Not So Fast! Interactive Game ~~ DONE~~Read The Moves!

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,922
    Novica said:

As I check this page I will edit and post here.  Do not make anymore moves until I finish please.
    This one is fine.
    This one  I am not showing Kismet2012 as having the Everyday Groceries in their possession. Unless I missed something- does anyone see a post I missed?  Again, you can only use what is in someone's possession, on the Yes I Own It page. Edit- although the paragraph which starts the explanation of the NSF moves explains the possession part, the line item didn't so I added it to include "must be in their possession" as a reminder. Hope that helps. 

a) OK, so that is NSF #4 I was trying and so when the rule says an item must be "owned" that actually means an item must but on the player's items listed as what they "owned" in the comment for "CURRENT STANDINGS:" at this link  and not from any other list, meaning the multiple comments regarding characters, props, or sets?

"owned" is such an ambiguous word. I only read mention of the word in a couple of the NSF rules. Does owned mean an item this is in a player's items at this comment (CURRENT STANDINGS. Or also these comments: Characters A - M, Characters N - Z, Props A -D, Props E - J, Props K - P, Props R - S, Props T - Z, Sets A - E, Sets F -R, Sets S - Z

My problem earlier was I tried this game NSF! move when one of the items I picked was "red" for a third party game participant other than the 2 I chose, even though the items where in the libraries of both participants I chose, and so that item  was "current standings" "active" so that was a mistake as I couldn't used that 3rd party active participant items involing the 2 participants I chose but in this attempt that isn't the case as Kismet2012 has the Everyday Groceries  (Prop- Toilet Paper)  as stated in this comment and Wonderland has the Basketry   (Prop: Birdcage) as "owned" in their Current Standings as shown in this comment.

Are Current Standings and Yes, I Own It considered the same thing so that any of these (Characters A - MCharacters N - Z, Props A -D, Props E - JProps K - PProps R - SProps T - ZSets A - ESets F -RSets S - Z) is not considered Yes I Own It?  Then I understand my mistake.

Novica said:

This one  deals with those groceries again and I don't have Wonderland as having those. While I wait to see if someone can clear that up, I too will look and see if I missed a post that was valid.

b) OK, so that is NSF #5 I was trying and so when you say that the recipient doesn't have those (Everyday Groceries  (Prop- Toilet Paper) take in the place of Basketry  (Prop: Birdcage)

I am totally lost as I was expecting that the item for Wonderland to give up must be from their "CURRENT STANDINGS:" list shown in this comment that she must drop the item I pick (i.e. Basketry  (Prop: Birdcage) and add the item I pick from one of the same type listed that she owns in her DAZ library at home as shown in these comments (Characters A - MCharacters N - Z, Props A -D, Props E - JProps K - PProps R - SProps T - ZSets A - ESets F -RSets S - Z) when they have both Wonderland list as an owner and no other owner listed in red, indicated that owner has a item already in the CURRENT STANDINGS and so not available for use by others, eg she drops a prop from her "CURRENT STANDINGS" and picks up a prop from one of the props comments as for eample Everyday Groceries  (Prop- Toilet Paper) from this comment showing she owns it. 

I already got your Formula 1 Race Car done

Novica said:

c) So what my moves I've tried also have missed announcing is my number of moves. 

So I think I have done 2 (succesful NSF) moves and interacted with 2 players (if I count myself as a player I have interacted with).

Well if Wonderland isn't participating I will drop me earlier attempts to NSF #4 & NSF #5 as they both involved her. I still am very confused as to the Yes I Own It list although I now think it is the same as the Current Standings list.. 

Novica said:

@nonesuch00  I never did find the groceries in Kismet2012's possession and they weren't there at the time you posted. Remember, I worked chronologically, so nothing was out of the order posted. Can you show a post PRIOR TO YOURS that had Kismet ever receiving the groceries? I'm not seeing one, but I could only spend a little time on it. 

OK, well my somewhat long post regarding NSF #4 which I know understand to mean that both chosen players must have the items I choose for both of them on the "CURRENT STANDINGS" list. I thought only the 1st player of the two must have the item on the CURRENT STANDINGS and the other may have the item from the long list of characters, props, and sets.

I'll try again later.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited August 2018

kismet2012 and xmasrose are the only two who haven't gotten Old Hagred yet. Then she starts making the rounds again. She can be moved every four hours today. 

