Sakura 8

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 2017

I found that about 50% Sakura is max you can go without totally deforming the default eyeballs. Also here is a quick render.  is 50% sakura head  and 50% other shape while using native eyeballs.

would want to do some corrective measures to the eyes, but since just a test and i have stuff to do i didn't here.

Lated EDIT: figured it was worth mentioning I don't use iray and use octane render. so this isn't a representation of the iray presets in any way, shape or form. for better  or for worse. And this isn't the auto generated settings for octane, i heavily (but very quickly) adjusted the settings for the purposes of my test. 

new gal2 test.jpg
    720 x 960 - 238K
    head.png
    720 x 960 - 983K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • dragotxdragotx Posts: 1,134
    edited December 2017

I found that about 50% Sakura is max you can go without totally deforming the default eyeballs. Also here is a quick render.  is 50% sakura head  and 50% other shape while using native eyeballs.

would want to do some corrective measures to the eyes, but since just a test and i have stuff to do i didn't here.

hmm, I've been on the fence about her, I really don't render toons often, but she cute. This one you just did makes her look a lot more useable for my general style, especially with a different skin. Thanks KS for this post, I am leaning more towards getting her now

Post edited by dragotx on
  • dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

What’s this about RareStone and a bishonen? Oh god I do hope so. My greatest wish is for a proper bishy. Gender-swapping anime girls does produce a certain kind of boytype-anime character, but not the sort I want my anime girls to be all tsundere over. 

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396

I really hope this doesn't replace Aiko.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,735
    Crescent said:

Here's a quick render of Sakura and Dolly together, each at 50%.  I dialed in the morphs so it's using the regular G8 eyes.  I had to adjust them a bit on the x and z positions, but the eyes probably need a little more tweaking.  

I think the G8 male clone is included with the G8 female.  To get to the morph:

1. Select the Genesis 8 Female body.
    2. In the Parameters tab, click the menu options to the side and select "Show Hidden Properties".
    3. Make sure you have "All" selected and drill down - Genesis 8 Female: Hidden:  Clones.
    4. You should have a Genesis 8 Male dial in there that's greyed out.  Set it to 100%.

Cheers!

Thanks! New secret Info all the time!

• Mr Bowen said:

I am sure there is room for two distinct Anime type characters for each gender. And I suspect that the reason some folks are disappointed is that they were expecting Sakura to be another real world Asian character and not old school Anime.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    kyoto kid said:

...Divamakeup, you just broke my Cute-O-Meter (and possibly my bank account).

Hehe She's quite adorable, IMO! My new favorite figure (well, tied with Charlotte 8). :)

...what I like is she has definition to her arms and legs rather then them looking like "bent tubes" and she leds herself so well to Anime shaders..

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,560
    JamesJAB said:

She comes with quite a few face customization morphs, and mixes well with the regular face morphs that I added into this render.

...ooh geez, with the right mixing and morphing, I can see creating an even more accurate Merida with her.

edited December 2017

Mr Bowen said:

considering they've had many stylized characters each generation lately, I don't see this being the case. Though I'm not sure what people expect of aiko as she changes each generation and tends not to have much root in her past.

A3 to A4 turned off some people, but since then her steps have been even larger. So if someone liked A5, they may not like A6, A7. Who knows what A8 will be. I wouldn't have any expectation. 

pesonally I haven't loved Aiko since 4, but i do tend to buy her cause her pro pack tends to have plenty of useful stuff. however the character itself doesn't really standout. (but good for mixing small amounts of, something Aiko has always been good for since inception)

• outrider42outrider42 Posts: 3,679

When is DimensionTheory's Iray Toon Shader coming out? IMO, this should have been released with Sakura 8 to maximize sales for both products. They could have had bundle deals involving each other. Also, was this Shader used in all the toon shaded promos, or just the one that mentions it?

edited December 2017

IMO, this should have been released with Sakura 8 to maximize sales for both products.

I can say that is not always the case, as people often have caps to what they spend at a time. (hence the trickle of goodies on sites like this).

People who want a toon shader will still buy it regardless of when it is sold, frankly. (assuming they have the funds)

but good point on crediting the shaders used in the promos. important stuff.

• Sorry, not for me, but then I am into ultra-realism rather than anime.

Nice to see plenty of variety for G8F

Really hoping to see Mei-Lin 8

:)

• Mr BowenMr Bowen Posts: 396
    edited December 2017

What is going on with her left leg here on the left figure? Her thigh, knee and shin down look like they are all out of sinc.image

Post edited by Chohole on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    Crescent said:

Hopefully they do come out with the male counterpart, but worst case scenario you can use unhide the G8 male clone and use that as a morph to make a male figure.  The fingers need joint center tweaking and I'd probably use a few morphs to make the face a little more masculine, but out of the box the results are pretty decent.

