Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,861
    edited July 2018

Oh wow, did you see the skyscraper with the waterfall?  It's 354 feet! Give it time for the image to populate at the top, there's four of them to scroll through. Amazingly gorgeous. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited July 2018

Amazing images! a waterfall on a skyscraper (I thought we had to save water)

@Novica concerning your internet speed I am green with envy!

Mine is 1 MB/s download speed and 0.3 upload speed. You have to be calm and patient angry with these kind of speed but I have unlimited bandwidth.

They (the government, the state, ...) keep promising high internet speed for every citizen but it has not reached my place yet.

Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited July 2018

Amazing images! a waterfall on a skyscraper (I thought we had to save water)

2/3 of the earth is covered with water with an average depth of 3.6+ kilometers so there's more than enough water, and we already have different effective methods for removing the salt . wink

Where I am we're actually not paying for the water, but we're paying a lot for getting rid of the waste water, about $10 per m2.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I like that this set https://www.daz3d.com/muelsfell-modular-red-rock-canyon includes lower resolution rextures. Lately a lot of sets have been too memory intensive for me.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

We have similar but smaller canyons here but it's heavily forested and very wet, so people think of them as mountians instead as hardly no one lives on the mountain tops.

edited July 2018

I bought Renaissance Plaza recently, it's a huge environment with mountains. How big it is can be seen on one of the promos:

https://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/51713

Nevertheless it uses surprisingly little resources, this scene here with a character with hair and clothing, and two horses, uses only 4.5 GB VRAM and works with 8 GB system RAM. And it renders in a few minutes.

renaissance_plaza_02.jpg
    1780 x 962 - 432K
    Post edited by Taoz on

@taoz   It does give an excellent impression of wide open spaces and large territory. It's going to take awhile for those poor horses to find hay! 

edited July 2018
    Novica said:

@taoz   It does give an excellent impression of wide open spaces and large territory. It's going to take awhile for those poor horses to find hay! 

Yes, when I put the horses on the ground there I was surprised how small they looked. But I discovered that the building is hovering a good piece above the ground, I tried to move it down but that doesn't look so good IMO. I guess the point is to coordinate the building with the background on the dome in order to get the best looking view from inside the building.

renaissance_plaza_02a.jpg
    1420 x 962 - 413K
    renaissance_plaza_02c.jpg
    1780 x 962 - 431K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,825
    edited July 2018

I picked up Modular Cove Landscape Creator this past week. I liked the looks of the promo images, reminding me of the grass covered sand dunes along the South Carolina shore. I set up a scene with two of the ten "sets" (Cliff 1 and Cliff 2) plus a patch of sand that is provided to fill in between them. The sky and far background is Green Hills Skydome and HDRI.   I expected a slow render but this 1600 x 800 render only took 16 minutes.

I added another "set" (Cove 1), rotated it 180 degrees, and moved it so the water plane would cover the flat sand of the first render. With the water it took longer to render (it dropped to CPU rendering and took 40 minutes) but a still acceptable time. The only thing I would do in postwork is soften some of the water-land interface in the front center.

Overall, I'm pleased with what will be possible with this product.

Along the beach.jpg
    1600 x 600 - 1M
    Along the beach high tide.jpg
    1600 x 600 - 1M
    Post edited by RGcincy on

@rgcincy   I picked that up too but haven't rendered it yet. You really showed what could be done with it!  I like the sand and surf options, very versatile.  

I'm not buying things as I have a backlog to feature when I get around to it, but just wanted to say dForce Blooms of Lace looks just precious on kids in the promos, and with the right shaders could look awesome on adults too. If you didn't look at the promos, take a peek at the options. I personally can't imagine using the short bloomers, but the mid-calf option is cute. 

Well, I changed my mind as I really wanted Arch Cove. It looks really good @tangoalpha   I wonder how that would look with the Modular Cove Landscape Creator....  when (and IF)  I get time, it should be interesting. They may not fit together because they're such complete sets.

I've never been to California or Maine beaches with so many rocks and the closest I've seen any other beach being rocky is the Marineland Beach near Flagler Florida? Or is it Flagler Beach with a Marineland saltwater tank for the tourists?