The new rule for round two which will make it fun- the last ten hours (starting at Central time midnight tonight) until 8am every two hours she can be passed along if someone doesn't get her moving. Her graphics will be OPTIONAL beginning at midnight Central time tonight.

FROM 8AM UNTIL 9AM she can be passed along every half an hour if the person doesn't get her moving. I will remind you who has NOT had her. 

From 9am until 10 am, every TEN MINUTES (if the person doesn't do it.)  NO GRAPHICS ARE NEEDED AT THIS POINT. I think you see where I am going with this. All you'll do is post Hagred goes to (name.) It may boil down to how fast someone types/ has a post ready. But you can't send to someone who has had her, and if you do, another person's post counts and yours doesn't. Old Hegred is about to get very busy that last hour I think. 

I'll remind everyone as we go along how often you can get her moving, and who is left to receive her. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited August 2018

It appears @Kismet2012 has been an inviting host to the lovely Hagrad, having mistaken Hagrad for an anthropomorphic jar of pickles! Shhhh, don't tell Hagrad. How embarrasing for her.

cf451e7f2ebed141fc87cb766b565e copy.jpg
    650 x 600 - 394K
    Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Well i'll still be doubtful if I can get the 10 moves in regardless of the extension but I will get laughs just the same from those that did get the 10 moves in, they should be pretty good.

@nonesuch  Go read the timeline and see how 3dcheapskate is doing the moves. It's a simplified version for #8 and #9.  For any move, we discussed awhile back items must be in the players' possession for moves to be made, so that list is the (formerly called) Yes I Own It list showing the two sets, three props, and one character.

When are you online? Now? 

Also, use the timeline to count/ show interactions. Your valid ones are on there. 

@nonesuch Oh, that Old Hagred was funny! 

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited August 2018

Player : Novica

6. "I'll Take That, Thanks." Steal an item from another contestant and decide what they take from the list. The TYPE of item must be the same. (getting the hang of it?)
    You must then send one of your other items (SAME TYPE) to the list as now you have too many.

I'll take Baby Packy because he want's to play with Deaddy Bear! And you Novica you will take the DA Unicorn for DAZ Horse 2  as you love horses so much (I do too but do not have that beautiful unicorn wink)

• for xmasrose character : Baby Packy instead of  Yasuo for Lee 6
    • For Novica character : DA Unicorn for DAZ Horse 2 instead of Baby Packy

FACTS :

#4 RGcincy and Dreamfarmer  #5 nonesuch00  #5 RGcincy #2 RGcincy #5 Kismet2012 #7Dreamfarmer #5Barbult #6Novica

4 moves out of 4     6 people out of 6     8 total moves out of 10

passed along Hagred for Wonderland to 3dcheapskate

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited August 2018
    Novica said:

@nonesuch Oh, that Old Hagred was funny! 

It definitely was.  Had me laughing.  And as gracious a host as I am I certainl won't tell Hagred my error.  Good thing I don't like pickles to eat.

Post edited by Kismet2012 on
    edited August 2018

Poor xmasrose.  I have been picking on you alot.  Hopefully Hagred is enjoyable company for you.

HagredClever.png
    650 x 600 - 702K
    edited August 2018

One thing to mention- and I'll need you to keep checking this too- you have all been really good at not reversing an action, and that's tricky because of the time delay and other things getting posted. But do take a moment to see who gave you a prop you currently have (perhaps jot it down, that is easy- one person for the character, three for props, and two for sets) because you can NOT reverse an action per the rules. Note THE SAME ACTION. These new NSF moves have that action built in, but it's a combo move so would be allowed. Frankly, with so many props we haven't used (and characters, sets) I'm liking that we're bringing in different things instead of doing back and forths. 

Example, someone makes you swap. You can't swap that item back to them, regardless of how long it's been. 

The reason I brought this up- use #8 and #9 to bring in different items, particularly for things that only have two owners. Send those items on the way if you can and bring in an item to the Yes I Own It list where more leeway exists for everyone's moves. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • @Kismet2012 to be fair you didn't have much choice!

I am not as clever as I thought but maybe Hagred will teach me how to be the queen of mischief (hey a girl can dream!!) cheeky

@Kismet2012 to be fair you didn't have much choice!

I am not as clever as I thought but maybe Hagred will teach me how to be the queen of mischief (hey a girl can dream!!) cheeky

If anyone can it would be Hagred. 

