edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ...those are really nice.

...and welcome.

Thank you and Thank you :lol:

• mxstyliemxstylie Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    What does it mean when you try to load a picture and it gives you an error message " the upload exceeds the maximum allowed size in your PHP configuration file"
    Now the picture is 1400x900 or close enough to that so it's not larger then the 2000x2000 limit ,it is in PNG format instead of jpg ,would that make a difference??

I have found that switching my renders from .png to .jpg always works.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Most likely a matter of the actual file size limit rather than the image pixel size limit. Some image programs allow different compression levels in png files, just like in jpg files, and some don't, so it's always a good idea to check both kinds of "size" to make sure it's OK.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited June 2013

Thank you for the response ,so I try again .......so switching to .jpg worked. Oh SpottedKitty when I figure out how to check the png compression I'll try that too.

The_Street_#1.jpg
    1495 x 946 - 1M
    Post edited by carrie58 on
    edited December 1969

You might need to use an external image editor to get flexible compression levels, I just checked and D|S just saves png and jpg without offering options. Odd, I thought it did at least give options for jpg. I always save as tiff so if that was recently taken out I wouldn't have noticed. And yes, the test pic I just tried was almost twice the size as a png than as a jpg.

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited December 1969

My latest PCI entry includes three of Jack's: Aslan Court 1 Fallen (the old lamp on the tire), West Park Day Room (the floor through the door), and Parkside Head (using Quickening Decay fPH.

Rendered in DS4.5Pro/3Delight, postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

No Pedestal

PCI20130625-NoPedestal-x2000.jpg
    400 x 500 - 44K
  • Daz Jack TomalinDaz Jack Tomalin Posts: 13,071
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Thank you for the response ,so I try again .......so switching to .jpg worked. Oh SpottedKitty when I figure out how to check the png compression I'll try that too.

Nice.. though I think some shadows would help with the realism :)

edited December 1969

My latest PCI entry includes three of Jack's: Aslan Court 1 Fallen (the old lamp on the tire), West Park Day Room (the floor through the door), and Parkside Head (using Quickening Decay fPH.

Rendered in DS4.5Pro/3Delight, postwork in GIMP. Also up in my deviantART gallery here.

No Pedestal

Nice work as usual :D

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,946
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:

Yep you are right ......wait a minute aren't you on a break???

For some reason the lights I used while they calculated shadows didn't leave any ........but I'm just finally getting around to learning to play with the lights sooooo I'll get there eventually.

• Aave NainenAave Nainen Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Decided to ask in this thread since my question(s) are about some of this PA's products.

I've purchased Reading Room, and I forget the names of some of the others. DIM installed......icons are there.........but the products won't load.

The Preload that is listed on the store page isn't showing and when navigating to the places where the Read Me says I will find Icons for loading this product in Poser Format there is nothing there, the Icons only show up in Daz Format Library but don't work........am I being dense? What am I missing......store info for the product doesn't indicate I need anything else ie: as far as I can tell this isn't merely a texture set but a full product?

Going crazy trying to use what looks like a very nice setting! Any help would be appreciated!

BTW I am using Studio 4.6

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

reading room works just fine for me in poser, but then i installed it long before DIM existed

edited December 1969

I've purchased Reading Room, and I forget the names of some of the others. DIM installed......icons are there.........but the products won't load.

The Preload that is listed on the store page isn't showing and when navigating to the places where the Read Me says I will find Icons for loading this product in Poser Format there is nothing there, the Icons only show up in Daz Format Library but don't work........am I being dense? What am I missing......store info for the product doesn't indicate I need anything else ie: as far as I can tell this isn't merely a texture set but a full product?

This item is laid out like a lot of things were, a few years ago — there are two files to download, one contains all the Poser files and the other has only materials for D|S. You're supposed to load the Poser figure then apply the D|S materials. If there's "nothing there" for the Poser stuff, DIM might have been set to only download the file for D|S, so you won't have the Poser figures for the room, furniture and preload.

Or, your content directories might not be set up correctly, in which case the files are installed there, but D|S doesn't know where "there" is. Open your Content Directory Manager tab, open the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats" sections and post a screenshot here. This is more likely the problem if you're having a lot of stuff missing a Poser-format preload. Easily fixed; all you need to make sure of is that the D|S formats and Poser formats both point to the same location.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,563
    edited December 1969

Decided to ask in this thread since my question(s) are about some of this PA's products.

