Sakura 8

Comments

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited January 2018

agent unawares said:

I saw someone mention that the fingers needed joint centering. Being as if I use a Gen8F pose on Sakura her fingers break, is this fixable? It sounds above my meager skills.

That was in reference to if you use a clone shape to make her male.

I didn't use a clone shape to make Fuyu, though. I made a base hidden morph to fix hips, neck and nose. The rest is all dials. He's a dial-morph blend.

I had tried pulling the hidden clone morph out a few months ago once when I found it. I couldn't get it to stick so gave up.

I have tried posing Sakura as a female using Gen3 *and* Gen8 poses. The tips of her fingers keep doing these painful things. It looks like when you pose Aiko3 with something that sends her joints in strange directions. With A3 it's an easy fix: go into parameters and tell things to lock where they belong. With Sakura 8 no such luck. 

noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

"Hmm Fuyu is awesome but for one thing . Seems autofit cant stand anything fitting the shoulders and chest that isnt Gen8."

Oddly I'm not having that problem. In the image I posted, that character was built on Fuyu. He's wearing the Cheyenne outfit, converted to Genesis and then converted to him. (I raelly don't own any Gen8 clothing. It's a rare outfit that gets my wallet, being as the wallet is very tiny.) In the promos on ShareCG he's wearing basic clothing, I think for Genesis 3, and armor that I think is Genesis 2.

When it comes to fitting things to a male made character on female, the autofit wants to compensate for breasts. I like draping using Dforce so that mght be why I'm not having the issue.

But if it's a problem I can fix, I'm happy to learn and try. I just gotta.... be pointed in the right direction. =^-^=

Post edited by spearcarrier on
  • agent unawares said:

I saw someone mention that the fingers needed joint centering. Being as if I use a Gen8F pose on Sakura her fingers break, is this fixable? It sounds above my meager skills.

I didn't use a clone shape to make Fuyu, though. I made a base hidden morph to fix hips, neck and nose. The rest is all dials. He's a dial-morph blend.

I had tried pulling the hidden clone morph out a few months ago once when I found it. I couldn't get it to stick so gave up.

I have tried posing Sakura as a female using Gen3 *and* Gen8 poses. The tips of her fingers keep doing these painful things. It looks like when you pose Aiko3 with something that sends her joints in strange directions. With A3 it's an easy fix: go into parameters and tell things to lock where they belong. With Sakura 8 no such luck. 

"Hmm Fuyu is awesome but for one thing . Seems autofit cant stand anything fitting the shoulders and chest that isnt Gen8."

Oddly I'm not having that problem. In the image I posted, that character was built on Fuyu. He's wearing the Cheyenne outfit, converted to Genesis and then converted to him. (I raelly don't own any Gen8 clothing. It's a rare outfit that gets my wallet, being as the wallet is very tiny.) In the promos on ShareCG he's wearing basic clothing, I think for Genesis 3, and armor that I think is Genesis 2.

When it comes to fitting things to a male made character on female, the autofit wants to compensate for breasts. I like draping using Dforce so that mght be why I'm not having the issue.

But if it's a problem I can fix, I'm happy to learn and try. I just gotta.... be pointed in the right direction. =^-^=

Hmm sorry for slow response. Been working all day. Did a quick render to show you what I meant. 

example 1.png
    1094 x 665 - 460K
  • edited January 2018

agent unawares said:

Hmm sorry for slow response. Been working all day. Did a quick render to show you what I meant. 

(Please limit the width of images to 800px.)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • hmm not sure how I ended up posting that twice

• hmm not sure how I ended up posting that twice

Also I am still trying to figure out dforce and how to even use it

edited January 2018

hmm not sure how I ended up posting that twice

On the bright side the image was bigger ont he second try.

Looks like autofit is trying to compensate for the breast area. Not sure I can fix that. If someone knows how, I'm all eyes.

I found Dforce a little daunting at first - especially since I found a bug early on I ended up reporting. (Which has went away with latest update.) But once you getit down it's easier than the other methods, which I have to applaud DAZ's program creators for.