Novica said:

@nonesuch  Go read the timeline and see how 3dcheapskate is doing the moves. It's a simplified version for #8 and #9.  For any move, we discussed awhile back items must be in the players' possession for moves to be made, so that list is the (formerly called) Yes I Own It list showing the two sets, three props, and one character.

I finally understand that Yes I Own It & CURRENT STANDINGs are the same. That makes the game much harder! I don't know how you others did those moves so fast!

Old Hagred can be moved every four hours today, which means 11:22am Central time. (I just added that note to the new Old Hagred twists post. It's 4 hours today, until midnight Central time.

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,689
    edited August 2018

Hey y'all,

anybody fancy trying an NSF#3. "We Agree To Swap"  type swap ?

I haven't seen any of those here yet (but I haven't really been paying attention, so I may have missed oneormore)

This is what I believe I currently have (cut-and-pasted from Novica's "Current Standings" post as of the timestamp of this post) and they're all up for grabs:

3dcheapskate  Had Old Hagred
    Set 1:         Set 2:  A Curious Hallway                  Crypta Sepultus
    Props: Steam Bike Pro  (Pile of Luggage)                        Chainsaw **Morphable Meershaum  (Prop-Pipe)
                 Dystopian Console
    Character: She Freak for V4

**as of RGcincy's NSF5 my chainsaw was exchanged for a baccy pipe

*(although I have an outstanding query about which of  "Chainsaw", "Dystopian Console" and "Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack)" I really have in my hand...) resolved

Any offers will be considered, but there is no guarantee that bids will be accepted !

P.S. That font style size thingy isn't very WYSIWYG is it ?

Edit: Oooh, oooh! I hadn't spotted that I now have She Freak for V4 ! Whoopee, I can do a render with Princess Rose's fairy godmother Hilda wielding a chainsaw !

Hilda.jpg
    824 x 824 - 38K
    Post edited by 3dcheapskate on

xmasrose I haven't forgotten your move regarding me, am inserting/doing it now.

Novica said:

I finally understand that Yes I Own It & CURRENT STANDINGs are the same. That makes the game much harder! I don't know how you others did those moves so fast!

Personally I have a goblin sweatshop to do all the work for me !

edited August 2018

Edited for clarification

9. "Fetch Now You Two Swap   Combining two moves, #5 Say Bye and Hi with #4 You And You Swap
    This NSF move is when one out of two other players (NOT YOU)  HAS IN THEIR POSSESSION an item both players own. (Item A) Geisha Prop Collection
    The one who does NOT have an item in their possession owned by both players, you tell what product they are giving up. Architect Office Buddha owned by Novica
    Then you take an item from the main list that BOTH players own for that person. (B) Uban Warrior Sword Prop Large Sword
    Then you tell them to swap the item the first person has (A, which they both own Geisha Prop Collection) and the new item (B Urban Warrior Sword Prop Large Sword) just brought in from the main list. 

If this is wrong or doesn't make sense then please disregard this move and I will try something else.

edited August 2018

Hey y'all,

anybody fancy trying an NSF#3. "We Agree To Swap"  type swap ?

I haven't seen any of those here yet (but I haven't really been paying attention, so I may have missed oneormore)

This is what I believe I currently have (cut-and-pasted from Novica's "Current Standings" post as of the timestamp of this post) and they're all up for grabs:

3dcheapskate  Had Old Hagred
    Set 1:         Set 2:  A Curious Hallway                  Crypta Sepultus
    Props: Steam Bike Pro  (Pile of Luggage)                        *Chainsaw
                 *Dystopian Console
    Character: She Freak for V4

*(although I have an outstanding query about which of  "Chainsaw", "Dystopian Console" and "Ace of Spades Jack  (Backpack)" I really have in my hand...)

Any offers will be considered, but there is no guarantee that bids will be accepted !

P.S. That font style size thingy isn't very WYSIWYG is it ?

I don't think anyone has yet.  I am trying to decide if you have anything I want.  (Not that I will get to keep it long, probably)

Editted to add:  Is there anything I have you want?

edited August 2018

@nonesuch- let me give you a suggestion (Something I am currently doing.)

Pick a person you want to interact with. Write down what they have in their possesion across the top. Now make a chart. Put the people who own THAT possession under it, over to the left. Under each person write what they HAVE IN THEIR POSSESSION.  THIS LIST IS NOT VALID, DOING IT QUICKLY FOR AN EXAMPLE

Novica  Baby Packy (has in her possession)  I'm using me as example. You pick something YOU own.

