Sakura 8

Comments

• seeker273seeker273 Posts: 449

He looks really good! He really transfers well!

• edited July 2018

Well get a cute younger sister look with Yoko.  Just a quick addon to show what I mean . 

Imouto.png
    566 x 800 - 321K
    SistersFinal.png
    566 x 800 - 926K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited July 2018

Told myself to stop buying and use what you have!  cheeky  I found an outfit I don't recall using, and a HDRI Haven background I've never used and just went with it!  Next I'll try to make 3 similar but different characters...group shot.  My own personal challenge wink  All these cat  fox girls make me feel like I need a little variety!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890

Super! I can't get HRDIs to work for me so well.

I needed a neck kerchief for a Sakura render I want to do so I bought the boy scout outfit but the kercheif was not a seperate items from the entire boy scout outfit! frown

• edited July 2018

Laughs  They are actually foxes points to tails.... playing with wings now as well. 

And yes now have a male put together that I am happy with for anime/manga renders. 

Nonesuch00  which scout outfit did you buy.  One of them does have a separate scarf.  

Test run 2.png
    565 x 800 - 643K
  • scorpio said:

She doesn't mix particullarly well with other morphs mainly due to the eyes.

I can't seem to find a way to add the eyebrows lashes and eyes seperately only by loading the full preset. When I loaded a Sakura Preset in and unfitted and unparented the eybrows and then fitted them to a G8F base  they don't follow the morphs.

LashLower A Length - doesn't appear to do anything (however far I push the dials)

The extra morphs that she comes with though are rather useful which is why I'm keeping her, if it wasn't for these she would be very limited.

The Eye Scales morph changes the size of the Irises and the Iris Scales Morph increases the size of the pupils.

I have mixed her here but had to scale the eyes (not Sakura's to fit the sockets) the texture and eye texture is from the Toon generations. There was a lot of fiddling to get things to work, the eyebrows are only parented.

Love the pick.   What is the outfit and where can I find it?

Laughs  They are actually foxes points to tails.... playing with wings now as well. 

And yes now have a male put together that I am happy with for anime/manga renders. 

Nonesuch00  which scout outfit did you buy.  One of them does have a separate scarf.  

https://www.daz3d.com/classic-boy-scout-for-genesis-8-males

I bought this.

but as it is all one piece & I want to do Speed Racer scene so it doesn't work.

So, since I only want to generally be similar enough I am using this product's kerchief instead:

https://www.daz3d.com/cowboy-outfit-for-genesis-3-male-s

I also considered the chef uniform

https://www.daz3d.com/chef-uniforms-for-genesis-2-male-s

Over at Rendo there was both a Civil War uniform and a Boy Scout uniform I had wishlisted but the have been removed from Renderosity Store for whatever reason.

• tcassattcassat Posts: 63

I've been looking for solutions to the facial expressions for the Sakura8 models but I have not found anything very significant. Does anyone know of any way to make facial expressions work better on these models?

One problem is that the expressions tend to move all the muscles of the face in a realistic way, and the result does not look good on stylized models (by the way, I'd say it's a bit creepy). I believe that in the case of the Sakura 8 models, it would be more appropriate if only the shape of the eyes and mouth could be modified without there being a significant change in the rest of the face.

I found some packages of expressions in the store (for example, one called "anime expressions"), but they have these same problems of modifying the whole facial structure, making the models look a bit ugly and scary.

If anyone has information on this and ways to solve the problem, I would appreciate it.

Bye.

• Laughs  They are actually foxes points to tails.... playing with wings now as well.  

I bought this.

So, since I only want to generally be similar enough I am using this product's kerchief instead:

Over at Rendo there was both a Civil War uniform and a Boy Scout uniform I had wishlisted but the have been removed from Renderosity Store for whatever reason.