Really happy to see Fuyu getting some use, btw. Makes me all fuzzy inside.

• edited January 2018

hmm not sure how I ended up posting that twice

On the bright side the image was bigger ont he second try.

Looks like autofit is trying to compensate for the breast area. Not sure I can fix that. If someone knows how, I'm all eyes.

I found Dforce a little daunting at first - especially since I found a bug early on I ended up reporting. (Which has went away with latest update.) But once you getit down it's easier than the other methods, which I have to applaud DAZ's program creators for.

Really happy to see Fuyu getting some use, btw. Makes me all fuzzy inside.

I am not even sure where to find it in the menu to use it.  Also I like the figure.  Just was trying to use him with Sakura in a render when I ran into that issue.  The outfit is from over at another site that has a vendor that likes doing anime style clothing.  Alot of it works nicely when kitbashing outfits together when you can't find what you need. 

Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • Still a bit of pain to fix but here we go Fuyu and Sakura..  Nice to know Fuseling's morphs work well on him as well. 

Sakura and Fuyu.png
    568 x 665 - 534K
  • Still a bit of pain to fix but here we go Fuyu and Sakura..  Nice to know Fuseling's morphs work well on him as well. 

• Wow. I barely recognize him! I need to get Fuseling's morphs.

• edited January 2018

Wow. I barely recognize him! I need to get Fuseling's morphs.

Thanks. It is the fitting to the breast with autofit causing the problem.  Honestly waiting for the clothes fixer morphs for Gen 8 from a certain vendor on here so I can fix the poke thru better. It happens on Sakura as well but not as severe.  

I keep hoping sugatek[sp?] would put out two items after he did the kendo one... a miko outfit and an archer one lol.

Did anyone put out autofit clones for V4 and M4 for Gen8 out yet?  Reason I am so happy about getting your Fuyu is I can finally do a render that has been on my to do list for a long time but haven't all I needed to do so.  Hpowever need those clones to make it work lol. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000
    edited January 2018

I am not even sure where to find it in the menu to use it.  Also I like the figure.  Just was trying to use him with Sakura in a render when I ran into that issue.  The outfit is from over at another site that has a vendor that likes doing anime style clothing.  Alot of it works nicely when kitbashing outfits together when you can't find what you need. 

Not sure if anyone answered this part, @noshobawolf_f994bf986d but I'll answer just in case:

To get the simulation window, you need to go to window --> panes --> simulation settings.

The window will then pop up and you can set it anywhere. Then, whatever item you wish to drape, you have to give it a dformer. So select the item and turn it into a dynamic surface.

Afterwards you can either add an animated timeline or just hit that blue simulate button (and hope the clothes don't explode haha). There's a really good tutorial being shared here

SimulationSettings_1.jpg
    3258 x 2088 - 2M
    SimulationSettings_2.jpg
    3258 x 2088 - 1M
    Post edited by FenixPhoenix on
  • Thank you. Lol. After i had the tie in the Yoshini outfit explode, I figured I needed to find it .  And yes you need the shapes just way to handy to have. 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 3,000

Thank you. Lol. After i had the tie in the Yoshini outfit explode, I figured I needed to find it .  And yes you need the shapes just way to handy to have. 

Sometimes what works is to turn self collision to off to avoid things exploding. So, if you added a dforce modifier to the tie, you'll want to select the tie --> open parameters --> look for "self collision" and turn that off.

• Thank you. Lol. After i had the tie in the Yoshini outfit explode, I figured I needed to find it .  And yes you need the shapes just way to handy to have. 

Sometimes what works is to turn self collision to off to avoid things exploding. So, if you added a dforce modifier to the tie, you'll want to select the tie --> open parameters --> look for "self collision" and turn that off. 

Sadly it was already a dforce item.  Why I got caught by surprise because it had not happened before.  I like that school girl outfit becuase it falls in the middle of the type between true  schoolgirl and the smutwear that you see on alot of sites.  

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693
    Llynara said:

Finally on board! I think she looks great as a geisha warrior.

"Like a Ninja, Baby!"

