Sakura 8

Comments

• spearcarrierspearcarrier Posts: 686
    edited January 2018

3dOutlaw said:

Here is the "coming soon" commercial thread link for the eyes I mention above, so don't let those eye movement concerns prevent you from trying her out!  They did a great job with this figure!  A ton of extra's that I did not expect were included.  Very fun character!  laugh

And now I see this. LOL. I really shouldn't reply in a thread until I'm caught up.

But can the eyes be compatible with Sakura's eye colors that come with her default eye? Is that even possible? I'm in love with those textures.

EDIT: Well, it's too late to see about that, but they're in my shopping cart anyway. I'll just make my own textures!

Post edited by spearcarrier on
  • LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited January 2018

Finally on board! I think she looks great as a geisha warrior.

"Like a Ninja, Baby!"

Note: I'm kind of disappointed in this Sakura Long Anime Hair. There are plenty of bones, but there are not many morphs or easy posing/shaping controls at all. For an anime hair, I'm shocked by that. There should be a lot of movement and length settings. I mean, even the older ones I own by this vendor have them, usually in the head or neck settings. But I didn't find any. I kept wondering, "Am I missing something here?"  There are a few hidden morphs I found that don't do much. There was something about "hide handles" but I never saw any handles either. It took me probably 20 minutes to pose the hair. Usually it takes me like 2, even with the older ones. I had to drill down, twist, bend and scale things. It's a beautiful hair but not fun to work with.

Sakura8v2.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 501K
    Post edited by Llynara on
  • ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,958
    edited January 2018
    Llynara said:

Finally on board! I think she looks great as a geisha warrior.

"Like a Ninja, Baby!"

Note: I'm kind of disappointed in this Sakura Long Anime Hair. There are plenty of bones, but there are not many morphs or easy posing/shaping controls at all. For an anime hair, I'm shocked by that. There should be a lot of movement and length settings. I mean, even the older ones I own by this vendor have them, usually in the head or neck settings. But I didn't find any. I kept wondering, "Am I missing something here?"  There are a few hidden morphs I found that don't do much. There was something about "hide handles" but I never saw any handles either. It took me probably 20 minutes to pose the hair. Usually it takes me like 2, even with the older ones. I had to drill down, twist, bend and scale things. It's a beautiful hair but not fun to work with.

I knew you'd cave, lovely render

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • agent unawares said:

Here's Dolly mixed with sakura 50% each and 100 % Josie mixed with 50% Sakura, both are done from the base mosel G8F, so don't use Sakura's eyes the G8F eyes will need rescaling and positioning.

How ccan I not use Sakura eyes, I have no idea how to blend them out.

Your render looks lovely.

Pet

Delete the eyes and make the base G8F eyes visible in surfaces.

So I tried this and it didn't work. Surfaces on, eyes and everything else deleted. Oh well!

• BurstAngel said:

REALLY CUTE!!!!

But are we going to have a boy? I promise myself if a stylized female doesn't have a boy counterpart I can't justify buying the her.

I hope they come out with one, too. In the meantime I made my own male counterpart and put him up on ShareCG.  It just seems like the toons are getting less and less opposite gender counterparts, and I've got renders to make! LOL

Thanks, Alliekatblue!

@spearcarrier - There's a free male morph here to try out: https://www.sharecg.com/v/90170/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Fuyu-Male-Morph-for-Sakura-8

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,742

The face shapes by Fuseling are awesome!

@Pet, I used the rounded chin morph from the parameters tab

@jakiblue the skin is Nandi for V4 by Godin

I totally agree with you.  He fixed quite a few of my issues with that package.  

She.  IIRC, Fuseling and Sickleyield are sisters.

• j cade said:

Aight... Anybody want to test this out and make sure I have this all working

2 morphs, both found under head>face>eyes>stylized edit: they are named Sakura Use Default eyes and Sakura Default Eyes Iris Oval

1st sticks the default eyes where they should be (I set it up all proper so it should be at a value of either 0, or 1 you shouldn't need to set it at any intermediary values it will automatically blend with however strong you have Sakura)

2nd morph makes the iris shape oval, its optional, but gives a better look. Set it at what strength looks good to you.

