Sakura 8

Comments

• Frustratingly, I haven't been able to get the Bunny outfit to work... it either blows up when I run sim or falls thru at the arms... Im not sure what's going on, the cat sweater outfit works wonderfully. 

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    scorpio said:

Just wondering, to load the eyebrows and lashes and eyes that are for Sakura, I have to load Sakura's character preset, not apply to an already existing Genesis 8. Trying to conform the Sakura lashes and brows to Genesis 8 warps them. Why isn't there a separate file to load and fit the brows and eyelashes and Sakura eye geometry? just seems very strange to me.

This was one of my disappointments with Sakura.

Did they remove the Anime Eyes Full Preload? That loads the eye sockets, eyes, lashes, brows to a G8 character. 

• Silver said:
    scorpio said:

Just wondering, to load the eyebrows and lashes and eyes that are for Sakura, I have to load Sakura's character preset, not apply to an already existing Genesis 8. Trying to conform the Sakura lashes and brows to Genesis 8 warps them. Why isn't there a separate file to load and fit the brows and eyelashes and Sakura eye geometry? just seems very strange to me.

Did they remove the Anime Eyes Full Preload? That loads the eye sockets, eyes, lashes, brows to a G8 character. 

Silver, i have no idea. I don't see a preload for the anime eyes. I know Star 2.0 for G3 had that, but I don't see one in the Sakura base. It'd be super handy to have. 

• JessaiiJessaii Posts: 845
    Silver said:
    scorpio said:

Silver, i have no idea. I don't see a preload for the anime eyes. I know Star 2.0 for G3 had that, but I don't see one in the Sakura base. It'd be super handy to have. 

Thats really unfortunate. It was just a wearable preset so I suppose you could make your own. I wonder if they removed the preloads from my characters as well hrm. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,684
    edited December 2017

freni-kyn said:

Somehow Sakura is still screwed up on my laptop and I couldn’t get her eyes, eyebrows or eyelashes to load... So instead I loaded G8 and added her shape along with a little of Dolly and several other morphs and I love how many new morphs she adds to the gene pool! When I saw V8 I was not excited at all about G8, but now with all these new morphs, I’m liking G8 female, (but not the male so far and I still hate V8 LOL) I was in a hurry, but I could see playing a long time mixing her morphs with others! 

Really love this!  I’d love to see which morphs you used. 

Thanks! laugh I started with G8 (with default skin) and then dialed in Sakura I think at 100% but can't remember now. Added a little Dolly, a little Josie then some Handspan/Thorne morphs and also played with various new morphs that came with Sakura in different areas of her face. So many new morphs come with her! There is so much cool morphing to play with! Oh and I made the irises bigger on G8 by removing limits on iris size which doesn't do too much so I individually made each eye larger then moved them back along the Z axis thanks to someone's advice here about how to make irises bigger on G8...

Post edited by Wonderland on
  • That looks great @stormlyght

Thank you!

Trish

• Since it is Sakura related, has anyone used the new bunny outfit and know if it is easy to adjust to have the hood down at the back? I know with force it can be done, but would want to know if I'm going to have to be spinning the figure around or if it is rigged to set that up easily. On the fence, but ease of use would push me over.

I don't have Sakura 8 yet or dforce but I had to get this bunny number while it was on sale.  This outfit has so many morphs and bones with it. So this is as far as I was able to get the hood down without dforce. The bunny ears were another story. It looks a little lumpy probably because of the lack of the draping simulation and maybe the character I used (she's a converted Keiko 6 character with VH Joyce skin for V4). But the outfit is workable and super cute.  It's a little grainy but I hope this helps.

Thanks, it looks like it at least gets it well enough out of the way to let dforce do the rest without too much fuss. Got it and will try to experiment this weekend. I appreciate the images!

• The DiigitalsThe Diigitals Posts: 380
    edited December 2017

Karuki said:

Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

hahah Totally reminds me of T.N.T. Jackson! :D I've never seen it, but I saw some fan art of it, and that totally could be her! :D So cute!

I adore what you've done- if that was a character in the store I'd snatch her up in a second! heart

Karuki said:

Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

oh my GOSH ditto what Diva said, I LOVE it! Who is alondra and where is she, and can you share that morph??? She's amazing!!!!!!! what a winner~! So much wow~

that is awesome work. I got Alondra, I will have to try that. :)

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Wow. Could you share those few adjustments you did on nose and lip. Looks really great and much better then the "sharp" default.

Noswen said:

Nicely done Karuki, also inspired me to have a try at applying a different skin to see how it came out, this one is Tonya, though a much simpler render than your ones.

I was surprised at just how high I had to set the render settings to get rid of the fireflies on the skin, even setting it to 99.9% convergence wasn't enough, I also had to increase the rendering quality setting. Thankfully with such a simple scene the time was not long even with that.

Thank you so much everyone!! I really had fun with her :) I didn't go as in depth with my customization as normal, but her is the Shaping Preset. I've never shared this kind of file before so if it doesn't work and I've done something wrong please let me know!!