Note: I'm kind of disappointed in this Sakura Long Anime Hair. There are plenty of bones, but there are not many morphs or easy posing/shaping controls at all. For an anime hair, I'm shocked by that. There should be a lot of movement and length settings. I mean, even the older ones I own by this vendor have them, usually in the head or neck settings. But I didn't find any. I kept wondering, "Am I missing something here?"  There are a few hidden morphs I found that don't do much. There was something about "hide handles" but I never saw any handles either. It took me probably 20 minutes to pose the hair. Usually it takes me like 2, even with the older ones. I had to drill down, twist, bend and scale things. It's a beautiful hair but not fun to work with.

Beautiful! @Llynara I noticed the same thing about that hair. I only got it because it was in the starter bundle. I have a lot of similar hair for both Stars that can be manually fit so I'm not lacking in toon/anime hair though...

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,693
    edited January 2018

I finally got Sakura to work--now her eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows are showing up when I installed through Connect rather than DIM... I think she's adorable, but I'm definitely going into that uncanny valley with this one. Tried out Mec4D's Central Park HDRI (plus extra lights) with it and a drop of iPad postwork (still sick in bed with flu!) Central Park was my childhood stomping ground so I couldn't pass that up when it was on sale. I see her products are on sale again, but I really miss those loyalty rewards...

IMG_4224.JPG
    900 x 1200 - 414K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited January 2018

I finally got Sakura to work--now her eyes, eyelashes and eyebrows are showing up when I installed through Connect rather than DIM... I think she's adorable, but I'm definitely going into that uncanny valley with this one. Tried out Mec4D's Central Park HDRI (plus extra lights) with it and a drop of iPad postwork (still sick in bed with flu!) Central Park was my childhood stomping ground so I couldn't pass that up when it was on sale. I see her products are on sale again, but I really miss those loyalty rewards...

Oooo so cute. Love the pose Wow didn't see this set before and its a flash sale. Caught it in the nick of time
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Did anyone put out autofit clones for V4 and M4 for Gen8 out yet?  Reason I am so happy about getting your Fuyu is I can finally do a render that has been on my to do list for a long time but haven't all I needed to do so.  Hpowever need those clones to make it work lol.

I haven't seen any yet. But the work around is, if you have autofit for the older Genesis models, is to autofit to ... say... Genesis. Save that as a Genesis outfit. Delete it. Load the Genesis outfit, and then fit to Genesis 8. Works like a dream here, and sometimes the fit looks better than on the first model.

I haven't seen any yet. But the work around is, if you have autofit for the older Genesis models, is to autofit to ... say... Genesis. Save that as a Genesis outfit. Delete it. Load the Genesis outfit, and then fit to Genesis 8. Works like a dream here, and sometimes the fit looks better than on the first model.

Hmm . So saying  it autofit to  a genesis figure and then delete genesis and save it as a scene? 

edited January 2018

I needed a child, and couldn't afford the morphs for it yet so worked on making one only using the morphs I had the same as I did for Fuyu. Got this weird little kid as a result.

Her eyes are 3DOutlaw's eyes - but rather than treat them like he shows in the video I parented each eye to their respective part. So now I can use the Genesis 8 head dials to move them rather than dive down into the joint tree to find where they're nested.

The drawback to them, though, is that if I apply a pose they pop out despite their position being locked and I have to reposition them all over again.

Picture inspired by that awesome picture earlier in the thread. It was gorgeous. Mine isn't near as nice.

tiny taus small.jpg
    1600 x 1280 - 2M
  • I needed a child, and couldn't afford the morphs for it yet so worked on making one only using the morphs I had the same as I did for Fuyu. Got this weird little kid as a result.

Her eyes are 3DOutlaw's eyes - but rather than treat them like he shows in the video I parented each eye to their respective part. So now I can use the Genesis 8 head dials to move them rather than dive down into the joint tree to find where they're nested.

The drawback to them, though, is that if I apply a pose they pop out despite their position being locked and I have to reposition them all over again.

