Sakura 8

Comments

• ebergerlyebergerly Posts: 3,255

I've always been amazed at that anime/manga style. That single, very unique style seems like it has lasted and been amazingly popular for many decades. Not sure I really understand it, but I guess a lot of people love it. 

• SamanthieSamanthie Posts: 308
    edited December 2017

I purchased the pro bundle but can't find Sakuru 8. In Daz I see Pix Charu and Kieri folders but none for Sakuru. I did a search in DS but find no Sakuru Actor.

*edit, uninstalled base and then reinstalled with DIM. Sakuru is there now.

Post edited by Samanthie on
  • ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

Sakura Having Fun In the Snow! :)

Sakurasnowtest100.jpg
    800 x 1200 - 355K
    Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 2017

She's is simply beautiful. She reminds me very much to Aiko 3 or 4. I really hope for a male counterpart to her in January.

Sakura.jpg
    567 x 874 - 417K
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • Since it is Sakura related, has anyone used the new bunny outfit and know if it is easy to adjust to have the hood down at the back? I know with force it can be done, but would want to know if I'm going to have to be spinning the figure around or if it is rigged to set that up easily. On the fence, but ease of use would push me over.
  • StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666
    edited December 2017

I don't generally do anime or cartoon characters but Sakura is very appealing. So I bought her. Here is my quick render of her and a little postwork in photoshop. 

Edit: I say I don't render stylized characters or toons but I had to buy every one of the Lady LittleFox Precious characters blush and one of them is my avatar...

Trish

sakura-misty-morning.jpg
    1200 x 1553 - 938K
    Post edited by Stormlyght on
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,142

That looks great @stormlyght

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 2017

I made/added an update to Sakura Eyes, to better work with j cades' morph, which worked well!  (in process)  This is a mix of Dolly, Sakura and some other things, using that morph and the update I submitted.  I like to be able to blend!  cheeky

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

IMG_7341.JPG
    1000 x 652 - 115K
    IMG_7340.JPG
    1000 x 1000 - 113K
    IMG_7339.JPG
    1000 x 1000 - 144K
  • 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Karuki said:

Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

hahah Totally reminds me of T.N.T. Jackson! :D I've never seen it, but I saw some fan art of it, and that totally could be her! :D So cute!

I adore what you've done- if that was a character in the store I'd snatch her up in a second! heart

• Karuki said:

Sakura with Alondra skin for Monique 8, with a few nose and lip adjustments. I never thought I'd like anime characters but there's something really fun about her.

oh my GOSH ditto what Diva said, I LOVE it! Who is alondra and where is she, and can you share that morph??? She's amazing!!!!!!! what a winner~! So much wow~

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    Karuki said:

oh my GOSH ditto what Diva said, I LOVE it! Who is alondra and where is she, and can you share that morph??? She's amazing!!!!!!! what a winner~! So much wow~

Here's the skin Karuki used: https://www.daz3d.com/alondra-for-monique-8

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited December 2017

that is awesome work. I got Alondra, I will have to try that. :)

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • Somehow Sakura is still screwed up on my laptop and I couldn’t get her eyes, eyebrows or eyelashes to load... So instead I loaded G8 and added her shape along with a little of Dolly and several other morphs and I love how many new morphs she adds to the gene pool! When I saw V8 I was not excited at all about G8, but now with all these new morphs, I’m liking G8 female, (but not the male so far and I still hate V8 LOL) I was in a hurry, but I could see playing a long time mixing her morphs with others! 

Really love this!  I’d love to see which morphs you used. 

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,606
    Karuki said:

love Love LOVE!!!!!

heart

• freni-kyn said:

I found that about 50% Sakura is max you can go without totally deforming the default eyeballs. Also here is a quick render.  is 50% sakura head  and 50% other shape while using native eyeballs.

would want to do some corrective measures to the eyes, but since just a test and i have stuff to do i didn't here.

Lated EDIT: figured it was worth mentioning I don't use iray and use octane render. so this isn't a representation of the iray presets in any way, shape or form. for better  or for worse. And this isn't the auto generated settings for octane, i heavily (but very quickly) adjusted the settings for the purposes of my test. 