The one from Rendo is the one I had for  Genesis.  Now did you go look in the surface tabs and see if the kerchief maybe a separate material zone on the Genesis 8 scout uniform?  You could possible turm of the opacity to rest of outfit and just leave the kerchief showing. Cumbersome I know but it might work. 

I bought this.

The one from Rendo is the one I had for  Genesis.  Now did you go look in the surface tabs and see if the kerchief maybe a separate material zone on the Genesis 8 scout uniform?  You could possible turm of the opacity to rest of outfit and just leave the kerchief showing. Cumbersome I know but it might work. 

Thanks, but it make more sense for me to use the cowboy's bandana than do that. I kept the scout uniform though as it was a good modeling job & I got it less than $5.

• tcassat said:

I've been looking for solutions to the facial expressions for the Sakura8 models but I have not found anything very significant. Does anyone know of any way to make facial expressions work better on these models?

One problem is that the expressions tend to move all the muscles of the face in a realistic way, and the result does not look good on stylized models (by the way, I'd say it's a bit creepy). I believe that in the case of the Sakura 8 models, it would be more appropriate if only the shape of the eyes and mouth could be modified without there being a significant change in the rest of the face.

I found some packages of expressions in the store (for example, one called "anime expressions"), but they have these same problems of modifying the whole facial structure, making the models look a bit ugly and scary.

If anyone has information on this and ways to solve the problem, I would appreciate it.

Bye.

One solution would be the Japanese Anime Poses for Sakura 8, an addon by RareStone themselves.

https://www.daz3d.com/japanese-anime-poses-for-sakura-8-and-genesis-8-female-s

It doesn't just include full body poses, it also includes some special facial morphs created specifically for Sakura 8.

• Laughs  They are actually foxes points to tails.... playing with wings now as well.  

I bought this.

Thanks, but it make more sense for me to use the cowboy's bandana than do that. I kept the scout uniform though as it was a good modeling job & I got it less than $5.

That is understandable.  I tend to do a great deal of kitbashing to get what I need for my renders since alot of what I prefer was made for the older generation figures and for the most part no longer available.  -chuckles- Just wish I could get better at the modeling side so I could just do it myself. 

tcassat said:

Bye.

I agree, instead I just started doing my own expressions for her, and saving them as pose presets...like these two (link) or the smile here (link).  I just focused on the mouth and eyes for the most part.  I did pickup the poses mentioned for the anime eyes smile, which is helpful.  I did one myself, but it is more convenient to dial that one in.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited July 2018

Here's an example of one of the facial expressions included with RareStone's Japanese Anime Poses (also using 3dOutlaw's eyes). Rendered in Iray using lights from FWSA Adaline.

All postwork was done using Krita, which is a free program i've recently started using. It's really good! A fantastic free alternative to Photoshop.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/618501/

Also, I just remembered that I also used one of RareStone's expressions in this render I did a short while back.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/513331/

You can click either one to go to the gallery page.

EDIT: Ok, why does my first image keep being edited? I've already made it smaller twice and a short while later it keeps being edited to have the "this image has been reduced" message underneath it despite being the same size as before, and it messes up the link to the gallery page. Strangely enough the second picture doesn't seem to be affected, despite actually being bigger.

EDIT 2: Oh for goodness sake, I have no idea why the forum keeps insisting that the image has been reduced automatically despite me doing it manually, so i'm just going to throw up the link underneath it. So much for keeping things looking nice.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • tcassattcassat Posts: 63

Thanks guys.

TheNathanParable, did you use any specific shader to render that cel shading image? It's awesome.

• I recognize the set but not which one lol
  • tcassat said:

Thanks guys.

TheNathanParable, did you use any specific shader to render that cel shading image? It's awesome.

It's a WIP shader i've been working on for a while now, though progress has slowed. The outlines were generated using LineRender9000.

If you wanted to recreate this specific look though, you could use either Visual Style or pwToon and then combine them with LineRender9000.

• Ahh didn't know you were combining LR9000 with Visual Style.  I use LR9000 for any 3DL work I do. Definitely looks good. 

