Sakura 8

Comments

• I put the pics in daz gallery and then post them in the image link. 

• I put the pics in daz gallery and then post them in the image link. 

Thanks.  Guess I will have to start using my gallery more although I tended to put my more serious stuff here. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited December 2017

Actually I have a question. How do you get the pictures larger when you post them

1. Attach image to message.
    2. Post message.
    3. Click on attachment in the newly posted message to load the image in its full size.
    4. Copy URL of full size image.
    5. Edit original post to include the image with the URL copied in step 4.
    Post edited by Ati on
  • Ati said:

Actually I have a question. How do you get the pictures larger when you post them

2. Post message.
    3. Click on attachment in the newly posted message to load the image in its full size.

oooh, clever!

• Ati said:

2. Post message.

Thanks. Is there a file requirement?  I just tried it on old post in here and just shows the link. 

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    edited December 2017

Thanks. Is there a file requirement?  I just tried it on old post in here and just shows the link. 

When you have the URL, click on the image icon in the message editor, and paste the URL there. That will include the actual image.

It's this icon:

Capture.PNG
    694 x 137 - 19K
    Post edited by Ati on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 2017

You can do it without having to post and edit the message. 

1. Attach image

2. Right click on image and open in new tab 

3. delete /thumbnails in the url and click go. The full sized image will show. 

4. Click the little image icon in your message - the one Ati showed a pictured of. 

5. Paste in teh url of the full sized image in the "Image Info" tab in the URL line. 

6. In the Link tab, paste the url again, and select "new window _blank" as that will make the image open in a new tab/window when clicked on. 

7. In the "Image info" tab, on the left hand side, you can also change the image dimensions - click on the "padlock" to lock the ratio, and you can make the image smaller so it doesn't blow out the whole page - for instance, if your image is 2000x3000 you really don't want that full size being in your message...change it to smaller, and then it will open in the full size when clicked on. 

8. Post comment.  

Ati said:

2. Post message.

Post edited by jakiblue on
  • edited January 2018

Okay that was annoying but got it to work lol

(please keep width at 800 px)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on
  • I see what you guys mean about the sharp nose. I didn't even think about it until after I started the render. Whoops!

• I see what you guys mean about the sharp nose. I didn't even think about it until after I started the render. Whoops!

Still looks good.  But that was the style in anime in the beginning. Why all those nose morphs lol.  

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Karuki said:
    Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

hahah Totally reminds me of T.N.T. Jackson! :D I've never seen it, but I saw some fan art of it, and that totally could be her! :D So cute!

I adore what you've done- if that was a character in the store I'd snatch her up in a second! heart

Karuki said:

Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

oh my GOSH ditto what Diva said, I LOVE it! Who is alondra and where is she, and can you share that morph??? She's amazing!!!!!!! what a winner~! So much wow~

that is awesome work. I got Alondra, I will have to try that. :)

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Wow. Could you share those few adjustments you did on nose and lip. Looks really great and much better then the "sharp" default.

Noswen said:

Nicely done Karuki, also inspired me to have a try at applying a different skin to see how it came out, this one is Tonya, though a much simpler render than your ones.

I was surprised at just how high I had to set the render settings to get rid of the fireflies on the skin, even setting it to 99.9% convergence wasn't enough, I also had to increase the rendering quality setting. Thankfully with such a simple scene the time was not long even with that.

Thank you so much everyone!! I really had fun with her :) I didn't go as in depth with my customization as normal, but her is the Shaping Preset. I've never shared this kind of file before so if it doesn't work and I've done something wrong please let me know!!

Also, I'd love to see any renders if you do decide to use her, or use her as a base :)

She's wonderful! Thank you for the shaping preset. :D 
    Here she is with your Shaping, Charlotte 8's mats (darkened by adding a mustard like color to Translucency Color), and the great eye morphs that @j cade made. :)

I like the skin for your version a bit better though - I may have to get that character. :)

Thanks again for the great shape settings and thank you, J Cade for the wonderful eye morphs! heart

yay!!! Thank yo uso much :) Honestly makes me so happy!

Karuki said:

Awesome! Where is that hair at? Renderosity?

All are from the Daz store :)

I have no idea which direction to go in with my new character, any feedback would be appreciated. I'm super happy with the face, but just not sure what to do with her body. From faltter to more curvy.. also with her style and skin... 

I would try to give her a Twiggy body but not so extreme a Twiggy body as Star 2.0

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358
    edited December 2017

@Karuki: A quick render using your shape preset to see if I could get it to work as I've never used a file like that before, also added the Alondra skin material.

Karuki-Goth.jpg
    618 x 1000 - 68K
    Post edited by Noswen on
  • Here's my take on Sakura. I must admit, not into the anime style but this little girl is adorable.

@Karuki, I love the second one, what outfit is she wearing?