Very clever.  Thanks for the tip.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,312

Here's Dolly mixed with sakura 50% each and 100 % Josie mixed with 50% Sakura, both are done from the base mosel G8F, so don't use Sakura's eyes the G8F eyes will need rescaling and positioning.

Dolly50sakura.png
    707 x 1000 - 362K
    sakurajosie.png
    707 x 1000 - 361K
  • This looks great! Personally I never liked the Aiko series of figures, looked more like bug eyed Bratz dolls than anime figures, but this one looks fantastic~

Just wish I could fix the technical problems. :/ Every time I try to load it or one of the add one figures in, it just makes a smaller version of the Base Gen 8 model. @@ anyone know how to fix this?

Also, how do you get to these "Gen 2 and 3" clones the decription speaks of?

• j cadej cade Posts: 2,310
    edited December 2017

Since I imagine some folks might be into it, I (very quickly... seriously like 30 mins of work this morning) whipped up a  couple morphs to enable better with the default eyes.

It isnt quite perfect, but it does make, say, blending with other figures a bit easier.

I'll be sticking it up on sharecg once I've packaged it up either tonight or tomorrow.

sakuraeyes.jpg
    700 x 910 - 380K
    Post edited by j cade on

Awesome, looking forward to it, j cade!

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

When is DimensionTheory's Iray Toon Shader coming out? IMO, this should have been released with Sakura 8 to maximize sales for both products. They could have had bundle deals involving each other. Also, was this Shader used in all the toon shaded promos, or just the one that mentions it?

It's been out for quite a while: https://www.daz3d.com/sketchy-toon-edge-and-art-style-shaders-for-iray

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    M F M said:

Earlier

JOdel said:

But the base character doesn't show up in the downloads, and while the Bundle *claims* to include the character, her thumbnail isn't among the products included.

Time to fill out a ticket.

And a Dreamlight tutorial shows up in the bundle instead of the character. Definitely time to fill out a ticket.

I can confirm that the base Sakura 8 does not appear in DIM or in my products page after getting Pro bundle. Ticket submitted.

At this point in time, the base Sakura 8 _does_ show up in my DIM (and my products page), after getting the Pro bundle. (^_^)d

I am now also able to download Sakura via DIM, but her shapes and morphs aren't working. This is a default load right from the products.

I had that with The Girl 7, I had to use to install it via smart content and then all the morphs worked well.

Hope that helps

Pet

• I found that about 50% Sakura is max you can go without totally deforming the default eyeballs. Also here is a quick render.  is 50% sakura head  and 50% other shape while using native eyeballs.

Lated EDIT: figured it was worth mentioning I don't use iray and use octane render. so this isn't a representation of the iray presets in any way, shape or form. for better  or for worse. And this isn't the auto generated settings for octane, i heavily (but very quickly) adjusted the settings for the purposes of my test. 

Ok... you sold me.  Guess I'm going to have to buy this now.  Just curious... Why do you use Octane render? 

• Just noticed there is nothing fun for those of us that already own the pro bundles.  Bummer.

• These are Sakura's default skin (lower translucency) and...I forget who's eye texture, but it's G8F's regular eyes.  

Clicky for IMGUR gallery with 25-75, 50-50, and 75-25 mixes.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,073
    edited December 2017
    j cade said:

Since I imagine some folks might be into it, I (very quickly... seriously like 30 mins of work this morning) whipped up a  couple morphs to enable better with the default eyes.

It isnt quite perfect, but it does make, say, blending with other figures a bit easier.

I'll be sticking it up on sharecg once I've packaged it up either tonight or tomorrow.

Thank you.  Very generous.  Will be on the look out.

Post edited by Diomede on

Sakura, one of the eye and mouth variations, postwork filters. Original render included as an attachment.

Sakura 1.jpg
    2000 x 2000 - 3M
    Sakura 1.png
    2000 x 2000 - 2M
  • PetraPetra Posts: 1,143
    scorpio said:

Here's Dolly mixed with sakura 50% each and 100 % Josie mixed with 50% Sakura, both are done from the base mosel G8F, so don't use Sakura's eyes the G8F eyes will need rescaling and positioning.

How ccan I not use Sakura eyes, I have no idea how to blend them out.

Your render looks lovely.

Pet

Sakura shows up in DIm but it has no metadata and doesn't show up in smart content or regular content pane!

• Pet said:
    scorpio said:

How ccan I not use Sakura eyes, I have no idea how to blend them out.

Your render looks lovely.

Pet

Delete the eyes and make the base G8F eyes visible in surfaces.

• Sakura shows up in DIm but it has no metadata and doesn't show up in smart content or regular content pane!

She has metadata for me. Maybe redownload?

Sakura shows up in DIm but it has no metadata and doesn't show up in smart content or regular content pane!

She has metadata for me. Maybe redownload?

Going crazy right now. DS just stopped working correctly...