Picture inspired by that awesome picture earlier in the thread. It's gorgeous.

Looks good . How did you get the toon affect? 

Hmm . So saying  it autofit to  a genesis figure and then delete genesis and save it as a scene? 

Well ,not quite.

Autofit to Genesis.

While Genesis is wearing it, save it as a wearable.

Delete both.

Load the wearable onto your Genesis 8, and autofit telling it to use the Genesis clone.

edited January 2018

noshobawolf_f994bf986d said:

Looks good . How did you get the toon affect? 

PWToon (shader) for the area around her. Her skin and hair are using the visual shaders with my own settings for a more cel look. I have hair settings on sharecg if you're interested in finding them.  I put the camera on depth of field so make the background softer, and created my own sky texture using the backdrop feature under the environment/scene tab.

Well ,not quite.

Autofit to Genesis.

While Genesis is wearing it, save it as a wearable.

Delete both.

Load the wearable onto your Genesis 8, and autofit telling it to use the Genesis clone.

Thank you.. That will save me some time. I have been prop fitting a bunch of my older hairs and saving the duf files,  Not alot of good anime style hairs since A3 went down to time 

•  

Thank you.. That will save me some time. I have been prop fitting a bunch of my older hairs and saving the duf files,  Not alot of good anime style hairs since A3 went down to time 

Littlefox has produced some good hair for Star and Star2, and the item Tiny Taus here is wearing is for Genesis. I also do searches on other sites, because sometimes there are grat hair props... usually they're directly drawn from an anime but a few tweaks makes them original.

I prop fit hair. I don't like autofitting them because they end up looking bad or losing a lot of their features. Prop fitting hair works well.

•  

Littlefox has produced some good hair for Star and Star2, and the item Tiny Taus here is wearing is for Genesis. I also do searches on other sites, because sometimes there are grat hair props... usually they're directly drawn from an anime but a few tweaks makes them original.

I prop fit hair. I don't like autofitting them because they end up looking bad or losing a lot of their features. Prop fitting hair works well.

Well Ali does some good older hairs over at that competitors site.  I may do the fits to Gen 2 though.  Always lose the morphs with Genesis not as often with 2 or 3.  I think they didn't include M4 and V4 clones with generation because I have a suspicion they will be removing them from from the catalog.  

• edited January 2018

Thanks spearcarrier . That worked beautifully.

Flightsuit.png
    568 x 665 - 436K
  • Can someone check the eyes? Are they huge round balls that can be rotated, or more like flat planes? The iris distortion on a lot of the characters has me extremely worried.

Due to them being Anime-Like, the eyes aren't big round balls like "real human" eyes. They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either. 

Boo. See the Precious figures for anime style eyes that can still rotate and otherwise behave normally, I was really hoping that example would carry over into new figures.

lol Her eyes do rotate.

How, if they're not round? The socket wouldn't align to the eye anymore.

I didn't say they weren't round, I said "They're not perfectly flat, but they aren't totally around either."

Her eyes aren't spheres, but they're rounded enough to rotate to look around. Daz wouldn't make a character who's eyes wouldn't move. lol

Mathematically, they have to be spherical (or a partial sphere) to be able to rotate freely and still contact the edges of the eye socket without a bunch of correction morphs.

Going to get her and check her out.

And I was right. The eyes don't fit the socket when they turn.

Looking Straight

Looking Right

See the huge gap? I color it black here to make it more noticeable.

What they've done, instead of using round eyes, is to make a kind of collar that encircles the entire eyeball, the same color as the eyeball, so when there's a gap you see through to the collar. This is an abolutely bizarre design choice, since the collar is never actually going to render the same color as the eyeball in almost any real use case.

Bonus shot of the collar, colored black.

Why.

Please submit a ticket on this.

Final update: The eye misalignment was "created this way and will not be updated." Can't say I expected anything else, but I was hoping. I've returned everything related to her. Not dealing with this for a lone female figure no matter how cute.

sad

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

Posted this in the IBLM thread as well, but gotta give the Sakura thread some love too!  Rendered in 3DL using IBLM.