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479

I've never been to California or Maine beaches with so many rocks and the closest I've seen any other beach being rocky is the Marineland Beach near Flagler Florida? Or is it Flagler Beach with a Marineland saltwater tank for the tourists?

I'm only familiar with the West Coast, (USA,) and one of my favorite CA beaches has a rocky arch you can walk through at low tide. Most of the beaches I've been to down there, though, are long stretches of sand. However, the Oregon coast boasts a lot of rocky beaches. Check out this Google image search. And this link is for Washinton state coast images, with quite a few rocky shores, (though I've spent almost no time on Washington beaches, myself.)

Both the Modular Cove Landscape Creator and Arch Cove feel very familiar to me, like something I might find on a day trip to the coast from here, (Eugene.) They both went onto my wishlist the day each was released.
    laugh

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Sorry for the delay replying - I've been laid up the past few days with a cellulitis infection. Arch Cove splits into 6 self-contained cliff pieces, plus the beach and sea props. The arch sections are all fully closed, but the onshore pieces have open ends, as I didn't really forsee them being used separately. The 14 water shaders can be used in any cube primitive (should be approx 300 x 300 metres for scale, and at least 5 metres deep).

I don't have Modular Cove Landscape Creator, but from what I've seen I don't think there should be much trouble kitbashing them together.

Arch Cove is based on Stair Hole, a World Heritage Site on England's southwest coast (same area they film the BBC's Poldark).

@tangoalpha   I can tell a tremendous amount of work went in to Arch Cove. The fact it's based on a real place is just amazing. I simply had to look it up and found this image.   I can see why you wanted to make it. Hope it brings a lot of sales for you, I did pick it up.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,291

I picked up both and am looking forward to working with them

Love the fact that Arch Cove is based on a real place

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Thanks Novica and Robert smiley

edited July 2018
    L'Adair said:

However, the Oregon coast boasts a lot of rocky beaches. Check out this Google image search. And this link is for Washinton state coast images, with quite a few rocky shores, (though I've spent almost no time on Washington beaches, myself.)

I've been to Cannon Beach and its "little" rock. Very picturesque!

Olympic pennisula in Washington has a number of beautiful rocky beaches, some part of Olympic National Park. Also rock arches in places.

• escrandallescrandall Posts: 487

Sorry for the delay replying - I've been laid up the past few days with a cellulitis infection. Arch Cove splits into 6 self-contained cliff pieces, plus the beach and sea props. The arch sections are all fully closed, but the onshore pieces have open ends, as I didn't really forsee them being used separately. The 14 water shaders can be used in any cube primitive (should be approx 300 x 300 metres for scale, and at least 5 metres deep).

I don't have Modular Cove Landscape Creator, but from what I've seen I don't think there should be much trouble kitbashing them together.

Arch Cove is based on Stair Hole, a World Heritage Site on England's southwest coast (same area they film the BBC's Poldark).

This is spectaular!  I picked it up yesterday and did a quick test render.  So much potential.  In a few days maybe I'll have time to actually play with it.  thanks!

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited July 2018

I don't know if anyone picked up the Axarra Headress for G8f by BadKittehco.   Its an amazingly detailed piece of work and if you are into fantasy, well worth a look.  This is with the add on texture pack.  Its very versatile, the horns are removable and can be used alone, lots of customization possible. Also, this is Aguja Mermaid the character by @DarwinsMishaps.  In her more human form

Axarra Headress.jpg
    738 x 960 - 99K
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    L'Adair said:

I'm only familiar with the West Coast, (USA,) and one of my favorite CA beaches has a rocky arch you can walk through at low tide. Most of the beaches I've been to down there, though, are long stretches of sand. However, the Oregon coast boasts a lot of rocky beaches. Check out this Google image search. And this link is for Washinton state coast images, with quite a few rocky shores, (though I've spent almost no time on Washington beaches, myself.)

Both the Modular Cove Landscape Creator and Arch Cove feel very familiar to me, like something I might find on a day trip to the coast from here, (Eugene.) They both went onto my wishlist the day each was released.
    laugh

Can't wait to ever visit the NA west coast. I forgot about visiting Iceland that has a very rocky coast, in places covered with moss a metre deep, there were also places where glaciers calf into the ocean. laughIn fact I still have a few rocks I picked up from the beaches there. They are black and very smooth so I guess they are old volcanic rocks.