There is one other thing you will probably want to do, but that I cannot share so you'll have to do yourself:

To make the iris properly big you are going to need to set the limits of the iris size morph to something more than 100%

• click the gear to the left of the morph slider
    • select "parameter settings" and set the max limit higher to something like 200
    • now you can set the slider higher, but wait! the iris still seems to stop growing at 100% what is this?
    • Iris Size is actually a controller morph that controls 2 secret hidden morphs rather than moving the mesh itself. We need to change the limits on a secret hidden morph as well; luckily this isn't actually hard, in fact its actually pretty much the same thing we just did.
    • make sure you have the normal Iris Size morph dialed in a bit (this will make it much easier to find the morph its secretly controlling)
    • In th top left of the parameters tab click the properties (triangle and 4 lines) and make sure "Show Hidden Properties" is on
    • in the top of where all the morphs are go to currently used, provided you don't have a bunch of other morphs applied you should quickly find a greyed out morph called PHMEyesIrisSize_pos (alternatively you can just search for this directly)
    • Do the same thing with the limits you did for the Iris size morph
    • since you only adjusted the positive max for the iris size you only need to change the positive secret morph the other one you don't need to worry about
    • go to file>save as>support asset>save modified asset so these changes will be saved to the figure and you can continue dialing bigger eyes going forwards.

Okay just fyi, with you latest version this didn't fix my problem. I'm not sure what's going on with my model but with only the sakura dialed up and all other morphs gone, the eyes either want to stick into some weird white area or come out the side of her face.

• Llynara said:

Thanks, Alliekatblue!

@spearcarrier - There's a free male morph here to try out: https://www.sharecg.com/v/90170/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Fuyu-Male-Morph-for-Sakura-8

Yes, he's mine. =^-^=

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited January 2018

Okay just fyi, with you latest version this didn't fix my problem. I'm not sure what's going on with my model but with only the sakura dialed up and all other morphs gone, the eyes either want to stick into some weird white area or come out the side of her face.

Did you dial the Sakura Use Default Eyes morph? It works fine for me.

EDIT: They don't fit exactly perfectly but you'd need an adjustment to the actual Sakura 8 morph.

Post edited by agent unawares on
  • Okay just fyi, with you latest version this didn't fix my problem. I'm not sure what's going on with my model but with only the sakura dialed up and all other morphs gone, the eyes either want to stick into some weird white area or come out the side of her face.

Did you dial the Sakura Use Default Eyes morph? It works fine for me.+

I tried both.

I even loaded Sakura fresh to see what was happening. Her eyes were great. Then I put them on my character and it just went wonky again. So it's something in my character, but undialing everything and then only loading Sakura doesn't put them back to rights. it's like they lose their center placement. It's right frustrating to say the least!

• Cybersox said:

I totally agree with you.  He fixed quite a few of my issues with that package.  

She.  IIRC, Fuseling and Sickleyield are sisters.

Thank you for the correction.  I get help from Sickleyield occasionally over on DA so knew about her  but didn't know about Fuseling.  

Spearcarrier thank you for doing a male morph for her.  

BTW what is the rule about mentioning other vendors on other sites? 

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 2,993

I would say you got pretty good results. It would seem a few of the new G8 figures are coming out with custom brows and lashes.  I used the ones from Aisling to get the thicker brows I wanted.  I finally got the eyes to work as well. Thing is I don't really have a problem with the pointy nose or chin.  But what I have been trying to get rid of is the chipmunk cheeks.  Trying get some of the narrower faced anime types made.  Fuseling's shapes are helping in that department. . 

Looks pretty cute! Did you get that result only using Sakura and Fuseling's shapes?

Llynara said:

Thanks, Alliekatblue!

Yes, he's mine. =^-^=

LMAO! Sorry! Wasn't looking at the username. My bad! I'm trying him out right now. Thanks for sharing him! 

• I would say you got pretty good results. It would seem a few of the new G8 figures are coming out with custom brows and lashes.  I used the ones from Aisling to get the thicker brows I wanted.  I finally got the eyes to work as well. Thing is I don't really have a problem with the pointy nose or chin.  But what I have been trying to get rid of is the chipmunk cheeks.  Trying get some of the narrower faced anime types made.  Fuseling's shapes are helping in that department. . 

Looks pretty cute! Did you get that result only using Sakura and Fuseling's shapes?

Yes I did.  Her first version  I did not because of the eyes and I wanted to see if I could use her like I do Star 2.0 to make the Gen3 figures more anime like.  

I have to admit her shapes are a big improvement this time over the anime character builder for Gen3. Practice makes perfect in this case. Alot easier to use this time. 

