JACK TOMALIN APPRECIATION SOCIETY [JAS IV]

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

The movie has the music from Pink Floyd's The Wall which is a very thought provoking moive.

• Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,071
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    used the ground from native village for this render that is a tribute to the movie "THE WALL" one of the greatest movies ever made.

some hundred hammers were used in this render :)

Very cool render!

Had the pleasure to see Roger Waters play The Wall live last year.. truly epic!

edited December 1969

Vanguard said:
    I hope this is alright to post.

One I did for last week's PC Inspiration contest. Used the West Park Day Room
    The "grime" on the skylight windows is what gave the scene the almost painted effect.
    There was no post work other than to add the signature.

And if you have the bandwidth (file is nearly 1mb) this is an animated version I did for fun.
    http://vanguard-studio.deviantart.com/art/Stormydespair-380769246
    (you have to wait a few seconds once it loads ...)

The gif animated image on DA with the lightning flash is very cool.

Agreed.. excellent work :)

edited December 1969

My first render with the West Park Dayroom. Also featured here is the rubble from the Parkside head set, and various items of related furniture. Used Victoria 6 here, which is why the dress has a few erroneous parts (it was designed for Genesis), but amazingly the shoes fit perfectly.

Vicky finds an adorable critter hiding in an abandoned building. Who could resist giving Gruggle Monk a big hug with a cute face like that? I'm not sure Gruggle is quite so happy with the idea though.

Nice!.. not sure I'd give it a big hug to be honest though ;)

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

you Jack and Szark should visit my gallery at renderosity, there are many new and really not bad renders there (some of them I can`t post here :( )

here is a link to an example:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2451428

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    The movie has the music from Pink Floyd's The Wall which is a very thought provoking moive.

Is that the movie that came out last year? I checked at IMDB, and that and Pink Floyd's The Wall were the first two things that came up when I searched.
    edited December 1969

a littler render in which I have used park point`s base as promenade :)

dx_promenade_2.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 208K
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    you Jack and Szark should visit my gallery at renderosity, there are many new and really not bad renders there (some of them I can`t post here :( )

here is a link to an example:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2451428

Some nice renders over there Cosmo.. I like how Dixie has progressed and evolved :)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Szark said:

Is that the movie that came out last year? I checked at IMDB, and that and Pink Floyd's The Wall were the first two things that came up when I searched.

The Wall came out around the 80's.. 1982 according to wikipedia.. (82 was a glorious year! ;) )

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    a littler render in which I have used park point`s base as promenade :)

Nice.. I see the sea breeze is a little chilly lol

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Szark said:

The Wall came out around the 80's.. 1982 according to wikipedia.. (82 was a glorious year! ;) )
    Ohhhhh, now I remember that movie poster. ~grin~ It just so happens a movie came out last year called The wall about a woman caught inside an invisible, impenetrable wall that surrounds and isolates her completely.
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

Ohhhhh, now I remember that movie poster. ~grin~ It just so happens a movie came out last year called The wall about a woman caught inside an invisible, impenetrable wall that surrounds and isolates her completely.

is it a comedy? ;)

edited December 1969

"...caught inside an invisible, impenetrable wall that surrounds and isolates her completely..."

a movie about condoms?

edited December 1969

Hey Jack, can you probably create a relativly large room in west-park style with darker green tiles (a bit dirty and maybe scratched/broken) half the way up the walls, the rest until the ceiling should look like dirty concrete with peeling paint? the room shouldn`t have windows or if windows then with grids and a massive door without glass. the floor should have tiles also and a drain, the ceiling should look like the upper half of the walls (concrete). to the tiles. the tiles should be sqaured to the top with a rim of halfsquared darker tiles.

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

is it a comedy? ;)
    Hardly. ~ROFL~

"...caught inside an invisible, impenetrable wall that surrounds and isolates her completely..."

a movie about condoms?
    Where do you guys get your weird senses of humor? Is this a British thing?

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Miss B said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

is it a comedy? ;)
    Hardly. ~ROFL~

a movie about condoms?

For me, definitely.. I think Cosmo is Europe-based, so could well have been brought up on Monty Python re-runs :)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Miss B said:
    Miss B said:
    Szark said:

is it a comedy? ;)

Hardly. ~ROFL~

a movie about condoms?

For me, definitely.. I think Cosmo is Europe-based, so could well have been brought up on Monty Python re-runs :)

Me I am german but often visited England :) and yes of course, I know Monty Python well and...of course Benny Hill

edited July 2013

but it also could be a movie about typical british weather and raincoats ;)

Post edited by cosmo71 on
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Hah, yea.. very true!

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Hah, yea.. very true!

yeap, but, this year the weather isn`t well everywhere so it seems LoL one week we have had around 35-39°C the next week we have had around 10-15°C at night just 4°C

edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    cosmo71 said:

Hah, yea.. very true!

yeap, but, this year the weather isn`t well everywhere so it seems LoL one week we have had around 35-39°C the next week we have had around 10-15°C at night just 4°C

Agreed, it's the changeability that is somewhat frustrating..

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,258
    edited July 2013

hehe... welcome (the rest of the world) to Michigan weather ;p

(where the official state motto is "Don't like the weather? wait 5 minutes, it will change.")

Post edited by Joe Cotter on
    edited December 1969

Gedd said:
    hehe... welcome (the rest of the world) to Michigan weather ;p

(where the official state motto is "Don't like the weather? wait 5 minutes, it will change.")

LoL that`s like here in germany this year, don`t know if you heard about the huge flood we had a view weeks ago thouthands have been evacuated and a lot of cities and villages were flooded. some billion euros damage.

edited December 1969

first the rain and the water and and relativly cold weather and then, view days later 35°C and blue sunny sky

edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:

Looks cool, nice work :)

• AmeesaAmeesa Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

The following link is not one of my pieces, but a picture posted on Renderosity. It's amazing and almost a tribute to Jack, it uses so many of his models. I haven't read every post before this so if it's been linked before, I apologize. The artist name is jpiat, the title is The Great Market. I dream of doing this type of work someday.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2452084&user_id=694943&page=1&member;&np;

edited December 1969

Ameesa said:
    The following link is not one of my pieces, but a picture posted on Renderosity. It's amazing and almost a tribute to Jack, it uses so many of his models. I haven't read every post before this so if it's been linked before, I apologize. The artist name is jpiat, the title is The Great Market. I dream of doing this type of work someday.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=2452084&user_id=694943&page=1&member;&np;

Very nice.. thanks for the heads up :D

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242
    edited December 1969
    edited December 1969

JOdel said:

Niiiiice!
This discussion has been closed.