Also, I'd love to see any renders if you do decide to use her, or use her as a base :)

duf
    duf
    ChibiShudu.duf
    Post edited by The Diigitals on
  • I don't generally do anime or cartoon characters but Sakura is very appealing. So I bought her. Here is my quick render of her and a little postwork in photoshop. 

Edit: I say I don't render stylized characters or toons but I had to buy every one of the Lady LittleFox Precious characters blush and one of them is my avatar...

Trish

This looks awesome! Really like that her nose doesn't look super sharp like in other renders. I'm still on the fence about getting any G8 character... but Sakura might become the exception if you guys keep sharing such cool renders with her!

• Love that render very much

• edited December 2017
    pds said:

pds said:
    pds said:
    I keep wondering where to find the cat ear hair in the promos or is that an item coming out later.
    The hair was on the product page in the images there. Actually have that hair and use it alot. Noshoba.deviantart.com if you want to see.lol

Not sure what promos you were referring to, but here’s a cat ear hair product:

https://www.daz3d.com/anime-kitten-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s

and it’s part of the Christmas promo if you got that orange banner.

Awesome anime-style renders on your DA page! Thanks for sharing. I’m guessing the promo you’re referring to is the attached. Hopefully that WILL be a forthcoming product!

pds said:

I hope as well and yes that was the product page image.  I was on the road so couldn't reply sooner.  Actually  had a short chat with Lady Littlefox about maybe doing a long hair cat eared hair as a suggestion lol. All you see is shorthair these days.  I mean the original catgirl wasn't bad . A little updating for current figures and I would make heavy use of it.  The genesis one sucked in my honest opinion. The lack of bangs was a turn off.  Why I hope we get a catgirl/ foxgirl for Sakura. 

And thank you for the compliment on the gallery.  Thanks tpo the way goldtassel did the material zones on his Anime Kitten hair I have been able to adapt it to use with most other hairs for the ears.  BUt still would like to see something a little more anime like.  did have a little fun with her  just messing with morphs and such.  May have to do a texture set for the outfit as well. 

Sakura play.png
    1086 x 665 - 967K
    Post edited by noshobawolf_f994bf986d on
  • pds said:

pds said:
    pds said:
    I keep wondering where to find the cat ear hair in the promos or is that an item coming out later.
    The hair was on the product page in the images there. Actually have that hair and use it alot. Noshoba.deviantart.com if you want to see.lol

Not sure what promos you were referring to, but here’s a cat ear hair product:

https://www.daz3d.com/anime-kitten-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s

and it’s part of the Christmas promo if you got that orange banner.

Awesome anime-style renders on your DA page! Thanks for sharing. I’m guessing the promo you’re referring to is the attached. Hopefully that WILL be a forthcoming product!

pds said:

I hope as well and yes that was the product page image.  I was on the road so couldn't reply sooner.  Actually  had a short chat with Lady Littlefox about maybe doing a long hair cat eared hair as a suggestion lol. All you see is shorthair these days.  I mean the original catgirl wasn't bad . A little updating for current figures and I would make heavy use of it.  The genesis one sucked in my honest opinion. The lack of bangs was a turn off.  Why I hope we get a catgirl/ foxgirl for Sakura. 

And thank you for the compliment on the gallery.  Thanks tpo the way goldtassel did the material zones on his Anime Kitten hair I have been able to adapt it to use with most other hairs for the ears.  BUt still would like to see something a little more anime like.  did have a little fun with her  just messing with morphs and such.  May have to do a texture set for the outfit as well. 

Hmm one of the images on the product page showed a cat eared hair I haven't seen before. I am sorry for not being clear.

At first I thought it was from the Animal Anime Pack available in the other stores, but there appears to be more hair inside the ear in the posted promo image.

I went ahead and got anyway . I think I can see a way to make use it until others come out.  I watch the vendor over on DA  and like what he does. 

•  

This looks awesome! Really like that her nose doesn't look super sharp like in other renders. I'm still on the fence about getting any G8 character... but Sakura might become the exception if you guys keep sharing such cool renders with her!

Hi @giselle3000

Thank you! She has all kinds of morphs. I did a little dial spinning and modified her nose so that it was less pointy. 

Trish

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,270
    Karuki said:

Karuki said:

hahah Totally reminds me of T.N.T. Jackson! :D I've never seen it, but I saw some fan art of it, and that totally could be her! :D So cute!

I adore what you've done- if that was a character in the store I'd snatch her up in a second! heart

Karuki said:

oh my GOSH ditto what Diva said, I LOVE it! Who is alondra and where is she, and can you share that morph??? She's amazing!!!!!!! what a winner~! So much wow~

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Wow. Could you share those few adjustments you did on nose and lip. Looks really great and much better then the "sharp" default.

Noswen said:

Nicely done Karuki, also inspired me to have a try at applying a different skin to see how it came out, this one is Tonya, though a much simpler render than your ones.

I was surprised at just how high I had to set the render settings to get rid of the fireflies on the skin, even setting it to 99.9% convergence wasn't enough, I also had to increase the rendering quality setting. Thankfully with such a simple scene the time was not long even with that.