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Thanks Alliekatblue! It's a beautiful skin! Speaking of Godin, her "Nicole" skin from rendo for G8F is actually one of the best G8 skins I've seen. I was amazed at how brilliant it was. 

And oooooo are those parrotdolphin's pince-nez glasses? laugh I keep forgetting I have those... must redownload them, they look great! 

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I love Fuseling's shapes but I don't have the G8 morph packages yet. I assume they're absolutely required?

• Okay finally a render. I used 3DOutlaw's eyes - but spent a very long time having to tweak them. If anybody can break a model or attachment, it's most certainly me.

Lhung.png
    400 x 589 - 403K
  • frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052
    edited January 2018

Sakura + Cat World =

This is with the LAMH preset, though I have no idea how to use LAMH. I just fiddled with the shapes (under "Actor"), in an attempt to make a character.

sakura-cat-2.png
    470 x 676 - 213K
    Post edited by frankrblow on
  • Sakura + Cat World =

This is with the LAMH preset, though I have no idea how to use LAMH. I just fiddled with the shapes (under "Actor"), in an attempt to make a character.

D'aw. She wants a glass of warm milk and snuggles!

I saw someone mention that the fingers needed joint centering. Being as if I use a Gen8F pose on Sakura her fingers break, is this fixable? It sounds above my meager skills.

• frankrblowfrankrblow Posts: 2,052

Sakura + Cat World =

I saw someone mention that the fingers needed joint centering. Being as if I use a Gen8F pose on Sakura her fingers break, is this fixable? It sounds above my meager skills.

I haven't come across bad problems with Sakura's fingers yet, but neither have I done much posing with her. Let's see if anyone else has problems, and I'll see what I can find.

• Sakura + Cat World =

That was in reference to if you use a clone shape to make her male.

• does any kind soul know what item of clothing the model wears in Sakura eyes for Sakura8? im assuming a dforce one but have looked at all of the relevant clothing and none matches it?

• Hmm Fuyu is awesome but for one thing . Seems autofit cant stand anything fitting the shoulders and chest that isnt Gen8.
    Perilous7 said:

does any kind soul know what item of clothing the model wears in Sakura eyes for Sakura8? im assuming a dforce one but have looked at all of the relevant clothing and none matches it?

Looks like Miami Summer Outfit for Genesis 3 Female.  Daz has the worst search ever.   

https://www.daz3d.com/miami-summer-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

• no alliekat i only searched dforce like a dumbass ;-D sorry and thasnkyou so much :-D

jakiblue said:

Thanks Alliekatblue! It's a beautiful skin! Speaking of Godin, her "Nicole" skin from rendo for G8F is actually one of the best G8 skins I've seen. I was amazed at how brilliant it was. 

And oooooo are those parrotdolphin's pince-nez glasses? laugh I keep forgetting I have those... must redownload them, they look great! 

I know Nicole is gorgeous.  There was just a sale at rendo on her shop, I picked up about 10 V4 skins for about $3 each.  I always use them on G8. I knew I had the glasses but forgot the name so I searched forever, thought they would look cute with the outfit, just had to add some iray metal shaders and boom. The glasses,as you know, also for V4.  I hate the argument about how G8 makes other things obsolete.  I use all generation stuff on G8, just takes having the right tools some patience and creativity that's all.

edited January 2018
    j cade said:

Evidently I feel oposite of a lot of folks here, I like making the nose even pointier and more triagle-y :)

Moar of my using my Sakura eye morph helper. the character has the sakura head morph dialed in 72% a transferred Aiko 7 about 45% Tofusan's really great anime head morph about 12% plus a bunch of other morphs.

Also featuring another thing I whipped up which is a very, very basic geograft to remove the nostrils, a geograft works way better for this than a morph if you're wondering, morphs have way more difficulty blending smoothly

This is another thing I probably should release, but ugh, packaging it up. If I do stick it up somewhere It will probably be as is, no smart content, nothing to apply textures (its really simple to get the textures)

Darling, so cute.  Is this the hair you used? https://www.daz3d.com/janna-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s-and-victoria-4

Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • XpiderManXpiderMan Posts: 426

I'm not too much into anime/manga but Sakura 8 really got me interested to try out some 3D art. Meet "Mauve". :)

Mauve

• FenixPhoenixFenixPhoenix Posts: 2,993
    XpiderMan said:

I'm not too much into anime/manga but Sakura 8 really got me interested to try out some 3D art. Meet "Mauve". :)

Mauve

Very cute :)