Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 11

Comments

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548
    edited July 2018

I'm going with number #2.  You've always struck me as elegant and well put together.

Post edited by IceDragonArt on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

Reply to this message with the number of the person you thinks is me and the rationale for why you think that is me. Contest rules are in the posting above.

My guess is #22.

Please review the rules. A rationale is required.

I'm going with number #.  You've always struck me as elegant and well put together.

You don't have a number in your entry.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

LOL, well @icedragonart leaves it open to interpretation! 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,565

Number 12 is my guess. I have no preconcieved notion, but 12 has a nice smile.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Who is Barbult 

I think you are #27

Reason: I've always had the impression that Barbult is a mature person, along the ages of myself and Novica. So I ruled out the young whippersnappers in the photo. And I only found out a few months ago that Barbult is female (luckily for this contest), so I ruled out all the males. I've never heard Barbult mention a partner, so i ruled out any females standing close to a male (of course, that doesn't mean Barbult doesn't have a male or female partner, and I didn't notice any females standing close together in a couple way, and perhaps she does but is very private and doesn't mention them here, but this is my rationale so i'm sticking with that). I also have the impression that she is a stern/firm person, not one to be silly and giddy (I may be using the wrong words to describe this...I'm certainly not saying humourless or stiff or mean or anything like that. More...uh, proper, maybe?) and #27's smile doesn't seem as wide as everyone else...more like "I really hate group photos but I shall stand here and be a good sport and pretend I'm deliriously happy to be in this group photo even tho I'm not and find it a bit ridiculous and silly". wink There is one other woman in the photo that I dithered over, which no-one else has mentioned her number yet, but I was more drawn to #27 so I'm sticking with that. Obviously I could be 200% wrong and talking out of my behind, because I know absolutely nothing about Barbult at all, not even what country she lives in or her hair colour or ANYTHING, other than she is female and a damn good artist. That's all I know, so take all this with a grain of salt. LOL. And I mean absolutely no offense with anything I've said, so I hope it's not taken - I've always wondered if you were a teacher... laugh

barbult said:

Reply to this message with the number of the person you thinks is me and the rationale for why you think that is me. Contest rules are in the posting above.

Ooooooh, I like being called a mature person- I also tell people I'm not a senior, just an aging adolescent. Your rationale for your choice sounds good! 

So far we have 8, 12, 22, 27, 29.

I don't know if anyone picked up the Axarra Headress for G8f by BadKittehco.   Its an amazingly detailed piece of work and if you are into fantasy, well worth a look.  This is with the add on texture pack.  Its very versatile, the horns are removable and can be used alone, lots of customization possible. Also, this is Aguja Mermaid the character by @DarwinsMishaps.  In her more human form

I did pick it up but haven't rendered yet, I thought it was exotically beautiful. You really brought out the features- gorgeous!

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

LOL! I went with "older" at first, then I thought "I don't like being called old or older, so i'm sure as heck barbult and novica won't either!" LOL and changed it to mature. I was called "ma'am" by some young kid at Big W (department store) when he was helping me the other day, and I just about DIED. Ma'am???? What am I, old??? And then I went...erm, well, yes, I probably am, to that kid. LOL. I've always had this image of Barbult at her computer, in my head, and it's probably so far from the truth, she'd die if I said it. LOL.  

Novica said:

Ooooooh, I like being called a mature person- I also tell people I'm not a senior, just an aging adolescent. Your rationale for your choice sounds good! 

So far we have 8, 12, 22, 27, 29.

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    barbult said:
    L'Adair said:
    barbult said:

My guess is #22.

Please review the rules. A rationale is required.

Oops. blush Fixed it.

edited July 2018
    RGcincy said:

I'll give it a go. #29. Mostly hidden, mysterious, and I read "barbult" on the name tag.

(By the way, Denali is great isn't it?)

We had a pretty clear view of Denali from our Tundra Wilderness Tour bus.

2018-07-21 P7219805 Denali PS.jpg
    5184 x 3888 - 3M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

I guess number 24 because of her lovely smiley eyes. In my head, barbult is a smiley, happy, creative person smiley. There are lots of smiley eyed people in the photo though and it was hard to pick one.

edited July 2018

SC Gillian (Gen8F)      Classic Updo Hairstyle (Genesis 3, used on Genesis 8)     dForce Maid Outfit (Gen8F) 

This is the Classic Updo Hairstyle for Genesis 3 put on Genesis 8. I didn't tweak it after it applied. This hairstyle is best IMO for professional no-nonsense looks (aka can't have a hair out of place) or for formal events. It seems very hairsprayed / stiff to me, totally controlled. Getting the maid hairpiece situated was easy, I simply unparented then translated (afer I had posed her.)  

SC Gillian has nice eyeliner options, I normally don't apply those and go with default makeups, but I wanted a changeup for the maid outfit. I bought that outfit to test kitbashing. Will show you how that looks.