Going crazy trying to use what looks like a very nice setting! Any help would be appreciated!

BTW I am using Studio 4.6

It sounds like the place it was installed isn't listed in DS as DS and Poser content folders. Can you post these 2 screenshots:
    1) In DS, Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, expand the "DAZ Studio Formats" and "Poser Formats"
    2) In DIM, on Ready to Install tab check the "Show Details" box in the lower right

edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    carrie58 said:

Yep you are right ......wait a minute aren't you on a break???

For some reason the lights I used while they calculated shadows didn't leave any ........but I'm just finally getting around to learning to play with the lights sooooo I'll get there eventually.

I was, but alas.. now back to the grindstone :)

Yea don't worry, it's not a test - takes a while to get your head around it all.. keep it up!

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,441
    edited December 1969

I thought I'll post it here as well...

The lights are on but on one's home

nooneshome.jpg
    1257 x 777 - 130K
    edited December 1969

Totte said:
    I thought I'll post it here as well...

The lights are on but on one's home

Niiice ;)

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

OK, I finally got to play with Nouveau Vignette. I'm not crazy about the lighting, but that's something I struggle with at times.

Be sure to click to see unsquished, or check out the full-size render here  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/studio/vignette.htm

NouveauVignette.jpg
    600 x 900 - 419K
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    OK, I finally got to play with Nouveau Vignette. I'm not crazy about the lighting, but that's something I struggle with at times.

Be sure to click to see unsquished, or check out the full-size render here  --> http://3dpixelzone.com/WIP/studio/vignette.htm

Looks pretty cool.. love the outfit :)

edited December 1969

Miss B said:

Thank you sir. It's a tribute to my mom, who was a flapper in her "youth". ~LOL~
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:
    Miss B said:

Thank you sir. It's a tribute to my mom, who was a flapper in her "youth". ~LOL~

Wow, that's cool to hear :)

edited June 2013

Miss B said:
    Miss B said:

Wow, that's cool to hear :)
    Glad you approve.

Post edited by Miss B on
  • cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

used the ground from native village for this render that is a tribute to the movie "THE WALL" one of the greatest movies ever made.

some hundred hammers were used in this render :)

thewall.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 221K
  • VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited June 2013

I hope this is alright to post.

One I did for last week's PC Inspiration contest. Used the West Park Day Room
    The "grime" on the skylight windows is what gave the scene the almost painted effect.
    There was no post work other than to add the signature.

And if you have the bandwidth (file is nearly 1mb) this is an animated version I did for fun.
    http://vanguard-studio.deviantart.com/art/Stormydespair-380769246
    (you have to wait a few seconds once it loads ...)

despair.jpg
    616 x 900 - 378K
    Post edited by Vanguard on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

cosmo71 said:
    used the ground from native village for this render that is a tribute to the movie "THE WALL" one of the greatest movies ever made.

I agree excellent movie and great mesage just like you picture.
    edited December 1969

Miss B said:

That works well Miss B...nice to see you sharing a bit more.
  • Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited June 2013

My first render with the West Park Dayroom. Also featured here is the rubble from the Parkside head set, and various items of related furniture. Used Victoria 6 here, which is why the dress has a few erroneous parts (it was designed for Genesis), but amazingly the shoes fit perfectly.

Vicky finds an adorable critter hiding in an abandoned building. Who could resist giving Gruggle Monk a big hug with a cute face like that? I'm not sure Gruggle is quite so happy with the idea though.

Monster_Hugs.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 632K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

The "grime" on the skylight windows is what gave the scene the almost painted effect.

And if you have the bandwidth (file is nearly 1mb) this is an animated version I did for fun.

The gif animated image on DA with the lightning flash is very cool.

edited December 1969

Vanguard said:

yes very nice lighting/lightening effect going on in the animation...I like it.
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Miss B said:

That works well Miss B...nice to see you sharing a bit more.
    Thanks Pete, wish I had the time to share more.
    edited June 2013

cosmo71 said:

That's a thought provoking render if I ever saw one. I'm not familiar with the movie, so the first thing I thought of when I saw the title "The Wall" was Pink Floyd.
    Post edited by Miss B on
This discussion has been closed.