Thank you so much everyone!! I really had fun with her :) I didn't go as in depth with my customization as normal, but her is the Shaping Preset. I've never shared this kind of file before so if it doesn't work and I've done something wrong please let me know!!

Also, I'd love to see any renders if you do decide to use her, or use her as a base :)

This is AWESOME! Thank you so much! She's SO CUTE! heart

• So a question for anyone who has this character, if I were to get her, can her eyes and eyebrows be parented to G3 female? Or at least her eyes? 

• So a question for anyone who has this character, if I were to get her, can her eyes and eyebrows be parented to G3 female? Or at least her eyes? 

Haven't tried yet honestly. Usually use Star 2.0 for that. 

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2017

So a question for anyone who has this character, if I were to get her, can her eyes and eyebrows be parented to G3 female? Or at least her eyes? 

@giselle300 yeah but you'll have to load up Sakura. then unparent the yes, eyelashes and eye socket. then load up a regular G8F and fit them to it. (also hide/remove the default eyes, lashes) it doesn't come with a preset to do this. probably because the eyelashes don't show up at all unless you about about 50% of sakura dialed in.

with less than 50% sakura you prolly need other lashes.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • I've been working on Sakura all day. I find the eyes overly complicated to pose and customize. Also, I can't seem to get them to move. Are there eye movement settings in the parameters tab or something?

I've been working on Sakura all day. I find the eyes overly complicated to pose and customize. Also, I can't seem to get them to move. Are there eye movement settings in the parameters tab or something?

Should be able to move them under Posing.

Posing >> Pose Controls >> Head >> Eyes :)

Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Noswen said:

She's wonderful! Thank you for the shaping preset. :D 
    Here she is with your Shaping, Charlotte 8's mats (darkened by adding a mustard like color to Translucency Color), and the great eye morphs that @j cade made. :)

I like the skin for your version a bit better though - I may have to get that character. :)

Thanks again for the great shape settings and thank you, J Cade for the wonderful eye morphs! heart

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Karuki said:

Awesome! Where is that hair at? Renderosity?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,890
    Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Noswen said:

Here she is with your Shaping, Charlotte 8's mats (darkened by adding a mustard like color to Translucency Color), and the great eye morphs that @j cade made. :)

I like the skin for your version a bit better though - I may have to get that character. :)

Thanks again for the great shape settings and thank you, J Cade for the wonderful eye morphs! heart

Super cute and it even looks like she's hating carrying that sword.

edited December 2017
    Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Noswen said:

Super cute and it even looks like she's hating carrying that sword.

hahah Thank you! :) And yeah, I was going for timid fighter. "Oh crap, well it's just a LITTLE fire-breathing dragon. Maybe I can take him...". lol

Post edited by 3Diva on

@giselle300 yeah but you'll have to load up Sakura. then unparent the yes, eyelashes and eye socket. then load up a regular G8F and fit them to it. (also hide/remove the default eyes, lashes) it doesn't come with a preset to do this. probably because the eyelashes don't show up at all unless you about about 50% of sakura dialed in.

I don't think this works. I tried it, and the eyelashes deformed HORRIBLY when i tried to fit to genesis 8 and so did the brows, it only worked on Sakura full load. :(

So a question for anyone who has this character, if I were to get her, can her eyes and eyebrows be parented to G3 female? Or at least her eyes? 

I don't think this works. I tried it, and the eyelashes deformed HORRIBLY when i tried to fit to genesis 8 and so did the brows, it only worked on Sakura full load. :(

Try adding a smoothing modifier and see if that helps. :)

• Silver said:
    Silver said:
    scorpio said:

Thats really unfortunate. It was just a wearable preset so I suppose you could make your own. I wonder if they removed the preloads from my characters as well hrm. 

Diva, adding smoothing didn't help either. They're fitting to the lower half of the face, I seriously have no idea. I have a feeling it has to do with the geometry swapping, but I don't know... ug. :(

• Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Noswen said:

yay!!! Thank yo uso much :) Honestly makes me so happy!

Karuki said:

All are from the Daz store :)

I have no idea which direction to go in with my new character, any feedback would be appreciated. I'm super happy with the face, but just not sure what to do with her body. From faltter to more curvy.. also with her style and skin... 

loli.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 663K
    loli4.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 247K
    loliborg2.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 500K
  • Karuki said:
    Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Karuki said:

Lyoness said:
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

Karuki said:

Noswen said:

yay!!! Thank yo uso much :) Honestly makes me so happy!

Karuki said:

All are from the Daz store :)

I have no idea which direction to go in with my new character, any feedback would be appreciated. I'm super happy with the face, but just not sure what to do with her body. From faltter to more curvy.. also with her style and skin... 

Well I like the first picture if you were wanting something more chibi like.  Kind of reminds a little bit of Tiaga from Toradora. 

• I also like the first but I like them all, Karuki. Also, please check your forum messages too! And what outfit is Sakura wearing in second two pics?

• Actually I have a question. How do you get the pictures larger when you post them