Ok... you sold me.  Guess I'm going to have to buy this now.  Just curious... Why do you use Octane render? 

Octane render gives me a lot of control that I still find lacking in iray for DS. Overall its more empowering, faster and gives you more control. Not to derail but since you asked:

• Its faster than iray both rendering and while working a scene (in realtime i can move the HDR, lights etc around and see it interactively udpate in the prevew)
    • it has a lot more features and controls to adjust speed, quality, features etc
    • I have more visibility into memory management, you can manually reduce texture size per texture, or use memory not inside the GPU while still using the GPU for rendering( less of an issue for me now that i have 8gb, but still a thing),
    • the material editor makes so much more sense than the daz surfaces tool
    • it works outside of daz studio
    • autosave render feature (like i set for saving every 15 mins if its a long render)
    • better camera features (i can lock the octane render windows camera, while using another to edit poses for example)
    • a crap ton of render options (render by material group, ambient occusion or about 20 other options)
    • a lot of options to adjust general performance
    • node based materials is amazing compared to daz solution
    • i can render 360 visualizations (daz camera can't do this so you do export to octane standalone, however it preserves your materials and lighting perfectly. this is the ONLY thing I export to Octane standalone. I use Daz Octane Plugin 99% of the time.)
    ThatGuy said:

Also, remember that Gen 7 gave us both Aiko AND Keiko because the two were so distinct.

exactly!

Oh no, I noticed that the Keiko bundle is the Mega Manga bundle. I wrangled some money to together and slapped the purchase button!  Oh no, this month has been to many good deals! LOL!

thats how i feel. now i need to use all this stuff.

Thank you. I purchased reality when I first started with Daz but I found it very difficult to use. At times I liked the render better, at other times not as much. It was much faster than rendering in Daz using iray though. Am I right in assuming that octane and reality are similar. 

• Karuki said:

Wow. Could you share those few adjustments you did on nose and lip. Looks really great and much better then the "sharp" default.

• j cade said:

Aight... Anybody want to test this out and make sure I have this all working

2 morphs, both found under head>face>eyes>stylized edit: they are named Sakura Use Default eyes and Sakura Default Eyes Iris Oval

1st sticks the default eyes where they should be (I set it up all proper so it should be at a value of either 0, or 1 you shouldn't need to set it at any intermediary values it will automatically blend with however strong you have Sakura)

2nd morph makes the iris shape oval, its optional, but gives a better look. Set it at what strength looks good to you.

There is one other thing you will probably want to do, but that I cannot share so you'll have to do yourself:

To make the iris properly big you are going to need to set the limits of the iris size morph to something more than 100%

• click the gear to the left of the morph slider
    • select "parameter settings" and set the max limit higher to something like 200
    • now you can set the slider higher, but wait! the iris still seems to stop growing at 100% what is this?
    • Iris Size is actually a controller morph that controls 2 secret hidden morphs rather than moving the mesh itself. We need to change the limits on a secret hidden morph as well; luckily this isn't actually hard, in fact its actually pretty much the same thing we just did.
    • make sure you have the normal Iris Size morph dialed in a bit (this will make it much easier to find the morph its secretly controlling)
    • In th top left of the parameters tab click the properties (triangle and 4 lines) and make sure "Show Hidden Properties" is on
    • in the top of where all the morphs are go to currently used, provided you don't have a bunch of other morphs applied you should quickly find a greyed out morph called PHMEyesIrisSize_pos (alternatively you can just search for this directly)
    • Do the same thing with the limits you did for the Iris size morph
    • since you only adjusted the positive max for the iris size you only need to change the positive secret morph the other one you don't need to worry about
    • go to file>save as>support asset>save modified asset so these changes will be saved to the figure and you can continue dialing bigger eyes going forwards.

So just to make sure I understand this.... is this morph for Genesis 8 eyes, or Sakura eyes? I mean does it make Genesis 8 eyes fit Sakura, or help sakura eyes fit Genesis 8 better? Sorry for my confusion :)

• Does anyone know what kind of hair and clothing Sakura is wearing at the promotional banner?