This also shows you the Mixed Media photoshop plug-in again, I really love playing with that one. When you do reveals, try reducing the opacity of the brush to 25% to softly reveal things, then increase the opacity to 50%-65% as you move toward the face from (for example) the hair. The face reveal would be 100%. 

SC Gillian DforceMaidOutfitClassUpdoHrGen3.png
    700 x 829 - 937K
    SC Gillian DforceMaidMixedMedia.png
    676 x 800 - 747K
    Post edited by Novica on
    Lovely skin!
    edited July 2018

SC Gillian (Gen8F)      dForce Maid Outfit (Gen8F) 

Now get ready to kitbash that maid outfit. I use glitch prices to pick up outfits I normally wouldn't, so I can see if I can mix it with other things to show you versatility between outfits. So next time you think "I don't need a maid outfit" (which is my thoughts exactly) think, "Does that maid outfit separate into top and bottom pieces?"  YES IT DOES. You do not need to create material zones, the vendor did a great job making the top part SEPARATE. And away you go! 

Here's Badkitteh's Classic Biker Gear TWO (Gen8F) with different color to match the top. Gem Jewelry adds a casual touch for the necklace and bracelets.  I changed shoes from the maid's and used dForce 90's Girl Dress shoes. Gillian is now wearing Kinley Hair with dForce (Gen3/8F)  

So next time you see that maid outfit at a reduced price, scoop it up. It's a nice top for other outfits, you can go from casual to a bit of jazz by swapping out the maid. What do you get when you combine the maid top with Audacious bottom?  Maidacious.

Let's look at the top of Audacious Outfit. Now look at it with the maid top, below. A nice change to a more formal date.  Hair: a bit more sophisticated is called for, so switched to Lainey Hair. Swapped the jewelry too, going with elegant Jorja's Jewelry, sold at Rendo.

SC Gillian DforceMaidClassBiker2.png
    500 x 829 - 684K
    SC Gillian DforceMaidClassBiker.png
    350 x 829 - 376K
    SC Gillian DforceMaidAudacious.png
    428 x 826 - 428K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

My guess is  #19 and my rational is because you are helpful so would because of that you'd be helping everyone get into place for a nice picture and almost not get in the picture yourself. Look at how you got #16  the fun lady granny with the powder puff pink and baby blue as the center of attention. I'm also going to guess / going to ask how many times #20 was asked his height, the weather up there, or if he plays basketball. 

At any rate it looks like from that photo the entire group had a lot of fun so it was well worth the trip.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,354
    edited July 2018

21 because she looks like you - Happy, mature, but not too old.

Oh. and the strpes on your shirt fit the first 3 letters of your name.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    barbult said:

It has to be #29, 'cos you've got an arrow pointing at you! cheeky

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,167
    barbult said:

I'm going with #2 - because that's the sort of bright colour I imagine you wearing (if you couldn't find the full blue/yellow bird outfit!) and you'd need to sit down on holiday to make up for the exhaustion of all your forum activities laugh

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,811
    barbult said:

We had a pretty clear view of Denali from our Tundra Wilderness Tour bus.

Good for you! I've been there twice: saw the lower half the first time (clouds were clinging to the upper half although most of the range was visible) and the second time I saw 0% (rain, rain, rain!). Planning to go back as my wife was with me the second time and didn't see much.

Fixed it.  Sorry, sometimes my wireless keyboard decides its going to miss a stroke.

And thank you Novica, I have to say that headress is one of my favorite things ever so far.

That's a stunning photo Barbult, it looks really amazing.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,655

I'd guess #9, because she looks cool and has those awesome blue shades. 

Remember, don't pick a number that someone else has already chosen. You can't win that way.

@SimonJM, RGcincy already has 29.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947
    barbult said:

Remember, don't pick a number that someone else has already chosen. You can't win that way.

Is 29 1/2 ok> cheeky

edited July 2018
    SimonJM said:
    barbult said:

Is 29 1/2 ok> cheeky

Errrrnnnhhh no

Post edited by barbult on

@icedragonart    Melanie beat you to it. She posted at 6:02am and you fixed yours (which didn't have a number) at 8:58am. So in fairness, Melanie posted #2 first. Care to pick another? 

The numbers already chosen are:
    2   MelanieL
    8   Novica
    9   zombietaggerung
    12 Serene Night
    19 nonesuch00
    21 Charlie Judge
    22 L'Adair
    24 Mollytabby
    27 jakiblue
    29  RGcincy

• ChangelingChickChangelingChick Posts: 3,045

#1 because she's about the age I picture you at.

I will go with 23 - only because I have to pick another - she looks smart and has a great smile

@Novica, thanks for keeping the tally of who picked what number. That is very helpful!
This discussion has been closed.