Let's pretend these people do too:  Nonesuch00     LaPetiteVerita   Kismet2012

so put them under Novica, and going DOWN below each person, write the (go with props) they HAVE IN THEIR POSSESSION

Novica Baby Packy
    nonesuch                                 LaPetiteVerita                       Kismet2012
    Orange                                      Dog                                       Man
    Banana                                     Cat                                         Woman
    Grape                                       Bird                                        Child

Now go to each item and see if any of the other 3 (don't forget Novica)  own the items, and put their initials.

Novica Baby Packy
    nonesuch                                 LaPetiteVerita                       Kismet2012
    Orange   NOV LA                     Dog      NOV  KIS                    Man   NONES  LA
    Banana   KIS                            Cat       NONES                       Woman  NOV NONE LA
    Grape     LA NOV                      Bird                                        Child         KIS

So any one of these people can swap with Novica for that Baby Packy, as long as NOV has one of their items.

Right away, look at all the NOV moves you can do. She has the Orange, the Grape, The Dog!

So you have an Orange. Novica and LaPetiteVerita have it too. You can do a forced swap with YOU right away, if you want the Baby Packy. You wouldn' t be on this list unless YOU HAVE BABY PACKY. (Remember though, this is MY list. But from your viewpoint, you could do a trade too.)  Or you can make Novica and LaPetiteVerita swap. Or you can make Novica ditch a product, go to the list and bring back something YOU want, and using #8 she takes the Orange and you take what she brings back. Easy! 

Remember, ALL these items above are IN THEIR POSSESSION, just see who overlaps with who and go for it!  You can make someone a thief, stealing an item because you know they have it, etc. 

Have fun- you can get 10 done I'm sure of it. Go start making some thieves, swapping with people, use the new NSF moves. We'll help you. 

Post edited by Novica on

@3dcheapskate  I think perhaps that move will come in handy in the last hour of the game :)  Things will continue to switch hands so much today and tonight, you may not want to waste that move. (and agree on the font size wysiwyg. The first time I used it was WOW THAT'S HUGE.

Hey folks- we really need to get dreamfarmer some action. She's been stuck with those items for a long time and some have never changed. I'm going to do something about RGcincy and that golf cart prop, anyone want to coordinate doing dreamfarmer so we don't overlap?  (remember you can only discuss ONE NSF move.) I'm thinking of you @3dcheapskate- but how many moves do you already have? I have 10 left so if you don't want to use one, you can post here what I can do for one of them. Will do it if you tell me a #8 or #9 for dreamfarmer if I like the move. 

or @kismet2012 if you want to discuss a move for her. How many moves do you have left?

I have 8 moves left...want to save 2 but I can try to find something for dreamfarmer to spicin' things up.

Okay, you do one for her, I'll see what you do and go from there. I'm headed to eyeball RGcincy and make his life.. .interesting. @3dcheapscate pls just ignore and give kismet2012 time to do something. People cross posting would be messy. :)

edited August 2018

Players:  dreamfarmer and RGcincy

4. "You and You Swap."   Force two other players to swap items. YOU decide what they swap. Again they must be the same TYPE. (prop for a prop)  Players must own both items and have them in their possession. 

RGcincy really needs a Summer Gazebo to go with the The Alcove.

Dreamfarmer swaps Summer Gazebo for Fantasy Tavern with RGcinciy

Edited to add tally:

My tally is 13 NSF’s ( 2 – 1, 4 – 4, 5 – 2, 6 – 1, 7 – 2, 8 – 1, 9 – 2) and all players ( 3dcheapskate 1, barbult 1, dreamfarmer 2, IceDragonArt 1, jakiblue 1, LaPetiteVerita 2, nonesuch00 2, Novica 3, RGcincy 2, Saphirewild 1, Stormlyght 1, Wonderland 1, xmasrose 3)

edited August 2018
    Novica said:

@3dcheapskate  I think perhaps that move will come in handy in the last hour of the game :)  Things will continue to switch hands so much today and tonight, you may not want to waste that move....

Shhh !

[Conspiratorial whisper]: Yes,I know !  It's a cunning plan on my part to lure people into using their NSF3 move too early... mwa! ha! ha!

P.S. I've only made 10 valid moves, so I have a few left to wreak havoc with... (thinks: that poor little housefly is looking very lonely...)

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on