• NoswenNoswen Posts: 358
    edited December 2017

Nicely done Karuki, also inspired me to have a try at applying a different skin to see how it came out, this one is Tonya, though a much simpler render than your ones.

I was surprised at just how high I had to set the render settings to get rid of the fireflies on the skin, even setting it to 99.9% convergence wasn't enough, I also had to increase the rendering quality setting. Thankfully with such a simple scene the time was not long even with that.

Agent SAKURA.jpg
    927 x 1500 - 119K
    Post edited by Noswen on
  • I keep wondering where to find the cat ear hair in the promos or is that an item coming out later.
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2017
    freni-kyn said:
    freni-kyn said:

I found that about 50% Sakura is max you can go without totally deforming the default eyeballs. Also here is a quick render.  is 50% sakura head  and 50% other shape while using native eyeballs.

would want to do some corrective measures to the eyes, but since just a test and i have stuff to do i didn't here.

Lated EDIT: figured it was worth mentioning I don't use iray and use octane render. so this isn't a representation of the iray presets in any way, shape or form. for better  or for worse. And this isn't the auto generated settings for octane, i heavily (but very quickly) adjusted the settings for the purposes of my test. 

Ok... you sold me.  Guess I'm going to have to buy this now.  Just curious... Why do you use Octane render? 

Octane render gives me a lot of control that I still find lacking in iray for DS. Overall its more empowering, faster and gives you more control. Not to derail but since you asked:

• Its faster than iray both rendering and while working a scene (in realtime i can move the HDR, lights etc around and see it interactively udpate in the prevew)
    • it has a lot more features and controls to adjust speed, quality, features etc
    • I have more visibility into memory management, you can manually reduce texture size per texture, or use memory not inside the GPU while still using the GPU for rendering( less of an issue for me now that i have 8gb, but still a thing),
    • the material editor makes so much more sense than the daz surfaces tool
    • it works outside of daz studio
    • autosave render feature (like i set for saving every 15 mins if its a long render)
    • better camera features (i can lock the octane render windows camera, while using another to edit poses for example)
    • a crap ton of render options (render by material group, ambient occusion or about 20 other options)
    • a lot of options to adjust general performance
    • node based materials is amazing compared to daz solution
    • i can render 360 visualizations (daz camera can't do this so you do export to octane standalone, however it preserves your materials and lighting perfectly. this is the ONLY thing I export to Octane standalone. I use Daz Octane Plugin 99% of the time.)
    ThatGuy said:

Also, remember that Gen 7 gave us both Aiko AND Keiko because the two were so distinct.

exactly!

Oh no, I noticed that the Keiko bundle is the Mega Manga bundle. I wrangled some money to together and slapped the purchase button!  Oh no, this month has been to many good deals! LOL!

thats how i feel. now i need to use all this stuff.

Thank you. I purchased reality when I first started with Daz but I found it very difficult to use. At times I liked the render better, at other times not as much. It was much faster than rendering in Daz using iray though. Am I right in assuming that octane and reality are similar. 

@freni-kyn I used reality years ago too. The slow rendering speeds is what led me to Octane. Reality/Lux and Octane are only similiar in that they are both unbiased renderers, like iRay. I much prefer Octane over Reality, but  I haven't used it in a long time so  I don't know if it continued to improve. 

j cade said:

Aight... Anybody want to test this out and make sure I have this all working

2 morphs, both found under head>face>eyes>stylized edit: they are named Sakura Use Default eyes and Sakura Default Eyes Iris Oval

1st sticks the default eyes where they should be (I set it up all proper so it should be at a value of either 0, or 1 you shouldn't need to set it at any intermediary values it will automatically blend with however strong you have Sakura)

2nd morph makes the iris shape oval, its optional, but gives a better look. Set it at what strength looks good to you.