Sakura Diva 1.png
    936 x 882 - 383K
    Sakura Diva.png
    936 x 882 - 615K
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

@alliekatblue You have a wonderful way of bringing out the beauty of the ladies in all your renders. Loving these and many of the other renders on this thread. Hoping I can find some $$$ for Sakura soon!

• @Llynara, thanks for the complement. Coming from you, it means a lotheart

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

@Llynara, thanks for the complement. Coming from you, it means a lotheart

Aww, sweeite, you do great work! I often discover new outfits and characters from your wonderful renders! heart

• TryhardTryhard Posts: 166
    edited December 2017

What I really like about this model is the fact that you can make the face look like TDA from MMD.

As a matter of fact, you dont even need to struggle to much to fit MMD hair models on her.

I hope this model recieves plenty of support like Aiko 3 did back in the day.

Happy Birthday.png
    1000 x 1000 - 629K
    Post edited by Tryhard on
  • Decided to do a comparision on the two Sakuras.  

The two Sakuras_preview.png
    560 x 665 - 572K
  • what are the "two sakuras"? 

• scorpio said:

My apologizes I had forgotten about the Aiko 7 one lol .   Keiko 6 one was my default use for anime renders why I forgot the other.  I wasn't that impressed with Aiko 7. As they moved up in generations from 3 they started looking less and less anime/ manga style. 

• edited December 2017

OKay was working on textures this morning and doing a bit of kitbashing now that we have a better figure to use.  Honestly I am hoping someone will be coming out with a clone pack for her. 

Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
    edited December 2017

Here is my 1st render of Sakura 8. I think she has morph flexibility than I was expecting. I hope they create a similarly flexible male, called, I don't know, Ginkgo, because being cheery, pretty, and good smelling isn't tough, although it is the female Ginkgo that stink not the male.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Here is my 1st render of Sakura 8. I think she has morph flexibility than I was expecting. I hope they create a similarly flexible male, called, I don't know, Ginkgo, because being cheery, pretty, and good smelling isn't tough, although it is the female Ginkgo that stink not the male.

That is a very nice render , were using Iray or 3DL? 

I think we all are hoping for a male companion.  I had hoped for the same for Keiko 6 and Star 2.0.  Only one that actually got one was Aiko 7 with Kenji 7.  Might have to play around with the dials abit,  some of Sakura's morphs might make for a semi decent male .  On the bishie side but would help.  Heck I put a fairly decent male version of Star 2.0 that way. 

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,242

Well, considering that the original artist for Sakura's name is on the product, everyone knows who to make puppy eyes at when requesting a partner for her.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,586

How do I load Sakura's eyes when I load generic Genesis 8 female?  I am not seeing how without using the load Sakura duf.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270

How do I load Sakura's eyes when I load generic Genesis 8 female?  I am not seeing how without using the load Sakura duf.

As far as I can tell, you can't. You can load Sakura 8 along with a G8F dailed to Sakura's shape then parent the eyes, lashes, etc to G8F but the minute you start dialing out the Sakura head shape from G8F the eyes get displaced. :(

• How do I load Sakura's eyes when I load generic Genesis 8 female?  I am not seeing how without using the load Sakura duf.

I took a stab at trying the Sakura eyes set that was sold separately from the original. Sadly it didn't work either so I am guessing that until someone puts out a new product that we just can't do it.

• N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,412

I hate her chin and her nose. I've also had problems with her eyes. Some renders make her look beautiful, but everything I've done makes her look awful. I've even thought about returning her. To be honest, I think I prefer Star! (Sorry). I'm not giving up on Sakura yet, but I'm really struggling to get a great render with her (which, to be honest, I'm also struggling to do with most G8F characters that I have - So I've mainly stuck with G3). crying

I thought Anatomical Elements were supposed to be included in Pro Bundles? Unless the reason that they aren't, is because the character is supposed to be young? 

Here is my 1st render of Sakura 8. I think she has morph flexibility than I was expecting. I hope they create a similarly flexible male, called, I don't know, Ginkgo, because being cheery, pretty, and good smelling isn't tough, although it is the female Ginkgo that stink not the male.

That is a very nice render , were using Iray or 3DL? 

I think we all are hoping for a male companion.  I had hoped for the same for Keiko 6 and Star 2.0.  Only one that actually got one was Aiko 7 with Kenji 7.  Might have to play around with the dials abit,  some of Sakura's morphs might make for a semi decent male .  On the bishie side but would help.  Heck I put a fairly decent male version of Star 2.0 that way. 

Thanks. I used iRay but the old Genesis 2 3DL content was either just manually converted with the UberiRay preset or in the case of the Butterfly Pavilion I let the iRay renderer autoconvert.

The male you created is quite good as he does look masculine but still uniquely anime. I have both Aiko 7 & Kenji 7 too and they mix quite well with other morphs.