort of a draw in ways, and I liked using both shape morphs to flesh out the model.

edited December 2018

The HS11 "promo girl" out of the box.

The teeth show up in the texture, but otherwise the shape does well, the lips are not distorted.

I wanted to include this as it shows the texture seem HS leaves. This is because HS11 does not quite fill out the full face UV texture. If you compare the textures made by HS11 to any Genesis 3 (or whichever you are using) you will see the difference.

Thankfully this is an easy fix if you are handy with image editing, which you should be in order to get the most out of either Headshop or Facegen. I also cleaned up the rest of the texture, the lips and the bit of hair that was in her face (that was on the other side you cannot see here.)

I applied my own Iray settings and a hair. I found an issue, the hair does not account for the head shape at all. There is a big gap betwen the hair and the head. See the shadow?

So went back and parented the hair to the head instead of applying it to the head. It is a Genesis 3 hair and this is Genesis 3, so this is not an autofit issue. I tried adjusting rigging to shape but that made no difference. So here she is with hair parented and moved down, with smoothing added to the hair so it follows her shape that way.

I am sure you asking about turning off that smile. I decided to take a different route. While HS11 has a feature to turn off the smile, I did not like the result at all. Instead I just used the basic open smile expression and dialed it into the negative. This works much better.

So there you have it, the photo that Headshop 11 uses for its promo girl. While not perfect, this photo is not at all possile with Facegen and is HS11's best feature. For photos that can work in both apps, it is sort of a draw in ways, and I liked using both shape morphs to flesh out the model.

Great job, Outrider! I knew I should ask you to this:-) BTW: in regard to hair placement, it is a only an approximate process. Fine tuning can take either in HeadShop or in Studio. In HeadShop you can save the position/size changes.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

I haven’t had time to really play with the software, but here are some initial test renders.

Stock photo model used for testing purposes is attached.  He is not smiling, but I didn’t have any resulting issues/problems.

HS out of the box renders, except I didn’t use the eyes as they came out strange (there was too much light in them or something) (even with facegen, I usually just use another character’s eyes as it is difficult for me to generate good eye textures).  Software was easy to use.  There is a strong likeness to the original model even though I made no edits in the program (i.e., I didn’t move the reference dots or try to reshape).  Hair did not fit the character’s head shape well even after scaling up the hair (but I did not try for too long) – still a small bald spot on the top of the head.  Skin color too red (same result in facegen).  Teeth came out weird (I might have done something wrong).

Here, I used photoshop to change the face texture to try to match the original photo color.  I did it very fast/didn’t take much care.  Could have done a much better job, especially around the eyebrows.

Here is HS generated morph with facegen generated textures (also edited to try to match color of original model because the generated texture was way too red).

Here is the original facegen version (includes generated eyes)

This is the facegen version after editing skin color and swapping eyes (used character Vincent's eyes):

And finally, the facegen morph with the headshop texture (edited version):

I can't wait to try Headshop on smiling models.  

hs test stock model 1.jpg
    238 x 300 - 63K
    HS test 1.png
    1527 x 2471 - 5M
    HS test 1 b.png
    1527 x 2471 - 5M
    HS test 1 c.png
    1527 x 2471 - 5M
    HS test 1 d skin color .png
    1527 x 2471 - 5M
    HS test 1 d skin color 2.png
    1527 x 2471 - 5M