There is one other thing you will probably want to do, but that I cannot share so you'll have to do yourself:

To make the iris properly big you are going to need to set the limits of the iris size morph to something more than 100%

• click the gear to the left of the morph slider
    • select "parameter settings" and set the max limit higher to something like 200
    • now you can set the slider higher, but wait! the iris still seems to stop growing at 100% what is this?
    • Iris Size is actually a controller morph that controls 2 secret hidden morphs rather than moving the mesh itself. We need to change the limits on a secret hidden morph as well; luckily this isn't actually hard, in fact its actually pretty much the same thing we just did.
    • make sure you have the normal Iris Size morph dialed in a bit (this will make it much easier to find the morph its secretly controlling)
    • In th top left of the parameters tab click the properties (triangle and 4 lines) and make sure "Show Hidden Properties" is on
    • in the top of where all the morphs are go to currently used, provided you don't have a bunch of other morphs applied you should quickly find a greyed out morph called PHMEyesIrisSize_pos (alternatively you can just search for this directly)
    • Do the same thing with the limits you did for the Iris size morph
    • since you only adjusted the positive max for the iris size you only need to change the positive secret morph the other one you don't need to worry about
    • go to file>save as>support asset>save modified asset so these changes will be saved to the figure and you can continue dialing bigger eyes going forwards.

So just to make sure I understand this.... is this morph for Genesis 8 eyes, or Sakura eyes? I mean does it make Genesis 8 eyes fit Sakura, or help sakura eyes fit Genesis 8 better? Sorry for my confusion :)

@DisparateDreamer  default eyes on sakura!

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Hmm one of the images on the product page showed a cat eared hair I haven't seen before. I am sorry for not being clear.
  • pdspds Posts: 593
    I keep wondering where to find the cat ear hair in the promos or is that an item coming out later.

Not sure what promos you were referring to, but here’s a cat ear hair product:

https://www.daz3d.com/anime-kitten-hair-for-genesis-2-female-s

and it’s part of the Christmas promo if you got that orange banner.

• pds said:
    I keep wondering where to find the cat ear hair in the promos or is that an item coming out later.
    The hair was on the product page in the images there. Actually have that hair and use it alot. Noshoba.deviantart.com if you want to see.lol

• pdspds Posts: 593
    pds said:
    The hair was on the product page in the images there. Actually have that hair and use it alot. Noshoba.deviantart.com if you want to see.lol

Awesome anime-style renders on your DA page! Thanks for sharing. I’m guessing the promo you’re referring to is the attached. Hopefully that WILL be a forthcoming product!

610D7DFD-6611-42F0-88E3-A847183BDA95.jpeg
    701 x 903 - 630K
  • Just wondering, to load the eyebrows and lashes and eyes that are for Sakura, I have to load Sakura's character preset, not apply to an already existing Genesis 8. Trying to conform the Sakura lashes and brows to Genesis 8 warps them. Why isn't there a separate file to load and fit the brows and eyelashes and Sakura eye geometry? just seems very strange to me.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,959
    edited December 2017
    Since it is Sakura related, has anyone used the new bunny outfit and know if it is easy to adjust to have the hood down at the back? I know with force it can be done, but would want to know if I'm going to have to be spinning the figure around or if it is rigged to set that up easily. On the fence, but ease of use would push me over.

I don't have Sakura 8 yet or dforce but I had to get this bunny number while it was on sale.  This outfit has so many morphs and bones with it. So this is as far as I was able to get the hood down without dforce. The bunny ears were another story. It looks a little lumpy probably because of the lack of the draping simulation and maybe the character I used (she's a converted Keiko 6 character with VH Joyce skin for V4). But the outfit is workable and super cute.  It's a little grainy but I hope this helps.

bennytest 1.png
    905 x 882 - 667K
    bennytest 2.png
    905 x 882 - 821K
    Post edited by ALLIEKATBLUE on
  • scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,301

Just wondering, to load the eyebrows and lashes and eyes that are for Sakura, I have to load Sakura's character preset, not apply to an already existing Genesis 8. Trying to conform the Sakura lashes and brows to Genesis 8 warps them. Why isn't there a separate file to load and fit the brows and eyelashes and Sakura eye geometry? just seems very strange to me.

This was one of my disappointments with Sakura.

• Hmm one of the images on the product page showed a cat eared hair I haven't seen before. I am sorry for not being clear.

At first I thought it was from the Animal Anime Pack available in the other stores, but there appears to be more hair inside the ear in the posted promo image.