Since you were doing PS actions the other day I read in the Commmons thread of a new AI filer. It's free but it has a patreon whih probably gets on bigger resolution renders and there are others too. Just search for Deep Dream AI image and pick.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,252
    edited July 2018

I got the Z Morphing Office Chair recently. It comes with poses for G3M and G3F. Those poses work fine with G8M and G8F in conjunction with the Pose Controls "The World's Greatest G3F to G8F Pose Converter" from Agent Unawares. It is available on his Deviant Art site and is fantastic and easy! The link to his Deviant Art site is in his forum signature.

The first image is G3F in the chair. She has Karen 7 HD face morphs.

The second image is Mabel 8. She is wearing dForce Free Spirit Outfit for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Nyo Hair for Genesis 8 Female(s). When you are tired of working, just roll that chair out onto the beach! The chair has all sorts of adjustments to fit characters of different sizes. I'm very happy with this chair so far.

G3F Z Morphing Chair Boho dForce_005-Edit.jpeg
    1600 x 2000 - 3M
    Mabel 8 Free Spirit Beach Z Office Chair 4.11-Edit.jpeg
    1600 x 2000 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
    edited July 2018

Mini Contest with Daz GC Prizes

Novica gave me permission to run another little contest in her thread here. I recently got back from a group tour of Alaska. The group photo will be attached to another post, along with an image that assigns a number to each person. See if you can guess which person is me. To keep the thread from getting overrun with repeated postings of large images, I am posting them only as attachments. Just click the attachment and click again to see the full size image. Please reply to the image attachment message with your contest entry.

Rules:

1. ONE entry per person. Your first entry is the only one that counts if you mistakenly enter more than once. 
    2. Your entry must contain the number of the person you think is me and a rationale for why you selected that person. If either of those required items is missing, the entry is invalid. The rationale can be as creative as you like.
    3. The contest will end at 11:59 PM Daz time on August 1, 2018, so there isn't much time, but then again, there are only 34 people to choose from LOL.
    4. Don't choose the same number that someone else already chose. Entries with previously selected numbers are invalid. The first person to post with a selected number gets that number. If you cross post the same number at the same time, you are allowed to edit your entry right away to select a different number. 
    5. I will not comment on whether anyone is correct until the contest ends. That allows the maximum entries for the rationale part of the contest.

Prizes

1. One $5 Daz GC to the person who guesses the right number.
    2. One $5 Daz GC to the person who writes the most entertaining/creative/"best" rationale, even if their number guess is wrong, I will be the sole judge of the winner of this category.

If any of this is not clear, please ask. 

edited July 2018

Reply to this message with the number of the person you thinks is me and the rationale for why you think that is me. Contest rules are in the posting above.

IMG_0557 Denali Group Photo.JPG
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    IMG_0557 Denali Group Circle Overlay.jpg
    2592 x 1936 - 2M
    edited July 2018

Who Is Barbult? 

You obviously have to be Person 8.  (first full row, not counting people sitting down) Third from the left.

Rationale:

That is the most artistic shirt of the entire group, the absolute perfect positioning of the rectangles and geometric design could only be worn by an artist.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2018

I'll give it a go. #29. Mostly hidden, mysterious, and I read "barbult" on the name tag.

(By the way, Denali is great isn't it?)

barbult said:

Great image! Work is done, time for an afternoon off on the beach.

RGcincy said:
    barbult said:

Great image! Work is done, time for an afternoon off on the beach.

Thanks. She's going to get some bad tan lines from those lace-up sandals.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    edited July 2018
    barbult said:

Reply to this message with the number of the person you thinks is me and the rationale for why you think that is me. Contest rules are in the posting above.

My guess is #22. In the years since I got started in this hobby, I've found most people I get to know turn out to be much older than I expected. I "expect" you to be in your 40's, so I chose someone that looked 20 or so years older than that.

Edited to add rationale.

Post edited by L'Adair on
This discussion has been closed.