JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

14445464850

Comments

  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 12,135
    edited December 1969

    cosmo71 said:
    well I have a cool underwater render at my thread Jack, if you want, have a look :) (latest udate)

    Will go have a looksee :D

  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,645
    edited December 1969

    Thanks Gedd and Jack for the comments.
    Especially comments on the expressions and the tone, both of which took some doing in this one. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    Cosmo, you are getting very nice results with the water. very lovely.

    Szark - I loved that image when I saw it on dA the other day, and i just was admiring it again!

    Carola O - that demon's eyes are really quite terrifying.


    Here's one I did recently with several of Jack's pieces playing nicely with those of others. (It's hard to notice but the seat from passenger car is in there too).

    Awesome work...love the feel, atmospehere, colours and more importantly the story.
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    cosmo71 said:
    next image with the fantasy castle ground water texture :) hope you like it
    very cool cosmo is this the end of Dixie.

    Just needs a wake from the shark and it will be perfect. ;- )

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    Carola O said:

    Born by fire in the deepest depth of Hell, crossed over the gate into our world. With a cruel streak and a wicked sense of humor he has been released... and he's here to play. They call him

    Inferno, the Fire Demon.

    A glint of malicious humor in fiery eyes, his smile cold, his hand reaching towards you. Deep and silky, low and inviting, his voice a bare whisper in the wind "Come to me."

    ****

    For once I didn't put a animal in your buildings Jack.. though, I'm not sure a demon is that much better *winks* Using Atrophy this time, it seemed fitting with the theme *smiles*

    Hey what a cool pic.. love the wings. ;- )
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...an idea I never got around to for the June PC challenge.


    Hope you don't mind I turned your Nouveau Vignette into a geisha house.


    Looks cool, I like the kit-bashed doors and window :)
    Me too. Very well done. ~smile~
  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,764
    edited December 1969

    Szark said:
    Carola O said:

    Born by fire in the deepest depth of Hell, crossed over the gate into our world. With a cruel streak and a wicked sense of humor he has been released... and he's here to play. They call him

    Inferno, the Fire Demon.

    A glint of malicious humor in fiery eyes, his smile cold, his hand reaching towards you. Deep and silky, low and inviting, his voice a bare whisper in the wind "Come to me."

    ****

    For once I didn't put a animal in your buildings Jack.. though, I'm not sure a demon is that much better *winks* Using Atrophy this time, it seemed fitting with the theme *smiles*

    Hey what a cool pic.. love the wings. ;- )

    *giggles* Thanks Szark *winks* But you should take some credit for those you know *smiles*

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    No I only showed you how, but you did it yourself so no credit needed.

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 37,868
    edited July 2013

    Kyoto Kid said:
    ...an idea I never got around to for the June PC challenge.


    Hope you don't mind I turned your Nouveau Vignette into a geisha house.

    Looks cool, I like the kit-bashed doors and window :)
    ...thank you. I found the architectural style perfect for the more exotic setting.

    I simply used the Folding Screens prop at different scales to replace the door, window, and interior walls and used a wood floor texture on the ceiling. I had to slightly rescale the interior wall behind the front facade as it showed along the edge of the doorway with the door an door frame turned off. If I simply turned it off like I did to the other interior walls, the threshold in the doorway disappeared. Overall I'm rather please with how it turned out.

    The Geisha character is actually an old one, Xin Xin, with the A3 MFD and KImono Expansion and one of Feral Fey's fans from Iron Fan all retextured with Silkessence.

    The walkway and pedestals (from Blondie9999s Guardians) were retextured with Eva-1's Urban Environment Shaders.

    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

    Baroque Grandeur is currently in Fast Grab for a limited time
    http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/baroque-grandeur

  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 37,868
    edited December 1969

    ..have it but that's cool as it is a really really nice set.

  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 12,135
    edited December 1969

    anikad said:
    Baroque Grandeur is currently in Fast Grab for a limited time
    http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/baroque-grandeur

    Not sure what's going on there to be honest, but I guess make the most of it while you can lol.

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    I was tempted but my desire for a new PC is strong.

  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 12,135
    edited December 1969

    Szark said:
    I was tempted but my desire for a new PC is strong.

    Good lad..! How is the saving coming along by the way?

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    I will be halfway in 2 months all being well.

  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 12,135
    edited December 1969

    Szark said:
    I will be halfway in 2 months all being well.

    Sweet.. will cross fingers it all works out for you :)

  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,764
    edited December 1969

    hmm I do like Aslan Court 2... and so did Inferno, atleast.. that's where he ended up when he was Hurting


    Enjoy *smiles*

    hurtingpw.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 212K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 37,868
    edited December 1969

    ...very nice. Love the lighting and the effect of the DOF.

  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,764
    edited December 1969

    Thank you *happy smile* the lighting is 4 spotlights in different angles all pointing at him, all four having different shades of colors in them (dark red, darkish orange, lightinsh yellow/orange, lightish orange/red)

    All lights also has intensity 90%, Raytraced shadow, 5% shadow softness

  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 12,135
    edited December 1969

    Agreed.. very cool :)

  • Carola OCarola O Posts: 3,764
    edited December 1969

    *more happy smiles* thank you

  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited July 2013

    Szark said:
    cosmo71 said:
    next image with the fantasy castle ground water texture :) hope you like it
    very cool cosmo is this the end of Dixie.

    Just needs a wake from the shark and it will be perfect. ;- )

    the end of dixie????? >:-(

    NEVER...Dixie forever :)

    If there is an end for someone then for the shark :)

    Post edited by cosmo71 on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    Carola O said:
    hmm I do like Aslan Court 2... and so did Inferno, atleast.. that's where he ended up when he was Hurting


    Enjoy *smiles*

    I see you are having fun and it shows, nice work Kaz.
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 37,868
    edited December 1969

    cosmo71 said:
    Szark said:
    cosmo71 said:
    next image with the fantasy castle ground water texture :) hope you like it
    very cool cosmo is this the end of Dixie.

    Just needs a wake from the shark and it will be perfect. ;- )

    the end of dixie????? >:-(

    NEVER...Dixie forever :)

    If there is an end for someone then for the shark :)
    ...I pity that poor cartilaginous fish. ; )

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    Szark said:
    I will be halfway in 2 months all being well.

    Sweet.. will cross fingers it all works out for you :)Thank You jack. I have mine permantly crossed, which is probablie why I make so many speeling mistakes when tiping. :- )

    LOL Yeah the shark is going to die a horrible death... or they could be having race and Dixie is winning.

  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

    Pete you spelt misteak wroong

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

    LOL :- P cho

  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,700
    edited December 1969

    chohole said:
    Pete you spelt misteak wroong

    Shouldn't that be mysteak? My steak, my steak ... ok, you get one too. *grin*

  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited July 2013

    mesteak with mechips and memusshy peas, oh grand lad.

    Post edited by Szark on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

    Musshy Peas???? Hmmmmm, I can see the mesteak and mechips, just not sure about the musshy peas.

This discussion has been closed.