Here's an example of one of the facial expressions included with RareStone's Japanese Anime Poses (also using 3dOutlaw's eyes). Rendered in Iray using lights from FWSA Adaline.

All postwork was done using Krita, which is a free program i've recently started using. It's really good! A fantastic free alternative to Photoshop.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/618501/

Also, I just remembered that I also used one of RareStone's expressions in this render I did a short while back.

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/images/513331/

You can click either one to go to the gallery page.

EDIT: Ok, why does my first image keep being edited? I've already made it smaller twice and a short while later it keeps being edited to have the "this image has been reduced" message underneath it despite being the same size as before, and it messes up the link to the gallery page. Strangely enough the second picture doesn't seem to be affected, despite actually being bigger.

EDIT 2: Oh for goodness sake, I have no idea why the forum keeps insisting that the image has been reduced automatically despite me doing it manually, so i'm just going to throw up the link underneath it. So much for keeping things looking nice.

They both look good but you digital cel style looks great.

• TheNathanParableTheNathanParable Posts: 984
    edited August 2018

Ok, i'm kinda cheating here, as this isn't actually Sakura 8, but Sakura 8 was very important in getting this look.

Gallery link: https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/621961/

This is Girl 8 using the Kaiko morph from Rarestone's new Girl 8 face morph pack. I wanted to see what she'd look like using Sakura 8's eyelashes and textures, and as you can see she pulls off the anime look incredibly well! The only problem is that Sakura 8's eyelashes go incredibly short when using other character morphs, so I had to push the eyelash length morphs above 100%.

The body pose and mouth shape are from Rarestone's Japanese Anime poses for Sakura 8 again. Turns out the facial expression morphs in that pack work really well with this version of Girl 8. Then of course we have 3DOutlaw's simple eyes to finish the look.

Post edited by TheNathanParable on
  • She looks good. Nice to see someone else blending her with other characters.
    edited August 2018

Girl 8 definintely has the shape for an anime girl wink  Turned out well!

I needed a new desktop background.  Figured a Ninja would do  cheeky

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Looks good my friend. Nice use of Keiko 's outfit.  Wish they had done an 8 for her as well.  

Argh Need to figure out why autofit is having issues with transfering over G3F stuff over. May have to reverse the flow and redo about 4 weeks worth of renders  grrrr. 

Looks good my friend. Nice use of Keiko 's outfit.  Wish they had done an 8 for her as well.  

You and me both, I liked the Keiko character!

• edited August 2018
    3dOutlaw said:

Looks good my friend. Nice use of Keiko 's outfit.  Wish they had done an 8 for her as well.  

You and me both, I liked the Keiko character!

You know just mentioning that   just gave me an idea.  I wonder if I can make it work.   Edit up soon if it works 

Hmm G8 with Keiko 6 morphs on right. Not to bad of a transfer I guess. 

G8K6.png
    424 x 600 - 228K
  • edited August 2018

Fighting boredom and got in mood to do some western fantasy. Sad part is I actually like the SAO look but can't stand the anime lol. I liked the creator's earlier work better Accel World.  

Kitbash with Greenborough and Chosen outfits as base.  I think they blended well together.  

Kasumi Archer. Fantasy.png
    566 x 800 - 591K

That render looks nice!

• 3dOutlaw said:

That render looks nice!

Thank you.  I am cringing that I just finished up a Neko one as well lol. Sorry but catgirls have become a serious cliche lol.    Finished up Kasumi's sister as well.  Honestly I am debating make her a prop bow  I can do at least that much.  

• edited August 2018

No ears or tails this time.. 

Seo layer two.png
    600 x 800 - 970K
  • KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    3dOutlaw said:

Girl 8 definintely has the shape for an anime girl wink  Turned out well!

I needed a new desktop background.  Figured a Ninja would do  cheeky

I love how that turned out!

No ears or tails this time.. 

I like this one! Nice work. :)